Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

32 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, in this round of stupid shitty fascism….”assassination coordinates!” is gonna be the Reichstag fire?

God….this timeline transcends all known levels of stupidity.

When I saw "assassination coordinates" last night, the first thing I thought of was the phrase came from Call of Duty or something like that, and it sounds so edgy and omnious, and Elon had always wanted to use the phrase, but never had the opportunity.

• Haha 1

I was going to try and throw out some guesses as to what sets him off today, as well as how many people he bans, but given the past 2-3 days, he’s just way too erratic, insecure, and thin-skinned to make any guesses at this point, but I will still try.

The fact that he’s running polls about the bans at least means he’s caught some shit from the tech bros that he gets his validation from.

My two guesses are

1. he bans entire news organizations and not just one journalist
  2. he bans people who say things he doesn’t like on other services.
  • Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, my idea for the Tesla Gigafactory building -- GIANT-ASS 70s-80s-STYLE ROLLER RINK!

E68992FC-F6BA-4312-B63D-6197029759EC.thumb.jpeg.49025b02b0b5ff98124f0a45e1c677c1.jpeg

Woman in dark blue on the right is rude.

If you enlarge the picture to see the young girl on her right, she is staring at the blonde in the pink tights and from her facial expression thinking “dat azz do”.

Elon on the far left in red. 

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

E68992FC-F6BA-4312-B63D-6197029759EC.thumb.jpeg.49025b02b0b5ff98124f0a45e1c677c1.jpeg

If you enlarge the picture to see the young girl on her right, she is staring at the blonde in the pink tights and from her facial expression thinking “dat azz do”.

Elon on the far left in red. 

And I presume you're the Melvin wearing a tie to the rink.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've primarily used Twitter for industry related topics and it seems that things are now at a tipping point where most of the people I follow have bailed from Twitter. I am actually using Mastodon more than Twitter now because so many have migrated. LOL As people are announcing their departure and Mastodon info they are being shit talked by the Elon fan bois.

Kind of feels like the last days of Shaggy or the Fall of Saigon.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

1fd523c1ee20a7dab1791457a8a29ae8.jpg
While a great guess, I have far more hair now than he had then. So - no.  
He seems to be thinking, “I missed the Toys R Us IPO for this??????
Damn! They sell red pants?”

All I know is that I had my birthday party at a roller rink in 1978, and one of the presents I opened was an X-wing fighter, so......winning.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

18 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

The one behind them is the slow gazelle that is easy pickins for the lions (lionesses, technically, but work with me on this one).

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

All I know is that I had my birthday party at a roller rink in 1978, and one of the presents I opened was an X-wing fighter, so......winning.

s-l1600.jpg

Carousel of I-10 (Old Katy Rd) in Houston, by chance?  That place was my jam in the early 80s. 

Edited by dcbc

7 minutes ago, dcbc said:

The one behind them is the slow gazelle that is easy pickins for the lions (lionesses, technically, but work with me on this one).

Carousel of I-10 (Old Katy Rd) in Houston, by chance?  That place was my jam in the early 80s. 

Probably Great Skate, on the SW side somewhere (Stafford?)  Went to more than a coupla b-day parties there between 1976 and 1980.  The girls across the street were cool chicks who had moved to Houston from California, so the roller rink was their jam.

Turns out my now-wife did the same -- she had every birthday party there from 76 to the early 80s.  Guess I had a thing for the roller rink gals.

Also, as this thread derail distracts us from the feces-smearing idiocy that is Elon, I make no apologies.  We need more roller rink talk in our life, and much, much, MUCH less Phony Stark.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

15 hours ago, Blotto said:

The idea that this narcissistic douchebag  buys Twitter for $44 billion and simultaneously destroys $500 million in TSLA market cap is f'n hilarious to me. TSLA may have come down some, but no way it loses 50% without this public display of dipshittery. Oh well....

Fully agree. I listened to the twitter space recording above and the motherfucker can't even spit out a cogent thought that isn't some predetermined talking point. 

6 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Has Elon ever seemed genuinely concerned about his safety before this week? I think there is a nonzero chance that getting booed broke his brain.

Haven't checked this thread since yesterday but didn't someone post a geolocation photo that proved whatever pic or vid he was claiming to be a stalker due to the flight tracker was total bs, miles from the airport? If it wasn't here, it was on Post News.

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

I wonder why Elmo didn't buy Parler or Gab, it seems to have more of the userbase and audience he's looking for

All he wanted to do was flex. It was a spontaneous move made by a complete moron who receives only positive reinforcement by a bunch of others with whom he's in contact.

Came across this live link look at elron

f74937c298af151739397d7aa5474a77.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

How much longer do we give Twitter?  I think writing is on the wall at this point and once these banned accounts move on there won’t be the breaking news aspect to draw people in.  I always thought the one advantage TWTR had was immediacy.  If it loses journalists that will quickly change.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

How much longer do we give Twitter?  I think writing is on the wall at this point and once these banned accounts move on there won’t be the breaking news aspect to draw people in.  I always thought the one advantage TWTR had was immediacy.  If it loses journalists that will quickly change.

