Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

7 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

The world to Elon

youre-bald-v0-745w68l2jusb1.png?width=64

You Immigrated Illegally.

And Elon would have been bald too if not for the hair transplant, LOL.  That Seinfeld photo is perfect for many sorts of interpretations when it comes to Elon. 

I just want to speed the endgame up here. I believe there is ZERO chance that Elon will sell Twitter. The last thing he wants is someone else making something he purchased better and more profitable. He will burn the app to the ground and send it into the ether when the bell finally tolls. Let's get on with it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

And Elon would have been bald too if not for the hair transplant, LOL.  That Seinfeld photo is perfect for many sorts of interpretations when it comes to Elon. 

I just want to speed the endgame up here. I believe there is ZERO chance that Elon will sell Twitter. The last thing he wants is someone else making something he purchased better and more profitable. He will burn the app to the ground and send it into the ether when the bell finally tolls. Let's get on with it. 

It's on the way to the Friendster zone of irrelevance.

• Hook 'Em 1

I mean, Elon dated GRIMES and has multiple kids with her .

For those not familiar with her music career, she was THE indie girl musician in mid 2010s. A strange, androgynous, elfish artist with child-like vocals over some pretty fucking cool beats. Pitchfork, probably the "wokest" and most influential music site at that time, firmly supported and lifted her up from Day 1.  The vibe seemed generally that she was untouchably cool and a true artist. 

Elon had a serious relationship with that person. I'm assuming he was in love with her. And 6 years laters he's a full on right winger and culture war instigator, acting like he's been above all the wokeness the entire time. 

But he's just a little man who got his feelings hurt and is getting his adolescent-minded revenge. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I mean, Elon dated GRIMES and has multiple kids with her .

For those not familiar with her music career, she was THE indie girl musician in mid 2010s. A strange, androgynous, elfish artist with child-like vocals over some pretty fucking cool beats. Pitchfork, probably the "wokest" and most influential music site at that time, firmly supported and lifted her up from Day 1.  The vibe seemed generally that she was untouchably cool and a true artist. 

Elon had a serious relationship with that person. I'm assuming he was in love with her. And 6 years laters he's a full on right winger and culture war instigator, acting like he's been above all the wokeness the entire time. 

But he's just a little man who got his feelings hurt and is getting his adolescent-minded revenge. 

She's also kind of a moron, if you've ever listened to her talk for an extended period. It makes perfect sense they linked up. I don't think she's a bad or malicious person in any way, and even think she's kind of cool in a way, but she is objectively dumb.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

She's also kind of a moron, if you've ever listened to her talk for an extended period. It makes perfect sense they linked up. I don't think she's a bad or malicious person in any way, and even think she's kind of cool in a way, but she is objectively dumb.

she's seen that dude's o face willingly on multiple occasions. i can never take her seriously again. 

oh also she totes got elon into the hard drugs.

allegedly.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I'm convinced red-pilling deep down is just an immature narcissistic reaction to being rejected by people you desperately want to associate with. 

He used to love the woke contest

https://appleinsider.com/articles/15/02/25/apples-jony-ive-and-teslas-elon-musk-inseparable-in-conversation-at-oscars-after-party

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I'm convinced red-pilling deep down is just an immature narcissistic reaction to being rejected by people you desperately want to associate with.

twsliey41yk21.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&

• Haha 7
  • Prepare your anus 1

53 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

She got involved with a trans person after him, he’s still an adolescent in spirit, so it’s honestly not surprising how he acts towards the LBGTQ folks.

It is creepy how desperate he is to be liked.  Why can’t he be like other divorced dads and just go hit the bars and pick up strippers.

• Hook 'Em 2

bringing it back to make fun of Elon's foundation

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/10/us/elon-musk-charity.html

Elon Musk Has a Giant Charity. Its Money Stays Close to Home.

Before March 2021, Elon Musk’s charitable foundation had never announced any donations to Cameron County, an impoverished region at the southern tip of Texas that is home to his SpaceX launch site and local officials who help regulate it.

Then, at 8:05 one morning that month, a SpaceX rocket blew up, showering the area with a rain of twisted metal.

The Musk Foundation began giving at 9:27 a.m. local time.

+

The foundation that houses the money has failed in recent years to give away the bare minimum required by law to justify the tax break, exposing it to the risk of having to pay the government a substantial financial penalty.

