Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

19 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

But at this point, winning out gets you a B12 championship.  No way he gets fired if he wins the conference for the first time since ‘09.  

Ok true but when I posted it I wasn’t thinking of him winning out and doing that. I think we all know he isn’t winning the big 12. 

12 hours ago, Mikey4 said:
14 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:
A lot of aggy in this thread.
Fuck you haters.
Win out and play for the Big XII championship.
Then you assclowns can crawl back in your hole.

We're currently the best we're going to be under Herman, and we're not that good. I simply don't care if we find a way to eek out wins against bad teams through overtime heroics or whatever. I want to be dominant. If every conference game is a coin flip, then yeah, we might have a lucky streak every now and again, but overall, we won't be good. And that's a problem.

But we beat Okie St, we toppled a dictator last Saturday!

Edited by clapclapclap

4 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

Watching football yesterday my takeaway was this.  A&Ms 2nd team offense with a freshman QB looks more functional then our senior QB and 1 st team.  That is all I need to say.

Yeah, well, we'd never get to find out how capable our 2nd string QB is because Herman is more loyal to Sam than a rich girl with daddy issues to her Xanax-plug, burnout-skater cheating boyfriend.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

One other thing. Urban's probably gets contacted by the AD of a decent opportunity or NFL owner about once a week. Why hasn't he taken something? I think he is waiting for a premier job - one that blows everyone in the sports world away. One that practically guarantees that he will be successful. Anything in the NFL is a crapshoot. Today you're news, tomorrow your QB breaks his neck and you are off the front pages until you're fired 3 yrs down the road.

That leaves college football. Herman needs a program that guarantees cream of the crop recruits year after year. One of the most storied programs in history in a state that is bigger than life is just what the doctor ordered. And I ain't talking about that crazy friggin mess on the West Coast. Texas has to be in Urban's top two picks. CDC, don't fuck this up. Your ass is on the line.

What decent college gig was available last year?

IIRC yesterday WV got called for roughing Sam, and the refs were pretty kind to us on multiple occasions. Not usually the case, I agree, but yesterday if any team was helped by the refs, it was us.
I'm drawing a blank on one against Sam. Seems familiar. Pretty sure we got two. One was borderline at best. One gave them a first down.

The reversal of the backward pass was probably correct but a bit surprising. The non call on Brown surprising it wasn't called, but it was good defense too. However, the easy missed call in that series was a hold against Cook. It should have been 1st and 23 but instead they got 2nd and 7 or so.

The non call on DPI that killed our drive in the first half was blatant. Forced a punt when we should have had a 1st in scoring range.

But yeah I'd say it felt in comparison to many games they were helping us.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Why isn’t anyone concerned about the optics of Texas being a mediocre football team.  What type of optics would it show if our new AD fired his ass and said “We’re Texas.  We expect excellence, not mediocrity.”  It used to be we got everyone’s best game because they wanted to beat the best.  Now I don’t think we get everyone’s best game and we still nearly lose every game.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cody2422 said:

Why isn’t anyone concerned about the optics of Texas being a mediocre football team.  What type of optics would it show if our new AD fired his ass and said “We’re Texas.  We expect excellence, not mediocrity.”  It used to be we got everyone’s best game because they wanted to beat the best.  Now I don’t think we get everyone’s best game and we still nearly lose every game.  

He’d be a freaking hero.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I think aggy at number 5 helps.  Maybe if aggy reaches sec champ game and we don’t it will motivate some boosters.

at this point, though I want Meyer, it’s almost a coin flip....who is a worse coach in the b12 than Tom?

CDC, take care of Tom, then get the best coach....make urban say no, and then get somebody....

maybe that is cdcs game,  make us so desperate to get rid of Tom that we don’t care if urban comes or not.

9 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

I think aggy at number 5 helps.  Maybe if aggy reaches sec champ game and we don’t it will motivate some boosters.

at this point, though I want Meyer, it’s almost a coin flip....who is a worse coach in the b12 than Tom?

CDC, take care of Tom, then get the best coach....make urban say no, and then get somebody....

maybe that is cdcs game,  make us so desperate to get rid of Tom that we don’t care if urban comes or not.

they already got the money... it just that Urban's got the leverage.  Just gotta hope CDC can convince the man.  I think we need to fire Herman regardless.  So what if he wins the B12, recruiting is already fucked up.  Do you think he can win later with a bunch of 3 stars?

14 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

Bama loses twice?

They've only got Auburn left on their schedule.

13 hours ago, Enchubben said:

She dated Henry Shelton for a brief period of time. 

Fixed. 

