The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It’s likely that many of the opportunists looting a Target store were apolitical. It’s fallacious to assume they have any political affiliation at all.

Additionally, unlike falsehoods of Antifa involvement on Jan 6 (accusation/confession), it's fairly-well documented that there was violence committed during the George Floyd protests by right-wing agitators and accelerationists. 

"Police say the masked, umbrella-wielding man who smashed windows at a Minneapolis auto parts store two days after George Floyd's death has ties to a white supremacist group and specifically sought to inflame racial tensions."

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/07/28/896515022/minneapolis-police-reportedly-identify-viral-umbrella-man-as-white-supremacist

"An Air Force sergeant who was arrested in the fatal ambush of a Santa Cruz County deputy was charged Tuesday in connection with the killing of a federal security officer during George Floyd protests in Oakland last month, authorities said."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/airman-charged-killing-federal-officer-during-george-floyd-protests-california-n1231187

"According to court documents, Hunter admitted to traveling from San Antonio to Minneapolis with the intent to participate in a riot. Hunter is a “self-described” member of the Boogaloo Bois, a loosely connected group of far-right individuals who espouse violent anti-government sentiments. The term “Boogaloo” references the group’s belief in an impending second civil war in the United States that includes a violent uprising against the government, according to the release."

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Boerne-boogaloo-bois-george-floyd-sentencing-17062213.php

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, royiv said:

Agreed. When it becomes the official official platform, as voted on by its members, it goes from fringe lunatics to mainstream GOP. This is what the official Texas GOP wants to advance as its agenda. If it wasn't, they would have found enough resistance to not advance it.

Well, you can't have it both ways.  If you think most Texas Republicans want to secede, you need to pass what you're smoking.

When I say they're fringe lunatics, I mean exactly that -- there was not a lot of mainstream participation in the development of that platform.  That was probably intentional -- disassociate but quietly support much of the platform.  Do I think the average Texas Republican is inherently racist?  Yes.  Do I think they want to put gays back in the closet?  Yes.  Criminalize abortion?  Yes.  I'm not entirely sure about "no gun restrictions whatsoever", but it has some support for sure.  I know without question that a subset -- probably a minority, though -- fully recognize that Biden won the election.

Believe me, I don't see anything good coming out of the codification of all these planks in the platform.  It's a roadmap, and other states will follow.

8 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Texas is the only state that came into the Union by treaty. It retains the right to secede at will. We have heard them threaten to secede so often that I formed an enthusiastic organization—The American Friends for Texas Secession. This stops the subject cold. They want to be able to secede but they don't want anyone to want them to.

― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley

SECede! SECede! SECede!

1 hour ago, Gap03 said:

If a few "RINOs" actually do get gunned down, I wonder if the rest of them might actually get on board for some anti-stochastic terrorism legislation.  Probably not, given the only way any of them get elected is by scaring the shit out of the rubes, but if it might push them toward trying to reign in this sort of bullshit, I'm willing to sacrifice a few Cornyns and Crenshaws to see how it turns out.  

GWP politicians will have the following two choices in that event:

1 -- become anti-stochastic terrorism.

2 -- go all-in on joining the terrorists.

You know which one they'll choose, because they've already chosen it.  The GQP is a terrorist organization.  Again, take any of those ads, and the Texas GQP platform, and make the proponent a muslim.  Every member of the GQP would (correctly) be calling that a platform of terrorism.

19 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Let's say a secession referendum passes in Texas.

Then what?

Then we Americans here in a treasonous state will need to decide which of our treasonous neighbors get shot.  Because I'm an American, and anyone who betrays my country and takes up arms against it (and that's what they'd have to do if they want secession to actually become effective).....well....we shot a shitload of Johnny Rebs, I have no problem with us mowing down the next batch of treasonous fucksticks.

Want to make this civil war a hot one, and right quick?  That's how you do it.

