Week 12, 2023; Texas Tech at Texas

Wulaw Horn

On 11/22/2023 at 5:02 PM, TreatyOak said:

A bad omen: In New York City. Was on 57th Street today when a swagged-up gaggle of Tech fans passed me. I gave one of them, a very pretty woman, the Hook ‘ Em. She sweetly smiled and gave me the Guns Up right back. She kinda owned me. 

Sounds like an innocent interaction but you may want to get an STD screen just in case.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

My son graduated from Angelo State over a year ago, in their Nursing program, which became a part of the TCEH umbrella system while there. He told me he should move to Lubbock for a job and enroll in their NP Program. I just told him if you think it’s best for you being a “sand aggy” knock yourself out, but don’t bring that TCEH mantra to the house! He’s a Longhorn fan/descendant, so he knew exactly what I was saying.

Hook’em!!!

45 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

My son graduated from Angelo State over a year ago, in their Nursing program, which became a part of the TCEH umbrella system while there. He told me he should move to Lubbock for a job and enroll in their NP Program. I just told him if you think it’s best for you being a “sand aggy” knock yourself out, but don’t bring that TCEH mantra to the house! He’s a Longhorn fan/descendant, so he knew exactly what I was saying.

Hook’em!!!

@GreenspointTexas is your son? Checks out tbh.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Last tech injury report said the following for the Texas game:

Expected Back

• S Tyler Owens 
  • WR Myles Price (good possession WR and returner)
  • LB Bryce Ramirez

Doubtful

• OL Cole Spencer
  • S Dadrion Taylor-Demerson
  • DT Jaylon Hutchings may try to go 

Gametime Decision

LB Steve Linton

Out for this game

LB Jacob Rodriguez (redshirt)

Link?

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

NOW we know it’s Mar and crew per IT. You typically don’t know crews until the day of, and, well, here we are

Tired Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX

Yep.  I heard this late last week.  Was hoping it was the person I heard it from was just fucking with us but nope.  Happy Thanksgiving from Yormark.   As I posted in the Big 12 refs thread earlier this week, maybe the Big 12 tiebreaker scenario is such a cluster if Texas loses that the Big 12 will reign Mar in.  One can hope.

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Here’s hoping the team isn’t as pessimistic and defeatist about Kevin Mar as the message board posters 

I have no doubt the team is well aware they will get no calls.  It won't be different from any other week.   Fuck em.  Leave no doubt.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/22/2023 at 11:45 PM, BarthHollamew said:

Watching this, it’s crazy how much football has changed in our lifetimes (speaking for those 45 and older).  Fullbacks, no penalties on the Brackens hit or the hit on James Brown after he was already on this ground, no concussion protocol for the Tech kicker, they just pat him on the shoulder and let him stand woozy on the sideline, straight 4-3 defenses, seven step drops, huge shoulder pads and neck rolls, etc.  That said, James Brown and Ricky were a joy to watch. I always thought Ricky looked better as #11.  ‘95 & ‘96 were so fun.  ‘97 sucked.  Obviously ‘98 was pretty great. 

i remain convinced the veer option and triple option should be in the book and regularly practiced

both are very simple to run and a defense without 8 in the box is giving 5 yards if not more until they adjust

Tech fan checking in. 

I have zero hope. None. Nada. Zip. 

I fear it’s going to be a bloodbath like that game in the late 90’s where you destroyed our kicker on the fake FG. 

I had so much hope for this season, but alas, we’re not nearly as good as we thought we would be. Luckily for me I have to attend a wedding tonight and miss the shitshow. 

Edited by Uncle Nate
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic