Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

8 hours ago, markstanco said:
On 6/8/2019 at 10:35 PM, perfectchaos007 said:
Sam graces the cover of the only Texas football mag that matters. Well earned! Can't wait to pick it up at the store later this month

Anybody want to tell him about that cover?

Tell him what?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2841908-browns-baker-mayfield-on-texas-qb-sam-ehlinger-hope-he-knows-i-dont-like-him 

"Browns' Baker Mayfield on Texas QB Sam Ehlinger: Hope He Knows I Don't Like Him"

On Wednesday, the outspoken Mayfield made his thoughts on Texas quarterback Sam Ehlinger quite clear.

"His opinion on anything winning...Westlake's a great program, but the two best quarterbacks to come out of there are Drew Brees and Nick Foles. Sam can stay down there in Texas," the 2017 Heisman Trophy winner said on SportsTalk 1400AM. "... That'll stir the pot. He doesn't like me, and I hope he knows I don't like him either."

Mayfield and Ehlinger crossed paths on the football field only once in college, with the Sooners pulling out a 29-24 win over their archrival. Mayfield led Oklahoma to victory by throwing for 302 yards and two touchdowns, while Ehlinger had 278 passing yards, 106 rushing yards and two total scores in the loss.

Mayfield moved on to the NFL after the 2017 season. While that would seemingly put an end to the Mayfield-Ehlinger dynamic, it didn't.

Ehlinger made waves in March 2018 by calling out former Oklahoma offensive lineman Orlando Brown's NFL Scouting Combine performance:  

Mayfield was among the Sooners to respond to Ehlinger, pointing out the Longhorns star's lack of wins in the Red River Rivalry at the time:

Ehlinger then led Texas to a wild 48-45 victory over Oklahoma last season, racking up 386 total yards and five touchdowns.

In the past, Mayfield has complimented Ehlinger.

"A tough kid," he said in October 2017, per ESPN's Jake Trotter. "Just how we Austin boys do it. He's going to have a heck of a career."

But as things currently stand, there appears to be no love lost between the two.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:51 AM, TexEx15 said:

So that’s what you took away from a simple comment?  Are you a troll or stupid?

It's mostly that I really hate twitter. Sports news is one of its least objectionable uses, but posting by players is a kind of nasty business.  See Kris Boyd, DeShon Elliott, Breckyn Hager, Buck Burnette, etc.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2841908-browns-baker-mayfield-on-texas-qb-sam-ehlinger-hope-he-knows-i-dont-like-him 

"Browns' Baker Mayfield on Texas QB Sam Ehlinger: Hope He Knows I Don't Like Him"

On Wednesday, the outspoken Mayfield made his thoughts on Texas quarterback Sam Ehlinger quite clear.

"His opinion on anything winning...Westlake's a great program, but the two best quarterbacks to come out of there are Drew Brees and Nick Foles. Sam can stay down there in Texas," the 2017 Heisman Trophy winner said on SportsTalk 1400AM. "... That'll stir the pot. He doesn't like me, and I hope he knows I don't like him either."

Mayfield and Ehlinger crossed paths on the football field only once in college, with the Sooners pulling out a 29-24 win over their archrival. Mayfield led Oklahoma to victory by throwing for 302 yards and two touchdowns, while Ehlinger had 278 passing yards, 106 rushing yards and two total scores in the loss.

Mayfield moved on to the NFL after the 2017 season. While that would seemingly put an end to the Mayfield-Ehlinger dynamic, it didn't.

Ehlinger made waves in March 2018 by calling out former Oklahoma offensive lineman Orlando Brown's NFL Scouting Combine performance:  

Mayfield was among the Sooners to respond to Ehlinger, pointing out the Longhorns star's lack of wins in the Red River Rivalry at the time:

Ehlinger then led Texas to a wild 48-45 victory over Oklahoma last season, racking up 386 total yards and five touchdowns.

In the past, Mayfield has complimented Ehlinger.

"A tough kid," he said in October 2017, per ESPN's Jake Trotter. "Just how we Austin boys do it. He's going to have a heck of a career."

But as things currently stand, there appears to be no love lost between the two.

Tater Gayfield (NTTAWWT) needs to go put on his little ballerina tights and prance around the shower with his loser ass team mates.

Edited by SHOOTER12

Mayfield is a world class trash talker. I wouldn't put much stock into what he says. Does anyone actually expect him to say good things about Texas or our QB? This is a rivalry by the way and the fact that the national noise around our program (positive or negative) is the loudest it's been since 2010 says more about the trajectory of the program than any individual comment.

• Like 4

Mayfield is a world class trash talker.

No he's not, nothing world class about him. Mohammed Ali was a world class trash talker and athlete, watch any video and see the noticable difference in what is world class and what isn't.

5 minutes ago, Dewey said:

No he's not, nothing world class about him. Mohammed Ali was a world class trash talker and athlete, watch any video and see the noticable difference in what is world class and what isn't.

Yeah, Mayfield is just trash.

He can fuck off.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Saw this on Instagram and of course there were some jackoffs complaining about MM being on the sidelines. Who cares. When the pimp cane comes out, then we have a problem.

As an opposing fan, who really gives a fuck if UT  has MM on the sideline.  It’s not like he’s disruptive or some shit.

The ‘cool factor’ is pretty damned high and it doesn’t affect the game, so WGAF?

11 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Not here to argue, but Mayfield irritates just about everyone with his punk-ass, flag planting, I'm the shit and you ain't shtick. 

16 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

the two best quarterbacks to come out of there are Drew Brees and Nick Foles.

yeah, do better guys!!!! that all you got???? an NFL Hall of Famer and a Super Bowl MVP,  come on bitches

Mayfield: "I feel sorry for you."

Ehlinger: "I don't think about you at all."

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sock Monkey said:

Mayfield is a world class trash talker. I wouldn't put much stock into what he says. Does anyone actually expect him to say good things about Texas or our QB? This is a rivalry by the way and the fact that the national noise around our program (positive or negative) is the loudest it's been since 2010 says more about the trajectory of the program than any individual comment.

Just because he's talking shit doesn't mean he's "world class". When David Akers and Pat McAfee came out talking shit at the previous two drafts to fans of rival teams that was world class. Being a douche and running your cock washer doesn't equate to being a world class trash talker.

• Like 3

I actually love Mayfield talking shit, as it makes the TX/OU rivalry that much more fun. Gives everyone something to get fired up about in mid-June. Is he a cunt? Sure.  But for the most part, he usually backs up his talk with results on the field.

If Sam takes care of business in Oct, BM (unfortunate initials) looks like a bigger tool than usual. If not, to the shit talker goes the spoils. Either way, with Steele's mag getting released, the season is just around the corner, so let's get that hate flowing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

I actually love Mayfield talking shit, as it makes the TX/OU rivalry that much more fun. Gives everyone something to get fired up about in mid-June. Is he a cunt? Sure.  But for the most part, he usually backs up his talk with results on the field.

If Sam takes care of business in Oct, BM (unfortunate initials) looks like a bigger tool than usual. If not, to the shit talker goes the spoils. Either way, with Steele's mag getting released, the season is just around the corner, so let's get that hate flowing.

/thread

• Like 1

Dude is barely out of his soph year and already royalty to anyone associated with UT or gives a shit about the Longhorns.  He carries a lot of hopes and expectations on his shoulders. 

And in the comments some dope crying because Mond wasn’t invited to dinner.  Never change aggy. 

Edited by Lhorn