The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Interior design is not the same thing as interior decorating. Source: interior designer girlfriend. 

One of the things that triggered my ex was when someone, generally on tv, would pronounce “decor” as “daycor”

#interiordesignerproblems

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I prefer to ask election deniers if they also deny all their down-ballot victories.

I also say something to the effect of “shit, I wish they were a lot better at rigging the election and weren’t so incompetent. If they could do that then the turtle and lindsay wouldn’t have gotten re-elected in 2020.”

This is a subtle way of suggesting they’re full of shit while playing to their belief that Dems are incompetent.

Without fail, I always get a nod and a grin.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’d toss this into the mix - a lot of us have encountered friends and family who say the 2020 election was stolen (stollen!) or rigged somehow. 

The response needs to be “if you truly believed it was stolen, then you would have been in D.C. on January 6th like Trump asked you to be, but you weren’t there like Trump asked so either you didn’t believe it was stolen or you didn’t care if it was.  I’m leaning toward you didn’t believe it.”

Or to keep it simple:

Relative: The election was stolen

You: Why didn’t you care enough to go to D.C. on January 6th?

Make them uncomfortable.  Don’t challenge how it was “stolen” either. Just ask them why they did nothing on January 6th.  If you try to argue how it was stolen, you give them wiggle room to try and flood the conversation with conspiracy bullshit.  

Just go along with them believing it was stolen and hammer away at why they weren’t in D.C., because with that simple question there is no excuse they can give that will make them or their argument sound good.  The kids being in school or a dental appointment or meeting at work will sound weak.    

You can toss in that if you believed an election was stolen, you sure as hell wouldn’t sit around whining on Facebook, you’d be in D.C.  

I have a hard time imagining a conversation more pointless than this, man. You can't reason people out of beliefs they didn't reason themselves into. Playing cute little logic games with dipshits might make us feel smart, but it either accomplishes nothing or makes them resentful of you for acting superior and then they double down on their nonsense. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Well, I'm in the restroom about to get dressed and head to my daughter's open house at school where I looked forward to her project on women in politics.  Super proud of her project.  And I see this shit, so I call while I'm getting dressed.  I actually get Rep. Libby (funny to me because there's a Ms. Lippy at her school as in Billy Madison.  But I ask her that while they certainly had freedom to assemble and even carry weapons...how can she say they didn't do anything illegal.  She defends and repeats her position and commentary as posted in this video.  So I ask, even if you ignore their crimes in the macro sense, "You do realize they were actually found guilty on hundreds of counts for committing illegal activities, war crimes, crimes against humanity, etc. at Nuremberg."  The fucking cunt's reply was, "I don't know what Nuremberg Court means.  Sounds made up by you to try to embarrass me and yourself."  

This happened today.  By an elected official.  In a swing state.  Today.  I'm not saying everybody should have an intricate knowledge of the Nurburging.  But when you're a state-elected official talking about Nazis, maybe do 30 seconds of homework you fucking shitheap.  There were literally dozens of them found guilty or pleaded to crimes and illegalities.  which is a polite way of saying found guilty pf crimes against humanity.  So maybe start there bitch and then lecture us on the right to peacefully assemble to worship fascists.  

In our astounding drift into facism, I've wondered how "we" can forget the last round of this global inclination.

I think the part of "we" who are astounded were the children of the WW2 generation so that story got told often. The attitude towards Nazism and military imperialism was transferred gut to gut through TV shows, movies, books, and recollection. I fought the war against the Germans, Japanese, and Comanches across the suburban yards of Houston. I died many time but always prevailed.

The other part of "we" view that time like we view WW1. It's interesting but increasingly vague. One has to look for it to learn about it.

Of course, I'm talking about people like the woman in Maine. She says Nazi and thinks of today's Nazis. American Nazis. Those of us who have the gut feeling about Nazis envision a supremely racist authoritarian rule that not only murdered millions of Jews and other non-Aryans but starved and worked them to death. The Gestapo and SS are entities whose names chill us.

Not the same for her and others who didn't grow up as most of us did. Obvious lessons fade. Nazis are handsome white guys with torches who care deeply for the ideal white American dream. 

Forget it, Jake. It's Idiot World.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

The representative from the great state of Georgia has the floor...

Yeah, he's probably pissed that legions of assholes are running around the country pissing on the poor, weaponizing themselves and being racist pigs, all in his name. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yeah, he's probably pissed that legions of assholes are running around the country pissing on the poor, weaponizing themselves and being racist pigs, all in his name. 

