The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Haley is one of those people who if you injected with truth serum, she'd sound like a lot of us here. Meaning, unlike the MTGs of the republican party. She'd talk about how awful Trump is and dangerous and shouldn't be within 100 miles of the White House again. And that Joe is actually a good decent person and president. But, you know, money and power. 

23 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

No we don’t. A) it’s a cult and B) if they want a future in GOP politics, they have to bend the knee. The GOP has alienated female suburban voters, college educated voters and young female voters so much that there is no “going back.”

Whoever wants to win the nomination in 2028 has to court the Trump bloc. Period. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Fear and relevancy. She wants to be there when the Trump era is over to pick up the pieces. Trump will eventually be gone but his utter ruin of the Republican Party will remain for decades. After he's gone, it will be a search for who upholds the "Trump ideals". She's playing the long game. Liz Cheney is what happens when you speak truthfully about him. She's done as a politician because of it. Sure she can sleep better at night but she's now irrelevant, which is a fate worse than death to politicians. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The old guard in the gop will move quickly to squash out all the upper level maga gqp, asap

they’ll want to get back control of the checkbook and then start building up the war chest 

not sure the avg maga gqp crowd has the brainpower to stay organized 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

Disagree with your final sentence somewhat because I think the gop endgame is to literally dismantle the constitution to stay in power. I don’t disagree that the average MAGA crowd lacks organizational ability, just that the trajectory of the party will substantially be any different.

• Hook 'Em 1

But of course to all the people of Hispanic origin who vote for Trump and the GOP, you will be fine. You have nothing to worry about. They won't bother you or your family. You're one of the good ones. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

The old guard in the gop will move quickly to squash out all the upper level maga gqp, asap

they’ll want to get back control of the checkbook and then start building up the war chest 

not sure the avg maga gqp crowd has the brainpower to stay organized 

No, they won't.   The crazies have control of the party now.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

In the video above about a blonde harassing immigrant workers building a fence.

That Karen is a GQP fascist. … watches Fox … likely was in a sorority ... and likely attends Sunday School sometimes with her hubby (equally entitled to be sure).

In the Trump-MAGA future, that Karen will proudly stand by the railroad tracks, wave a US flag, and take selfies … as the trains pass carrying millions of immigrants to the mass deportation camps along the Rio Grande. 

If that Karen was born 110 years ago in Germany, she could be seen cheering and saluting Hitler's motorcade in Triumph of the Will

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

38 minutes ago, mdmost said:

But of course to all the people of Hispanic origin who vote for Trump and the GOP, you will be fine. You have nothing to worry about. They won't bother you or your family. You're one of the good ones. 

This is the crazy thing to me. Let’s be honest: the people crossing the border from Mexico are unlikely to fit the modern American leftist mold. They are far more likely to be religious, socially conservative, traditional working class folks lacking a higher education. You know: the kind of people who tend to support Trump and the GOP. 

Republicans should be welcoming the influx of potential new allies and courting them to their vile cause. Instead, they’re obsessed with the fantasy that their Spanish-speaking equivalents are flocking here to vote illegally for the party of tolerant atheist intellectual types. Because Trump voters are stupid and will believe anything the TV shouts at them without thinking through whether it makes any fucking sense whatsoever.

Meanwhile, liberals react to immigration with compassion, because humanity and basic decency is more important than political calculus. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)

After posting, I did a little research. (New Surly motto?)

Undocumented immigrants from Mexico have a far lower rate of high school and college education than the American population overall. There was a good deal of analysis after 2016 showing that low educational attainment was one of if not the primary indicators of Trump support. An influx of high school dropouts could be a godsend for the GOP, yet they insist on slandering immigrants. I guess that’s the kind of thing self-destructive cults do.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Fear and relevancy. She wants to be there when the Trump era is over to pick up the pieces. Trump will eventually be gone but his utter ruin of the Republican Party will remain for decades. After he's gone, it will be a search for who upholds the "Trump ideals". She's playing the long game. Liz Cheney is what happens when you speak truthfully about him. She's done as a politician because of it. Sure she can sleep better at night but she's now irrelevant, which is a fate worse than death to politicians. 

