2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

4 hours ago, tokamak said:

This has always boggled my mind. When working class whites say they support Trump because they feel like he'll blow up the system, I can at least see a certain kind of logic there. But for the reason you outline, I can't for the life of me understand wealthy conservatives backing Trump. My in-laws fall squarely into this category. There is no way that anyone could argue that life in America hasn't been very, very good to them for their entire adult lives. They have it better than probably 98% of people in the country, which means they have it better than probably 99.8% of people on Earth. They should want stability and status quo above all else. Yet not only do they support Trump, they're fucking PISSED at everyone and everything basically 24/7. I. Do. Not. Get it.

Brother?

I think they convince themselves that they worked hard for every penny they have and they didn't benefit from the system in any way. 

3 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

The smart move would probably be Tim Scott or Byron Donalds. I wouldn't be totally shocked if his advisers convince him to go that route, but with Cheeto the smart money is always on the stupidest move possible. That's why I'm sticking with my prediction of MTG for Veep. 

He knows his audience, it won’t be a black or brown person.

Noem sending more SD National Guard troops to the border is another sign she knows that she’s potentially on the ticket.

Edited by atomheartbevo

3 hours ago, chainsaw said:

I'm genuinely shocked that the uncharismatic loser DeSantis whom Trump was mocking for months is on his shortlist

It was pretty apparent to me that he just didn't care to get into his real feelings on the people horseface mentioned so he was like yeah, sure, they're all on the list, whatever. No reason to cause a fuss about it until he announces who it'll be. 

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Noem sending more SD National Guard troops to the border is another sign she knows that she’s potentially on the ticket.

Yup. The VP race is Noem vs. the field. 

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Nowm sending more SD National Guard troops to the border is another sign she knows that she’s potentially on the ticket.

Yeah I get that, but the Rs sure do love wheeling out their handful of token "ethnic" members to show how diverse and inclusive they are. They may accurately reason that the base, while racist as fuck, are so loyal to Cheeto that they won't lose a single vote if they go with a black VP. I think they'd perceive the inroads with blacks would more than make it worth it. Though they'd definitely be scared shitless about being responsible for a second black president if Dotard dies in office. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Physical fitness?  I get all the other bullet points.  I don’t agree but I get it.  But the physical fitness?  Trump?  Him?  I mean yeah, I guess he invented a new dance I’ve never seen before but otherwise the doesn’t have a physical bone in his body.  

Which makes it even more awesome for him to put out a high top sneaker.  Pretty sure this fat fuck even plays tennis in cheap oxfords.  The sim is crashing hard.  I'm kind of a fan.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I hope the Dems create ads out of that and blast it to every Latino-heavy population center in the country.

I'm not sure it would matter.  Most would think Trump is talking about some other brown folks he wants to deport.  Leopards Eating Face Party and all that...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

15 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I'm not sure it would matter.  Most would think Trump is talking about some other brown folks he wants to deport.  Leopards Eating Face Party and all that...

Yep. I need another election cycle to persuade me that the Latino vote, as a general demographic, isn’t getting sucked in by the MAGA tractor beam.

8 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I hope the Dems create ads out of that and blast it to every Latino-heavy population center in the country.

Not FL.  They’re indoctrinated.  I’ve seen 7-8 MAGA hats in the wild over the past year.  All Latino dudes in FL - assuming Cubans. 

16 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

hate to tell you . . . and I really do hate to say this, because I abhor this type of cynicism in politics . . . but this is not going to be a positive election

I don't hate it. You can fret about it Frodo, but the Shire has to be scoured. Hit them where it hurts. People have been calling Democrats pussies for not hitting back and NOW you're upset?

What if they started hitting back when it was Reagan making deals with Iran to not release the hostages? Atwater might have regretted it on his deathbed, but he knew how politics worked.

You aren't voting for someone you're voting against that other person. It's not going to get better. Wimpy indies wring hands and wonder why we can't get along.

Here's what the Republicans are FOR

AND letting Russia do whatever they want 

You expect them to sell that or any of the other laundry list from hell of what they do want?

