Florida State can fuck off

BigOrange1

3 hours ago, GenXer said:

I’m not irritated with the committee and their criteria. It’s subjective. FSU got hosed. All they can do is win their games, and they did. Including a win against LSU.

What’s irritating me is Finebaum. His argument is FSU lost their QB so that should exclude them from the playoff. History has shown a team can win it all with a 3rd stringer. I’d like for the talking heads to at least mention this as an argument against his weak point.

You can bet if Bama won with a backup or 3rd string QB the same rules would suddenly not apply

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

If they looked like hammered dogshit while doing it they would.  

Who are you kidding with this and why? An undefeated Bama with a backup QB absolutely gets in over a 1-loss ACC champ FSU with a Heisman winning QB. The SEC is the best conference in college football. Some years, other conferences may have a slight edge due to experienced QB play, but recruiting rankings and the NFL draft and national championships tell the story. It sucks for the rest of college football, but the SEC has earned the benefit of the doubt.

I'm so sick of this "controversy."  Anyone who knows anything about College Football knows that anything involving bowl selection and playoffs is a rigged beauty contest at best.  The Miss Universe pageant is a more objective process than bowl selection is.  The ACC games the system every chance they get.   Did you see the non-calls that were happening during the ACC Championship Game?  8 team conference schedules.  Mid-season FCS games.  You name it, they know the game and they play it just the same as Texas and OU play it.  It's so fucking insincere.  

23 hours ago, ousux said:

I feel bad for Nole players, they did everything they could possibly do. This was just a crazy season and some program was going to be pissed off no matter what. This is why they're going to 12, and hindsight shows it should have always been 12. (Or at least 8 which was my choice)

They could have recruited or portaled a QB who could throw more than 60 yards.  If they had a Spencer Sanders or Max Johnson as a backup, they score a reasonable amount of points and blowout Florida and Louisville.  Then they are in.

But both backups they trotted out were not even average.  In fact, they were so terrible every one who watched knew that had no hope of competing.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

The ACC games the system every chance they get.   Did you see the non-calls that were happening during the ACC Championship Game?  8 team conference schedules.  Mid-season FCS games.  You name it, they know the game and they play it just the same as Texas and OU play it.  It's so fucking insincere.  

IMG_8585.gif.95b2d2ee1b1613c4a4e655976b3c9e5f.gif

Edited by thunderlounge

I get no thrill out of seeing the CFP committee fuck over FSU. I think it's pretty big bullshit. I also don't think it was Texas that fucked them over. It was between them and Bama. FSU was the correct choice. Seeing the committee act like dipshits towards another school just makes me remember how often they are dipshits towards texas, and how many chances they'll have to be dipshits in the future as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, redswingline said:

The regular season matters in every sport there is and a playoff, or quasi-playoff, does not change that fact.

The regular season absolutely does NOT matter in NFL football, lol. Teams with losing records have made the playoffs thrice since 2010. It'll be an absolute travesty if that's what college football becomes.

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, satyanash said:

The regular season absolutely does NOT matter in NFL football, lol. Teams with losing records have made the playoffs thrice since 2010. It'll be an absolute travesty if that's what college football becomes.

I, for one, eagerly anticipate you moving on from hand wringing solely about Texas and expanding your repertoire in a thread titled "College Football Sucks and Everyone Dies Alone and Probably on Fire."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, satyanash said:

The NFL playoffs include 44% (14/32) of all teams. The expanded CFPs will include 9% (12/134*) of all teams. If they stay at 12 invites, I don't see a chance of that ever occurring at the collegiate level.

*Kennesaw State jumps up to FBS next year.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

IMG_8585.gif.95b2d2ee1b1613c4a4e655976b3c9e5f.gif

Who else are we going to schedule on short notice in the SEC when we get our 4th non-conference game scheduled intentionally during the last half of the season?  It won't be Notre Dame or Ohio State.  It won't even be Texas Tech.

20 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

Who else are we going to schedule on short notice in the SEC when we get our 4th non-conference game scheduled intentionally during the last half of the season?  It won't be Notre Dame or Ohio State.  It won't even be Texas Tech.

Or FCS.

Next year is a freak year, obviously, however it won't be an FCS.

For the record:

• 08/31 - Colorado State.
  • 09/07 - at Michigan.
  • 09/14 - UTSA.
  • 09/21 - ULM.