Well, not to Liz.  She knew what would happen and was fine with it.  She was done.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

That lady has zero place in the GOP; WAY too introspective, intelligent, and reasonable.  She seems smart enough to figure it out soon enough.

I think there’s a common misconception that when Trumpism inevitably dies, the GOP will do some kind of pendulum swing back to the party of Eisenhower and anyone who openly supported Trumpism will be denigrated and cast out.  In my opinion that is extremely unlikely.  Yes, they might (MIGHT) embrace less destructive policies/candidates, but theyll just shrug off Trumpists as a blip and not-representative, without at all alienating those voters.  They may not pander to the crazies, but they’ll do enough to keep them in the fold.

32 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

After posting, I did a little research. (New Surly motto?)

Undocumented immigrants from Mexico have a far lower rate of high school and college education than the American population overall. There was a good deal of analysis after 2016 showing that low educational attainment was one of if not the primary indicators of Trump support. An influx of high school dropouts could be a godsend for the GOP, yet they insist on slandering immigrants. I guess that’s the kind of thing self-destructive cults do.

Because racism trumps actual political calculus, I guess. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Hispanics voting Trump - Leopards eating peoples faces party voters, example eleventy billion.  It's. SO.  FUCKING.  STUPID.

I have had my loyalty as an American questioned plenty of times in recent years, based on my last name.  There are "real Americans" (white folks, with obviously white names), and then there's....not real Americans (me and my family, and everyone like us, or with a similar "foreign sounding" name).  Why any of us would vote for the party that is proudly racist, xenophobic, and white supremacist (and don't tell us the lie about "no, it's just about whether they're here legally" -- the fucking leadership behind Trump wants to end ALL immigration, and has pushed to end LEGAL status (including citizenship) for anyone they can catch up in their sick process (like challenging my US citizen father, who was born in a border town back when hospital records weren't perfect)).  They are racist pieces of shit, and they ARE coming for you, they WILL attack you....so don't be stupid and vote for them.

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

That lady has zero place in the GOP; WAY too introspective, intelligent, and reasonable.  She seems smart enough to figure it out soon enough.

I think there’s a common misconception that when Trumpism inevitably dies, the GOP will do some kind of pendulum swing back to the party of Eisenhower and anyone who openly supported Trumpism will be denigrated and cast out.  In my opinion that is extremely unlikely.  Yes, they might (MIGHT) embrace less destructive policies/candidates, but theyll just shrug off Trumpists as a blip and not-representative, without at all alienating those voters.  They may not pander to the crazies, but they’ll do enough to keep them in the fold.

And this.  The GQP will never reform/moderate.  They are too far gone.  It's over, folks.  There's no going back.

1 hour ago, BevoAbyss said:

In the video above about a blonde harassing immigrant workers building a fence.

That Karen is a GQP fascist. … watches Fox … likely was in a sorority ... and likely attends Sunday School sometimes with her hubby (equally entitled to be sure).

In the Trump-MAGA future, that Karen will proudly stand by the railroad tracks, wave a US flag, and take selfies … as the trains pass carrying millions of immigrants to the mass deportation camps along the Rio Grande. 

If that Karen was born 110 years ago in Germany, she could be seen cheering and saluting Hitler's motorcade in Triumph of the Will

We sure that’s not a Fox on air talent? 

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Hispanics voting Trump - Leopards eating peoples faces party voters, example eleventy billion.  It's. SO.  FUCKING.  STUPID.

I have had my loyalty as an American questioned plenty of times in recent years, based on my last name.  There are "real Americans" (white folks, with obviously white names), and then there's....not real Americans (me and my family, and everyone like us, or with a similar "foreign sounding" name).  Why any of us would vote for the party that is proudly racist, xenophobic, and white supremacist (and don't tell us the lie about "no, it's just about whether they're here legally" -- the fucking leadership behind Trump wants to end ALL immigration, and has pushed to end LEGAL status (including citizenship) for anyone they can catch up in their sick process (like challenging my US citizen father, who was born in a border town back when hospital records weren't perfect)).  They are racist pieces of shit, and they ARE coming for you, they WILL attack you....so don't be stupid and vote for them.

