Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

My LaTech buddy said I should take it as a joke, and that he’s definitely wasted after hosting his golf tournament today. Apparently he made fun of LSU last year after his tournament. Regardless, I don’t think that’s something you want to say about Sam. He chose poorly. 

13 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

My LaTech buddy said I should take it as a joke, and that he’s definitely wasted after hosting his golf tournament today. Apparently he made fun of LSU last year after his tournament. Regardless, I don’t think that’s something you want to say about Sam. He chose poorly. 

Yeah I didn't really care. Looked like he didn't know where he was, who Sam was, who he was, or what football was at that moment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I hope he gets pissed and does good, he needs to have 4 TD passes in that game and get in a rhythm  for LSU.  He only had 2 games last year with 3 passing TD’s or more, we need like 6 atleast this year. 

Edited by Hook1997

I went to LaTech's graduation ceremony back in May.  Bradshaw was the Commencement speaker.  He spoke about 20 minutes or so without notes.  I was quite surprised as to how cohesive his message was as well as pertinent.  And, it was funny and entertaining.  He did make light of his "education".  He did say things that only he can say as he called out many of his co-workers and their lack of graduating from college and even the college that they did attend. As students walked across the stage he personally acknowledged many of them.

I am not too worried about his comments regarding Ehlinger as I do not see them as being said in a mean way.  He is all-in as a Bulldog.  After all, he was at booster event and people expect him to say something crazy.

Still good bulletin board material to get all motivated to dominate the Bulldogs.

19 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

I went to LaTech's graduation ceremony back in May.  Bradshaw was the Commencement speaker.  He spoke about 20 minutes or so without notes.  I was quite surprised as to how cohesive his message was as well as pertinent.  And, it was funny and entertaining.  He did make light of his "education".  He did say things that only he can say as he called out many of his co-workers and their lack of graduating from college and even the college that they did attend. As students walked across the stage he personally acknowledged many of them.

I am not too worried about his comments regarding Ehlinger as I do not see them as being said in a mean way.  He is all-in as a Bulldog.  After all, he was at booster event and people expect him to say something crazy.

Still good bulletin board material to get all motivated to dominate the Bulldogs.

It's not like he said it on NFL Sunday or some other national news.  He said it at some LaTech thing where he evidently lost his tie while outside and pitted out his shirt.  It's homer stuff.  No big deal.  I've always kinda liked him.  Certainly had to respect him back in the day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

That's Terry Bradshaw? I thought it was a dead walrus. 

Damn, there's something going on in the spirit world.... McCartney comemning aggy, Fatshaw looking like a walrus... Beatles song "I Am The Walrus", bad voodoo about to go down.

28 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's not like he said it on NFL Sunday or some other national news.  He said it at some LaTech thing where he evidently lost his tie while outside and pitted out his shirt.  It's homer stuff.  No big deal.  I've always kinda liked him.  Certainly had to respect him back in the day.

My Uncle went to school with him. Said he was dumb as rocks, but he also had no problems admitting it. 

43 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Or he means 5A as in the classification of Texas HS football.

He doesn’t. That would make it even more absurd since Sam played in 6A. Use it as bulletin board material and all that but don’t get too caught up in the details. 

ltyDKroo_bigger.jpg   NCAAFNation.  @NCAAFNation247 Leading Big 12 Returners Passing Yards 
1. Sam Ehlinger - 3,292 
2. Charlie Brewer - 3,019
3. Alan Bowman - 2,638
4. Brock Purdy - 2,250
10:14 AM · Jun 24, 2019 ·
Bowman with the surprise. No idea he had that decent of a season. Good for him. Shitty for TT standards but he got hurt IIRC along the way with a chest or knee injury. Dont know, dont care.

13 minutes ago, Fletch said:

He doesn’t. That would make it even more absurd since Sam played in 6A. Use it as bulletin board material and all that but don’t get too caught up in the details. 

Louisiana the top classification is 5A. It doesn't matter, because he was drunk, but he wasn't incorrect by using the terminology that he did.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Louisiana the top classification is 5A. It doesn't matter, because he was drunk, but he wasn't incorrect by using the terminology that he did.

I had some post ready about how he could’ve done his homework(lulz) and realized it’s 6A here but yeah. Doesn’t matter. Have another drink, Terry. 

7 hours ago, markstanco said:
18 hours ago, LTtxfan said:
ltyDKroo_bigger.jpg   NCAAFNation.  @NCAAFNation247 Leading Big 12 Returners Passing Yards 
1. Sam Ehlinger - 3,292 
2. Charlie Brewer - 3,019
3. Alan Bowman - 2,638
4. Brock Purdy - 2,250
10:14 AM · Jun 24, 2019 ·

Bowman with the surprise. No idea he had that decent of a season. Good for him. Shitty for TT standards but he got hurt IIRC along the way with a chest or knee injury. Dont know, dont care.

He had a collapsed lung.

14 hours ago, TexasMan said:

This coming from the dude who admitted he couldn’t get into LSU because he didn't have good enough grades, so he settled on LA Tech. 

Again, a "university" where if you tie your shoes they'll let you in, and if you screw in a light bulb you get your masters, THIS dumb fuck couldn't get in to. 

He did get into LSU, played freshman ball - in the day, frosh in all sports did not play on varsity. He also won NCAA Track & Field Gold in Javelin... before flunking out.

9 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

Whether he meant to say 5A, or 5-star quarterbacks, have we ever signed three of those in one year? 

There's 1 or 2 5-star QBs every year, so obviously not. But who gives a shit? Last 5-star Texas signed...didn't go great...

17 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

No I didn't.

2 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Nobody is surpassing Vince for people that saw Vince.

Sam would have to play the first half of games 85% of the season because of the beatdowns we are laying on our opponents.

I also don't think anyone would say the current Texas teams are as talented all over the place as that 04-05 team...and probably not the 06-09 teams either.  Close but not quite.

Sam takes them to the playoffs and beats Clemson/Bama for a title, he'll be close.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

I also don't think anyone would say the current Texas teams are as talented all over the place as that 04-05 team...and probably not the 06-09 teams either.  Close but not quite.

Sam takes them to the playoffs and beats Clemson/Bama for a title, he'll be close.

I think it's comparable to 09. Better offensively, a little worse defensively, much better coaching

Edited by Bevo14

I think this is good for Ehlinger and his performance in the early games. I think the Sugar Bowl win raised his ego a bit too much, and you could tell by how sloppy he was during the spring game. Watching it in person, he looked like Maryland Ehlinger on the sideline. Gut feeling is he will now be locked in from the get go.