Chili Cheese Fritos

Incredulity

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Why not just put chili and cheese on top of regular fritos?

It was avaliable in the break room at my work.  Regular Fritos, chili and cheese were not.

I had fond memories. 

I think this is the second or third time I have run into this over the last few years.  

I will mark them off the list.

34 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Never as good as I remember them to be from the good old days.

Just threw away half a single serve.

You. Stupid.  FUCK.

The key to consuming a flavor-bomb snack like chili cheese fritos is no secret it all.  It's what any self-respecting man should know already.

Eat half the bag.  The chemical flavor-bomb assault will overwhelm your tastebuds.  Set the bag aside.  Drink some of your beverage.  Peruse some interwebs posts.  Double check your TPS reports.  Or, if driving, tune to the Sirius XM Willie's Roadhouse station.  Sing along with some Ray Price tunes.

After 15-20 minutes, your tastebuds have recovered.  Commence the secondary assault, and eat the remainder of the bag.

Goddamn, do I have to teach y'all EVERYTHING around here?  Where's Steel Shank when you need him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Incredulity said:

WTF is Disodium Guanylate

Dr. Google says it is like MSG and adds a "salty, savory taste to foods."

Apparently, mixing Chili Cheese Fritos in a bowl with a good helping of this stuff and them microwaving for like 30 seconds is the absolute tits.  Or so I'm told.

002012107-1?id=hUKQz0&fmt=jpg&fit=constr

I bought a bag yesterday. They are different. They're a lot more mild. They still have the older, darker ones in the picture on the bag but the chips inside are pale with less seasoning. I have no idea what would motivate them to make that change. I'll finish the bag but I won't buy another.

I'll have to check out the jalapeño ones. The jalapeño Doritos are like crack. 

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I bought a bag yesterday. They are different. They're a lot more mild. They still have the older, darker ones in the picture on the bag but the chips inside are pale with less seasoning. I have no idea what would motivate them to make that change. I'll finish the bag but I won't buy another.

I'll have to check out the jalapeño ones. The jalapeño Doritos are like crack. 

The HEB brand jalapeño corn ships slay.  That said, the best flavored corn chips by a long margin are Paquis.  Got damn they’re good. All of them.  Those ghost pepper ones are not for the timid. 

Thats said, Uncle Julio’s still reigns supreme 

frito cc went to shit a while back, sadly  

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:42 PM, Incredulity said:

It was avaliable in the break room at my work.  Regular Fritos, chili and cheese were not.

I had fond memories. 

I think this is the second or third time I have run into this over the last few years.  

I will mark them off the list.

sadly this is where I am with soft drinks.  I recall them being much more carbonated and less syrupy than they are now.  I only drink them with booze but still not good.  

On 8/22/2018 at 10:17 AM, pepper brooks said:

The HEB brand jalapeño corn ships slay.  That said, the best flavored corn chips by a long margin are Paquis.  Got damn they’re good. All of them.  Those ghost pepper ones are not for the timid. 

Thats said, Uncle Julio’s still reigns supreme 

frito cc went to shit a while back, sadly  

Correct on all accounts, but I can't do the Uncle Julio's anymore.  

On August 17, 2018 at 2:54 PM, Brisketexan said:

You. Stupid.  FUCK.

The key to consuming a flavor-bomb snack like chili cheese fritos is no secret it all.  It's what any self-respecting man should know already.

Eat half the bag.  The chemical flavor-bomb assault will overwhelm your tastebuds.  Set the bag aside.  Drink some of your beverage.  Peruse some interwebs posts.  Double check your TPS reports.  Or, if driving, tune to the Sirius XM Willie's Roadhouse station.  Sing along with some Ray Price tunes.

After 15-20 minutes, your tastebuds have recovered.  Commence the secondary assault, and eat the remainder of the bag.

Goddamn, do I have to teach y'all EVERYTHING around here?  Where's Steel Shank when you need him?

I agree and applaud your method, and it certainly works.

Another alternative is to consume said chili cheese Fritos with a nice accompaniment of ice cold Big Red.  The Big Red tends to balance out the saltiness and provides a refreshing palate cleanse between each fist full of chili cheese Fritos.