I've only known one of these people and I (obviously) am not in contact with her anymore.  I wish I was because I would just like to ask her if she thinks she'll be fine because "she's one of the good ones".  I would love to see her face when she realized she would be first against the wall.

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I have had my loyalty as an American questioned plenty of times in recent years, based on my last name. 

Have to admit that Bin Laden had negative connotations.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I watched 30 seconds of white people standing around in a shitty yard and gave up.  What happened?

She basically admitted that she was suspicious of Hispanic people and that they are the only illegals here (ignoring Elon Musk and Co.).

Well, she openly admitted it - she saw no need to ask for the documentation of the white guy because she could see he was white, it was just the Hispanics.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

She's an old school Republican that knew how to work the religious nuts up in the primaries, but she was still able to read the room and know when to back off so that it didn't hurt the Republicans in the general elections.

2 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

4 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Disagree with your final sentence somewhat because I think the gop endgame is to literally dismantle the constitution to stay in power. I don’t disagree that the average MAGA crowd lacks organizational ability, just that the trajectory of the party will substantially be any different.

Trump is hurting the down-ballot candidates, both in terms of negative publicity and making the public weary of Republicans, but also in terms of finances.

Republicans/Republicans are having fundraising issues here and there, not helped that Trump is trying to drain not only the RNC's coffers, but the down-ballot coffers by charging them a percentage if they want to use his likeness or endorsement.  Republican Presidential candidates in the past understood that you need to support down ballot candidates and they need to support you, because politics is local and stuff.  Those down ballot candidates are the ones filling out school boards, and they are the county dog catchers, city council members, etc. who are actually on the ground at the local level and walking the block and knocking on doors and talking to their Bible study groups and shaking hands at the Gold Corral to get voters out.

When Trump loses again, there will be a real fight for power.  Just like in college football, BMDs don't like tossing large sums of money at losers, and Trump, Three Toes, Boobert, Gym Jordan, Butthead, Doctor Feelgood, Comer Pyle, etc. will be on thin ice if they keep backing Trump.  The GQP has course-corrected in the past when a strategy didn't win, and they will do so again, especially when the nutters mentioned above, as well as all of the others who are anti-abortion (and anti-contraception) won't shut the fuck up about abortion and contraception.

People like Nikki are hedging their bets on the slim chance that Trump wins, but when he loses, the batshit Republicans wanting a theocracy better watch their corn holes and not stop at any toll booths.

• Hook 'Em 1

Republicans continue to show they are the dumbest fucking people, and they do it publicly.

GOWUdPqacAEJpLF?format=png&name=small

https://www.military.com/military-appreciation-month#:~:text=Congress designated May as National,for troops past and present.

Congress designated May as National Military Appreciation Month in 1999 to ensure the nation was given the chance to publicly show their appreciation for troops past and present.  It serves as a reminder of the profound contributions made by service members.

Each year, the president makes a proclamation reminding Americans of the important role the U.S. Armed Forces have played in the history and development of our country. May was chosen because it has many individual days marked to note our military's achievements, including Loyalty Day, established in 1921, Victory in Europe (VE) Day commemorating the end of WWII in Europe in 1945, Children of Fallen Patriots Day, and the anniversary of the death of Osama bin Laden.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Odds are good that draino never referred to June as Pride month. 

Odds are also good that he celebrated June by sucking even more dick than normal.  Because these dudes are always closeted cock gobblers.  ALWAYS.

NTTAWWT (the cock-gobbling part, at least.  The "self-hating closeted" part, yeah, that part is shitty).

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Republicans continue to show they are the dumbest fucking people, and they do it publicly.

GOWUdPqacAEJpLF?format=png&name=small

https://www.military.com/military-appreciation-month#:~:text=Congress designated May as National,for troops past and present.

They're a bunch of grievance thirsty bitches. Simple as. DT out front shoulda told ya. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

John Roberts will call it free speech.  Nothing to see here.

Any way, the only people dumb enough to fall for it were voting for dotard already.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Like 1