Yeah if anything, MAGAs seem to be our punishment 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, GenXer said:

One of the things that triggered my ex was when someone, generally on tv, would pronounce “decor” as “daycor”

It comes from a French word that has a vowel sound halfway between the two, so whichever one she preferred, she still sounded like a Hillbilly to us high-falutin folk.

Maybe bring that up if you're bored and she won't stop calling you.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Maybe it means the end times are upon us, Marge.  So, you best get your cracker ass in good with the Jews and get you some space lasers.

Goddamn crazy cooze.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, WithoutAClue said:

not sure which topic this should go in, there are so many possibilities...

brainwash.jpg

I think you know where this belongs - let me give you a hint ...

• Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

In our astounding drift into facism, I've wondered how "we" can forget the last round of this global inclination.

I think the part of "we" who are astounded were the children of the WW2 generation so that story got told often. The attitude towards Nazism and military imperialism was transferred gut to gut through TV shows, movies, books, and recollection. I fought the war against the Germans, Japanese, and Comanches across the suburban yards of Houston. I died many time but always prevailed.

The other part of "we" view that time like we view WW1. It's interesting but increasingly vague. One has to look for it to learn about it.

Of course, I'm talking about people like the woman in Maine. She says Nazi and thinks of today's Nazis. American Nazis. Those of us who have the gut feeling about Nazis envision a supremely racist authoritarian rule that not only murdered millions of Jews and other non-Aryans but starved and worked them to death. The Gestapo and SS are entities whose names chill us.

Not the same for her and others who didn't grow up as most of us did. Obvious lessons fade. Nazis are handsome white guys with torches who care deeply for the ideal white American dream. 

Forget it, Jake. It's Idiot World.

Aside from the obvious disturbing fact that it's taking place on our soil during our lifetimes, it doesn't differ that much from every other time it's been effectively attempted/implemented.  Except for the most jarring fact of all.  So many attempts in human history.  They were, almost to a totality, based on the concept that "You have been wronged.  But you are the more intelligent people."  And one man came along at the right time and convinced people, "It's not because you are uneducated that you are here...it's because the educated put you this station in life."  The Three Reichs achieved power by convincing people they were the smarter ones, it was the other people that were of lower intelligence.  It lifted people up and made them capable of cruelty.  Later on, an Orange Man came along and came up with an even better idea.  "The educated think they are better than you and if you support me, I'll make sure you feel smarter about yourself."  He turned the whole thing on it's head.  "You are actually better than them precisely because of your lack of intelligence and education, not the usual way around throughout history."  I'm sure it's been successfully done at other points in history, but never, ever on this scale in such a prominent nation.  This trick will be studied by our grandchildren.  And even they won't figure out how it happened.  

3 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

So the tectonic plates on the Eastern Seaboard and eclipse that's been on the books for centuries by astronomers...are controlled by Joe Biden?  The guy that's so incompetent and senile he manages to control the movement of the Earth's crust and how the sun and moon work in conjunction when Artemis and Hyperion have their days off?  And this is happening now?  With a member of Congress?  

23 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

My aunt and uncle are in their early 60s and are successful business owners in Richmond VA.  I love them and hanging out with them.  They are fun, my cousins (their kids) are fun and it's always a blast to see them.  But they fell hook line and sinker for the drag queens and pedos in schools bit that Youngkin and others have been selling.  Even though they don't have kids in school anymore.  Even though they aren't particularly religious.  They are relatively good natured about it when I give them shit.  For instance, every time they say the word globalist, they have to drink.

Good that your relatives aren't closed minded enough to indoctrinate others in a with us or against us mentality.  Critical thinking is under attack. 

Used to see trans and drag queens hooking it on Friday and Saturday nights along Broad Street in Richmond.  It's not like they bother anybody--only the bigots mess with them.  The people that really care want to legislate morality in an attempt to hide their self inflicted shame.  The only rule should be to only involve consenting adults.      

7 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

…except for the con artist they voted for. That guy is totally above board and his $60 Bible was worth every penny!

Decisions decisions. Do you want a Bible, or one and a half shares of DJT?

Edited by Sawbonz

10 hours ago, GenXer said:

They were saying “décor,” and that’s how you say it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Walser said:

The ‘Ring has like 150+ corners it is tough to memorize.

