Dad forces son to run on treadmill because he’s fat, son repeatedly hits head and…

Pancho

2 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

now i don't feel so bad about making my 6 year old be a cowboys fan.

That's okay, there were people who made their kids watch UT games from 2010 to 2020.

Glasses No GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

As a father I don’t need to watch the video, the words break my heart enough.

No punishment is strong enough for this deadbeat. 

Yeah.   I ain’t watching that.  But I’d love to have 2 minutes alone with that dad.  I’d beat his ass as close to death as possible with my bare hands while I made him look there at his dead son that he killed.  

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I’d beat his ass as close to death as possible with my bare hands while I made him look there at his dead son that he killed.  

Kind of weird that the dead son is still there tbh. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

More info. Douchebag and his wife were divorced. Reads like the poor kid was abused by this shitbag for a couple of years. The mother supposedly repeatedly reported the shitbag for abuse but looks like the state did nothing about it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/nj-v-christopher-gregor-treadmill-abuse-murder-trial/ar-AA1nBbw4

OMS RIVER, N.J. (Court TV) — The trial is underway in the case of a New Jersey father who allegedly forced his six-year-old son to run on a treadmill because he believed the boy was “too fat.” The child later died of injuries believed to be sustained from chronic abuse.

In court documents obtained by Court TV, investigators say surveillance footage from the fitness center at Gregor’s apartment complex shows Corey running on a treadmill as his father increases the speed on March 20, 2021. In the video, the boy stumbles and falls multiple times as he attempts to keep up. Gregor can be seen grabbing Corey by the shirt, and at one point, he appears to bite the child’s head.
Two weeks later, on April 2, Gregor said he brought his son to a hospital after the boy woke up from a nap stumbling, slurring his words, and experiencing nausea and shortness of breath. Corey was taken for a CT scan, where he began having seizures. Lifesaving measures were taken, but Corey could not be saved.

Dr. Dante Ragusa, an Ocean County medical examiner who performed an April 3 autopsy on Corey’s body, issued a finding on the cause of death: Blunt force injuries with cardiac and liver contusions with acute inflammation and sepsis. However, he did not rule on the manner of death; rather, he deemed it “undetermined.”

It wasn’t until a consulting forensic pathologist reviewed the case in September 2021 that the manner of death was determined to be homicide. Dr. Thomas Andrew believes Corey suffered an acute traumatic injury to the heart 4-12 hours before his death. Dr. Andrew found what he described as evidence of chronic abuse, including blunt impact injuries of the chest and abdomen with laceration of the heart, left pulmonary contusion, laceration and contusion of the liver.

Gregor was initially arrested for endangering the welfare of a child on July 7 for the treadmill incident. Authorities said he was “subsequently released as a consequence of New Jersey Bail Reform.” He was arrested for Corey’s murder on March 9, 2022.

Clarification: Gregor was charged in two separate incidents, each having different charges associated with them. The treadmill incident, which resulted in a charge of child endangerment (Count 1), occurred on March 20, 2021. On April 2, 2021 (Count 2), Corey died of blunt force trauma; no treadmill was involved. The charge of causing Corey’s death is described as Gregor “knowingly caused serious bodily injury resulting in the death of another.”

Gregor’s defense has also hired a consulting forensic pathologist who determined Corey’s manner of death was “natural.” Defense attorney Mario Gallucci clarified further in a written statement to Court TV that Corey’s death was caused by “complications from pneumonia.”

At the time of his death, the boy’s mother and Gregor shared joint custody. According to reports, Gregor was not present in Corey’s life until he was four. Corey’s mother, Breanna Micciolo, said she reported Gregor for abuse over 100 times, but no one took action. Breanna has since sued the New Jersey Division of Child Protection and Permanency for failing to protect Corey properly.

Gregor, who turned down a 30-year plea offer, is currently being held without bond in the Ocean County Jail. If convicted, he faces life in prison.

• Rage+1 6

Just now, High Plains Drifter said:

Didn't watch the video, and I'm not going to, but the kid doesn't look fat in the screenshot. 

Kid looked like a normal skinny kid. The shitbag dad could definitely lose a few pounds. I think the treadmill thing was just an excuse to abuse the kid. 

• Hook 'Em 6

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/17/us/new-jersey-boy-abuse-murder-charge/index.html

The 6-year-old’s mother and grandmother both feared Gregor was abusing the boy, according to the affidavit. His mother took him to a pediatrician and to a hospital the day before he died because of bruising on his body, the affidavit explains.

Both the mother and grandmother reported the alleged abuse to New Jersey’s Department of Child Protection and Permanency (DCP&P) on numerous occasions, according to the affidavit.

CNN reached out to DCP&P for comment Wednesday evening.

Other instances of alleged abuse against the child were detailed in the affidavit.

The child’s grandmother told police Gregor kept her grandson overnight against her will, and when he returned in the morning he had “blood on his shirt and mouth.” Separately, a past partner of Gregor told police that she observed Gregor throwing the child off a boat after getting angry while crabbing, later claiming he was just “rough housing,” according to the affidavit.

53 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Gregor was initially arrested for endangering the welfare of a child on July 7 for the treadmill incident. Authorities said he was “subsequently released as a consequence of New Jersey Bail Reform.” He was arrested for Corey’s murder on March 9, 2022.

This is almost certainly total bullshit and it's really annoying that they just printed uncorroborated copaganda in this story.

• Hook 'Em 7

In many of these situations mom has psych and or substance abuse issues. From having friends who foster, I know two who had young children (both toddlers) in their homes whom the court subsequently removed from foster in favor of blood relatives. In both cases they eventually returned to the foster families who were then allowed to adopt them. The lucky one came back with a cast on his arm. The other has cortical blindness from blunt trauma to the head

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This is almost certainly total bullshit and it's really annoying that they just printed uncorroborated copaganda in this story.

Yeah I noticed that gratuitous reference.

At the time he received bail, he was charged only with child endangerment.  Without minimizing that, that isn't a bail denial offense, typically speaking, bail reform or not.  The murder/homicide charges came later, and even those are not necessarily a bail denial offense.

Can't bring myself to watch the video,  but reading some of the reporting this guy wasn't even in his son's life for his first 4 years.  So he essentially just became a part of the poor boy's to torture him. At that age that kid was probably doing everything he could to be loved by his father.  I'm absolutely heartbroken for what that kid endured at such a young age. 

• Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, MAUFRAIS said:

now i don't feel so bad about making my 6 year old be a cowboys fan.

I don't know...sometimes I think death might be preferable to being a Cowboys fan.

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I don't know man.  It certainly appears that New Jersey passed bail reform - at least the Courts seem to say as much here

Criminal Justice Reform | NJ Courts

Surely the bond judge considered... the law, when granting bail.  Maybe you just don't like the fact that bail reform laws resulted in more people receiving bail.  Seems to me like when more people receive bail, sooner or later one of them is going to do something criminal. That doesn't make them special. Normal people commit crimes (everyday), why should people out on bail be any different? 

Bail is a constitutional right but, if I'm the judge that lets a child-abuser out on bail and that person goes on to kill the child, I'm losing sleep.  For a long while.

Internet says NJ doesn't have death penalty.  Would this be a capital crime/death penalty case in Texas?

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Yeah.   I ain’t watching that.  But I’d love to have 2 minutes alone with that dad.  I’d beat his ass as close to death as possible with my bare hands while I made him look there at his dead son that he killed.  

Okay, tough guy. 

"...and at one point, he appears to bite the child’s head."

In an appalling story, this really hit home. I can't fathom my father fucking biting me on the fucking head. That poor child. 

23 minutes ago, CoTex said:

I don't know man.  It certainly appears that New Jersey passed bail reform - at least the Courts seem to say as much here

Criminal Justice Reform | NJ Courts

Surely the bond judge considered... the law, when granting bail.  Maybe you just don't like the fact that bail reform laws resulted in more people receiving bail.  Seems to me like when more people receive bail, sooner or later one of them is going to do something criminal. That doesn't make them special. Normal people commit crimes (everyday), why should people out on bail be any different? 

Bail is a constitutional right but, if I'm the judge that lets a child-abuser out on bail and that person goes on to kill the child, I'm losing sleep.  For a long while.

Internet says NJ doesn't have death penalty.  Would this be a capital crime/death penalty case in Texas?

33 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah I noticed that gratuitous reference.

At the time he received bail, he was charged only with child endangerment.  Without minimizing that, that isn't a bail denial offense, typically speaking, bail reform or not.  The murder/homicide charges came later, and even those are not necessarily a bail denial offense.