See any FCS, or are you the reincarnation of Ray Charles?

Wanna go another round, or are you back to your corner with Elias?

2BW0Hv.gif.5f30351ff2c2767ad0abce2dee6dad33.gif

I hope FSU comes out firing in the Orange Bowl and beats Georgia. They have a good HC. And they will be a force next year. And will likely make the playoffs. I say this to say, if I were an FSU fan I’d be fucking pissed though I do understand what the “committee” was doing/or their reasoning. But honestly, it comes down to not having the balls to leave an SEC team out. They’d NEVER EVER DO THAT!  I feel badly for them and if that had happened to us (it wouldn’t and didn’t) I’d want us to come out next year on a revenge tour. Just curb stomp the shit out of everyone on our schedule. 🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

That's okay.  I'm cool to just accept your neurodivergence for what it is and move on.   

Tale the loss, pussy. It ain’t no thing. 

You put up a shit take, were refuted by our own  schedule, and can’t handle it without trying to be snarky. 

Show me the FCS cupcake, or take the loss. Plain and simple.

Again, not speaking for OU, they suck. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, locodos said:

Yup Bowden has been gone but the easier schedule remains.  They locked in what they thought would be a long term strategic advantage and that candy assed decision is proving very costly.   Sorry but it's fucking hilarious.

Not as hilarious as Miami who did the same thing and has never even won the ACC. Ever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Droopy said:

lol.
Sorry you got irritated, but that OSU team would destroy that FSU team. This FSU team had a great season and went undefeated but they left the choice up to a committee instead of taking control of their own destiny. “Win and we’re in” signs were bullshit and the people that made them, that took them to the games, and displayed them during the games, knew that. They wanted it to be true but it just wasn’t. Is that fair? No, it wasn’t. Are these the best 4 teams? Probably. Will this get eyeballs to the TVs? 100%

Esta. 

“…lost at the wrong time.”

Ive heard this same phrase used when Texas was trying to get back in the game or with several other left out teams, and now the shoes on the other foot. Yeah, it sucks. We absolutely get it. 

It doesn’t even make sense. If UGA had one regular season loss against Alabama and then won the SEC (presumably against Bama) then of course they would be in. 

14 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Tale the loss, pussy. It ain’t no thing. 

You put up a shit take, were refuted by our own  schedule, and can’t handle it without trying to be snarky. 

Show me the FCS cupcake, or take the loss. Plain and simple.

Again, not speaking for OU, they suck. 

I never said Texas would schedule an FCS school.  You zeroed in on the point I was trying to make about FSU playing North Alabama in November and twisted it.  The sad thing is that I think you probably agree with my original premise, yet you zeroed in on one phrase--like an lonely aggy spotting a cute sheep caught in a fence--and you accuse me of being "snarky".  It's a straw man; you're arguing against yourself.   You win, now go ahead and eat the cracker. 

3 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

I feel bad for FSU but the most important consideration here is that no one who watched Florida State play Florida and/or Louisville thought “this is one of the best teams in the country, I want to see the star of this clinic on bad offense play Michigan’s #1 defense now”.

yes, including all the talking heads who are up in arms over the "travesty"

Nope…want Free Shoes U to get hammered by Georgia.  Too many writers will give them the UCF treatment otherwise. 

besides I’ll never get that time back in my life from watching that abortion of a championship game.
I want a refund in some manner for that game. One of the worst football games I've seen at any level. The QBs combined for like 130 yards passing.
  • Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

I never said Texas would schedule an FCS school.  You zeroed in on the point I was trying to make about FSU playing North Alabama in November and twisted it.  The sad thing is that I think you probably agree with my original premise, yet you zeroed in on one phrase--like an lonely aggy spotting a cute sheep caught in a fence--and you accuse me of being "snarky".  It's a straw man; you're arguing against yourself.   You win, now go ahead and eat the cracker. 

Fuck off with trying to make your backhanded slights about people with disabilities. You're fucking sick. No, I'm sorry, let me put it in a way you may understand: "I'm sorry you have a fornicating mental disability."

Now, did you or did you not say the following (bolded emphasis mine):

8 team conference schedules.  Mid-season FCS games.  You name it, they know the game and they play it just the same as Texas and OU play it.  It's so fucking insincere.  

