Jump to content

2024 Presidential Election Thread


bolverk

Recommended Posts

Hey remember that time Trump knowingly had Covid and debated Biden anyway, pre-vaccines? Good times. And since Biden is supposedly immune from all crimes now, I think this would be a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. 

  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The mic muting won’t work because Trump will just scream anyway and make it impossible for Biden to talk, presuming they are in the same room.  

I dont want the debates because it will be a shitshow and won’t change anything. It will just make me mad.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Js1 said:

 

And no mics and no audience is crucial. Trump plays to the audience and knows how to work a crowd for TV. It’s bullshit

This.

No audience is more important than muted mics. Biden might have a few gaffes, but he will look competent with actual policies for the next four years. Donald will whine, complain, lie, and look like a fucking lunatic with no audience reaction. What's he going to do, learn project 2025 or whatever the fuck it's called and talk about that? Talk about killing Roe? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trump: "It’s time for a debate so that he can explain to the American People his highly destructive Open Border Policy, new and ridiculous EV Mandates, the allowance of Crushing Inflation, High Taxes, and his really WEAK Foreign Policy, which is allowing the World to ‘Catch on Fire.’ I am Ready and Willing to Debate Crooked Joe at the two proposed times in June and September," Trump posted. "I would strongly recommend more than two debates and, for excitement purposes, a very large venue, although Biden is supposedly afraid of crowds - That’s only because he doesn’t get them. Just tell me when, I’ll be there. ‘Let’s get ready to Rumble!!!’" 

  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I appreciate the bravado Joe is showing in that video, but I think this is a bad idea.  I don't think Joe is as diminished as the opposition would like you to believe, but a debate is the prime setting to highlight his shortcomings (especially against Trump's bluster) and tailor made for out-of-context tiktok clips to go viral.  The average voter watches these for "vibes" more than policy talk, and I think the risk is much much higher than the reward in that regard.

The only logical explanation is that the campaign believes these horrific poll numbers. 

I disagree. Trump being a bully and generally un-presidential in debates in 2020 helped Biden. I think with no audience and the ability to mute Trump's mike, Biden would show much better in a debate. Trump is a rambling, stumbling mess right now, much more so than 2020.  

  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I disagree. Trump being a bully and generally un-presidential in debates in 2020 helped Biden. I think with no audience and the ability to mute Trump's mike, Biden would show much better in a debate. Trump is a rambling, stumbling mess right now, much more so than 2020.  

Agreed.  High stakes for both.  If either thought they were a clear favorite that person would refuse.  But Joe needs moderate votes in bulk and agreed debate helped with that.  People that don't necessarily like Joe need to be reminded why they really didn't like Trump.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

Yeah I don’t think either one of them wants to debate.  Neither of them will come off well, and they know it.  It’s all downside with risk to reduce the turnout of their base.  They’ll both bark about how ready they are to debate, but refuse to compromise enough to make it happen.

 

Trump will yell about how having silenced mics is unprecedented prior to him and how it’s more media bias and unfairness towards him and a violation of his rights.  His base will eat that up.

 

Fuck 'em. Let 'em froth. 

The previous Biden vs The DotARd debate put The doTARd's insanity on blast. Biden should Do It. 

 

 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

This.

No audience is more important than muted mics. Biden might have a few gaffes, but he will look competent with actual policies for the next four years. Donald will whine, complain, lie, and look like a fucking lunatic with no audience reaction. What's he going to do, learn project 2025 or whatever the fuck it's called and talk about that? Talk about killing Roe? 

That would be awesoeme. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, The Dog said:

20% of respondents in that NYT poll blame Biden for the Supreme Court overturning Roe v Wade. 

I wonder how many of these idiots are actually Democrats who are blaming Biden for not stopping it...

And how many are Republicans who would blame the sinking of Titanic and the crucifiction on Biden if they were asked...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Agreed.  High stakes for both.  If either thought they were a clear favorite that person would refuse.  But Joe needs moderate votes in bulk and agreed debate helped with that.  People that don't necessarily like Joe need to be reminded why they really didn't like Trump.

If Biden comes out tripping over his words, or in any way looking like he's declining even more, it hurts him.

Trump is who is he is, and anyone who isn't already aghast isn't going to become so because of anything Trump says in that debate.  We all know he's a racist, rapist, pathological liar, con man, money launderer, despot sympathizer, and wannabe fascist ruler.  Either that's a deal breaker for you, or it's not.

Basically, I think Biden can lose votes here, and Trump can't.