• Hook 'Em 1

man, there is some unbelievably stupid shit in there.

i would love to see their dumbfuck constituents if they actually instituted 16. i kind of wish it would actually happen so all these useless, fat fucks would die.

co2 not a pollutant and oppose environmentalism interfering with the proliferation of business.  

life begins at fertilization.  

no safety inspections for non-commercial vehicles seems smart.

no minimum wage.

repeal dodd-frank and sox.

we want no regulation on the internet but we want to regulate social media companies (33 and 34).

39 is a doozy.  we want free trade but we want to pull out of free trade agreements.

equal rights amendment is out.

everyone gets to be homeschooled.

the prohibition of any sex education whatsoever at 145 is pretty classic dumbshit republican garbage.

239 and 240 definitely show how committed these pieces of shit are to "doing something about mental health."

245 - 275 are pretty much just terrible people being terrible people.

305 - let's protect those confederate monuments folks.  

317 really brings it home on just being awful in every way.

good luck with your covenant marriages and repeal of any no-fault divorces.

i seriously wonder what some of our resident conservatives can possibly think about all this awful, awful shit.  can you imagine being associated with these perspectives?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, sidis said:

i seriously wonder what some of our resident conservatives can possibly think about all this awful, awful shit.  can you imagine being associated with these perspectives?

They've been conspicuously quiet. I'm genuinely interested for them to emerge and provide their thoughts on their party's platform. Do they support it? Do you they find it abhorrent? Is this enough to consider a change in who they vote for?

16 minutes ago, sidis said:

i would love to see their dumbfuck constituents if they actually instituted 16. i kind of wish it would actually happen so all these useless, fat fucks would die.

co2 not a pollutant and oppose environmentalism interfering with the proliferation of business.  

no minimum wage.

we want no regulation on the internet but we want to regulate social media companies (33 and 34).

39 is a doozy.  we want free trade but we want to pull out of free trade agreements.

the prohibition of any sex education whatsoever at 145 is pretty classic dumbshit republican garbage.

239 and 240 definitely show how committed these pieces of shit are to "doing something about mental health."

Thank you, sidis.  Some of these points were what I was trying to glom onto, but didn't have the time/ability to summarize.  The so-called possibility of secession is the more salacious discussion point, but these and other actual platform planks are just so bad.  And its why I take issue with those who say "ah, that's just written by the fringe."  It is the agreed upon platform for the Texas GOP.  Just publishing that should sink one's political aspirations in a sane. world.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, sidis said:

I guess if they wholeheartedly agree that this is the direction that Texas needs to move, there is no dilemma voting R. But I have to believe at least some of them would find this shit to be bat shit crazy (maybe wishful thinking) and will still pull the lever for the GOP in elections. that's what blows my mind. 

There's a truckload of horseshit in that platform, but lets just take the succession question. If they oppose that crap, how can they continue to support a party that wants to put that shit to a vote. You think Brexit was ugly, goddamn. At some point, dont they have to question the direction this party is taking Texas. Set aside the issue that it absolutely wont happen without a lot of awful shit happening, what does it say about the party leadership that thinks this is whats best for Texas? I honestly feel I'm caught in some insane dream. The party has been hijacked by extreme fucking morons, and the run of the mill GOP voter just shrugs their shoulders and keeps voting R.  

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Really? I imagine the U.S. doing just the opposite and saying Texas is still a part of the United States no matter what the referendum says.

Indeed, but these GOP states copy each other. What if Florida etc follows suit, Georgia, NC, etc... As hard as it is for me to actually believe, I'm starting to think there's a significant portion of the GOP actually putting the plans in place for a civil war. fucking insanity

• Rage+1 1

the more perverse side of me kind of wishes it would happen and all the elderly, fat, diabetic fucks that comprise the primary base of the party lost all their federal social security and medicare benefits in pursuit of their perceived utopia.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, sidis said:

the more perverse side of me kind of wishes it would happen and all the elderly, fat, diabetic fucks that comprise the primary base of the party lost all their federal social security and medicare benefits in pursuit of their perceived utopia.

sidis, I appreciate your summary, but I don't see the bullet points matching up with this document.  Can you clarify?