Mr. Musk has not hired any staff for his foundation, tax filings show. Its billions are handled by a board that consists of himself and two volunteers, one of whom reports putting in so little time that it averages out to six minutes per week.

In 2022, the last year for which records are available, they gave away $160 million, which was $234 million less than the law required — the fourth-largest shortfall of any foundation in the country.

+

A New York Times analysis found that, of the Musk Foundation’s giving in 2021 and 2022 — the latest years for which full data is available — about half of the donations had some link to Mr. Musk, one of his employees or one of his businesses.

Among the donations the Musk Foundation has made, there was $55 million to help a major SpaceX customer meet a charitable pledge. There were the millions that went to Cameron County, Texas, after the rocket blew up. And there were donations to two schools closely tied to his businesses: one walled off inside a SpaceX compound, the other located next to a new subdivision for Musk’s employees.

+

“Tesla has done more to help the environment than all other companies combined,” he said last year at The New York Times’s DealBook conference. “As a leader of the company, I’ve done more for the environment than any single human on earth.”

+

He also founded his own nonprofit school called Ad Astra — Latin for “to the stars” — to explore new ways to teach math and science.

But that school, too, would serve a personal purpose for Mr. Musk. In its first year of operation out of his home in the Bel-Air neighborhood of Los Angeles, five of Ad Astra’s 14 students were his own children.

“Kindness and eagerness to learn (and parents that worked at SpaceX) were the only criteria for admission,” wrote Joshua Dahn, the initial head of the school.

+

More donations from Mr. Musk meant more responsibility for his foundation. Tax law requires all foundations to give away 5 percent of their assets every year, so the Musk Foundation was expected to dole out hundreds of millions of dollars each year.

The foundation did not add paid staff to meet that new benchmark. The only recorded change was a tiny one: Matilda Simon, one of Mr. Musk’s family-office employees, who also serves as one of the foundation’s three volunteer board members, increased her workload from 0 hours to 0.1 hours, or six minutes a week, according to tax filings.

+

n 2021, the Musk Foundation fell $41 million short of the minimum required donation, tax filings show. In 2022, it missed the 5 percent mark by even more: $193 million. That year, Musk’s foundation gave away only about 2.25 percent of its $7 billion in assets, far below the 5 percent minimum, tax filings show.

With shortfall piled on shortfall, the Musk Foundation was then left $234 million behind by the end of 2022, the fourth-largest gap of any foundation in the country, according to Cause IQ, a firm that analyzes charity data.

most folks are significantly better at hiding things than Elon

One of the biggest gifts helped one of SpaceX’s customers: Jared Isaacman, a Pennsylvania billionaire, who chartered a trip to orbit on a SpaceX rocket in 2021. Mr. Isaacman said the flight would raise $200 million for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital by raffling off one of the four seats on the flight. (Mr. Isaacman declined to say at the time how much he paid for the seats he reserved except that he planned to raise far more for charity than he spent.)

But when Mr. Isaacman touched down on Earth, the mission’s Twitter account said it was still short of his $200 million goal.

“Count me in for $50M,” Mr. Musk tweeted back. The Musk Foundation eventually paid $55 million, its largest donation that year.

A few months later, Mr. Isaacman announced he would pay SpaceX for three more spaceflights. He declined to answer questions about the flights or Mr. Musk’s donation

Experts on nonprofit law said there appeared to be nothing illegal about that gift, because it did not involve the Musk Foundation paying Mr. Musk or his customer directly.

But Kathleen Enright, the president of the Council on Foundations, said she would have advised Mr. Musk to recuse himself from this decision — and let the other members of the foundation’s board decide whether to give. She said that would ensure that Mr. Musk was not letting the needs of his business control the actions of his foundation, which is supposed to be an independent entity with its own charitable goals.

“It’s not his checkbook,” Ms. Enright said. “It’s not a private, family-owned company. It’s a charitable organization.”

"let's move money from my foundation to another foundation run by the head of my family office"

Mr. Musk has also given $100 million from his foundation to a startup Texas charity called “The Foundation,” which says it wants to start schools and eventually a university.

The donation moved money out of the Musk Foundation, helping it get closer to reaching that 5 percent minimum donation. But it did not move the money out of Mr. Musk’s orbit: the new charity is run by Mr. Birchall, the head of his family office, and two leaders at Mr. Musk’s accounting firm.

all you need to know about all of this is the minimal amount of work put into the foundation's website. i know, you think "it can't be that bad" - and you would be wrong here is a screenshot:

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

47 minutes ago, NoName said:

an amazing, ironic note!

