Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

8 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

You're pretty much supporting the fact that Sam won't get many throws.  An average of 22 passes is barely anything.  TB averaged 42 passes in the last 5.  Dak averaged 40.  Allen averaged 39.  Herbert and Carr averaged 37.  The Colts are dead last in the NFL in pass attempts in the last 3 games.  Meanwhile, guess who is the top team in rush attempts in the last 3 games?  I'll give you a hint...it rhymes with the Molts.  I'd love for Sam to throw 25 passes for 300 yards, but Reich isn't going to put the game on his arm.

I guess I'm just disconnected from the reality of "22 passes being barely anything" those other teams you mentioned barely run the ball at all and are completely pass dependent teams with QB's that effectively carry the entire offensive production. The Colts aren't that team, they are a balanced team. Sam can throw for 200+ and 2TD's with no INT and have a hell of a game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

I guess I'm just disconnected from the reality of "22 passes being barely anything" those other teams you mentioned barely run the ball at all and are completely pass dependent teams with QB's that effectively carry the entire offensive production. The Colts aren't that team, they are a balanced team. Sam can throw for 200+ and 2TD's with no INT and have a hell of a game. 

I mean, I just told you the Colts were first in rush attempts and last in pass attempts in the last 3, but if you think that's a balanced team, cool.  And if you want to extend to the full season, they are #3 in rushing attempts and #26 in passing attempts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OU Sucks said:

I mean, I just told you the Colts were first in rush attempts and last in pass attempts in the last 3, but if you think that's a balanced team, cool.  And if you want to extend to the full season, they are #3 in rushing attempts and #26 in passing attempts.

So what you are telling me is the NFL is a pass happy league? Not that they don't run a balanced attack?

12 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Under new 5 day rules Wentz may still be available according to ESPN. 

This would not be acceptable.  I dedicated 15 minutes of my life arguing that a team that averaged 40 rushes vs. 20 passes in the past 3 games is not balanced and Sam would not get many passing opportunities.  This must proceed without Wentz so I can either be proven right or wrong.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I thought that was only for vaxxed. Unvaxxed are still fucked. 

Nope it is for any player, no matter their status. Which is smart on the NFL, especially coming down the stretch and playoff seeding and divisions are on the line. You want the best players on the field. And I am pretty sure gambling put a ton of pressure on them as well.

21 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

You're pretty much supporting the fact that Sam won't get many throws.  An average of 22 passes is barely anything.  TB averaged 42 passes in the last 5.  Dak averaged 40.  Allen averaged 39.  Herbert and Carr averaged 37.  The Colts are dead last in the NFL in pass attempts in the last 3 games.  Meanwhile, guess who is the top team in rush attempts in the last 3 games?  I'll give you a hint...it rhymes with the Molts.  I'd love for Sam to throw 25 passes for 300 yards, but Reich isn't going to put the game on his arm.

It's Moops dammit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Best not to throw a rookie QB to the wolves as long as possible. I know some QB's have overcome being a rookie and actually done well but it's been rare. Whom do you think have been the best at it? 

Russell Wilson, Dak, Rapelisberger...

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Best not to throw a rookie QB to the wolves as long as possible. I know some QB's have overcome being a rookie and actually done well but it's been rare. Whom do you think have been the best at it? 

True dat, but if anyone was tailor made, it'd be Sam.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Johnny Manziel

spiderman GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Sam may not start...

Colts activate Carson Wentz among slew of roster moves

Kevin Hickey     January 1, 2022 2:15 pm ET

The Indianapolis Colts made a slew of roster moves ahead of the Week 17 matchup against the Las Vegas Raiders, the team announced Saturday.

A mix between activations from the COVID-19 list and call-ups from the practice squad, the Colts made a handful of roster moves. In the case of Carson Wentz, he is not fully out of the woods yet.

The Colts had to activate Wentz in order to have him available for Sunday’s game. If he tests out of the league’s protocol on Sunday morning, he will start against the Raiders.

• Rage+1 1