There's a lot of journalists covering every topic we can think of worldwide, so until the majority of them migrate, it's going to be around for a while.

If only there had been some kind of competing platform (Twatter, for instance) up and running and whatnot.  But Twitter never really had a competitor; no one knew what to do with microblogging and until people started using it as an outlet for their comedy and journalists started using it to break news instantly, it kind of floundered.

Now, it really is essential for information, because if you curate what you want to get informed on, or to laugh at, there's nothing like Twitter.  Sadly, those days are coming to an end.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

It'll be interesting to see if sports twitter and black twitter start to leave, so far it's mainly people who take the site more serious than those groups, but those groups are what keep me on twitter. NBA/NFL twitter mainly, but lots of crossovers between those two larger groups. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-stock-price-history-worst-ever-drawdown-191436942.html

Tesla stock is in the midst of largest drawdown since the company went public back in 2010.

Shares of the EV maker are down 64% from a peak last November, marking the stock's largest drawdown since its market debut, according to data from Compound Capital.

The recent 407-day stretch of selling pressure has eclipsed the 60.6% drop from a peak seen over the 28 days from Feb. 19, 2020 to Mar. 18, 2020 (chart below), when the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic rocked markets worldwide.

More recently, Tesla stock is down 22% in December alone.

The declines for the once-bankable automaker reflect several factors.

First, the risk of operational miscues at Tesla has grown as Musk focuses on restructuring Twitter.

"Musk has gone from a superhero to Tesla’s stock to a villain in the eyes of the Street as the overhang grows with each tweet," Wedbush Managing Director Dan Ives, who has become increasingly critical of Musk in 2022, told Yahoo Finance.

Concerns also remain around manufacturing issues and the pace of sales for Tesla in China amid an uncertain approach to the country's COVID-19 policies.

Finally, competition in the EV space in the United States has only intensified this year — raising the risk of slowing growth for Tesla in 2023 and beyond.

On the first and most immediate issue, others on the Street agree with Ives that the debacle at Twitter is the most pressing issue for the stock right now and will likely remain that way well into 2023.

"Tesla’s brand has become more polarizing," Goldman Sachs analyst Mark Delaney said in a note this week. "We believe that Tesla’s brand has significant value related to the company’s leadership position in clean energy and advanced technology. Having consumer focus related to Tesla shift back to these core attributes of sustainability and technology will be important in our view if Tesla is to meet or exceed long-term investor expectations for Tesla."

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Couple of years ago, the boy child, for his 10th, had his party at a place  that has roller skating, laser tag, gokarts..everything.  Kids come in as a group,  get a wristband showing what attractions they can participate in, and off they go.

My wife, sister, etc...all the olds, so to speak, migrate to roller skates.  Now, from 78-82 or so, I skated a lot, but I've not laced up a pair since then.  I go get a pair of size 11's, sit down, put them on...hey, this feels like old times.  Moved around the carpet some and it all came back.

Stepped out onto the wood and holy shit; I was so damned scared of falling and breaking something.  It was very unpleasant.  It never did come back to me over that hour or so.  

Monday Night Raw Yes GIF by WWE

Had to go to one of my kid's classmates's birthday part at a roller rink earlier this year and holy fucking shit I somehow lost the roller skating ability I had in the late 1980s through the early 1990s.

I wanted to get one of those "walkers" they have for learners, but couldn't embarrass myself so instead I did an ass plant right in front of a group of moms.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

imagine being the richest person one of the richest people in the world and it's a twitter account repeating publicly available information about the location of your jet that causes you to understand that you are potentially a target

And don't forget how many selfies you had posted on the internet as well.

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Now, it really is essential for information, because if you curate what you want to get informed on, or to laugh at, there's nothing like Twitter.  Sadly, those days are coming to an end.

And the shitty thing is that curation is not working out well - I'm getting way too much bullshit that I am definitely not following, and I don't know if they are having coding problems or they really are promoting the paid-for blue checks above everybody else.

But I'm fucking one with a lot of this.  I've made a nice bookmark list of everybody's/every company's accounts I care about, and I just load it a few times a day, because Musk has wrecked my feed.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

I wanted to get one of those "walkers" they have for learners, but couldn't embarrass myself so instead I did an ass plant right in front of a group of moms.

My daughter was 8 at the time and had never skated.  So, they had a walker for her. The two of us "skated" along together while holding the damned thing.

My wife, sister, etc were all laughing their asses off at my efforts.  They had absolutely no trouble skating like they were 14.  I, on the other hand, was wondering what a knee replacement was gonna run.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Haven't checked this thread since yesterday but didn't someone post a geolocation photo that proved whatever pic or vid he was claiming to be a stalker due to the flight tracker was total bs, miles from the airport? If it wasn't here, it was on Post News.

i posted it from Bellingcat discord. its like 20 min / 11 miles away from the closest airport. the two spots identified in red on the map closest to it are heliports.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

I'm predicting that Elon's vindictiveness begins to reach outside of Twitter. I'm assuming that Tesla owners have an email account somehow associated with their ownership, registration, updates, etc. If that email address is somehow associated with a banned Twitter account, maybe just maybe your Tesla may not operate tomorrow.