NGL. I'm simple and have a son who races and drives...  My first thought was, "Wait, I can't like the idea of driving a Porsche around the Nurburgring any more?"

12 hours ago, WithoutAClue said:

not sure which topic this should go in, there are so many possibilities...

brainwash.jpg

China knew this way before the 60s.

Good luck, my fellow Americans.

7 hours ago, Macanudo said:

She probably thinks Jewish Space Lasers are causing them.

Bro.... Do you think she thinks anything?

The political forums are very interesting. 

Most elected officials aren't saying what they think (assuming they think) or believe. They're saying what they think will get them re-elected.

I've been trying to tell y'all this since the HF days. There are so few politicians that care about us, if any. They become millionaires 'serving' the greater good. 

I'm hoping against all hope that I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. History shows this country will become a mostly homogeneous community of non-thinkers. Which great society has not?

So the question becomes, will this country become a group of accepting non-thinkers?

Considering the primary drivers of the community over the history of this country (profit, division, war) it doesn't look good.

I want to be wrong.

I hope football can save us.

Edited by Slacks
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Slacks said:

Bro.... Do you think she thinks anything?

The political forums are very interesting. 

Most elected officials aren't saying what they think (assuming they think) or believe. They're saying what they think will get them re-elected.

I've been trying to tell y'all this since the HF days. There are so few politicians that care about us, if any. They become millionaires 'serving' the greater good. 

I'm hoping against all hope that I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. History shows this country will become a mostly homogeneous community of non-thinkers. Which great society has not?

So the question becomes, will this country become a group of accepting non-thinkers?

Considering the primary drivers of the community over the history of this country (profit, division, war) it doesn't look good.

I want to be wrong.

I hope football can save us.

So she became a Qanon adherent 3 years before running for any political office to lay the groundwork for a future run, but she never really believed in it?

12 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Only thing missing is “But Trump Bibles”. 

19 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

If only we had listened to God in April 1906 when San Francisco was nearly flattened by a 7.9 earthquake, killing thousands.  Dammit.  He clearly is trying to remind us.

image.png.106787a83d7641755a0e56ab59dcabf6.png

Instead, we dammed up Hetch Hetchy Valley, one of the most beautiful places in the Sierra. I think that may have been the opposite of god’s intention for that message. 

17 hours ago, Foosters said:

So she became a Qanon adherent 3 years before running for any political office to lay the groundwork for a future run, but she never really believed in it?

Politicians pretend a lot.

21 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

She's nothing new. Back when I had a buzz-cut from OCS, randos would see me in civilian dress and assume I was a skinhead. They'd talk, oh how they'd talk.

tldr/ your local locksmith thinks Hitler had no choice. Get a buzzcut, he'll tell you about it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

She's nothing new. Back when I had a buzz-cut from OCS, randos would see me in civilian dress and assume I was a skinhead. They'd talk, oh how they'd talk.

tldr/ your local locksmith thinks Hitler had no choice. Get a buzzcut, he'll tell you about it.

I shaved my head from 18-38. Never once had a run in with anyone telling me about how they agreed with the Nazis. 

10 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I shaved my head from 18-38. Never once had a run in with anyone telling me about how they agreed with the Nazis. 

Probably you looked like an Untermensch.

8 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

maybe it's an Alabama thing?  And you shaved your head all through the prime hair years?

North Carolina. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I had a plumber like that.  While I don't have a buzzcut, he became comfortable enough to tell me about how the Holocaust was faked and "the blacks" were taking over the country.  Seemed like a nice guy before that.  Great plumber.  I thought about kicking him out but he had my sink in pieces.  Then I pondered the odds of getting a non racist plumber in Arkansas and then I let it go.

• Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

32 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I had a plumber like that.  While I don't have a buzzcut, he became comfortable enough to tell me about how the Holocaust was faked and "the blacks" were taking over the country.  Seemed like a nice guy before that.  Great plumber.  I thought about kicking him out but he had my sink in pieces.  Then I pondered the odds of getting a non racist plumber in Arkansas and then I let it go.

Yeah, in my case, something about me makes people of all sorts vomit forth their deepest thoughts. Sometimes benign, sometimes not. Maybe I could have been a priest, if we're talking some kind of Liam Neeson adventure priest who has a grown girlfriend and never diddles kids.

Full Nazi is rare. More likely it's just some talk radio drivel, and it's tedious, but you just need your car fixed.

• Hook 'Em 1