The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

8 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I gotta think that being half way decent and polite to women these days and a single guy can flat out clean up.  You need only do the little things, like treat a women like she's a person, not chattel, with a valued independent opinion.  I don't get it, these young Republican guys are basically anti-getting pussy (no offense intended ladies) and they are oddly glorifying their inability.  Being nice to people these days on a college campus probably makes you the Wayne Gretzky of scoring women these days.  

I really wonder what percentage of young males are this way though. They have to be a vast minority right?

• Hook 'Em 1

I actually do believe that online-shopping style dating apps driven by algorithm and immediate physical response to a photo may be the worst way people have yet dreamed up to foster healthy relationships and cross-sex social skills. It’s shitty for men and shitty for women in different ways. 

The way incel and masculinity grifters encourage young men to respond to the problem is even shittier. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I really wonder what percentage of young males are this way though. They have to be a vast minority right?

I have to figure that this is a vocal minority, at least based on my own experiences.  When I was that age, pretty much everything I did was predicated on trying to get women (with varying degrees of success and failure, more failure than success, but I feel no shame there).   I would say the same could be said for the vast majority of my peer group at the time.   Obviously, painting your own experiences as the same as others is often incorrect, but I find it hard to believe that most young men aren't still after the same thing I was at that age.  

In retrospect, if I had the experience and knowledge that I have now, specifically the maturity, I'm sure I'd have fared far better than I did without it.  I doubt I'm alone in that.  It's just difficult to believe that young men, rather than attempting to vary their approach towards failure with women are opting to just to be vocal about how much they suck at it and that it's cool not to change.  

When I fucked up a relationship (often), or asked a lady out and got told no (point me towards intramurals), or anything of the like; there was at least some level of self reflection after the fact.  These folks seem to reject that notion entirely, then question why it keeps going badly for them.   That's pretty much the definition of insanity.  

• Hook 'Em 3

How has nobody worked up a meme with Don Draper & Laine Pryce at the theater, and Don saying "You know what's going on here...don't you?  Handjobs."  And then cut to Boebert and her date.  

What's the difference between Taylor Swift's boyfriend and Lauren Boebert's boyfriend?  "One's job is to use his hands and the other's is to..."  Dammit, I'll have something for this later today! 

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

I have to figure that this is a vocal minority, at least based on my own experiences.  When I was that age, pretty much everything I did was predicated on trying to get women (with varying degrees of success and failure, more failure than success, but I feel no shame there).   I would say the same could be said for the vast majority of my peer group at the time.   Obviously, painting your own experiences as the same as others is often incorrect, but I find it hard to believe that most young men aren't still after the same thing I was at that age.  

In retrospect, if I had the experience and knowledge that I have now, specifically the maturity, I'm sure I'd have fared far better than I did without it.  I doubt I'm alone in that.  It's just difficult to believe that young men, rather than attempting to vary their approach towards failure with women are opting to just to be vocal about how much they suck at it and that it's cool not to change.  

When I fucked up a relationship (often), or asked a lady out and got told no (point me towards intramurals), or anything of the like; there was at least some level of self reflection after the fact.  These folks seem to reject that notion entirely, then question why it keeps going badly for them.   That's pretty much the definition of insanity.  

I will again point to the dating app experience, where men far outnumber women:

1. Men: Cheaply send out hundreds of low-effort approaches to anyone you look at and think “she’ll do.” 

2. Women: Receive hundreds of low-effort approaches that basically say “fuck?”

That’s not a good experience for anyone. And it doesn’t encourage self-reflection. 

My hot take is that blind dates or mutual friends setting you up are maybe the best way to meet people.  Your friends usually want something good for you and have a more unbiased vision of who you are and who you might work well with than you do. That’s not a bad start. 

• Hook 'Em 3

56 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I suspect it's a vocal minority. I've told a story here before about an employee that ran into some HR trouble for leering at women in the workplace. I had a sit down with him and explained the concept of unwanted attention because he didn't comprehend what was wrong with leering.

This was over twenty years ago. I was in my 20s at the time and only several years older than him so I tried to help him out. There were a lot of reality checks involved because he had a classic incel attitude. Nobody gave him these ideas he just formed them on his own. It didn't help that he was a big Tucker Max fan.

Fortunately, I was able to convince him to stop expecting a 10 because a lot of his frustration was that the ones he was interested in were never interested in him. He was so hyperfocused on their looks that he never considered things like personality compatability or the fact he was a goofy looking dork. Eventually he recalibrated his expectations and ended up meeting someone.

I think if all the red pill shit that exists now was around back then he would have ended up going down a dark path. All that red pill stuff would have just reinforced his delusions.

TLDR.

Incels have always been amongst us but they found each other online and formed a very loud online echo chamber.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

1. Men: Cheaply send out hundreds of low-effort approaches to anyone you look at and think “she’ll do.” 

2. Women: Receive hundreds of low-effort approaches that basically say “fuck?”

That’s not a good experience for anyone. And it doesn’t encourage self-reflection. 

My hot take is that blind dates or mutual friends setting you up are maybe the best way to meet people.  Your friends usually want something good for you and have a more unbiased vision of who you are and who you might work well with than you do. That’s not a bad start. 

