Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The Cybertruck has a strong chance to sink Tesla. You can’t come back from doing something uncool, its really hard. Elon will be fine because he has enough money to build a fleet of aircraft carriers (literally). 

.....which he would waste on trying to build the flying aircraft carriers from the Marvel movies....and he would call them "X-Cyber Carriers," and demand that his engineers make them "extremely hardcore."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Some people will buy them, the same type of people that buy blue checkmarks.   But there probably aren't enough of them to make building that shitheap profitable.   Wouldnt be surprised to see the excess (assuming they actually do go to market 1 day) inventory converted into some government-funded electric tow trucks hauling batteries around to broken down or out-of-juice Model X, Y, S Teslas.

• Hook 'Em 1

In thinking about this further, and recognizing the number of dumb ass idiots out there believing all of the disinformation and propaganda of today, I’d like to not only retract my statement, but declare that cybertruck will be a huge success because…people gonna people. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, royiv said:

My grandfather and I built a pinewood derby car that looked a lot like that except we painted it yellow. That was probably in 1987.

And unless you were left track it didn’t matter where you put the weights or how you cut it. The right track was slower for every car but we’ve all got to pretend Jeremy was an engineering genius because he got a good draw. /rant

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

48 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

.....which he would waste on trying to build the flying aircraft carriers from the Marvel movies....and he would call them "X-Cyber Carriers," and demand that his engineers make them "extremely hardcore."

I'd reconsider if he pulled off a space battleship.

large.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

And unless you were left track it didn’t matter where you put the weights or how you cut it. The right track was slower for every car but we’ve all got to pretend Jeremy was an engineering genius because he got a good draw. /rant

I got disqualified for having the wrong material type for the nails that hold the wheels on. Something like mine were brass when they were supposed to be steel or some shit, it’s all the hobby store had ffs. /not bitter 

• Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Some people will buy them, the same type of people that buy blue checkmarks.   But there probably aren't enough of them to make building that shitheap profitable.   Wouldnt be surprised to see the excess (assuming they actually do go to market 1 day) inventory converted into some government-funded electric tow trucks hauling batteries around to broken down or out-of-juice Model X, Y, S Teslas.

I could see Elon selling a bunch of cyber trucks to law enforcement agencies across the country

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Sounds like someone didn't know how to properly polish axles. Jeremy's dad knew what was up.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Seriously.  The fact that he decided to make something inspired by any number of shitty network TV sci-fi series of the 70s is....something.

As for me, if I wanted to go down that rabbit hole of obsession with old-school bad sci-fi, and I had billions....I'd have just been on the hunt for a gal who looks like Erin Grey from back in they day:

s-l1200.webp

My 4th grade lunch box 

image.thumb.jpeg.53449a1ea9ca75bb8696da9da9b17bf1.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

IMG_2477.thumb.jpeg.80a312f951e4d3a8e30ecac24e80f99f.jpeg

https://www.popsci.com/technology/cybertruck-cop-car/?amp

Here is what a Tesla Cybertruck cop car could look like

Concept art was revealed at a Las Vegas conference this week.

Andrew Paul Published Sep 22, 2023 1:15 PM EDT

Tesla’s Cybertruck isn’t even available to the public yet, but concept art for a Cybertruck cop-car made its appearance in Las Vegas on Wednesday. During a presentation by Oracleco-founder Larry Ellison at the data service giant’s CloudWork conference, a massive screen showed off the EV’s recognizable, angular design beneath red and blue emergency lights, as well as a bull bar and multiple Oracle logos.

But as Inside EVs noted on September 21, the rendering features misplaced bumper lights and rear wheels, while also missing the vehicle’s single, massive windshield wiper. Although this could indicate the project is early on in its development, Ellison promised its imminent debut.

“Our next generation police car is coming out very soon,” Ellison said to audible audience murmurs. “It’s my favorite police car. It’s my favorite car, actually. It’s Elon’s favorite car.” 

“Among other things, it’s very safe, very fast, it’s got a stainless steel body, and we don’t have to add a screen or cameras to it because we can actually use their existing cameras and existing screen to put our application on it,” Ellison continued.

Both Oracle and Tesla already work alongside law enforcement, providing cloud support software and electric vehicles, respectively, for forces in Wisconsin, California, and elsewhere. Ellison has also called Musk a “close friend” in the past, and previously saton Tesla’s board of directors. According to Ellison’s presentation, the first Oracle-integrated police cars already include voice-activated, retrofitted third-party “Tesla-like” screens, but the company plans to leverage the Cybertruck’s existing camera systems and monitors. 

First unveiled in 2019 and promised to arrive in 2021, Tesla has since delayed the Cybertruck multiple times while also increasing its estimated price tag. At last check, production and delivery were slated to begin by the end of 2023, although that deadline now appears dubious. During the EV’s debut event, Tesla vehicle designer Franz von Holzhausen threw metal balls at a prototype Cybertruck to demonstrate its “Armor Glass” windows, causing the driver side windows to shatter.