3ul4vs485pnc1.jpeg

It really is a wild arc he's taken through pop culture. Hell, a pretty technical engineering book about rocket propellent development during the heyday of Cold war NASA titled "Ignition!" that I have on my shelf has a fucking front cover quote by elmo

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

It really is a wild arc he's taken through pop culture. Hell, a pretty technical engineering book about rocket propellent development during the heyday of Cold war NASA titled "Ignition!" that I have on my shelf has a fucking front cover quote by elmo

It is amazing what Elon has done with his reputation. He portrayed himself as a genius that was changing the world and then one day he decided to go public with his shitty personality.

Now that he has so much control of our critical space infrastructure, Elon's current PR strategy is basically.

CIG9.gif

• Hook 'Em 5

Elon bat-signaling these far right posts on a daily basis. This is the "citizen journalism" that he wants people to absorb. Since a link wasn't provided (which is par for the course for right-wingers, and becoming entirely too common for "liberal" engagement farming accounts as well), I had to look it up. 

Newcastle grooming gang who repeatedly raped and abused child at the Castle Keep jailed for 36 years

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-grooming-gang-who-repeatedly-28734379

Mohamed Badreddin, 23, of Middle Garth, Cowgate, Newcastle, was convicted of six counts of rape and one of assault by penetration. He was jailed for 13 years.

Omar Badreddin, 26, of Middle Garth, Cowgate, was convicted of five counts of rape. He was jailed for 18 years.

Aleboud, 23, of Tillmouth Park Road, Throckley, Newcastle, was convicted of two counts of rape, assault by penetration and assault occasioning actual bodily harm. He was jailed for five-and-a-half years.

Al-Soaimi, 21, of Denmark Street, Byker, Newcastle, was convicted of three counts of sexual assault and assault by penetration. He was sentenced to two years suspended for two years with 180 hours unpaid work.

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This happened in Grenada. So now any black on white crime anywhere in the world needs to be boosted by Elon Musk? 

What I love is how they are posting these with the undercurrent of "you won't hear about this!" and "what about justice for these white victims?!?!"  That's the whole point of the "say her/his name" deal -- that the victims are NOT getting justice.

This case?  Fucking covered in the NYT, among numerous other high volume press outfits.  They are all in custody, and charged with murder.  In other words....the justice system moved on them, quickly, and it's been covered right out in the open.

Here's the problem being exposed here: Elon is very, very, very stupid.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This happened in Grenada. So now any black on white crime anywhere in the world needs to be boosted by Elon Musk? 

Yes. Elon isn’t hiding his white supremacy these days other than the typical “just asking questions” veneer

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/9/2024 at 12:22 PM, Parliament said:

. While making a K-turn, she put the car in reverse instead of drive, she told them. While going backwards, the car went over an embankment and into a pond 

Was she drunk?

Asian woman

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

First, it was people tossing iPads into blenders to see if they could "blend".  Now it's people firing .50 caliber into their Cybertruck to see if it really is bulletproof.

TFW the former secretary of transportation's sister died because she could not safely break the window glass to escape the sunken vehicle. Emergency services had a hard time even

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/report-angela-chao-may-have-died-after-accidentally-putting-her-tesla-reverse/OWWRV3YA6JHAXMHWU6HICOLCT4/

By the time some of Chao’s friends and a property ranch manager got to the pond, the SUV was submerged. Over the next several hours, her friends, then the ranch manager and his wife, and first responders tried to break the windows or find an escape hatch to get Chao out of the car, the Journal reported.

“The two deputies who were in the water standing on the submerged vehicle requested tools to break the window of the vehicle to perform a possible rescue. One EMS crew member donned water rescue PPE and entered the water with a Hallagan tool. One Firefighter entered the water wearing proper water PPE relaying tools to attempt rescue, several tools were used to attempt access to the victim,” the report said.

Eventually, the vehicle was towed out of the water and Chao was removed and found unresponsive, the Journal reported. Chao was declared deceased at the scene and not taken to a hospital. No autopsy was performed.