Online dating/hooking up is the modern day equivalent to cosplaying Captain Ahab.  If you want good odds, do things like volunteering at the local animal shelter, going to a yoga class, etc.  You know, where women actually are.  Online cruising for ladies is lazy, plus you get lumped in with all the creeps, and I am generally betting your overall odds are pretty low.  Then once in presence of women, don't act like an ass, then you got a shot.  

I know I'm gonna regret asking this---but what, or who, the fuck is Cosplaying Captain Ahab?  You been hanging out at the wharf 'singles' bars looking for your big, white one again?  Not judging.  But also judging.  

24 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Online dating/hooking up is the modern day equivalent to cosplaying Captain Ahab.  If you want good odds, do things like volunteering at the local animal shelter, going to a yoga class, etc.  You know, where women actually are.  Online cruising for ladies is lazy, plus you get lumped in with all the creeps, and I am generally betting your overall odds are pretty low.  Then once in presence of women, don't act like an ass, then you got a shot.  

Yeah, I don't get the culture.  I'm no catch, I'm short, not particularly athletic or good-looking, but I'm not an idiot (shut up) and I'm not scared to talk with people.  I never had any problem getting dates, many of whom were seemingly above my pay grade.

Pay attention, show interest in them, don't be a dick, don't be uninteresting.  Apparently this is really difficult for the incels.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I have to guess that many young men especially white, are drawn to attitudes expressed by Andrew Tate or similar influencers. And while Tate may not be a political influencer, there must be a strong correlation between Tate and Trump supporters.

Tate fans are pretty much 100% also Trump supporters. Thinking of women as property/subhumans who exist solely for your pleasure/control matches up perfectly with Trumpism.
These guys aren’t getting laid. Which only makes them angrier. Which makes them even less attractive to women. An incel death spiral.
If they want to get laid, all they have to do is choose not to be completely unlikable assholes. Too much of a tall order, it seems.
  • Hook 'Em 3

49 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I know I'm gonna regret asking this---but what, or who, the fuck is Cosplaying Captain Ahab?  You been hanging out at the wharf 'singles' bars looking for your big, white one again?  Not judging.  But also judging.  

incels trying to score an Instagram model, those are your modern Ahabs.  Ironically, as Austin is aware, an Instagram model can in fact kill you.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Tate fans are pretty much 100% also Trump supporters. Thinking of women as property/subhumans who exist solely for your pleasure/control matches up perfectly with Trumpism.
These guys aren’t getting laid. Which only makes them angrier. Which makes them even less attractive to women. An incel death spiral.
If they want to get laid, all they have to do is choose not to be completely unlikable assholes. Too much of a tall order, it seems.

I would bet even young guys getting laid look up to Tate to some extent. Tate shows off wealth and he puts life in simple terms. “If you’re with me, you’re a badass and if not, you’re a beta.” I’m sure that some young men struggle to go against their peers when Tate and/or his philosophy is brought up.

And of course, Tate is an actual sex trafficker, which the right normally rails against, but some (many?) on the right embrace Tate.  Very bizarre.

4 hours ago, BamaATL said:

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, I don't get the culture.  I'm no catch, I'm short, not particularly athletic or good-looking, but I'm not an idiot (shut up) and I'm not scared to talk with people.  I never had any problem getting dates, many of whom were seemingly above my pay grade.

Pay attention, show interest in them, don't be a dick, don't be uninteresting.  Apparently this is really difficult for the incels.

I know we talk about incels and the online shit, but there’s always things like Facebook.  Granted I was in my 20s before Facebook was a thing, but almost half of my friends/former classmates and coworkers on there (that I’ve known going back to the 80s) are women and plenty are single. If I was suddenly single and wanted to quickly find a date, there’s probably 20 or 30 I could find through there or through friends and family on there, because I didn’t treat my former classmates/coworkers/friends like shit or place them on a pedestal or just act weird around them or towards them in general, nor is my FB feed weird and I’m not posting stupid shit on there.

These incel dumbfucks have the problem of growing up around social media where they post stupid shit that can easily turn women off, and their record is there for everybody to see - especially when they do something like ask somebody out, get turned down, and then go on a social media rant about “the dumb bitch doesn’t know what she’s missing out on”. Congratulations, you’ve just told any decent women to never be alone with you or accept a date with you.  

Most of these idiots have always known social media, have always been on it, did stupid shit when they were teens on it to get the likes, and they just don’t have a gap between stupid shit in their teens that would get beaten out of them or get them shunned, and them being older and having learned.  It’s just a pipeline of stupid shit that stays with them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

If you all didn’t take the chance to tell your MAGA friends/family that the Super Bowl (Superb Owl for my blood-drinking friends) was rigged to help Biden before the game tonight, and that you had read about it on The Dark Web that Soros ordered that the chiefs win, you really missed out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If you all didn’t take the chance to tell your MAGA friends/family that the Super Bowl (Superb Owl for my blood-drinking friends) was rigged to help Biden before the game tonight, and that you had read about it on The Dark Web that Soros ordered that the chiefs win, you really missed out.

oh, they trolling

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I know we talk about incels and the online shit, but there’s always things like Facebook.  Granted I was in my 20s before Facebook was a thing, but almost half of my friends/former classmates and coworkers on there (that I’ve known going back to the 80s) are women and plenty are single. If I was suddenly single and wanted to quickly find a date, there’s probably 20 or 30 I could find through there or through friends and family on there, because I didn’t treat my former classmates/coworkers/friends like shit or place them on a pedestal or just act weird around them or towards them in general, nor is my FB feed weird and I’m not posting stupid shit on there.