“The ball didn’t make it through,” Musk joked at the time.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MrBig said:

Tesla’s Cybertruck isn’t even available to the public yet, but concept art for a Cybertruck cop-car made its appearance in Las Vegas on Wednesday. During a presentation by Oracleco-founder Larry Ellison at the data service giant’s CloudWork conference, a massive screen showed off the EV’s recognizable, angular design beneath red and blue emergency lights, as well as a bull bar and multiple Oracle logos.

But as Inside EVs noted on September 21, the rendering features misplaced bumper lights and rear wheels, while also missing the vehicle’s single, massive windshield wiper. Although this could indicate the project is early on in its development, Ellison promised its imminent debut.

“Our next generation police car is coming out very soon,” Ellison said to audible audience murmurs. “It’s my favorite police car. It’s my favorite car, actually. It’s Elon’s favorite car.” 

“Among other things, it’s very safe, very fast, it’s got a stainless steel body, and we don’t have to add a screen or cameras to it because we can actually use their existing cameras and existing screen to put our application on it,” Ellison continued.

Both Oracle and Tesla already work alongside law enforcement, providing cloud support software and electric vehicles, respectively, for forces in Wisconsin, California, and elsewhere. Ellison has also called Musk a “close friend” in the past, and previously saton Tesla’s board of directors. According to Ellison’s presentation, the first Oracle-integrated police cars already include voice-activated, retrofitted third-party “Tesla-like” screens, but the company plans to leverage the Cybertruck’s existing camera systems and monitors. 

First unveiled in 2019 and promised to arrive in 2021, Tesla has since delayed the Cybertruck multiple times while also increasing its estimated price tag. At last check, production and delivery were slated to begin by the end of 2023, although that deadline now appears dubious. During the EV’s debut event, Tesla vehicle designer Franz von Holzhausen threw metal balls at a prototype Cybertruck to demonstrate its “Armor Glass” windows, causing the driver side windows to shatter.

Alternative article: worried about sales Tesla is partnering with Oracle in an effort to obtain no bid purchase orders guaranteed by right wing/nazi sympathetic police departments 

6 hours ago, MrBig said:

Maybe a bunch of them spontaneously combust while loaded with corrupt cops.

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

https://www.businessinsider.com/linda-yaccarino-blindsided-elon-musks-announcement-found-new-twitter-ceo-2023-9

Linda Yaccarino's reign as Twitter boss got off to a chaotic start after she was blindsided by Elon Musk's tweet announcing he had found a new CEO, according to a new report.

The Financial Times reported that Yaccarino was in the middle of a meeting making tweaks to her planned remarks for NBCUniversal's annual advertiser showcase when Musk tweeted that he had "hired a new CEO for X/Twitter. She will be starting in ~6 weeks!"

Although she had told Musk she'd take the job that morning, Yaccarino had little idea that Musk would make any sort of public announcement, the FT reported, adding that she not yet arranged her departure from NBC and had told Musk she needed several weeks to do so.

The then-chairman of global advertising then dashed out of rehearsals and speak to Comcast president Michael Cavanagh to explain the situation, according to unnamed sources cited by the Financial Times.

Cavanagh accepted her explanation, but decided to release a statement announcing Yaccarino's departure the next day. Yaccarino ultimately started her new job two weeks earlier than planned.

Yaccarino's sudden departure caused carnage at her NBCUniversal, with one advertising executive previously telling Insider that the move "couldn't have happened at a worst time" and comparing the situation within the company to the "Cuban missile crisis."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/26/2023 at 7:46 AM, MrBig said:

I don’t think they’re worried about the cybertruck messing shit up when they have loyal owners of their regular cars constantly needing service. 

Again, not an Elon fan at all, but I've had to take in my Model 3 exactly once in 5 years.  They aren't bad cars, no matter how bad people want them to be.  Cybertruck on the other hand.  Yikes.

On 9/26/2023 at 11:34 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

The Cybertruck has a strong chance to sink Tesla. You can’t come back from doing something uncool, its really hard. Elon will be fine because he has enough money to build a fleet of aircraft carriers (literally). 

The Cybertruck is going to give the Ford Edsel flop a run for it's money on worst vehicle flop ever.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, royiv said:

They could be the undisputed best cars in the world and Elon could have one in each color dropped in my driveway for free and I would tell him to get fucked. The man is an evil oligarch who is sowing discourse not only domestically, but now internationally. I just can't get past that.

I don't disagree with you.  It's quite annoying he decided to go batshit nuts after I bought my car.  I wouldn't buy another one right now.  

• Hook 'Em 5

Elmo's showdown with the EU over his support for russian and chinese disinformation appears to be drawing closer. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/sep/28/eu-fake-news-elon-musk-x-twitter

Given that he fired twitter's "election integrity staff" this week, my guess is Elmo wants the EU to take a swing at him so he can play the victim card and blame anyone but himself for blowing more than $40 billion.