You start by referring to the ACC/FSU, sure. Then look right there. "They know the game" (referencing the ACC), and "they play it just the same as Texas and ou play it."

Unless I woke up in Russia this morning, and I didn't, you directly point to Texas and ou doing the same thing.

So try to bork your way out of it like the Swedish Chef and crawfish all you want. Not happening.

TL/DR Comparing 2014 OSU to 2023 FSU in attempt to justify FSU in the playoffs is ludicrous and anyone doing so should stop, or go turn in their degree. 

In 2014, Wisc gave up 20 ppg. Ohio State put up 59 points. 

Wisc gave up 283 total ypg, OSU had 558 total yards on 56 plays (over 10 yards per play). 

Wisc gave up 164 passing ypg. Cardale Jones had 257 yards on 12/17 passing (15.1 avg) with 3 TDs.  

Wisc gave up 119 rushing ypg. OSU had 301 on 38 carries (7.9 avg) and added 4 TDs. 

OSU had 39 more points, 228 more total yards, 93 more passing yards and 182 more rushing yards than the average Wisc opponent.  

Now FSU

FL gives up 27.6 ppg. FSU put up 24 points.

FL gives up 382 total ypg. FSU had 224 total yards on 57 plays (3.9 yards per play). 

FL gives up 227 passing ypg. Rodemaker had 134 yards on 12/25 passing (5.2 avg), Glenn had 0 yards on 0/1 passing (0 avg). 

FL gives up 156 rushing ypg. FSU had 90 yards on 31 carries (2.9 avg).

FSU had 3.6 fewer points, 158 fewer total yards, 93 fewer passing yards, and 66 fewer rushing yards than the average Florida opponent.  

Louisville gives up 19.7 ppg. FSU put up 16.

Louisville gives up 307 total ypg. FSU had 219 total yards on 65 plays (3.4 yards per play). 

Louisville gives up 205 passing ypg. Glenn was 8/21 passing for 55 yards (2.6 avg).

Louisville gives up 102 rushing ypg. FSU ran 44 times for 164 yards(3.7 avg). 

FSU had 88 fewer total yards, 150 fewer passing yards, 62 more yards rushing (but avg only 3.7/carry) and 3.7 fewer points. 

Now a combined comparison.

In the last two games, FSU has scored a combined 40 points vs. Ohio State's 59 points in one game. 

FSU put up 443 yards combined in two games, versus OSU's 558 yards in one game. 

Rodemaker and Glenn have combined to go 20/47 for 189 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT vs Cardale Jones' 12/17 for 257 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT in one game. 

FSU rushed for a total of 254 yards combined both game vs. Ohio State's 301 yards in one game. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 6

34 minutes ago, Pods said:

TL/DR Comparing 2014 OSU to 2023 FSU in attempt to justify FSU in the playoffs is ludicrous and anyone doing so should stop, or go turn in their degree. 

In 2014, Wisc gave up 20 ppg. Ohio State put up 59 points. 

Wisc gave up 283 total ypg, OSU had 558 total yards on 56 plays (over 10 yards per play). 

Wisc gave up 164 passing ypg. Cardale Jones had 257 yards on 12/17 passing (15.1 avg) with 3 TDs.  

Wisc gave up 119 rushing ypg. OSU had 301 on 38 carries (7.9 avg) and added 4 TDs. 

OSU had 39 more points, 228 more total yards, 93 more passing yards and 182 more rushing yards than the average Wisc opponent.  

Now FSU

FL gives up 27.6 ppg. FSU put up 24 points.

FL gives up 382 total ypg. FSU had 224 total yards on 57 plays (3.9 yards per play). 

FL gives up 227 passing ypg. Rodemaker had 134 yards on 12/25 passing (5.2 avg), Glenn had 0 yards on 0/1 passing (0 avg). 

FL gives up 156 rushing ypg. FSU had 90 yards on 31 carries (2.9 avg).

FSU had 3.6 fewer points, 158 fewer total yards, 93 fewer passing yards, and 66 fewer rushing yards than the average Florida opponent.  

Louisville gives up 19.7 ppg. FSU put up 16.

Louisville gives up 307 total ypg. FSU had 219 total yards on 65 plays (3.4 yards per play). 

Louisville gives up 205 passing ypg. Glenn was 8/21 passing for 55 yards (2.6 avg).

