With us entering the SEC....

Earl Haffler

Personally speaking, for me to give a shit about the other SEC teams (at least the ones outside of aggy and arky) then the SEC had better do a 9 game conference schedule and some sort of regular rotation so we see the other SEC teams on some sort of frequent basis.  Hard to work up any kind of hate for a team if Texas will only face them once every 12 years and will come to Austin once every two decades.  

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, ScottS said:

Personally speaking, for me to give a shit about the other SEC teams (at least the ones outside of aggy and arky) then the SEC had better do a 9 game conference schedule and some sort of regular rotation so we see the other SEC teams on some sort of frequent basis.  Hard to work up any kind of hate for a team if Texas will only face them once every 12 years and will come to Austin once every two decades.  

The Bama tards here in Dallas hate us plenty because we refused to bow down and kiss the ring.  I for one and looking forward to stomping the fuck out of all these mouth breathing sister fuckers.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Are you referencing the QB Del Rio who played at UF in the mid-2010s? If not, please explain. Actually, explain either way. 

I’m retarded I meant Kitna Pedo

• Drool 1

I’ve developed a real hatred for Texas Tech over the last 10-16 years. I hope they lose every game they play against their new rivals Cincinnati and UCF. We’ll see if they can fill the Overton hotel on those weekends. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Zeus said:

I just can’t wait to watch a physical tough Texas football game where our players aren’t going to be thrown out for blowing up a WR screen. Can’t wait to watch a game that doesn’t have 35 official reviews and little meetings and bull shit calls.

We get a whole season of last years Alabama game. I’m looking forward to legit college football. 

thinking on it overnight this post wins page 1

if we have 2 inside guys with first-round talent they will draw flags

as we saw with bammer obvious egregious pass coverage WILL BE flagged

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, SurlyGator said:

Just want to get on record as NOT being one of these new SEC trolls.  Been around a long time.  Not HornFans long, but Shaggy at least (was there an iteration between HF and Shaggy?).  No UT connection, but a TX native, and you assholes' sense of humor works for me.  I feel like a somewhat welcome foreigner around here.  Kind of like this:

we need to get a new tag: APPROVED FURNER so you don't get negged away

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

I’ve developed a real hatred for Texas Tech over the last 10-16 years. I hope they lose every game they play against their new rivals Cincinnati and UCF. We’ll see if they can fill the Overton hotel on those weekends. 

it's amazing to me how those dipshits couldn't recognize that shitting on us would cost them 15% of their tourist traffic every other year

if they had been AT ALL contrite and appreciative the past 25 years we would have kept them as an annual game while we remain at 8 in the league

what's worse is they really had a chance to move up in the world after the pirate made them relevant - despite adopting the 0u approach to pass blocking

tceh could have been a contender and could have counterbalanced the league office' officiating execution we've witnessed the past 15 years

what they did the last 2 years sealed their fate - they are not rapelor or roach who we will never willingly schedule again - but they are now behind oSu and isu on the seniority list to get a game in the 30's.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Like it or not, prime time college football is played in The SEC and The Big Ten.  I hate to say it, but The Aggies were right to make the move a decade ago.  The Horns should’ve made the move first.  For as long as I can remember as a long-time season-ticket holder, home foes at DKR have been mostly mediocre at best to downright pathetic playing in a conference where the only headlining opponent was played away from home at a neutral site.  In this aspect, it will be a pleasure getting to know our new conference brethren.  But with that said, f—k em’ all.  Time to take this new bitch over

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Lat22 said:

Will be fun once reality sets in and you get the Lubbock Chamber of Commerse trying to beg/bully mean ol Texas into coming to town for football once every few years again...

On 4/6/2024 at 12:17 PM, Vic Mackey said:
On 4/6/2024 at 10:22 AM, billfromlaketravis said:
Yes it's gone dormant, but piggy is a natural and longtime rival. I could give a shit about hating the others. 
I love watching SEC conference games. It does mean more. Looking to forward the move. 

Exactly how do the games mean more in the SEC?

They don’t. It’s a ridiculous take. 

I liked a couple of other Big 12 teams. I’m sure I’ll like a couple of SEC teams, but in the end, fuck all of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a passing interest in Coug High hoops. A coworker’s son is a big part of the team. If they throw me some tickets, I’ll go. 

I hope the university continues to grow and improve to educate the city’s youth. A lot of first and second generation college students want to stay close to home. It’s critical these graduates add talent to the state’s work force. 

• Like 1

Like it or not, prime time college football is played in The SEC and The Big Ten.  I hate to say it, but The Aggies were right to make the move a decade ago.  The Horns should’ve made the move first.  For as long as I can remember as a long-time season-ticket holder, home foes at DKR have been mostly mediocre at best to downright pathetic playing in a conference where the only headlining opponent was played away from home at a neutral site.  In this aspect, it will be a pleasure getting to know our new conference brethren.  But with that said, f—k em’ all.  Time to take this new bitch over
I think we should have gone west and saved the Pac, but that's just me. All the Pac leadership had to do is either tolerate LHN for a few years until the contract ran out, or negotiate with ESPN like the SEC did. Instead they chose the "unalive themselves" option, and here we are. There's no way a Pac that included USC, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon, Washington (all the others I can't be bothered to type) PLUS Texas, OU, Tceh and Okie Lite wouldn't be a worthy rival for the B1G and SEC. The 3 super conferences could have added all the worthwhile programs that make geographic sense, leaving all the left behinds to form their own conference..geographic sense be damned. Ahh well, C'est la vie.

• Hook 'Em 3

Texas fans are in for a rude awakening w/r/t SEC refs.  
Maybe so, but there was a stark difference between playing Bama in Austin with Rig12 refs versus Tuscaloosa with SEC zebras. I can't be the only one that noticed the refreshing lack of 10 minute game stoppages for what should be easy to spot on replay in about 10 seconds, and pretty much allowing receivers and DB's to do battle without ticky tacky bullshit.

Of course that was only one crew, the SEC may be just as bad, but from the few SEC vs SEC games I watched the games seemed to flow much better.
  • Hook 'Em 4

I am perfectly content to completely ignore Baylor, TTU, UH, TCU moving forward. Never really cared about Okie State, WV, Iowa State, or Kansas, good luck to them. Hat tip to Kansas State...incredible what Bill Snyder started there and they have my respect. 

I'm very excited about the SEC with one (maybe)unpopular caveat. I hate re-engaging with A&M. I know how important the rivalry is. I went to Bonfire in HS (a couple of my best friends were Aggie legacies). I will never forget being at the '98 game when Ricky broke the record. I just seriously hate everything about the culture and overall aura at Texas A&M and being associated with them again. I really enjoyed the hiatus and would've been happy if it lasted forever. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Never really despised any big 12 teams with the exception of Baylor.  Plan on rooting against ou, aggy, lsu, bama and I think that’s it.  I’m not rooting for anyone though.   I will be much more likely to watch a random sec game va a random big 12 game

With regard to the Irate 8/Whatever Conference ... and our new Conference mates in the SECSECSEC...

"I will think about them with that stupid look on their faces ... I'll finish my coffee, leave the paper for Sid to wrap fish in, and never think of them again."

When you hate someone or something, that occupies space in your head... rent free space. They don't deserve it.

The opposite of love is NOT hate but apathy.

When they think of us, they can hate or fear us. As for us ... why think of them at all?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Texas fans are in for a rude awakening w/r/t SEC refs.  

you say this like we somehow had a fucking advantage with Big 12 refs the last 10 years? 

i mean holy shit, esp these last 3 years we've been fucked without concent or lube more often than a female Baylor athlete 

we MIGHT have gotten slightly favorable reffing in our 2000s heyday, but that ship sailed LOOONNNG ago. and the last 3 years since the announcement have been a clinic in how to get fucked by the refs.

Saban-less Bama aint getting the same calls they got with him, and considering we havent seen anything close to unbiased reffing in 15 years, even it its SLIGHLY in the other DEC teams favor, that still gives us a much better chance than we've had 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/6/2024 at 9:27 AM, Earl Haffler said:

...will you start following, hating, making fun of, SEC teams more than BIG12 teams?  For instance, will you be more interested in the success or failure of Auburn, Arky, Miss St, and Vandy  than Baylor, TCU, Tech and UH?

Or will proximity bias still tie you to regional teams rather than conference teams?

I live in Nashville so the Texas teams don't mean shit to me other than how they affect the success of TEXAS athletics and now they don't so I don't give a shit at all.

Thoughts?

I’ve never had conference allegiance and never will.

When you live in Texas, you’re exposed to fan bases that are close to you because it’s such a large state with large population. It’s completely different than all of those tiny moonshine guzzling butt fuck cities in Tennessee. 

It doesn’t make sense to compare Nashville to anywhere in Texas.

