Rand Paul was always a Piece of Shit

Hugo Stiglitz

15 hours ago, YChang said:

I have a soft spot for Rand’s dad... the only time I reached out to a govt official,  his office really helped expedite some of the snafus with the SS office to fix a mistake with my SS card. I was too young to really remember Ron’s time in office. But other than his stances on the federal reserve, taxes etc... he wasn’t... despicable like Rand was he?

No he wasn’t. He was apparently a terrible father though. 

24 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Pointing out Rand’s own conflicting views, flip flops on votes, and words he says doesn’t deter our favorite principled libertarian from undying support. 

I have pointed out areas of agreement and disagreement. Sorry about that. I realize that that is not the preferred approach of this thread. 

• Like 3

And I do think there is a very good chance somebody (several somebodies) makes a few runs at trying to kill the whistleblower and harm their family if they are revealed.

It won't be like Blasey-Ford's threats, or TexAgs posters harassing random people they think are Randolph Duke.

If they can identify their family, could easily see one of these nuts killing/injuring the whistleblower's parent(s) or sibling(s).

Regarding Christine Ford's claims and the media's alleged rush to run with them, let's get GRHorn and his buddies to comment on the EXACT timeline of those allegations.  I fucking dare you, every one of you bootlicking sycophants, I dare you to comment on how the media is to blame when this is how it played out.  Key takeaway:  "As Kavanaugh's nomination proceeded, Ford said she decided she did not want to go public with her accusations given the expectation that he would be confirmed. She told the Post that her thinking was, 'Why suffer through the annihilation if it's not going to matter?'"

Spoiler
Here's everything we know about how the nomination arrived at this point:
  • The early 1980s: Christine Ford said that while she and Kavanaugh were high school students at their respective schools in Maryland, they both went to a party. Ford alleged that at this party, she was pushed into a bedroom and an inebriated Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed while his friend Mark Judge was watching and laughing. She said Kavanaugh groped her, tried to take off her clothes and placed his hand over her mouth when she tried to scream. Ford said she managed to escape when Judge jumped on top of them. Kavanaugh and Judge have denied the allegations, and Ford said she did not speak about the incident for years. Ford told The Washington Post that she thought it happened in the summer of 1982, when she would have been 15 and the newspaper said Kavanaugh would have been 17.
  • 2012: While at couples therapy with her husband, Ford told the Post she described the alleged incident in detail for the first time. Her husband, Russell Ford, recalled to the Post that she talked during their 2012 sessions about the incident, mentioning Kavanaugh's last name and that he was a federal judge who might be on the Supreme Court eventually. Ford provided portions of the therapist's notes to the paper, which described an incident without mentioning Kavanaugh by name. The Post said the notes referred to four boys involved, which Ford said was an error made by her therapist. Ford told the Post four boys at the party, but only two were in the room.
  • 2013: Notes from an individual therapy session said Ford talked about a "rape attempt" from when she was a teenager, according to the Post.
  • July 2018: Ford reached out to the Post's tip line as Kavanaugh's name appeared on the shortlist to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy. "Around the same time," the Post said, Ford contacted her member of Congress, California Democratic Rep. Anna Eshoo.
  • July 9, 2018: President Donald Trump nominated Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court.
  • Late July: Ford opted to contact California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein via a letter through Eshoo's office. In the letter, Ford requests Feinstein keep the matter confidential.
  • Early August: On the advice of her attorney Debra Katz, Ford took a polygraph test. The Post said Katz provided the paper with the results of the test, which was administered by a former FBI agent. The results concluded Ford was truthful when she said a statement summarizing her allegations was accurate, according to the newspaper.
  • Late August: As Kavanaugh's nomination proceeded, Ford said she decided she did not want to go public with her accusations given the expectation that he would be confirmed. She told the Post that her thinking was, "Why suffer through the annihilation if it's not going to matter?"
  • September 4-7: The Senate Judiciary Committee holds contentious hearings on Kavanaugh in which the nominee was lauded by Republicans and faced with regular interruptions from protesters. No mention is made of the allegations that would surface days later in the media.
  • September 12: The Intercept reported that Feinstein is in possession of a letter detailing an accusation against Kavanaugh and that she would not provide the letter to other members of the committee.
  • September 13: Feinstein said she received information on Kavanaugh and had "referred the matter to federal investigative authorities." CNN reported that Feinstein had forwarded a letter to the FBI relating to alleged misconduct by Kavanaugh while he was in high school and that the letter Feinstein sent had all the names redacted except for Kavanaugh's.
  • September 14: The New Yorker reported on the substance of the allegations without naming Ford. CNN reported on details of the allegations. Mark Judge, who was reported that day to have been Kavanaugh's friend in the room, denied the allegations in an interview with the conservative Weekly Standard. The White House issued a statement from Kavanaugh denying the allegations.
  • September 16: The Washington Post published an article in which Ford comes forward and details her allegations. The White House reiterated Kavanaugh's statement denying the incident occurred.
  • September 17: Katz said Ford would be willing to speak publicly with lawmakers as key senators voiced interest in delaying a vote on Kavanaugh's nomination. The White House stood by Kavanaugh, who was seen entering the building and who issued a new statement again denying the allegations and saying he would be willing to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee in an effort to clear his name. Maine Republican Sen. Susan Collins became one of the key undecided senators to say she welcomed testimony from both Kavanaugh and Ford. Iowa GOP Sen. Chuck Grassley, the committee chairman, said, "Anyone who comes forward as Dr. Ford has deserves to be heard, so I will continue working on a way to hear her out in an appropriate, precedented and respectful manner."