RFK, Jr. may be the big winner by not being there.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

^

Agree with most of this.  And strangely, RFK may be the biggest winner.  But if Biden plays it right, it could do what needs to get done.  He doesn't have to be bold or strategic or even lay out policy.  He's not winning any more votes other than maybe some apathetic 18-30yo voters which a century of voting history has proven to be about as reliable as a bowel movement on a road trip.  But if he can lay the right traps and make Trump look like the buffoon he is, a chunk of that middle 25mm Trump voter bloc might be ashamed enough into not bothering to vote for him.  They won't switch to Biden.  But like his crimes and J6 and all this other shit finally coming to light, if you can get him to fumble a few times or have to get uber-defensive...it could be another straw on the camel's back of "Enough with this fucking guy already.  There's no Senate seat up for grabs in my seat, fuck it.  I gotta work on Tuesday anyway."  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I appreciate the bravado Joe is showing in that video, but I think this is a bad idea.  I don't think Joe is as diminished as the opposition would like you to believe, but a debate is the prime setting to highlight his shortcomings (especially against Trump's bluster) and tailor made for out-of-context tiktok clips to go viral.  The average voter watches these for "vibes" more than policy talk, and I think the risk is much much higher than the reward in that regard.

The only logical explanation is that the campaign believes these horrific poll numbers. 

No, another logical explanation is that the campaign knows that Trump will bluster and strut, then pull out at the last minute over some made up grievance.  It's been his pattern this cycle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, A-Tex Devil said:

The mic muting won’t work because Trump will just scream anyway and make it impossible for Biden to talk, presuming they are in the same room.  

I dont want the debates because it will be a shitshow and won’t change anything. It will just make me mad.  

if he acts up in debate 1 then the only way he gets to do debate 2 is inside a pope-like plastic enclosure impervious to sound. bonus is Biden won't have to smell his diaper

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"Did you have to wear an ankle monitor to come here tonight Donald?"

Some good opportunities for some zingers.

He should not do that, because of the implication.  
 

nor should he offer Trump an “I did that” sticker for the ankle monitor, as awesome as that would be. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

If Biden comes out tripping over his words, or in any way looking like he's declining even more, it hurts him.

Trump is who is he is, and anyone who isn't already aghast isn't going to become so because of anything Trump says in that debate.  We all know he's a racist, rapist, pathological liar, con man, money launderer, despot sympathizer, and wannabe fascist ruler.  Either that's a deal breaker for you, or it's not.

Basically, I think Biden can lose votes here, and Trump can't.

RFK, Jr. may be the big winner by not being there.

My view, in a sentence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

20% of respondents in that NYT poll blame Biden for the Supreme Court overturning Roe v Wade. 

You laugh but I saw someone on a different forum I frequent make this same point that it was Biden's fault that Roe was overturned. When it was pointed out that the Justices who voted to overturn were 2 of Trump's nominees, the person pivoted to Gaza as the reason they weren't voting for Biden. Stupid people like this do exist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

If Biden comes out tripping over his words, or in any way looking like he's declining even more, it hurts him.

Trump is who is he is, and anyone who isn't already aghast isn't going to become so because of anything Trump says in that debate.  We all know he's a racist, rapist, pathological liar, con man, money launderer, despot sympathizer, and wannabe fascist ruler.  Either that's a deal breaker for you, or it's not.

Basically, I think Biden can lose votes here, and Trump can't.

RFK, Jr. may be the big winner by not being there.

Agree with all this, but I don't think Biden had much of a choice.  He better be well rested and coked up before that debate.

And it would be nice if Trump had a conviction going into the debate so at least Biden can drop that reference a few times, if nothing but to piss of Donald.  But I don't think it will matter all that much, either in how viewers judge the debate or in the ultimate votes cast in November.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Js1 said:

Yall are just lowering the bar so Biden clears it easily. Like his SOTU speech 

I could be wrong, but I think they are speaking from the perspective of the highly swayable undecided voter (if that unicorn actually exists). I'll be stunned if they actually happen and my bet is what I said months ago - they'll be town hall style talks because Don will be unable or unwilling to show up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He should not do that, because of the implication.  

Perhaps not that direct. But by the time of the debate, Dotard will probably have been convicted of dozens of felonies. So yeah, he needs to take some shots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

If Biden comes out tripping over his words, or in any way looking like he's declining even more, it hurts him.

Trump is who is he is, and anyone who isn't already aghast isn't going to become so because of anything Trump says in that debate.  We all know he's a racist, rapist, pathological liar, con man, money launderer, despot sympathizer, and wannabe fascist ruler.  Either that's a deal breaker for you, or it's not.

Basically, I think Biden can lose votes here, and Trump can't.