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

TFW the former secretary of transportation's sister died because she could not safely break the window glass to escape the sunken vehicle. Emergency services had a hard time even

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/report-angela-chao-may-have-died-after-accidentally-putting-her-tesla-reverse/OWWRV3YA6JHAXMHWU6HICOLCT4/

By the time some of Chao’s friends and a property ranch manager got to the pond, the SUV was submerged. Over the next several hours, her friends, then the ranch manager and his wife, and first responders tried to break the windows or find an escape hatch to get Chao out of the car, the Journal reported.

“The two deputies who were in the water standing on the submerged vehicle requested tools to break the window of the vehicle to perform a possible rescue. One EMS crew member donned water rescue PPE and entered the water with a Hallagan tool. One Firefighter entered the water wearing proper water PPE relaying tools to attempt rescue, several tools were used to attempt access to the victim,” the report said.

Eventually, the vehicle was towed out of the water and Chao was removed and found unresponsive, the Journal reported. Chao was declared deceased at the scene and not taken to a hospital. No autopsy was performed.

WTF?  They couldn't break the glass on it even using a Hallagan tool (it has a metal spike - it's exactly what you would expect to use)?  WTF are those windows made out of, and why?  I read that they are now double-paned glass, which isn't unheard of....but again, they should be breakable with the right tool.

Shit, I'd have brought a handgun down with me, put it up against the glass, and fired.  Just a weird f'n story.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

WTF?  They couldn't break the glass on it even using a Hallagan tool (it has a metal spike - it's exactly what you would expect to use)?  WTF are those windows made out of, and why?  I read that they are now double-paned glass, which isn't unheard of....but again, they should be breakable with the right tool.

Bro do you want to survive the apocalypse in your Tesla or not? Your vehicle is your CASTLE! And it should be IMPENETRABLE!

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

18 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

She got involved with a trans person after him, he’s still an adolescent in spirit, so it’s honestly not surprising how he acts towards the LBGTQ folks.

It is creepy how desperate he is to be liked.  Why can’t he be like other divorced dads and just go hit the bars and pick up strippers.

Wait, after you get divorced the strippers sleep with you? 

BRB, running to the county clerk office. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Shit, I'd have brought a handgun down with me, put it up against the glass, and fired.  Just a weird f'n story.

So much of what Tesla does is “fixing” things that have been perfected like door handles and turn signal stalks. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

First, it was people tossing iPads into blenders to see if they could "blend".  Now it's people firing .50 caliber into their Cybertruck to see if it really is bulletproof.

“Bullet proof” but not against the round most commonly used in random mass shooting events.

This was always so dumb, vehicles that are truly armored against small arms fire are so heavy and inefficient that they can’t be lived with in regular life. There is a formula for doing it and it’s just thicker metal.  And the glass all weighs a crazy amount. Elon didn’t invent a new alloy. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Swinging that thing underwater may not easy

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Wait, after you get divorced the strippers sleep with you? 

BRB, running to the county clerk office. 

I don’t know, I just assume that based on a few divorced people I know, and I didn’t ask if they actually slept with them.

My plan is way different - I know plenty of single/divorced women, who are good people and who would make good girlfriends/wives, and that I maintain good friendships with, just in case I ever get divorced.

Being divorced with Elon’s money though, holy fucking shit, I wouldn’t spend my days/evenings trying to get basement dwelling neckbeards to like me on Twitter.

I’d be on a yacht, sailing the Mediterranean or the Caribbean with a crew who all signed NDAs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Being divorced with Elon’s money though, holy fucking shit, I wouldn’t spend my days/evenings trying to get basement dwelling neckbeards to like me on Twitter.

I’d be on a yacht, sailing the Mediterranean or the Caribbean with a crew who all signed NDAs.

Greg GIF by SuccessionHBO

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don’t know, I just assume that based on a few divorced people I know, and I didn’t ask if they actually slept with them.

My plan is way different - I know plenty of single/divorced women, who are good people and who would make good girlfriends/wives, and that I maintain good friendships with, just in case I ever get divorced.

I feel like maintaining a bench of close single and divorced women friends is a sure-fire way to convince the universe (well, my wife) to divorce me.  But I dig your chutzpah. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I feel like maintaining a bench of close single and divorced women friends is a sure-fire way to convince the universe (well, my wife) to divorce me.  But I dig your chutzpah. 

Especially if a few are your wife’s friends.

1706473795361?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=TQHE

• Haha 1

While we're on the subject of illegal immigrants and whether they should be granted citizenship... a lot of people are talking about deporting the illegal immigrant, Elon Musk, who entered the US illegally and then lied on his citizenship application. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2