Come on, boys.  Let's hear it.  Let's hear how the mainstream media rushed to smear Kavanaugh with no discretion.  Come on.  Do it.

30 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait, what?  Am I late to the reveal?  Link please.

You serious Clark?  They've been harassing people they think are @Randolph Duke for years, going back to probably before Shaggy.  A lot of it's online, but if I recall, they were trying to mess with some people in real life.

If the whistleblower's name is leaked, TexAgs will probably ignore Randolph Duke for quite a long time while they go after the whistleblower.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

All of that happened to her prior to November 2018 (although I'm sure she occasionally gets harassed online, incels have a lot of free time).   And she didn't lose her job - the university said it's a just a matter of when/if she decides to go back.

But where is she in 2019?  And how long did her experience last?

Well, last week, she was giving a public speech after accepting an award at her local YMCA.  She was accompanied by her massive security detail son.

And what did she say of her ordeal?  Well, she mentioned it while paying tribute to civil rights activist Dolores Huerta:

"My experience lasted only a few months. Dolores, your entire life is an inspiration."

Now, I could be wrong, but I'm willing to bet that if the whistleblower is outted, a year from now they won't be publicly accepting an award from their fucking local YMCA, accompanied by their child.

And again, I could be wrong, but I'm willing to bet that the whistleblower is not going to parrot Blasey-Ford's comment of "My experience lasted only a few months."

Because Kavanaugh doesn't have a cult of personality around him like Trump does.  Kavanaugh wasn't on twitter screaming "DO SOMETHING!".  Kavanaugh still made it to the USSC.

But this?  This is kind of leaving a bit of a mark on Trump.  This is going to help see him get his ass kicked at the voting booth next year.  This could see his family (and fortune) drastically affected.  This is going to see him on twitter barking out orders to his legion of incels and MAGATs to do "DO SOMETHING!"

This seems like a bizarre hill to die on.  She had to move four times, hire private security, and still is unable to return to her prior job because of harassment, but she landed on her feet, so all good.  I wasn't aware it was a contest between the whistleblower and Blasey Ford as to who can be treated worse.  Hell, let's add in Anita Hill and the owners of Ping Pong Pizza while we're at it. 

This treatment isn't okay whether it's a few months or a few years.  And the trump era GOP seems hellbent on riling up its base to go after their "enemies," whether real or made up.

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

This seems like a bizarre hill to die on.  She had to move four times, hire private security, and still is unable to return to her prior job because of harassment, but she landed on her feet, so all good.  I wasn't aware it was a contest between the whistleblower and Blasey Ford as to who can be treated worse.  Hell, let's add in Anita Hill and the owners of Ping Pong Pizza while we're at it. 

This treatment isn't okay whether it's a few months or a few years.  And the trump era GOP seems hellbent on riling up its base to go after their "enemies," whether real or made up.

My comment was that the shitstorm she faced over those months will be nothing like the whistleblower's shitstorm, and I do think somebody will make a serious attempt at killing said whistleblower or somebody close to him.  

Trump just has too large of a personality cult.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

My comment was that the shitstorm she faced over those months will be nothing like the whistleblower's shitstorm, and I do think somebody will make a serious attempt at killing said whistleblower or somebody close to him.  

Trump just has too large of a personality cult.

62% of Republicans say there there's literally nothing Trump could do to make them stop supporting him (poll that just came out).

Which is why a principled Libertarian who believes in limited government authority (cough, Rrand) has sold his soul to both support Trump and rabidly attack any person or fact that could harm the God-king.  Because fighting to the death for a God-king is the most libertarian thing that a libertarian ever libertarianed.

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Rand Paul just introduced an amendment to clarify that:

1. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg should also be retroactively granted whistleblower status.  

2. The actual whistleblower should be publicly drawn and quartered, unless he can definitively prove that he cleared the whistleblower complaint with the Kremlin first.  

I'm sure that #2 is a joke, but is #1? I realize that's an absurd question to ask, but it's not out of the realm of possibility for rand paul these days.

19 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Outside of high school wrestling, I've never been in a fight in my life.

If Rand Paul were to want to throw down, I would so relish the chance.  What a despicable, insolent little pussy he is.

get in line.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/31/sen-rand-paul-awarded-after-neighbor-broke-six-his-ribs-attack/

I read up about that dude.  Retired guy that got steadily angry at the way Paul landscaped. I see his point so that says something about me, sadly.  First, planting trees that blocked his view of the lake and also cutting his lawn to the nub as opposed to  a more pleasing length. He like everybody else in the hood used a lawn service but Rand liked doing his own. Which is cool but he is gone a lot so his lawn always looked rough since it depended on when he had last cut it instead of how a lawn service would do it at a steady scheduled time. It is also probably why he cut it to the nub.

