Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

Just now, Nope said:

Yep, and how fitting that his coaching staff let him down one last time 

Our coaches are complete fucking dipshits but our warrior qb is fucking horrible. Never in my life have I seen someone completely incapable of throwing remotely accurate balls longer than 5 yards. Wide open or not. Jesus Christ, so awful. So what does our coaching staff do? Call it over and over. 

but taking the sack at the end of the game was devastatingly and unforgivably stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Nope said:

Yep, and how fitting that his coaching staff let him down one last time 

How many games have we lost because of a critical, usually boneheaded, error by Sam at the end? We can all admire his effort and leadership and also acknowledge that he does some dumb shit at the worst times. 

He also still can’t consistently hit WIDE OPEN receivers. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

Our coaches are complete fucking dipshits but our warrior qb is fucking horrible. Never in my life have I seen someone completely incapable of throwing remotely accurate balls longer than 5 yards. Wide open or not. Jesus Christ, so awful. So what does our coaching staff do? Call it over and over. 

but taking the sack at the end of the game was devastatingly and unforgivably stupid. 

Never should have been in that position

Fake punt gifted 7 pts, we lost by 3

Edited by Nope

Ehlinger has played his last down of football.   Unlikely, very, to make a roster at the next level.   Very unlikely. 

Put his heart, diligence, dedication, effort and commitment into the players on the remaining Texas roster and anyone that comes in.   Would be a great substitute for the entitlement that exists in this program.

It's a program that is cancerous, a fucking country club that has achieved nothing. 

Good luck to the next coach trying to fix it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sad way for Sam to end his (likely) last game at DKR. Guy bailed us out so many times (almost including today) that it sucks to go out on that sack.

Anyone hating needs to go back and remember what our QB room looked like the previous 5+ years before Sam (since Colt)

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, sidis said:

I STAND WITH SAM!  WHAT A FUCKING WARRIOR!!!

Fucking morons. 

The QBs in our recent history we had before Sam were worse than him. The next 2 or 3 that play after him will likely be worse than him.

Sam is a great young man and he gave it his all, but he was never going to win any Power 5 program a conference title. He is not capable of it. 

Sam has all of the intangibles you want in a QB when it comes to leading the team. Ton of heart. But he lacks most of the necessary ability to be truly great or even above average at the position. Yeah. He might be the best we’ve had since Colt. But that’s a pretty low bar to judge him by.
I’ll always respect him for the person he is. And for the fact he bleeds Burnt Orange. 
Hopefully the future will bring us much better at the position and at head coach........

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

The QBs in our recent history we had before Sam were worse than him. The next 2 or 3 that play after him will likely be worse than him.

Sam is a great young man and he gave it his all, but he was never going to win any Power 5 program a conference title. He is not capable of it. 

Lolwut? Give me some of what you’re smoking. Love Sams toughness and his story, but he is lacking a lot. 

Lolwut? Give me some of what you’re smoking. Love Sams toughness and his story, but he is lacking a lot. 

Sam is a slightly above average college QB, and that's a lot better than we have had of late.  And here's the deal, you can win A LOT with a slighly above average college QB (Greg McElroy, AJ McCarron, Ken Dorsey, Matt Flynn blah blah blah) but you need an awesome offensive line and good scheme with a few good pieces at the skill position.  We have a slightly above average college QB, a mediocre to sometimes poor O-line, a spastic scheme, and some good pieces at skill positions during his tenure here.  This is what you get with that.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

no he wasn't.  i have never quite figured out longhorn internet's fascination with david ash.  he was completely average.  

Our QB play since Colt has been so bad, that average looks good by comparison.

Its the same reason people here think Sam is so great. He’s better than what we had, but the reality is, that isn’t saying much.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1