Caleb Harris, the disappearing A&M CC kid

immamac

Posted (edited)

Okay, so we're like a few months away from Nicole selling "Rainey Street Victim" ribbons at the Surly tailgate to raise money for their funerals?  And we're all just gonna pretend like we don't know what's going on?  

Nicole:  "WHO?  WHO?  Who will not wear the ribbon?!?!?!?"

Edited by YGIFS
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Deej said:

Can we be careful not to set up the Surly Tailgates anywhere too close to a campus fountain or Waller Creek?

I'd make damn sure she's not going to any UT/LSU games 'on the bayou'.   

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Helobious said:

Most places have a $0 delivery fee on orders over $10-15 or so. And I’ve never seen a delivery fee be more than like $5 on any order. I’m sorry you’re old and don’t like technology. 

I use Uber Eats about once a week, and it's not the "delivery fee,'  it's the service fees -- the restaurant delivery fees are pretty small, but you're stuck with about a 20% "service fee" from UE on the order.

My most recent:

image.png.39b65e0b6b35f0e35d2d585ade9b7b28.png

And yeah, I never order unless I have a promotion.  I'm cheap like that.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Service fee isn’t that bad when you subtract what the gas from the trip would’ve cost you

My most common lunch delivery order if I'm too busy to leave and there's nothing to eat in the house is Jersey Mike's. There's about 4 other places within rock throwing distance of that Jersey Mike's, so it's a good center pin for a Google maps distance measurement. from my house to the Jersey Mike's parking lot is 4.49 miles, so lets round up and call it 9 miles round trip. The gas station has regular unleaded for $2.99 a gallon and my gas hog Tundra gets 14 miles to the gallon, so that's roughly .65 gallons of gas for that round trip, which works out to $1.95. Your total delivery cost for Beau Vine's order above including service fee, delivery charge, and tip is $13.53, so unless the round trip to the restaurant is closer to 60 miles, the fuel you would spend to get there and back is less than 15% of fees and tip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Service fee isn’t that bad when you subtract what the gas from the trip would’ve cost you

I don't really give a shit about this, but gas is MAX $2.99 a gallon. how many gallons of gas are you using to go get food to use up a $6.00 service fee?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

I don't really give a shit about this, but gas is MAX $2.99 a gallon. how many gallons of gas are you using to go get food to use up a $6.00 service fee?

Not the whole fee obviously, but you’re reducing it by $.50 or like a dollar at least

54 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

Sometimes I’m just willing to pay for the convenience.  My time is valuable, and I can’t go to the restaurant when I’m in my underwear and half drunk.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Sometimes I’m just willing to pay for the convenience.  My time is valuable, and I can’t go to the restaurant when I’m in my underwear and half drunk.

This. I don’t want to clean my house, wash my own car, etc. Sometimes the calculus works that I would rather pay someone to bring me food rather than get in my car.

4 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I'm with you on that jrbb. just saying a $6.00 fee is at least 40 miles to make up for that delivery fee from 1/2 mile away.

• Hook 'Em 1

Oh yes you can.
They’ll give you some dirty looks, but trust me…you can.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

I just ordered some roasted cauliflower, a diet coke, and two fiji waters via room service and it was $45 after tip. 

What were we saying about delivery apps?

Britney Spears What GIF

That order 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 3/13/2024 at 5:09 PM, Beau Vine said:

I use Uber Eats about once a week, and it's not the "delivery fee,'  it's the service fees -- the restaurant delivery fees are pretty small, but you're stuck with about a 20% "service fee" from UE on the order.

My most recent:

image.png.39b65e0b6b35f0e35d2d585ade9b7b28.png

And yeah, I never order unless I have a promotion.  I'm cheap like that.

Yeah I guess that's an OK deal and all, but for the same price you coulda gotten a gas station hotdog and two six-packs of beer to drink outside the store.

• Drool 2

On 3/13/2024 at 7:27 PM, Js1 said:

Isn’t there usually a markup on the food via the apps? It might be $8.99 in person but $10.99 on the app

But you aren't taking into account how much weed I've smoked. 

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

one of the best uses I've found for the air fryer. 

I renewed a relationship with hash browns and french fries because of my new Breville does everything oven.   Air fried Apple bacon wrapped asparagus and/or brussel sprouts w/olive oil salt pepper and bacon are also a regular now. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Paper_jam said:

Seems to me the Mizzou kid is getting way more national media coverage than the CC A&M kid. 

One disappeared in a very popular city for tourists around the country. The other disappeared in Corpus Christi, a somewhat popular city for Texas tourists. 

On 3/15/2024 at 9:00 AM, Gatorubet said:

I would love to attend that, standing up about a third of the way through and saying, “Wait a minute - this isn’t a meeting of baby organ harvesters? …and walk out.

And the worst part is because of the delivery fees and timing, the organs aren't even warm anymore when you get the adrenochrome.  Sorry, but I thought this was 'Murica!  

11 hours ago, YGIFS said:

And the worst part is because of the delivery fees and timing, the organs aren't even warm anymore when you get the adrenochrome.  Sorry, but I thought this was 'Murica!  

And good luck with an UberEats driver finding any fava beans or a nice Chianti. 

• Haha 2

Sad, sad, sad ….

JUST IN: A $25,000 reward has been offered for the safe return of missing 21-year-old Caleb Harris who dissapeared without a trace from The Cottages Apartments on Ennis Joslin Road on March 4, 2024 around 3 a.m. SPREAD THE WORD!

IMG_9399.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

Have they looked under and around that bridge ?

#UPDATE - CALEB HARRIS: Police Uncover Timeline and Look through Surveillance Footage in Ongoing Investigation

As the search for missing Texas A&M Corpus Christi student Caleb Harris enters its third week, detectives from the Corpus Christi Police Department, alongside federal and state partners, are working tirelessly to piece together the events leading up to his disappearance.

Through interviews with Harris's roommates, friends, and family, as well as a review of surveillance camera footage, detectives have established a timeline for the night Harris vanished. The investigation has revealed that Harris spent the evening of March 3rd playing video games with a friend and roommates, before heading outside with a puppy at approximately 12:56 AM on March 4th.

A doorbell camera captured Harris, his friend, and a roommate in the parking lot, but nothing appeared out of the ordinary. The three returned to Harris's apartment, and their friend departed shortly after.

At approximately 2:20 AM, Harris told his roommate that he was going to stay up to order snacks via UberEats. Harris then shared a Snapchat video with his sister at approximately 2:44 AM, showing him walking the puppy in the apartment complex parking lot.

Harris sent another Snapchat photo to a high school friend in San Antonio at approximately 3:03 AM, depicting a small bridge near the apartment complex. This is the last known location data from Harris's cell phone.

The UberEats driver delivered Harris's order at approximately 3:20 AM, leaving it outside the front door. Harris's roommates discovered the order and his pickup truck still parked outside at around 11:00 AM on Monday morning, prompting them to report him missing.

Detectives have searched Harris's apartment and found no signs of struggle or violence. They have also interviewed the UberEats driver, who was eliminated as a suspect.

The investigation has collected over 600 GB of electronic data, and detectives have written 16 search warrants, submitted over 70 preservation requests, and issued 14 subpoenas for electronic data.

The investigative team, consisting of local and federal agencies, continues to meet daily to share information and plot the course of the investigation.

As the search continues, the community remains vigilant, hoping for Harris's safe return.