RFK, Jr. may be the big winner by not being there.

I don't agree. I think there are a ton of people who aren't being shown what a fucking disaster Trump is. If you don't pay attention to politics, and maybe catch Fox News at the gym or something, you probably don't even know Donald is on trial, and you definitely don't know all the horrific shit he says or his positions. 

  • Hook 'Em 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The idea of a debate between these two men is stupid in the first place. They’ve both served 4 years as President and Biden another 8 years as Vice President, all in the digital, mass media information now age.

Anybody over the age of 25 who needs a debate to help them figure out things is a dumbshit.

  • Hook 'Em 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BamaATL said:

He's not gonna do it, because Biden will mop the floor with him.  

If he does debate Biden, Trump will throw out every disgusting accusation he can to flood the zone. I honestly don't see any positives for Biden to debate him, only negatives. Trump will interrupt and interrupt over and over to get Biden flustered. The one point of the SOTU that was not great for Biden was when he let the MAGAs knock him off his message. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mdmost said:

If he does debate Biden, Trump will throw out every disgusting accusation he can to flood the zone. I honestly don't see any positives for Biden to debate him, only negatives. Trump will interrupt and interrupt over and over to get Biden flustered. The one point of the SOTU that was not great for Biden was when he let the MAGAs knock him off his message. 

Biden mopped the floor with him 4 years ago, and will do it again.  Trump isn't going to suddenly get better at it, he's lazy, so its not as if he will work on it.  That's not even mentioning Trumps continuing mental decline.  Everyone underestimates Biden, which is actually one of his biggest strengths.  Biden will be prepared and decisive, Trump will ramble about Hannibal Lecter and have his mic cut repeatedly.  Bring it.  

  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"Did you have to wear an ankle monitor to come here tonight Donald?"

Some good opportunities for some zingers.

There's a "Naked Gun", 'Oh did that slip down there again' joke in here somewhere.  Combined with Trump shouting, "It's not an ankle monitor, it's the premiere ladies sports watch of the 1980s!"  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I don't agree. I think there are a ton of people who aren't being shown what a fucking disaster Trump is. If you don't pay attention to politics, and maybe catch Fox News at the gym or something, you probably don't even know Donald is on trial, and you definitely don't know all the horrific shit he says or his positions. 

These people aren't watching the debate, though.  They'll be fed edited clips of it via tiktok, and well... 

 

 

Edited by Chuckie Finster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I don't agree. I think there are a ton of people who aren't being shown what a fucking disaster Trump is. If you don't pay attention to politics, and maybe catch Fox News at the gym or something, you probably don't even know Donald is on trial, and you definitely don't know all the horrific shit he says or his positions. 

 

I agree that those people are out there, for sure, but I also don't think they will watch the debate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

He's not gonna do it, because Biden will mop the floor with him.  

it's obvious.  He'll back out at the last minute for arbitrary reason, claim it's rigged, and the cult followers will believe him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I don't agree. I think there are a ton of people who aren't being shown what a fucking disaster Trump is. If you don't pay attention to politics, and maybe catch Fox News at the gym or something, you probably don't even know Donald is on trial, and you definitely don't know all the horrific shit he says or his positions. 

This. Jesus people, how do so many of y'all still not get how this shit works? Undecided voters are people who don't pay much attention to politics and get most of their exposure second-hand through memes they see on Facebook, Instagram, etc. They forget what a freak Trump is because they haven't really seen him in nearly four years. And Trump is much diminished now vs even only three years ago. Biden is going to clown him. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dems are chasing the voters that won’t show up unless they are scared enough by Trump to make it worth their while, right?  So need to get actual sound bites of the shit he told Time and blast that out in swing states.  
 

And fucking get him on the record re running in 2028 via audio clip.  Worst case is he answers correctly - “of course I can’t run.” But more likely, he stumbles over it and/or says something to effect of “well, we will see.”  
 

And the dictatorship on day 1 shit needs to be put on blast all over again.  

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see Biden with everything to gain and little to lose with debating Trump.  It's Trump that has more to lose and that's why I agree he'll likely find a way to avoid it, claiming bias or such. Something like "the judge in my criminal trial(s) says I can't" even though they don't ever say that.

My fear would be Biden going off script and trying to out "trump" Trump. He needs to articulate his accomplishments and ideas. He can't focus time on Trump the person as that's a losing strategy that just plays into Trumps "look at me" persona. 

  • Hook 'Em 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, immamac said:

lol here's a 24/7 stream of a preview of the debate. 

 

 

This is fucking hilarious and scary.  And clearly twitch leans Maga. 

Edited by A-Tex Devil
Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...