Cops love to blame someone else for their own failures. Every time we hear about some guy murdering his whole family, and for many mass shooters, it turns out that the cops had investigated them multiple times and simply ignored substantial evidence of criminal activity and refused to arrest them. This kid's mom reported the dad for abuse over 100 times and the cops only arrested him once before the kid died? That's on them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Cops love to blame someone else for their own failures. Every time we hear about some guy murdering his whole family, and for many mass shooters, it turns out that the cops had investigated them multiple times and simply ignored substantial evidence of criminal activity and refused to arrest them. This kid's mom reported the dad for abuse over 100 times and the cops only arrested him once before the kid died? That's on them. 

I've learned that there is something special about a father and son.  Sons seem to me to really want to please their fathers and be admired.  They want dad to affirm them.  Kid probably died wishing he had tried harder to please dad.

This poor boy got two things from dad, physical abuse and emotional cruelty.  It's terrible.

• Hook 'Em 4

So Peloton's screen is showing snuff films now?  

One of you lawdogs that has a subscription to those services that show you where/when a certain person is incarcerated or transferred.  This one shouldn't be too tough.  

"...and at one point, he appears to bite the child’s head."

In an appalling story, this really hit home. I can't fathom my father fucking biting me on the fucking head. That poor child. 

Blanka Jr. just shrugs
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I think the words "toxic masculinity" are thrown around way too often, but this is the perfect example.

There's a dad across the fence who is teaching his kids to throw and catch baseballs. Let's call him Dr. Jekyll. Normally he's all hubba-bubba bland suburban comity and I'll toss balls back to his kids who lose them in our yard.

But once Serious Bidness Throwing Practice starts, he changes to focused Psycho Killer Dad and that's when I like to walk up to the fence, call his name until he stops practice, and offer him an old baseball that we found elsewhere. He looks like he wants to fight me every time . I've done it twice so far.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

51 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

There's a dad across the fence who is teaching his kids to throw and catch baseballs. Let's call him Dr. Jekyll. Normally he's all hubba-bubba bland suburban comity and I'll toss balls back to his kids who lose them in our yard.

But once Serious Bidness Throwing Practice starts, he changes to focused Psycho Killer Dad and that's when I like to walk up to the fence, call his name until he stops practice, and offer him an old baseball that we found elsewhere. He looks like he wants to fight me every time . I've done it twice so far.

My daughter stills tells stories about 11 year old soccer and her nutcase coach. Guy was a 5'3" tall rage-aholic.  

I'm going to add to my to do list today "think of ways I can help RD fuck with his asshole neighbor."  If I come up with anything clever I'll post up.

• Drool 1

7 minutes ago, CoTex said:

My daughter stills tells stories about 11 year old soccer and her nutcase coach. Guy was a 5'3" tall rage-aholic.  

I'm going to add to my to do list today "think of ways I can help RD fuck with his asshole neighbor."  If I come up with anything clever I'll post up.

Thanks, but I am free of neighbor rage at the moment. :) Most of them plopped around us about ten years ago as Young Professionals helped into a house by Mommydaddy, and there were growing-up pains for a couple of them. But now it's pretty mellow and if they can put up with my Crazy Hippy ass I can do the same for them.

3 hours ago, royiv said:

Okay, tough guy. 

Fair enough.  But I could…easily.  Not necessarily proud of it.  But but I could.  And this is the exact type of heel that needs it.  

4 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Not even running on a treadmill until he died?

Shit, give him a chance to go free. Suspend a treadmill with no rails over a pool of chloric acid. Run for 15 minutes at an 8 minute mile pace, and all is forgiven.

Just now, aggie08 said:

Shit, give him a chance to go free. Suspend a treadmill with no rails over a pool of chloric acid. Run for 15 minutes at an 8 minute mile pace, and all is forgiven.

Nope.  Default it to where he thought he could make it and have the battery auto-kill with 17 seconds left or something.  Fucker would run right into it.  

Apparently one of his teachers had reported bruises and other concerns before this. The poor people around this kid will now have distant thoughts for the rest of their lives on whether they could have done more. Multiple people affected because of this one, evil shitbird.

• Rage+1 1

I've got a 20 month old son.  I can't imagine being such a piece of shit to do something like that to my child.  This guy deserves to be in prison for the rest of his life and I hope the people in prison remind him with daily beatings what a shitty human he is.

• Hook 'Em 1