And if the US govt does something to piss off Elon, maybe SpaceX isn't available for ISS trips.

21 minutes ago, Covri said:

I always thought the one advantage TWTR had was immediacy.

While we've gotten used to immediacy of news, apart from news items that convey "take shelter" measures and some other exceptions, we don't really need immediacy.  If I had found out the Queen croaked a few minutes later than I actually did, it wouldn't have made that much of a difference for me (or the Queen for that matter).

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm predicting that Elon's vindictiveness begins to reach outside of Twitter. I'm assuming that Tesla owners have an email account somehow associated with their ownership, registration, updates, etc. If that email address is somehow associated with a banned Twitter account, maybe just maybe your Tesla may not operate tomorrow.

And if the US govt does something to piss off Elon, maybe SpaceX isn't available for ISS trips.

The negative impacts of his narcissism has already spread to Tesla stock and Tesla sales. I don’t know how it would affect SpaceX since there isn’t another alternative at the moment, but I guess SpaceX could kick him off the board or something 

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think you may be right. He certainly has given no indication that he's above that sort of behavior. Fortunately, I haven't had an account there for multiple years and I barely knew who Elron was until this year. I own 2 properties with tesla solar panels so the thought that they could be vulnerable to his vindictiveness has crossed my mind, esp. if I had maintained a twitter account.

Less than a year ago the Tesla brand was strong enough that I threw it into the description of my rental listing instead of the generic "solar panels" for the added glamour. Gonna have to keep the brand on the downlow should I have to re-lease the same property next year.

What I really need though is an insider's account of Elron trying to calculate how far his <2000 new twitter blue checkmark accounts at $8 per month go toward paying off $1.3B in annual debt.

Also this link will tell you where Elron's jet is anytime you click it. Don't tell elron I told you!

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

So basically when Elon wants to ban an account, he will create a rule and then suspend them.

his anger is with the US govt allowing real time tracking of planes. I can understand the potential of that system being used by a crazy person tracking a private plane but then again it could be used by a crazy person who targets someone on a United flight from LAX to Chicago. Banning accounts isn’t going to make him any safer as that info is still out there. 

image.gif.2a60a543f24613f552ddb005baf7bde7.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

Now Twitter is recruiting outside investors at the low, low price of $54.20 a share.

But I was told this wasn't about money.

https://www.semafor.com/article/12/16/2022/elon-musks-team-is-seeking-new-investors-for-twitter

The managing director of Elon Musk’s family office is seeking new equity investors for Twitter as users revolt, advertisers flee, and debt payments loom, according to two people familiar with the fundraising effort.

Musk’s money manager, Jared Birchall, reached out to potential investors this week, offering shares of Twitter at the same price, $54.20, that Musk paid to take the company private in October, the people said.

“Over recent weeks we’ve received numerous inbound requests to invest in Twitter,” it read, according to a copy reviewed by Semafor. “Accordingly, we are pleased to announce a follow-on equity offering for common shares at the original price and terms, targeting a year-end close.”

Ross Gerber, a Tesla investor who said he put less than $1 million in Musk’s original takeover of Twitter, confirmed that he was contacted Thursday evening about another funding round at the $44 billion valuation.

Gerber said he’s considering it but wants to get a clearer idea of what the plan is. “One could argue he has created value or destroyed value at Twitter. It’s hard to tell at this point,” he said.

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, NoName said:

i posted it from Bellingcat discord. its like 20 min / 11 miles away from the closest airport. the two spots identified in red on the map closest to it are heliports.

haha holy shit. my wife works like 200 yards from this location

oh shit I just doxxed her

• Haha 8

47 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The negative impacts of his narcissism has already spread to Tesla stock and Tesla sales. I don’t know how it would affect SpaceX since there isn’t another alternative at the moment, but I guess SpaceX could kick him off the board or something 

It would be hilarious if he fucked around at spacex and Bezos were able to hire away their CEO. Although I don't even know if spacex is a profitable company as opposed to one that has been subsidized by the escalated stock price of tesla. It seems like tesla's stock price went so high that when people came to elron with ideas he was able to jump in without even a second thought. He's never received blowback before afaik, except when he was removed at paypal so the co-owners could sell it instead of allowing him to run it. 

12 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Now Twitter is recruiting outside investors at the low, low price of $54.20 a share.

But I was told this wasn't about money.

https://www.semafor.com/article/12/16/2022/elon-musks-team-is-seeking-new-investors-for-twitter

Who would be dumb enough to buy into a failing company at the same inflated price paid when it was "successful"?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Who would be dumb enough to buy into a failing company at the same inflated price paid when it was "successful"?

The same reason he was dumb enough to buy in when elron was raising money for the initial purchase? That's all I've got.

The way elron's FA jazzed up the letter is kind of funny. " numerous inbound requests to invest in Twitter " okay.gif

If you didn't click through the twitter link that @HenryJamesposted you missed seeing this, her pinned tweet, from 2018, 4 years before her account was suspended today. Another red flag.

image.thumb.png.ae3b22892d34ef14306f86b5ecfd62a8.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?