Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

Sam looks a ton like his dad. Also TIL Sam Ehlinger has a white lab puppy named Spur. The article that mentioned it didn't seem to get the reference, but it's probably in honor of his dad, who was a Silver Spur.

Edited by BigXII
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, BigXII said:

Sam looks a ton like his dad. Also TIL Sam Ehlinger has a white lab puppy named Spur. The article that mentioned it didn't seem to get the reference, but it's probably in honor of his dad, who was a Silver Spur.

I’m sure  he has made his dad smile many times over. Just seems like Sam is destined to do something great at Texas... destiny is calling. 

I’d say words could also not describe how proud his dad would be on the man and leader he’s become. Not fair sums it up. Knowing how much his dad loved the University, he’s gotta be smiling up there to see Sam and his brother playing for the Horns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Sam is well positioned for a Heisman run if he can keep improving his play to match his media exposure.  I’m not betting against him.  In fact he may be my all-time favorite player (or surely headed for that position) considering his life story and what he means to Texas football.

I feel like Sam Ehlinger gets way more media love than Colt McCoy did. But while Colt McCoy had a perfect Texas QB name, Sam Ehlinger basically has a backstory out of a movie. And not Man of the House.

The headlines they are writing for Sam are pretty fucking epic. "Destined to lead Texas to prominence," "Born for this job," etc. He's basically the Texas messiah right now.

Edited by BigXII

23 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Social media was not nearly as prominent when Colt McCoy was on the 40.

no, but the ESPN machine was at full capacity back then, and they never talked him up outside of immediately after the '08 RRS. I expected the summer between 08 and 09 to be all about the rematch, but the talk never materialized. Meanwhile, they said that Ehlinger had the biggest crowd at the Big 12 media conference since Ricky Williams. Dude is a college mega star. They compare him to Tebow a lot on the TV, and from a media perspective that's great because the media loved Tim Tebow.