2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

7 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Question for anyone who would know:

Is Nansen, or any other coached announced by the team under contract immediately? Is there some quick opt-out provision or something? I thought the Board of Regents had to vote on approving coaching contracts, or is that merely a formality?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

I think they usually sign a memorandum of understanding so that the coach can start working while the contract details are worked out and approved by the BOR. IIRC that's why A&M announced Adazzio getting an extension in like October of this past year when his previous contract had expired 10 months before. They had a MOU in place in between.

My understanding is Nansen is already under contract and the buyout for him to leave Texas is ~500K. That is what the Arizona side was saying during the HC buzz anyway. 

There’s no way that a coach would agree to, nor would UT require, a buyout for a Head Coaching position move by a co-Coordinator/Position coach.

OK…maybe “no way” is a reach….so I’ll say highly doubtful

Saw this posted on Reddit - Nansen would be an idiot to go back to Arizona in any capacity

• Fisch asked for a new contract multiple times in December and Arizona kept dragging their feet

• Nansen was lost to Texas because the Arizona BOR wouldn't hold a special meeting to give Nansen a new contract

• The Arizona AD finally presented Fisch with an MOU, but said it couldn't be signed by either party until the Arizona BOR approved it and they weren't willing to hold a special meeting to approve it and so Fisch would have to wait until Feburary to find out if the contract offer made by the AD was an offer that the AD could really stand by.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

9 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Question for anyone who would know:

Is Nansen, or any other coached announced by the team under contract immediately? Is there some quick opt-out provision or something? I thought the Board of Regents had to vote on approving coaching contracts, or is that merely a formality?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Didn’t Billy Gillispie work for over a year without signing a contract. 

7 minutes ago, Daichee Bell said:

Only if we can get Dale too.

IMG_5639.gif

This was on one of the channels I was scrolling through the other day. I hadn't seen it in awhile. While I find damned near any scene to be hilarious, that scene at the restaurant where they play the video and the aftermath when they're driving home, holy shit. It's still awesome.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

This was on one of the channels I was scrolling through the other day. I hadn't seen it in awhile. While I find damned near any scene to be hilarious, that scene at the restaurant where they play the video and the aftermath when they're driving home, holy shit. It's still awesome.

Don't let @blacklab catch you putting movie reviews in the 2024 recruiting roundup.

Also, in 2039 - on the 100th anniversary of Aggy's only natty - people will be in the 2040 recruiting thread bitching about Will Ferrell movies from the early 2000s, and saying how unfunny they are and how they couldn't find anything at all funny about Anchorman, Talladega Nights, Stepbrothers, or Old School.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, horny_gunman said:

From FootballScoop on Paul Chryst:

Chryst has been instrumental in the acclamation of Texas backup quarterback Arch Manning. "They're close," Cooper Manning said of his son's relationship with Chryst last month.

"acclamation"

• Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, horny_gunman said:

Chryst has been instrumental in the acclamation of Texas backup quarterback Arch Manning. "They're close," Cooper Manning said of his son's relationship with Chryst last month.

acclimation vs acclamation

One later makes a big difference there.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

No idea if this guy knows anything.  But if he's hiring Akina as the DC - lord help him.

Honest question based on this, Nansen and a few coaches at other schools...do they not sign contracts?  I don't understand how you're allowed to accept a job and one school and then turn around and take a job at another school a few days, or weeks later.

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Honest question based on this, Nansen and a few coaches at other schools...do they not sign contracts?  I don't understand how you're allowed to accept a job and one school and then turn around and take a job at another school a few days, or weeks later.

Have you ever heard of an analyst with a buyout?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

We did the same with Tashard Choice and USC.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Have you followed football, or sports in general over the past, say, 40 years? Off the top of my head, you can ask guys like Bill Belichick, Todd Graham, Kliff Kingsbury, Jerry Gray (I think), Tashard Choice, Chris Beard, etc. It happens. The simplest answer is you resign. These men are not chattel. They are free to move. Belichick did it on a napkin…which sounds like a euphemism for something much dirtier. 

1 hour ago, horny_gunman said:

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

"acclamation"

licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuUTnvskbjwPP

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

No idea if this guy knows anything.  But if he's hiring Akina as the DC - lord help him.

Akina was only ever a DC from 05-07 at Texas (non play calling IIRC)

Brennan is a smart guy, no way that happens.

edit: sounds like it's just A job, not DC

Edited by NoName

1 hour ago, jeevsie said:

Darn.  I wanted a coaching search to include Brent Brennan, Brennan Marion, and Marion Ross.

I'll never root for a school that can't find a spot for Opie Cunngham's mom.

Glad Nansen isn't leaving Jerry Gray-style.