I am excited about competing against others with lower educational standards. I do believe Texas has a lot of T-shirt fans. The SEC has a ton of T-shirt fans with more passion that can’t spell ‘college.’

• Haha 1

I lived in Lake Charles from the late ‘90s to ‘08. LSU fans galore there too. I never saw an “SEC” sticker on a vehicle in all my travels from there East to Florida for business/vacation.

It wasn’t until aggy joined that the “SEC” emblem on a vehicle was created -IMO. Prior to them (aggy) most LSU fans I knew was - if it wasn’t “us” then F the rest. Local/surrounding conference mates’ success just might hurt future recruiting, regardless of the sport.

Hook’em!!!

12 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

I’ve never had conference allegiance and never will.

When you live in Texas, you’re exposed to fan bases that are close to you because it’s such a large state with large population. It’s completely different than all of those tiny moonshine guzzling butt fuck cities in Tennessee. 

It doesn’t make sense to compare Nashville to anywhere in Texas.

I am excited about competing against others with lower educational standards. I do believe Texas has a lot of T-shirt fans. The SEC has a ton of T-shirt fans with more passion that can’t spell ‘college.’

Having lived in Austin and Nashville, I can tell you they are very similar.  

And there are FAR more rednecks in Texas than in Tennessee.

1 minute ago, Earl Haffler said:

Having lived in Austin and Nashville, I can tell you they are very similar.  

And there are FAR more rednecks in Texas than in Tennessee.

No shit Texas is like the 2nd or 3rd most populous state in the country.  There are a lot more white oriole, black people, Asian folk, queer folk, old dudes, kids, dogs, and on and on than in Tennessee.

I don’t give a fuck about any team but Texas. Hate some, really hate a few. Don’t care about the rest. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Beating on our little brother will be fun, but I loathe the fact that I will now be missing a bunch of away games each year.

I just flat out refuse to spend my hard earned money flying across the fucking country because some fucking TV exec assholes and sec administrators have to mold the sport how they see fit.

Fuck those fucking fascist bastards, making me miss a pile of away games going forward let alone the binge drinking that I will now forego.

I hope they all get herpes in the center of their fucking assholes and get leprosy and some other horrific shit that involves cancer. To all of them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 6:09 PM, Zeus said:

Bring a Gator fan, I’ve got a lot of hate built up against Georgia, LSU, and Bama. 

To me the other teams are on a lower tier than us and I really don’t care or hate them too much. 

I just can’t wait to watch a physical tough Texas football game where our players aren’t going to be thrown out for blowing up a WR screen. Can’t wait to watch a game that doesn’t have 35 official reviews and little meetings and bull shit calls. 

We get a whole season of last years Alabama game. I’m looking forward to legit college football. 

image.gif.333dbcf1f7555a0c06643708aa6cb663.gif

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, redswingline said:

Beating on our little brother will be fun, but I loathe the fact that I will now be missing a bunch of away games each year.

I just flat out refuse to spend my hard earned money flying across the fucking country because some fucking TV exec assholes and sec administrators have to mold the sport how they see fit.

Fuck those fucking fascist bastards, making me miss a pile of away games going forward let alone the binge drinking that I will now forego.

I hope they all get herpes in the center of their fucking assholes and get leprosy and some other horrific shit that involves cancer. To all of them.

Jeez dude, take 20% off the top there.

This is an overly dramatic, terrible take.  So much wrong here.  Lamenting that you won’t get to travel to scenic big 12 towns like Lubbock, Ames, Manhattan, or Stillwater?  I refuse to believe anyone can argue in good faith that these are better road trips than Nashville, Athens, Baton Rouge or Oxford.  

Also, I don’t understand the flying point because it is not like the SEC is more geographically inconvenient than the big 12.  Have you ever driven to Lubbock?  It’s miserable and takes like 9 hours.  Baton Rouge, Fayetville and the Mississippi schools are all closer or comparable distances.

Calling ESPN execs “fascist” is the dumbest, most nonsensical overreaction I’ve seen on this board and that is a high bar.  I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

Finally, zero chance you forego binge drinking during football season.  Most unbelievable take in the entire post, honestly.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

No shit Texas is like the 2nd or 3rd most populous state in the country.  There are a lot more white oriole, black people, Asian folk, queer folk, old dudes, kids, dogs, and on and on than in Tennessee.

I don’t give a fuck about any team but Texas. Hate some, really hate a few. Don’t care about the rest. 

