texifornia

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And these are ESPN's top headlines

• Tide beat UGA, then state CFP case: We belong
  • Smart: Georgia still among 'the best four teams'
  • FSU goes with freshman Glenn in ACC title game
  • TCU stuns G'town as officials can't overturn shot
  • Texas exits Big 12 with title, makes case for CFP

Yeah, but you're talking logic, we're talking about college football.

And the CFP committee can fuck around this year and then say "oh, my bad, well we're going to 12 next year so no worries, it won't happen again!"

Their original headline was that Bama "awaits the CFP" like they are guaranteed to be in. We know who they are backing during this politicking..

IMG_20231202_212658.jpg

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Clay Travis is an idiot but I think he frames this well. 

The problem with the “best” is that it takes a lot of eye test into account. They fell flat on their face putting Oregon in front of both Texas and Bama. There was plenty of evidence for Texas/Bama but somehow completion percentage was in play? Having bama jump over an undefeated FSU would make them look stupid imo. They’re going with more deserving so they can save face. Maybe they will go full out “deserving” and put the undefeated teams ahead of us and in return we can kick the shit out of Michigan. 

6 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Honestly the committee has one of the easiest years with 3 undefeated teams and the 2 remaining power 5 teams having played each other.

I agree. Three are in and easy. You got head to head of the three 1 loss teams. Easy. Done. 

I already made a thread about this (but it got deleted because there are so many shell-shook pussies on this board).  Texas WILL be in the playoff.  It will be made official tomorrow at noon.  Bama beating Georgia sealed that outcome for us.  Let me spell it out for you.

The committee has continuously communicated with their weekly rankings that they value the Texas head-to-head win over Bama, and the committee specifically reiterated the importance of head-to-head THIS WEEK.  They’ve been very consistent in keeping Texas ranked ahead of Bama ALL season.  There’s no reason at all to assume that the committee will change up now.  Most of the talking heads have Texas at #3 right now and believe that the #4 spot is a battle between Bama and FSU.  We are fucking good this year.  The national media and public perception of Texas has finally realized it (granted, the Oregon and Georgia losses helped with this--resulting in less total cock for the media to gobble).  

The bottom line is, we are going to the playoff.  The only real question at this point is whether we'll be playing Michigan in the Rose Bowl or Washington in the Sugar Bowl.  I don't know who the committee will pick between FSU and Bama and frankly I don't care.  I think it'd be LOLhilarious if the SEC missed out on the playoff in the final year of the 4-team format (which is a very real possibility). 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Texas at 3 and FSU at 4 would be weird if they’re going for the most deserving angle. Undefeated teams would technically be most deserving unless you want to also slide a bit of eye test in there. Then they might as well put bama at 4 because Plummer does not play for Washington, Texas, Michigan or Bama. 

The committee has made it a point to express two things this week:

1. head to head matters 

2. deserves got nothing to do with it 

It seems they’ve anticipated this scenario and will take Texas at 3 and Bama over FSU at 4. I honestly doubt this is even an all-nighter type debate. They saw this coming. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Levi said:

Texas at 3 and FSU at 4 would be weird if they’re going for the most deserving angle. Undefeated teams would technically be most deserving unless you want to also slide a bit of eye test in there. Then they might as well put bama at 4 because Plummer does not play for Washington, Texas, Michigan or Bama. 

I think Texas is the 3rd team in, but we could still be the 4th seed.. if that makes sense.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TXpride said:

They can't put Bama in without us. I know some of you guys are still jaded from 08, but every talking head sees it that way. It's between FSU/Bama for the 4 spot.

Talking heads do not equal committee that put Oregon over us with no other metric other than eye test. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

If they put Alabama in and not us they are going to revert to the SEC is the best conference mantra.   They will say winning the best conference trumps the head to head.  Thats the only semblance of an argument they can make.  It will be strange, but that's what they will say.  

The SEC is not even the best conference based on OOC schedule

The dumbest predictions in this thread or Twitter are ones that have FSU as 3 seed. If the committee puts them in (and I suspect they will but who knows) they sure as shit aren't going to give Michigan a tough game as a reward for being 1 seed while gifting WSU a virtual bye. FSU will be 4 seed or not in.

15 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

this woman has been on radio shows (XM) and podcasts saying UT would be left out if Bama beat UGA.. said she doesn't care what happened in September when a first year starter in his 2nd game lost and the committee will feel the same.  She even said that if FSU lost, UGA would be the 4 seed over UT

Money’s already set for this year.

and if you think anything that happens this year will make a difference on decisions to spend money in the future with 12 teams, I’ve got some oceanfront property near the Grand Canyon I’d like to show you 

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

If they put Alabama in and not us they are going to revert to the SEC is the best conference mantra.   They will say winning the best conference trumps the head to head.  Thats the only semblance of an argument they can make.  It will be strange, but that's what they will say.  

They'd tack on Sep v Dec too.

17 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

this woman has been on radio shows (XM) and podcasts saying UT would be left out if Bama beat UGA.. said she doesn't care what happened in September when a first year starter in his 2nd game lost and the committee will feel the same.  She even said that if FSU lost, UGA would be the 4 seed over UT

You either a.) haven’t listened very well or b.) do not understand what “fluid” means

She tweeted a few hours ago how she wouldn’t mind seeing a Texas-Alabama NC CFP game. She gets her tidbits from the committee. I’m not saying she’s telling us what the committee is saying but she’s right more often that she’s wrong 

Relax.

1. Seven win Steve has 12 so far this year

2. The dark times that started with the Bama game in 09 ended with the Bama game this year

3. We are in the CFP based on HTH over the SEC champs

4. Our QB just threw for 50 more yards while I was typing this

5. Our defense scored more on offense today than Louisville did total

6. We are that team no one wants in the first round

7. We are in the CFP based on HTH over the SEC champ.

I said it twice. relax, sleep well, and check out the final seeding tomorrow at lunch.

• Hook 'Em 4

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]