Rand would have brush piles from his trees in his yard and when the neighbor complained to the HOA, Rand started piling up the branches near his property line. The guy hauled one pile away at his expense and then at a later time,  burned another one the day before the attack.He said he got burns from that effort and it added to his anger.  Rand must have gotten mad about that and started another pile. What a dick, but the other guy wasn't any better so when he saw that, he bummed rushed Rand who had just gotten off his riding mower and had his back to him. The rush caused Rand to fall down a slope so that might have caused greater injury than otherwise. The guy deserved to pay Rand for hurting him and expressed remorse for how much damage he had done. Only Rand wasn't satisfied with the guy's original sentence and pushed for greater punishment. Last verdict was that the guy had to pay Rand half a million. He sold his house and gave Rand the proceeds and still owes him about 100000.

I bet he slow pays Rand that money. That is what I'd do. 

This popped up today -- John McCain completely blasting Rand Paul for scuttling an otherwise unanimous bipartisan vote voicing the United States' support for bringing Montenegro into NATO, because Rand is Putin's bitch.  Rand actually entered the chambers minutes before, objected, and then left:

Edited by jimmyjazz

Rand Paul circa 2014:

"I stand with the people of Ukraine against subjugation and support their efforts to restore freedom," he said. "The Ukrainian people must be free to determine the fate and future of their own nation without unwarranted military or political intimidation from Russia."

"The real problem is that Russia's president is not currently fearful or threatened in any way by America's President, despite his country's blatant aggression," Paul said. "But let me be clear: If I were President, I wouldn't let Vladimir Putin get away with it."

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/03/10/Rand-Paul-outlines-how-hed-respond-to-Putins-actions-in-Ukraine/18491394487162/

This guy is just amazing. No principles, at all. Does not care even one iota about the people he represents or his country as a whole. 

If Rand's neighbor wants to run against him the next time he is up for re-election I will donate to the cause. Ron Paul was a bit out there, but he had actual principles. His son is a coward who has no business being an elected official. 

On 11/10/2019 at 10:38 PM, UpperWestside said:

This guy is just amazing. No principles, at all. Does not care even one iota about the people he represents or his country as a whole. 

If Rand's neighbor wants to run against him the next time he is up for re-election I will donate to the cause. Ron Paul was a bit out there, but he had actual principles. His son is a coward who has no business being an elected official. 

Ron's only real principles were "don't give my tax dollars to black people."

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 7:36 AM, burntorangebongos said:

I read up about that dude.  Retired guy that got steadily angry at the way Paul landscaped. I see his point so that says something about me, sadly.  First, planting trees that blocked his view of the lake and also cutting his lawn to the nub as opposed to  a more pleasing length. He like everybody else in the hood used a lawn service but Rand liked doing his own. Which is cool but he is gone a lot so his lawn always looked rough since it depended on when he had last cut it instead of how a lawn service would do it at a steady scheduled time. It is also probably why he cut it to the nub.

Rand would have brush piles from his trees in his yard and when the neighbor complained to the HOA, Rand started piling up the branches near his property line. The guy hauled one pile away at his expense and then at a later time,  burned another one the day before the attack.He said he got burns from that effort and it added to his anger.  Rand must have gotten mad about that and started another pile. What a dick, but the other guy wasn't any better so when he saw that, he bummed rushed Rand who had just gotten off his riding mower and had his back to him. The rush caused Rand to fall down a slope so that might have caused greater injury than otherwise. The guy deserved to pay Rand for hurting him and expressed remorse for how much damage he had done. Only Rand wasn't satisfied with the guy's original sentence and pushed for greater punishment. Last verdict was that the guy had to pay Rand half a million. He sold his house and gave Rand the proceeds and still owes him about 100000.

I bet he slow pays Rand that money. That is what I'd do. 

Neighbor guy should have shot him.

5 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Sure, Rand.  I can't believe everyone didn't think of that.  People should just mortgage their future savings for when they're too old to work to pay off their ridiculously overpriced school loans.  They should just use those 401K's they don't have or pay into because they've been crushed by school loan debt their entire adult lives.

How fucking out of touch can one be?

• Like 4

We should be delivering workforce ready high school graduates. The money in the system and any subsidies should go into preparation for high demand jobs in public high schools, rather than pouring more aggregate demand into non-vocational degree programs with a more or less constant supply. That mostly has the effect of driving up cost and fueling the arms race of top tier college admissions.

Educational debt only makes sense when it make financial sense. Opening up tax-privileged retirement accounts for raiding is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. 

But again, no surprise, because Rand Paul is terrible. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, that's a pretty stupid plan. Should just make student loan payments tax deductible if that is the angle you are going to take. 

This Paul plan is also in the same vein of stupid that Rubio used to come up with the “use your social security benefit to take paid family leave” idea.

The idea of borrowing against your retirement to fund immediate shortfalls is exactly what every financial planner tells you not to do.

Party of fiscal responsibility my a$$

• Like 2