These incel dumbfucks have the problem of growing up around social media where they post stupid shit that can easily turn women off, and their record is there for everybody to see - especially when they do something like ask somebody out, get turned down, and then go on a social media rant about “the dumb bitch doesn’t know what she’s missing out on”. Congratulations, you’ve just told any decent women to never be alone with you or accept a date with you.  

Most of these idiots have always known social media, have always been on it, did stupid shit when they were teens on it to get the likes, and they just don’t have a gap between stupid shit in their teens that would get beaten out of them or get them shunned, and them being older and having learned.  It’s just a pipeline of stupid shit that stays with them.

18 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Both of these.  The incel types I keep seeing are such a fucking beating.  No woman would want to spend 10 minutes with them let alone date/marry.

Very good point about them being online their entire lives.

Also a good point about going to where women actually are.  Stop listening to Joe Rogan or something and go to a yoga class or run group.  (Run groups are also predominantly women.)  If I wasn't married, I could throw so much leg at the yoga studio I go to.  They all know my wife so they don't openly hit on me.  The wife and I even joke about it.

There is a VERY good podcast out there right now about this.  "Plain English with Derek Thompson" is part of the Ringer network.  He dropped one last week titled "The Gender War Within Gen Z" and looks at why and how young men are becoming more conservative while young women are becoming more liberal.  He looks at the US, Western Europe, and South Korea.  I've listened to this twice and it's VERY good.  In short, young men feel they have fewer and fewer sexual/dating options.  (They actually don't but that's the point.)

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....nothing THERE says "youth minister who has had allegations of sexual abuse against him covered up for years."

Why are these people all fucking creepy losers?

Mentioned this in one of the other threads but the podcast "Plain English with Derek Thompson" recently had an episode titled "The Gender War Within Gen Z."  It's not your imagination.  The more incel type guys are becoming more conservative/right wing while the girls are becoming more liberal.  He looks at not only the US but also Western Europe and South Korea.  He gets into the how and why.  Really good episode to the point I've listened to it twice.

On 2/11/2024 at 12:46 PM, 956 Worldwide said:

I think I remember seeing somewhere that Ashley Madison wound up being one gigantic sausage fest site - with a bunch of “female” catfishers (prolly Russian mob) trying to get ID and credit card info from incels and stupid cheater husbands. 

But to your other point, one of my younger paralegals was talking about getting a dick pic text to her phone as I was walking by. She started laughing when she realized I had heard her.   I asked her how often she got those. She said “all the time… it’s how I know who not to date. I think there’s a correlation between being sent dick pics and later getting beaten up by the guy”

Jesus!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

30 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I think I remember seeing somewhere that Ashley Madison wound up being one gigantic sausage fest site - with a bunch of “female” catfishers (prolly Russian mob) trying to get ID and credit card info from incels and stupid cheater husbands. 

But to your other point, one of my younger paralegals was talking about getting a dick pic text to her phone as I was walking by. She started laughing when she realized I had heard her.   I asked her how often she got those. She said “all the time… it’s how I know who not to date. I think there’s a correlation between being sent dick pics and later getting beaten up by the guy”

Jesus!!

In a sea of weirdos one must stand out.  That's why i'm breaking out my go to taint shot,  A sure fire way to differentiate.  

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

image.thumb.jpeg.74ae14669e424a63fb98a807906eb72b.jpeg

I know you've all had to endure carpal-tunnel through my long diatribes about breaking down the Trump electorate.  

But been stuck in rush hour more than usual lately with a shifted schedule (putting in the drywall at the new McDonald's in Las Colinas).  The GOP female voter bloc, at least in Texas.  Completely anecdotal, but every single fucking one I know does not that mold of, "Well, she just votes like her husband tells her to."  I was literally scrolling through hundreds (no pics) of female Trumpers/Texas GOP'ers I know.  And to the very last one of them, they are the more politically engaged/relationship-dominated member of the couple.  In 99% of the cases, she's most likely telling the husband how to vote as opposed to the cliche paradigm.  I never really thought about it until the last few weeks, and I know the other trope rings true all over the country.  But I keep wringing my hands over, "How can women vote for this douchebag?"  Thinking it has to be more than just taxes or abortion, or maybe they feel societal pressure to conform to gender norms that their husband handles the money and the voting and she handles the child-rearing and the housekeeping.  But it's the opposite, they're the ones more passionate about Trump and not only are they taking their husband's vote to the bank for Trump...they're convincing their female relatives and friends to do the same.  So much unpacking to do when this shitshow is all over.  Miles to go before we sleep...