The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Well this seems about right.

It's baby steps. For him, he was all in on the GOP, then grew disillusioned once he saw the inner-workings of it and how they don't give a shit and would happily let him rot in jail, and so he's now in the libertarian phase of his life.  By the time he's 40, he'll be staying home and not voting, and by the time he's 45, he'll be voting for Democrats.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Still a piece of shit who couldn't carry Gary Payton's jock strap if you gifted him a motorized wheelbarrow.

If you can use him to steer any Qanon/MAGA relatives/acquaintances to RFK Jr and away from Trump, I'll say nice things about Stockton.  The more of these types that latch onto RFK, the better.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Still a piece of shit who couldn't carry Gary Payton's jock strap if you gifted him a motorized wheelbarrow. 

Michael Jordan kept this piece of shit and his statutory rapist teammate from winning a ring. Sorry LeBron, you'll never be the GOAT.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

What in the flying fuck?  A stock photo of some busses in a parking garage and he's basing an entire conspiracy theory on it with which to explain away an attempted domestic insurrection/overthrow of the very Republic he swore to protect?  

Or is he just mad that when he puts on glasses, he died in "Blade Runner 2049"

18 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

this new "Ghost Busses" story line is so stupid. I guess the writers strike is affecting the simulation show runners as well. 

We at least know the part of the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man will be played by George Santos.  And the rabid dog, played by Marjorie Taylor Greene.  

16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

FBI informants?

I think he's one of those people that meets somebody in a shady situation and says, "Are you an FBI informant?  Legally, if you are, you have to tell me."  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

What in the flying fuck?  A stock photo of some busses in a parking garage and he's basing an entire conspiracy theory on it with which to explain away an attempted domestic insurrection/overthrow of the very Republic he swore to protect?  

Or is he just mad that when he puts on glasses, he died in "Blade Runner 2049"

OFFICAL GOP MISSION STATEMENT 2023

”A stock photo of some busses in a parking garage and  basing an entire conspiracy theory on it with which to explain away an attempted domestic insurrection/overthrow of the very Republic we were swore to protect”  

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

”A stock photo of some busses in a parking garage and  basing an entire conspiracy theory on it with which to explain away an attempted domestic insurrection/overthrow of the very Republic we were swore to protect”  

I'm not remotely kidding in typical Lobo style bullshit.  Right after I posted that, I clicked on some RSVP to some talk at our new right-wing UT think tank.  And the captcha/robot deal was clicking pics that have/do not have pics of busses in them.  I managed to pass the test but between an actual member of Congress screaming this was all a vast ghost bus conspiracy and this AI test bullshit, we are living in a simulation.  I don't know the fuck else to explain this shit.  

That they bragged about doing on social media before during and after.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I'm not remotely kidding in typical Lobo style bullshit.  Right after I posted that, I clicked on some RSVP to some talk at our new right-wing UT think tank.  And the captcha/robot deal was clicking pics that have/do not have pics of busses in them.  I managed to pass the test but between an actual member of Congress screaming this was all a vast ghost bus conspiracy and this AI test bullshit, we are living in a simulation.  I don't know the fuck else to explain this shit.  
Grift and media silos.

On 11/13/2023 at 8:41 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Feels like this should be getting more play, if real.  Is it real?

No, I don't think so.  That would far exceed the contribution limits to individual Senators, even to the 21 of them on the Judiciary Committee.

Contributions to PACs can be unlimited in certain circumstances, but those circumstances do not include directing the money to individual or groups of Senators.  And because the Democrats hold the majority, some of the contribution would have had to be to a Democratic PAC.

There are ways to tool that shit around, but not that far, I don't think.  @Js1 or @Bateshorn maybe can confirm or deny.

Besides, why would the 11 Dems on the committee take Crow's money?  Even I'm not that cynical. ETA:  I see that it doesn't allege that Dems took the money.  Dems can issue a subpoena because they hold the majority in the Committee.

1. The Chair of the Committee, with the agreement of the Ranking Member or by a vote of the Committee, may subpoena the attendance of a witness at a Committee or Subcommittee hearing or Committee deposition, or the production of memoranda, documents, records, or any other materials. Any such subpoena shall be issued upon the signature of the Chair or any other Member of the Committee designated by the Chair

Related question, why does Crow need to pay off the Rs?  They were never going to cooperate anyway.  They are threatening to fuck with the spending bill to avoid the shutdown.

ETA, again:  The only place that is repeated anywhere on the internet seems to indicate that those are Crow's lifetime contributions to those R Senators.

Long story short, that's a load of shit.  I seem to recall that Lindsey Li account being pretty unreliable.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

F_KqCd-WAAAIIUO?format=jpg&name=large

How long before Elon shows up at one of these? 

Hours.  Seriously, it's a matter of moments.

And Jesus tapdancing Christ, look at that roster of fucking worthless, idiotic pieces of shit.  That crew is what passes as "thought leaders" for half of our fucking country.  Jesus.  A panel of "The Real Housewives of Any Fucking City, Or All of the Fucking Cities, Who Gives a Shit?" would be more respectable.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

What about Candace Kirk Cameron?  Are they available?

My old friend from UT has done a lot of the playbills for ACL Music Festival and other C3 Presents festivals over the years.  And he discretely has a wall of them in his home and it's cool to see them side by side over the years and how the designs change but still kinda have the same feel.  He doesn't advertise it but it's really cool to see since he's spent so much time on them over the last 20 years.  And then I think about his equivalent at all these right-wing summits and conferences.  The marketing bill looks the same over and over again and he must show them off to friends and even women.  And people are actually impressed by the work.  And someday, there'll be a thread on some newer version of this website of "Cool Music Icons" and then below it will be "Cool posters of Insurrectionists" and my children won't know the fucking difference.  

On 11/17/2023 at 7:38 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Is Alina habba not busy those dates with other business?

Probably how Trump is paying her.  You know that America First Conference in December?  That's your first installment.  Each additional installment will be paid with an appearance at Trump fundraisers and subsequent RW conferences.