Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

9 hours ago, The Dog said:

I know people will say it's the preseason, but (1) Sam is playing with a bunch of 2s and 3s who don't have the experience and reps of the 1s, so he's really having to ball out, and, (2) he's playing against defensive players fighting to get a roster spot who are playing at a higher speed than the defensive 1s would be in the preseason, so he's really having to ball out.

That's my argument.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

I know people will say it's the preseason, but (1) Sam is playing with a bunch of 2s and 3s who don't have the experience and reps of the 1s, so he's really having to ball out, and, (2) he's playing against defensive players fighting to get a roster spot who are playing at a higher speed than the defensive 1s are, so he's really having to ball out.

That's my argument.

I've watched all his snaps. It doesn't matter if he's playing against 2s or 3s. His grasp of the offense and reads are incredible, he's also using his legs way more appropriately and making throws he never made here. Like incredibly good throws, with no duck spiral. 

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Shaggyhorn said:

Now just imagine Texas had worked with Sam to develop his arm talent as opposed to relying on his being a battering ram when stuff broke down.

Imagine if Sam came back last year to learn how to actually do all of that under Sark... What could have been.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, immamac said:

I've watched all his snaps. It doesn't matter if he's playing against 2s or 3s. His grasp of the offense and reads are incredible, he's also using his legs way more appropriately and making throws he never made here. Like incredibly good throws, with no duck spiral. 

Agree on his arm. Also his pocket presence and throws under pressure just really pop. He is facing some pressure with that line and consistently converting that for big plays with his arm, which is huge in the NFL. Of course I'm horribly, horribly biased.

6 minutes ago, Nope said:

Lol I don’t think Ewers comes here if the conventional wisdom is that Card is a badass. He came here to play.

But in Your Mom's scenario, nobody would've seen Card yet, so it's not like he would be some badass, or even halfway decent QB, who would scare off Ewers.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

But in Your Mom's scenario, nobody would've seen Card yet, so it's not like he would be some badass, or even halfway decent QB, who would scare off Ewers.

Everyone thought Card was a badass before he saw the field though

He was the Aaron Rodgers release guy lol

Edited by Nope
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm like 85% sure Desmond Ridder is never going to be a good starting QB in the NFL. 

That doesn't mean Sam hasn't been playing well... but, it's preseason. 

27 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm like 85% sure Desmond Ridder is never going to be a good starting QB in the NFL. 

That doesn't mean Sam hasn't been playing well... but, it's preseason. 

True….but Sam is definitely taking advantage of the opportunity he’s been given….that’s all, and more, than the coaches could ask for. He was making hay while the sun was shining.

On 8/24/2022 at 1:34 PM, shadow_operative said:

hey retard, i've been posting his stats and highlights in this thread. but uh, keep on obsessing over me if that's how you feel.

You did spend the last few years writing turgid diatribes about why Sam sucked, so forgive me if I am somewhat skeptical of your recently-acquired fandom. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Nope said:

No way they see that and trade him

Sam has a roster spot. They will not let him be on the practice squad. Idk why everyone keeps thinking it’s complicated. They can just cut other people when they need to sign FA or people off waivers. We are talking super deep in the depth chart trade not some first stringer trades. 

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm no NFL GM, but it's not hard to see that guy has "it".  I'd suggest he has more "it" than Nick Foles does.  But, it won't matter, he'll get cut and end up down on some other roster.

I’ve watched enough Hard Knocks to know he’ll probably get cut but he’ll land on some team. He’s earned a spot, especially because it’s a qb-thin league. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm no NFL GM, but it's not hard to see that guy has "it".  I'd suggest he has more "it" than Nick Foles does.  But, it won't matter, he'll get cut and end up down on some other roster.

Right now - yes - I think he's a better player. As far as having "it" goes - Foles does have a SBMVP. 

And Sam isn't getting cut. They'll maybe practice squad him and then I bet he makes someone else's 53.

• Hook 'Em 4