It's time to monetize, the question is how?

immamac

How to monetize?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to monetize?

• Purely donation based
    • Light ad support with no monetization after covering costs
    • Heavy monetization and investing back into the community
  2. 2. Would you commit to donating, if so for how much?

• $2/mo or $24/yr
    • $5/mo or $60/yr
    • $10/mo or $120/yr
    • Big daddy club over $20/mo
    • No, fuck you, you pandering cunt.

One common theme in the current responses has been an affinity for the "I'll pay _____(more than 10$) if _________." Now, this isn't a typical fundraising style but this could create a pretty amazing thread and moments, as well as the money needed. Just a thought.

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

One common theme in the current responses has been an affinity for the "I'll pay _____(more than 10$) if _________." Now, this isn't a typical fundraising style but this could create a pretty amazing thread and moments, as well as the money needed. Just a thought.

Agreed. An auction thread would be a fun way to raise money.

24 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Pay to Play, huh?

19 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I say charge the non-Longhorn member; maybe they will go back to where they came from!
or
Monetize this bitch and earn back that treefiddy that was lost

I would pay this board 3-4X what i would ever pay my school's board.

If surly made subscribers immune to rep, no pos or neg, I'd be down for $10 a month.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I haven't noticed that. The only trend that I have seen is fuck Kevin Morgan, Chip Brown, and ou in reverse order.

If Blacklab still has any legal fees I think it should be monetized as much as possible until they are paid off, assuming that wouldn't violate any court orders.  After that turn the ads down as needed to where the site is making enough to pay the bills and maybe a basdass tailgate once a year.

• Like 2

Light ad support with suggested donation fee and see if it works.   We don’t want to turn into the $9.95 ers that everyone hates on here and also contrary to popular opinion amungst us here for a long time.  we need new poeople that aren’t run off the site that aren’t really bad and are fans “to keep the lights on”.     Or we will get a small group of  fu to anyone new mentality fast that many seem to want, but it’s not good for business. 

Edited by Hook1997

• immamac unpinned and unfeatured this topic