They haven't run FOR anything in years. Oh I suppose you can point to the amorphous Support the Troops/Police/arbitrary authority figure here trope but it's as empty as any of the other appeals to the working class. So, because they can't run on the wildly unpopular shit that they do want their only other option is to gin up anger and campaign negatively. The Democrats tried taking the high road and pointing out all the good stuff. That's nice but Newt is over there slinging shit at you. You might want to return fire. 

You're pining for a world that doesn't exist.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

47 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I don't hate it. You can fret about it Frodo, but the Shire has to be scoured. Hit them where it hurts. People have been calling Democrats pussies for not hitting back and NOW you're upset?

What if they started hitting back when it was Reagan making deals with Iran to not release the hostages? Atwater might have regretted it on his deathbed, but he knew how politics worked.

You aren't voting for someone you're voting against that other person. It's not going to get better. Wimpy indies wring hands and wonder why we can't get along.

You expect them to sell that or any of the other laundry list from hell of what they do want?

They haven't run FOR anything in years. Oh I suppose you can point to the amorphous Support the Troops/Police/arbitrary authority figure here trope but it's as empty as any of the other appeals to the working class. So, because they can't run on the wildly unpopular shit that they do want their only other option is to gin up anger and campaign negatively. The Democrats tried taking the high road and pointing out all the good stuff. That's nice but Newt is over there slinging shit at you. You might want to return fire. 

I'm definitely FOR me not having sex with that woman.  So see--even in a negative environment, you can run a positive campaign.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

This really makes me want to take a shovel to the faces of my conservative relatives and friends. I get that feeling often these days. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Not FL.  They’re indoctrinated.  I’ve seen 7-8 MAGA hats in the wild over the past year.  All Latino dudes in FL - assuming Cubans. 

They found the illegal immigration loophole, got the "get out of jail" free card, and yet are against others claiming asylum. So, yeah, that tracks.

• Hook 'Em 2

Anything has to be better than the embarrassment these last three years have been. We’re the laughing stock of the world. Whoever is elected, hope they can bring some respect and law and order back to this country. If not, it’s going to be ugly. 

• Fuck You 4

4 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

Anything has to be better than the embarrassment these last three years have been. We’re the laughing stock of the world. Whoever is elected, hope they can bring some respect and law and order back to this country. If not, it’s going to be ugly. 

Oh really? Surely you've got some evidence to support this. 

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I don't understand how anyone, especially a woman could vote for the GOP. The GOP is getting closer to turning back the rights of women. Birth control, no fault divorces, even potentially the right for women to vote is or will be on the table.

The GOP officials have learned that some of their base often vote against their personal beliefs.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Birth control

goddam republicans

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

no fault divorces

fucking crazy idiots in that party

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

even potentially the right for women to vote

you know what, it'd be impolite not to listen to what they have to say.

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

Please tell me this is irony or you're doing a bit

Edited by texastough

What America needs is the party of law and order! ...wait, give them a minute, as soon as they wrap up this court proceeding, then they'll have a solid 90 minutes before the next one starts. That's when we gain back the respect for America!

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

The last 3 have been infinitely better than the 4 that preceded them.  And the only time the U.S. has been a "laughing stock" was when dotard was POTUS.  

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, 4th&Five said:

Those are polling results.  What has he done in your opinion that make him not a good president?

The examples are going to be the most Fox News-y talking points ever I bet. If he gives any. Maybe it’s just vibes 

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Those are polling results.  What has he done in your opinion that make him not a good president?

I understand we all have our own thoughts on the direction of this country. I don’t think there’s much I can say to make you see my side of things. But the polls do suggest that I’m not alone in how I feel. That’s all I’m trying to say. I spent the majority of my young adulthood in the military, so I tend to look at things from that perspective. I think our country is less safe and less secure than it has been in a long time.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 3

7 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

I understand we all have our own thoughts on the direction of this country. I don’t think there’s much I can say to make you see my side of things. But the polls do suggest that I’m not alone in how I feel. That’s all I’m trying to say. I spent the majority of my young adulthood in the military, so I tend to look at things from that perspective. I think our country is less safe and less secure than it has been in a long time.

oakland-park.png?w=1600&h=1600&q=88&f=fe

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3