Hey, if it weren't for Tennesseans, y'all would be speaking Spanish and illegally crossing the border into the US at the Red River.

• Haha 1

In have hated every other team in the Big 12 for my entire life. I have always hated atm and arky in particular growing up in the SWC days. I record every aggy, tech, arky, and blowu game just in case they lose so I can watch it when I need to lift my spirits.

I never root for any team because they are also in the Big 12. I have pride in my alma mater exclusively, and everyone else can suck it.

I suspect my behavior will remain the same with SEC teams. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, redswingline said:

You could always move to the heart of SEC country to solve that problem. 

I hate and look down on Arkansas and aggy.  Beating them is rarely satisfying but losing to them is embarrassing. 

I hate ou but acknowledge them as a worthy adversary and w/ the CB venue, I think it's the best rivalry in cfb. 

I grew up in Baton Rouge going to most LSU home games until we moved to the DFW area in 7th grade, so they've always been my second favorite program; will be weird to be in the same conference w/ them.

I'm pretty indifferent to the rest of the SEC but I am looking forward to going to a lot of stadiums I've never attended. 

13 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

The only Texas Rig 12 school I might follow is TCU.    All the rest can go fuck themselves.  

I'll continue to pull for our Kansas State overlords. Also Iowa State and Kansas. They all beat us once in awhile. Big whoop. So did everybody else

I'll still enjoy tceh and baylor loses a lot as I have neighbors from those "schools." It'll take a long time before I care what SEC schools are doing other than being sick continued success (see Saban).

12 hours ago, Professor Chesney said:

Jeez dude, take 20% off the top there.

This is an overly dramatic, terrible take.  So much wrong here.  Lamenting that you won’t get to travel to scenic big 12 towns like Lubbock, Ames, Manhattan, or Stillwater?  I refuse to believe anyone can argue in good faith that these are better road trips than Nashville, Athens, Baton Rouge or Oxford.  

Also, I don’t understand the flying point because it is not like the SEC is more geographically inconvenient than the big 12.  Have you ever driven to Lubbock?  It’s miserable and takes like 9 hours.  Baton Rouge, Fayetville and the Mississippi schools are all closer or comparable distances.

Calling ESPN execs “fascist” is the dumbest, most nonsensical overreaction I’ve seen on this board and that is a high bar.  I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

Finally, zero chance you forego binge drinking during football season.  Most unbelievable take in the entire post, honestly.

This.  I usually flew to most road games but last year we road tripped to Tuscaloosa.  It was a blast.  Got up on Sunday morning, assessed that we weren't hungover, and hit the road.  No driving to Birmingham, wasting a couple hours in the airport, yada yada yada.  We're driving to Fayettenam this season because effing with that stupid Wal Mart airport is a pain in the ass.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

Unpopular opinion, ut should have stayed in the big 12 and ran the conference. The last thing ut athletics needs is more money ….

😂😂😂😂

’successful’ 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I have a passing interest in Coug High hoops. A coworker’s son is a big part of the team. If they throw me some tickets, I’ll go. 

I hope the university continues to grow and improve to educate the city’s youth. A lot of first and second generation college students want to stay close to home. It’s critical these graduates add talent to the state’s work force. 

I must have missed when Coog High started educating people.

Huh.

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Unpopular opinion, ut should have stayed in the big 12 and ran the conference. The last thing ut athletics needs is more money ….

😂😂😂😂

’successful’ 

I didn't listen to this because I find Finebaum to be pretty annoying, but Texas going to the SEC has NOTHING to do with aggy going there first.  It has everything to do with positioning ourselves best in the changing landscape of tv/NIL/playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

positioning ourselves best in the changing landscape of tv/NIL/playoffs.

This is correct.

The SCOTUS Alston decision happened on 6/21/21. The Houston Chronicle broke the story that Texas & ou would join the SEC on 7/21/21.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

😂😂😂😂

’successful’ 

Click bait. Listening to Finebaum is just pure entertainment. Get ready for more "poking the bear". We pissed in his Cheerios. Can't wait when we shut him up year after year.

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

😂😂😂😂

’successful’ 

Even for Pawl that’s a bad take. He must have caught some heat from Bama big wigs for pumping Texas up after we beat them. He probably believes the quickest way to piss us off is to compare us to aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/7/2024 at 8:10 AM, DFW Horn said:

We're neither Western nor Southern. We're TEXAS, godammit.

Texas will be the most western school in the conference.

But I yield on principle.

• Hook 'Em 1