...The European Union announces the results of reports submitted by tech firms on the scale of fake news across social media. The reports were the first since the Digital Services Act gave the EU sweeping new powers to fine and otherwise punish those who perform poorly. The report cards were welcome reading for most companies, who have done decently in tackling the scourge of disinformation. But for Elon Musk’s Twitter, now known as X, the message was clear: “Could do better.”

The platform was found to have the highest ratio of disinformative posts compared with its competitors. “There are obligations under the hard law,” said Věra Jourová, the European commissioner responsible for implementing the anti-disinformation code. Like a disappointed teacher, Jourová addressed Musk in a press conference after the publication of the report. “So my message for Twitter/X is you have to comply,” she said. “We will be watching what you do.”

The risk of huge fines – 6% of a company’s annual global turnover, in the case of the EU’s Digital Services Act – is also an incentive to follow the rules that the EU lays down. The risk of not complying with the rules on disinformation includes, at its worst, an outright ban across the EU. Both are significant incentives to comply. Yet Jourová’s veiled threat that Europe is watching Twitter is necessary because, unlike most of his peers in the tech sector, Elon Musk has shown an aversion to regulation.

35 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Given that he fired twitter's "election integrity staff" this week, my guess is Elmo wants the EU to take a swing at him so he can play the victim card and blame anyone but himself for blowing more than $40 billion.

barack obama GIF

https://www.theverge.com/2023/9/26/23890396/code-conference-2023-interviews-news

Yaccarino disputed a report that X was disassembling its election integrity team.

She didn’t dispute that some members of the team had been fired, but she said X is expanding its work to combat platform manipulation and disinformation overall.

“It’s an issue we take very seriously,” she said. “And contrary to the comments that were made, there is a robust and growing team at X that is wrapping their arms around election integrity.”

So she's on a timer, right?  He's not going to stand for her contradicting him when he's trying to win internet points from catturd2 and the others.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So she's on a timer, right?  He's not going to stand for her contradicting him when he's trying to win internet points from catturd2 and the others.

"And contrary to the comments that were made, there is a robust and growing team at X that is wrapping their arms around election integrity.”

love that passive voice!

“I wish that would be different. We’re looking into that,” Yaccarino says in response to the dispute between Musk and the Anti-Defamation League.

The exacting words of an experienced CEO on top of her game!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s an issue we take very seriously,” she said. “And contrary to the comments that were made, there is a robust and growing team at X that is wrapping their arms around election integrity.

This is corporate speak that doesn’t mean anything. It’s made to make you think she and X are doing something about election integrity but having a “team” “get their arms around” something is frivolous BS. Elon could have fired the employees responsible for election integrity and also this over lawyered comms statement can be true at the same time. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

barack obama GIF

https://www.theverge.com/2023/9/26/23890396/code-conference-2023-interviews-news

lady is right on the edge of the glass cliff

The glass cliff is a relative of the “glass ceiling” — a metaphor for the invisible, societal barrier that keeps women from achieving the highest positions in business, politics, and organizations. The glass cliff is a twist on that: Women are elevated to positions of power when things are going poorly. When they reach the upper ranks of power, they’re put into precarious positions and therefore have a higher likelihood of failure, meaning there’s a greater risk for them to fall.

• Hook 'Em 1

Shockingly it looks like Yacc doesn't know what's going on at the company of which she's supposedly CEO. Oops.

From Wired, published this afternoon. https://www.wired.com/story/x-elections-team-firings/

X Fires Its Election Team Before a Huge Election Year

The “last man standing” in X’s threat intelligence team has been fired, as the company guts its election integrity response ahead of a year in which more than 50 countries go to the polls.

Just weeks ago, the company said in a blog post that it was expanding its “safety and elections” teams. Around this same time, Rodericks announced on his LinkedIn that his team was adding eight new roles in preparation for the 2024 elections, including a team lead and an elections analyst. CEO Linda Yaccarino recently echoed these plans in an interview with the Financial Times. But just a month later, in response to the Information breaking the news of Rodericks’ firing, Musk tweeted, “Oh you mean the “Election Integrity” Team that was undermining election integrity? Yeah, they’re gone.”

edit - it turns out the safety team got gutted for the most Space Karen reason ever - thin skin befitting a cowardly bitch.

According to reporting from The Irish Times, Rodericks was facing disciplinary action after he allegedly liked tweets that were critical of X and of Musk. In a court filing requesting an injunction on the disciplinary process, Rodericks said he posted the new election-related roles on his X account and then received a deluge of abuse from users, with one even saying Rodericks was hiring a “censorship squad.” Though Rodericks said X did nothing to respond to the online abuse, it did begin a disciplinary process alleging that he had “demonstrated hostility” against the company via his likes. (Last year, Musk fired an engineer who criticized him.)

Edited by Chopper
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Oh no those poor saudis may not get their investment back, the horror! Lulz it's too bad the Elon fan club has ran away to the business board and forgot about this thread

That’s not the Saudi money.

The banks really should’ve sold that debt for 65 cents on the dollar.

• Hook 'Em 1