Louisville gives up 102 rushing ypg. FSU ran 44 times for 164 yards(3.7 avg). 

FSU had 88 fewer total yards, 150 fewer passing yards, 62 more yards rushing (but avg only 3.7/carry) and 3.7 fewer points. 

Now a combined comparison.

In the last two games, FSU has scored a combined 40 points vs. Ohio State's 59 points in one game. 

FSU put up 443 yards combined in two games, versus OSU's 558 yards in one game. 

Rodemaker and Glenn have combined to go 20/47 for 189 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT vs Cardale Jones' 12/17 for 257 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT in one game. 

FSU rushed for a total of 254 yards combined both game vs. Ohio State's 301 yards in one game. 

This. 2014 Ohio State team  also had Zeke Elliott on a heater/diet.

Florida State is getting a lifetime of sympathy. They even got a segment on Bret Baier with Bret interviewing Jim Gray (yes he’s still alive). Gray went with the laziest of lazy takes. “The system is broken and it failed the kids.”

Other than TexAgs, the only other major outlet saying Texas shouldn’t have gotten in was that chode Stewart Mandel. I’d say most of the national ire is directed at Bama. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 3

You start by referring to the ACC/FSU, sure. Then look right there. "They know the game" (referencing the ACC), and "they play it just the same as Texas and ou play it."
Unless I woke up in Russia this morning, and I didn't, you directly point to Texas and ou doing the same thing.

So try to bork your way out of it like the Swedish Chef and crawfish all you want. Not happening.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, bejezuz said:

UT-RGV?

If I'd gone to FSU, I'd be really pissed.  But I didn't, so they need to get the fuck over it and move on.   Plus, one of the most obnoxious, insufferable football fan/ humans I've ever known is a trust fund baby who went to FSU.  He's a cunt, so fuck 'em.

Better luck next year. 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I'd gone to FSU, I'd be really pissed.  But I didn't, so they need to get the fuck over it and move on.   Plus, one of the most obnoxious, insufferable football fan/ humans I've ever known is a trust fund baby who went to FSU.  He's a cunt, so fuck 'em.
Better luck next year. 

Good enough for me

Should probably ban them next year

24 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Danny Kanell, who’s 50, sarcastically saying on Twitter since Trevor Lawrence left game with ankle injury that Jacksonville should be disqualified from playoffs

This guy is going to pout for months. Especially since we all knew they’d get destroyed

Danny's always been a piss baby.

25 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Danny Kanell, who’s 50, sarcastically saying on Twitter since Trevor Lawrence left game with ankle injury that Jacksonville should be disqualified from playoffs

This guy is going to pout for months. Especially since we all knew they’d get destroyed

This actually makes me feel better about FSU missing out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/4/2023 at 8:35 AM, Buzzrock said:

Fuck FSU. Their bitchasses tried to blow up the ACC over the summer for money after years of doing jack and shit. I hope both teams lose the Orange Bowl.

Btw I’m already hearing from Georgia fans that they “don’t want to be there” emoji23.png

Mutthurt indeed.

I've seen some FSU fans publicly saying they should be playing in the CFP and that Georgia is beneath them and consolation games mean nothing.

I would love for Georgia to pick up on that and just dump 50 points on them.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/4/2023 at 6:58 AM, Pam Cummings said:

The CFB subreddit is melting all the way down. Such pussies.

They'll really be melting down if Georgia thrashes FSU.

On 12/4/2023 at 8:00 AM, Nivek said:

What you believe shouldn’t matter. They went undefeated and had a decent OOC schedule. They should be in over Alabama.

If Georgia had beaten Alabama, I think there was a shot that FSU gets in - I don't think the CFP committee would resist having 4 unbeaten P5 conference champs.

Unfortunately for FSU and fortunately for us, Alabama won, and you can't get Alabama in without UT.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

They'll really be melting down if Georgia thrashes FSU.

If Georgia had beaten Alabama, I think there was a shot that FSU gets in - I don't think the CFP committee would resist having 4 unbeaten P5 conference champs.

Unfortunately for FSU and fortunately for us, Alabama won, and you can't get Alabama in without UT.

There's so many posts saying "i'm done watching this sport, my beliefs have been shattered, the games dont matter". 

Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

People will huff and puff but they aint ever blowing that house down.

• Haha 2