And no, she did not have great sex with Shelton. A Shelton can do your income taxes. If you need a root canal, Shelton’s your man, but humpin' and pumpin' is not Shelton’s strong suit. It's the name. 'Do it to me, Shelton.' 'You're an animal, Shelton.' 'Ride me, big Shelton.' It doesn't work.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

There is a chance we will be in the secsecsec championship game?  :)  Just kiddin.

So it's Monday, November 9th, 2020 A.D.  in the Austin, Texas which is part of the United States of America in  North America on the planet Earth which is in the Milky Way Galaxy and Tom Herman is still the Coach of the football program known as the Longhorns and the University of Texas.  

Sigh...

On 11/7/2020 at 11:52 PM, Steamboat1874 said:

A lot of aggy in this thread.

Fuck you haters.

Win out and play for the Big XII championship.

Then you assclowns can crawl back in your hole.

Kiss my ass.  

I want Texas to lose their next game.  I wanted them to lose to Baylor.  I wanted them to lose to WV.

Because that's what it's going to take to get us headed in the right direction.

So you keep on with the smug "fuck you haters" bullshit that holds the program back.  

What holds this program back is Tom Herman.  Until he's gone, we're headed in the wrong direction.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Kiss my ass.  

I want Texas to lose their next game.  I wanted them to lose to Baylor.  I wanted them to lose to WV.

So you keep on with the smug "fuck you haters" bullshit that holds the program back.  

What holds this program back is Tom Herman.  Until he's gone, we're headed in the wrong direction.  

We are so used to mediocrity bro....     

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Kiss my ass.  

Some fan you are.

I am sure our players really appreciate you.

On 11/8/2020 at 1:36 AM, ousux said:
On 11/7/2020 at 3:56 PM, Rockethorn1978 said:
Just winning out won’t save tom. Anyone with eyes can see in year 4 we look like a transition team with a coach in his first year. What a fucking zzzzz game.

I'd like to believe that, but the optics of firing a coach with only 2 losses will be considered, things may not happen like we want.

What optics? He lost to .500 TCU and a rebuilding ou team with a freshman QB. He should have lost to Tech. 5 out of 7 games were won/lost by 1 score. When you pay a coach $5m+, you are buying wins and larger margins of victories. Herman has consistently failed to deliver. Not to mention, none of our players appear to be coached up outside of Ossai.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Pretty sure he's referring to their post from Nov 6th that was already discussed. No new intel. Not that I rate them particularly highly when it comes to Urban happenings.

True, just fake insiders playing both sides.  Bottom line is we need a loss, maybe Urbs ain't taking us seriously until there is an actual job opening.  

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

True, just fake insiders playing both sides.  Bottom line is we need a loss, maybe Urbs ain't taking us seriously until there is an actual job opening.  

The fact that we're hearing all different kinds of shit probably means that most people don't have a clue which would be a good thing I guess?

7 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Not shooting the messenger, but I hate that attitude.  If you think a significant upgrade is needed and possible at the HC positon after 3.5 years observing the program, make the change god-dammit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Not shooting the messenger, but I hate that attitude.  If you think a significant upgrade is needed and possible at the HC positon after 3.5 years observing the program, make the change god-dammit.

Yeah. Honestly, the "wait for a loss" thing makes no sense whatsoever. What is the significance of one more loss in a sea of losses over his 4 years?

Either dump Herman for the HOF coach and immediately fix your program, or don't. Whether Herman beats WV by 4 or loses to them by 4...why would that impact your evaluation of whether Herman is the guy or not?It was a coin flip. As was Tech. As was TCU. As was OU. As was OSU. This is who he is.

He's a .650 coach. Urban is an .850 coach. This isn't going to dramatically change because the refs didn't call PI in the end zone on saturday. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

But that may be because they don't want to come.  Has nothing to do with us.

I mean yah, absolutely it could be because they don't want to come. But it has everything to do with us because it gives Urban an edge to say, "Man I dunno about coming back to coaching, as I'm not even going to be able to put together the staff I want."

That's:

A. Negotiation power for Urban to get us to throw more at him to get him off the fence he "says" he's on.

B. Negotiation power for Urban to get more money for his assistants, if it's BS they wouldn't want to join him.  

Edited by UncleBuck

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Fixed. 

And no, she did not have great sex with Shelton. A Shelton can do your income taxes. If you need a root canal, Shelton’s your man, but humpin' and pumpin' is not Shelton’s strong suit. It's the name. 'Do it to me, Shelton.' 'You're an animal, Shelton.' 'Ride me, big Shelton.' It doesn't work.  

Sounds like something your mom would say. Has she met Shelton?

Damnit, I told myself I'd stay away from the South Austin's mom jokes.

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Some fan you are.

I am sure our players really appreciate you.

Our players don't know who the hell I am, nor do they care.  I wouldn't expect them to.

In my whole life, I've never met a fan of shit.  

This program is shit, and has been for almost a decade.

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas