2024 NFL Playoffs - Wild Card Weekend

TrashMaster G

I just don't see how that game can be played in Buffalo. The nearest dome would be in Toronto, but it's too late to get it ready for football. What a mess. They should at least move it up to noon, even if you end up with overlapping broadcasts. Not ideal, but this storm seems nasty af.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, so over it, lol. Allen was downgraded for calling tripping on the wrong fucking team, not because he failed to help aggy Dan execute a stupid trick play. And maybe talk to a Cowboys fan every once in a while, we hate Fat Mike and his clock management, but at least he’s not a little bitch blaming the refs for his own fuck ups.

image.jpeg.3f740457794ce07baaa5314b7bfa5c0d.jpeg

Yeah Dan Campbell's a little bitch, it would be hilarious to see you tell him that and watch him knock your teeth down your throat, internet tough guy.  You obviously don't know jack shit about the guy, do some homework.  He's out there every training camp doing up downs with his players while Fat Mike is eating cheeseburgers.  And you call him a meathead, do you have any idea of the shitshow he walked into in Detroit three years ago after Matt Patricia wrecked the roster and the salary cap?  To get them to 11-5 in three years is Herculean.

And I've lived in Austin for nearly 40 years so I know plenty of Cowboys fans, good ones and complete douches too. 

Go Lions!

• Hook 'Em 2

I just don't see how that game can be played in Buffalo. The nearest dome would be in Toronto, but it's too late to get it ready for football. What a mess. They should at least move it up to noon, even if you end up with overlapping broadcasts. Not ideal, but this storm seems nasty af.

They are at noon.

Or do you mean noon Saturday?

9 minutes ago, Minute Bull said:

Yeah Dan Campbell's a little bitch, it would be hilarious to see you tell him that and watch him knock your teeth down your throat, internet tough guy.  You obviously don't know jack shit about the guy, do some homework.  He's out there every training camp doing up downs with his players while Fat Mike is eating cheeseburgers.  And you call him a meathead, do you have any idea of the shitshow he walked into in Detroit three years ago after Matt Patricia wrecked the roster and the salary cap?  To get them to 11-5 in three years is Herculean.

And I've lived in Austin for nearly 40 years so I know plenty of Cowboys fans, good ones and complete douches too. 

Go Lions!

Lol, that's not how sports works. He's a whiny little bitch, the fans spamming every post about the fake "controversy" are worse. I always sort of liked Detroit, Barry Sanders and all, and still love Malcolm Rodriguez, but man, whiny bitch ass coach over a refs failure to help him with a trick play. Billboards claiming a win. Funny to blame Matt Patricia, the franchise has sucked the entirety of its existence. Couldn't accomplish shit with the best running back of all time. Lol at up downs with the team, what a manly man. My thoughts on Fat Mike are in the Cowboys thread, you ain't hurting me with those insults. 

Edited by 'stache

14 minutes ago, Minute Bull said:

Go Lions!

So he's Shaka Smart(also a bitch, BTW)....good to know.

2 hours ago, Minute Bull said:

Who's crying?  not me, not Dan Campbell.  I do note that ref Brad Allen has mysteriously not been assigned a playoff game to referee, hmmm.

Like Campbell said after the Lions-Cowboys game, "see you again in a couple weeks."  I pray both teams win this weekend so "meathead" Campbell can match wits with noted genius game manager Mike McCarthy.  You know, the guy who had a chance to leave the Lions with no time on the clock but decided to leave them plenty of time to march down and score the winning (oops, almost winning) touchdown.

Buffalo is offering anyone who shows up at the stadium $20/hour to shovel snow tonight.

44 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

So he's Shaka Smart(also a bitch, BTW)....good to know.

Yeah, Dan Campbell is just like Shaka Smart.  Campbell's about to be one of the finalists for NFL coach of the year, and might win it.  Every coach he's worked under, and every coach who's worked under him, says he's brilliant.  But you guys know better, he's a meathead idiot.  Awesome hot take.

Please, please universe, give the Lions another shot at the Cowboys this year.  I want to see Dan Campbell and friends wipe that leering grin off huckster Jerrah Jones' withered fucking face, and then watch him fire Fat Mike's ass while he watches Dan Quinn head out the door too.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

aint nobody got time for super bowl, CFP, Final Four, etc in fucking Buffalo.

maybe concert tours but they should take the savings and build a 14,000 seat arena for concerts.

There’s already a 19,000 seat arena in downtown Buffalo

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Minute Bull said:

Yeah, Dan Campbell is just like Shaka Smart.  Campbell's about to be one of the finalists for NFL coach of the year, and might win it.  Every coach he's worked under, and every coach who's worked under him, says he's brilliant.  But you guys know better, he's a meathead idiot.  Awesome hot take.

Please, please universe, give the Lions another shot at the Cowboys this year.  I want to see Dan Campbell and friends wipe that leering grin off huckster Jerrah Jones' withered fucking face, and then watch him fire Fat Mike's ass while he watches Dan Quinn head out the door too.

so he's aggy up downs dan.  nice sneaky 3 card monty play dan.  bitch gonna bitch.

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Vikings haven’t been to a SB since going indoors. 

While this is true, a little context is needed.  Vikings last (of 4) SB losses was in 1977.  For reference, the BeeGees were relevant.  Jimmy Carter was president.  1977 is closer to Pearl Harbor attack than it is to today.  The Vikings final game in Met Stadium occurred on Dec 20, 1980.  The high that day was 33.  The low was -3.  And they got 0.5 inches of snow.  That is objectively fucking miserable.

They moved to the Metrodome in 1981 and have been indoors ever since.

Their mediocrity since then has nothing to do with venue.  If nothing else, they saved many lives.

16 hours ago, Minute Bull said:

Brilliant people simplify the complex.  Dan complicates a simple shell game.  Not sure I believe you...

I don't really have a problem with him other than his complaining when his masterplan blew up, and THEN he compounded the missed opportunity by eliminating his team's chance to win, not once but twice.  That ain't brilliance either.  It's hard headed shit like a mule.  Bravo for being like a fence post, Dan.

Edited by slorch

While this is true, a little context is needed.  Vikings last (of 4) SB losses was in 1977.  For reference, the BeeGees were relevant.  Jimmy Carter was president.  1977 is closer to Pearl Harbor attack than it is to today.  The Vikings final game in Met Stadium occurred on Dec 20, 1980.  The high that day was 33.  The low was -3.  And they got 0.5 inches of snow.  That is objectively fucking miserable.
Their mediocrity since then has nothing to do with venue.  If nothing else, they saved many lives.

I was trying to enjoy wild card weekend with crazy weather and forget about my favorite team from the comforts of my couch.

Thanks for the reminder, dick

FYI 33 and -3 isn’t even close to miserable

3dc92df6bc6fd3a8b288ca09cb4b6871.jpg
The blizzard with -7 temps right now is miserable. The pic makes it look clearer than it actually is
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, boilerhorn said:

You can't prove that.

That sucks. I was going to be totally locked into that game for the insane conditions but I get it. Bills Mafia is dumb as hell and that could’ve been life-threatening weather for the fans.
And you got to love all the people watching on their couches in their warm houses call people pussies for not wanting to weather those conditions lol.

Good for the NFL. The actual game would suck, terrible conditions for fans and would be a nightmare getting to and from the stadium.

I'm off Monday so bring on Monday afternoon playoff football.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That sucks. I was going to be totally locked into that game for the insane conditions but I get it. Bills Mafia is dumb as hell and that could’ve been life-threatening weather for the fans.

The forecast for Monday isn’t any better. Still snow, but colder with slightly less wind. 

Edited by TonyTexas

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

No way the state / county / city could support a game in those conditions tomorrow

The state asked for it to be postponed. There’s a travel ban for Erie County bc of the wind and snow. I doubt even the players would be able to get to the stadium 

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

No way the state / county / city could support a game in those conditions tomorrow

Yup, if anyone died, it’d be a huge nightmare, considering that everyone else in the region is told to bunker down for safety. But is it really going to be any better on Monday? They really need to move the game to Detroit or Indianapolis. Or maybe the Carrier Dome to stay in state? But they need and decide now. The call should have been made yesterday or even the day before. It’s not like it was speculative, the storm was a certainty.

7 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

And yet it appears that you’re at the ballpark lol. Do you have a baseball game today or something?

Beer league softball titles are won in the offseason, when the rest of those pussies are sitting by a fire. 

fitlump.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4