2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

On 1/25/2024 at 8:14 PM, Hookem2147 said:

DL is the hardest position to collect blue chips at.

I do recall people being pretty excited about his 2022 class of Ross, Bledsoe and Bryant. Ross and Bledsoe were top 100 players in the country according to On3. Obviously didn’t work out. I thought his class this year of January, Hills and Robinson was good too.

But yes, he never really made it rain with all these high profile guys that come out of Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana and Florida. My suspicion is that has more to do with built in disadvantages then Davis’ ability.

I agree, blue chip DL are a limited supply and most of his recruits you listed align with my statement that Davis has an eye for developmental prospects -- a very valuable trait to have. Hoping Baker has it too. Bledsoe is a tricky one. If he can put on enough good weight he could be great. I like January and Hill as well. Really hoping we can hold on to Brandon Brown too.

Edited by sith_horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

since Jimmy Lake has been mentioned on this thread:

Hopefully Zac is smart enough to figure out he's got a nuclear weapon named Bijan and gets him the fucking ball.

Is that the same dude that played qb at okie lite?

On 1/28/2024 at 12:03 PM, utexas8 said:

36b5eaaa1980b5122ca08308924ba85f.jpg

Should’ve got this baker.

Pretty obscure show for this group.  Lots of hot chicks though

46 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

since Jimmy Lake has been mentioned on this thread:

Hopefully Zac is smart enough to figure out he's got a nuclear weapon named Bijan and gets him the fucking ball.

I didn’t know Jimmy Lake was African american

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

Him being named the starter prompted the article about the other qb that prompted the I'm a Man, I'm 40 rant.

I thought it was all because his mom was feeding him chicken fingers

17 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Does anyone find it strange that Sark is still leading the charge on defensive hires? Shouldn't PK be doing that?

The head coach should be making all staff hires. Input from coordinators is fine, but outsourcing hiring decisions to them shouldn't be happening.

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The head coach should be making all staff hires. Input from coordinators is fine, but outsourcing hiring decisions to them shouldn't be happening.

It's stupid season

39 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Do you want Flood making the offensive hires? Want @closetojumping to go on a rant about his Rutgers staff?

Dude, you're thinking of Chris Ash. I don't remember much about Flood's time at Rutgers. Ash's first staff in 2016 is one of the all-time worst P5 staffs, ever. Go look it up. You have Drew Mehringer as the OC, for starters. I think some of the position coaches are and have been out of football. Most lack wikipedia pages and are not guys that any of us can credibly claim to know well. Just complete trash. 

The fact that Mehringer is celebrated in Oregon is proof that a properly weaponized NIL machine can make anyone look really good, for awhile at least. Worth noting for future thought.

Edited by closetojumping
Atticus can lick my hairy beanbag.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Dude, you're thinking of Chris Ash. I don't remember much about Flood's time at Rutgers. Ash's first staff in 2016 is one of the all-time worst P5 staffs, ever. Go look it up. You have Drew Mehringer as the OC, for starters. I think some of the position coaches are and have been out of football. Most lack wikipedia pages and are not guys that any of us can credibly claim to know well. Just complete trash. 

The fact that Mehringer is celebrated in Oregon is proof that a properly weaponized NIL machine can make anyone look really good, for awhile at least. Worth nothing for future thought.

1. You are correct, definitely was thinking of Chris Ash

2. Demean 2019 Recruiter of the Year, Drew Mehringer, at your own peril sir

• Haha 3