2022 TX Republican platform

I think we're reading different documents.  I can't tell if (linked) is what they voted on and passed.

39 minutes ago, sidis said:

no minimum wage.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Let's say a secession referendum passes in Texas.

Then what?

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I imagine the US would remove all its military installations and pull NASA out of Houston.

Texas would then be a nation where Catholics make up the largest religious denomination, with Hispanics soon being the largest group (and they may already be).

And we'd be sitting next to a Catholic nation of 130 million Hispanics, with a military of 280,000 soldiers (and another 80,000 reserves).

We have 20,000 soldiers in the Texas National Guard, and something like 2,800 DPS Troopers who would guard our 1,200 mile border.

giphy.webp

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

sidis, I appreciate your summary, but I don't see the bullet points matching up with this document.  Can you clarify?

2022 TX Republican platform

I think we're reading different documents.  I can't tell if (linked) is what they voted on and passed.

i was reviewing the document that was linked by mc fresh at his comment here:

looks like they are not the same.  perhaps that one was a draft.

28 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Indeed, but these GOP states copy each other. What if Florida etc follows suit, Georgia, NC, etc... As hard as it is for me to actually believe, I'm starting to think there's a significant portion of the GOP actually putting the plans in place for a civil war. fucking insanity

They don't want to secede. They want to rule the whole shootin' match. MAGA is a national movement not a state movement.

It's more likely they'll expell New York and California then Bataan Death March we dissenters to those borders.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Texas would then be a nation where Catholics make up the largest religious denomination, with Hispanics soon being the largest group (and they may already be).

And we'd be sitting next to a Catholic nation of 130 million Hispanics, with a military of 280,000 soldiers (and another 80,000 reserves).

We have 20,000 soldiers in the Texas National Guard, and something like 2,800 DPS Troopers who would guard our 1,200 mile border.

giphy.webp

So things would potentially improve in the long run? Bueno!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

They don't want to secede. They want to rule the whole shootin' match. MAGA is a national movement not a state movement.

It's more likely they'll expell New York and California then Bataan Death March we dissenters to those borders.

March us?  These guys? 

TSnfPrs.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I believe that same treaty allows Texas to split into as many as 5 states. Maybe we should look into that. 

No, the admission into the US did not allow for that indefinitely. If Texas wanted to be 5 states that shipped sailed >150 years ago.  However the facts don't stop people from spreading this lie again and again on social media.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Creasy Bear said:

Why is it so hard to accept that the riots in June 2020 were violent & destructive?

They were destructive. Who exactly caused the violence, and diverted attention from the protest, is not as clear cut. No one supported the riots. Most people want to talk about what motivated the protest, but, for a certain dishonest and willfully ignorant mindset, the riots are a reason to  avoid the conversation. Which is probably why the riots happened. 

But, yes there were bad actors at the protests. About as many as there are decent people in the shitshow that is the Republican Party. Forgive me if I don’t think about those unicorns. Unlike the rioters, sane Republicans have had no effect on public discourse.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Texas full on GQP ahead.  The secession stuff imo is just sensationalist (how many electoral college votes would the R's lose w/o Texas?).  

But there's some other 'fun':

Holy fuck.

But wait, there's more:

and of course, the abortion stuff.

Texas Could Vote to Secede From U.S. in 2023 as GOP Pushes for Referendum (newsweek.com)

I don't see why the GQP should want Texas to secede at this point.  The country is being effectively reshaped into Texas.

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, sidis said:

The numbers don't match up, but if you search the pdf you can find the points.  

244. Voting Rights: We support equal suffrage for all United States citizens of voting age. We oppose any 1400 identification of citizens by race, origin, creed, sexuality, or lifestyle choices, and oppose use of any such 1401 identification for purposes of creating voting districts. We urge that the Voting Rights Act of 1965, codified 1402 and updated in 1973, be repealed and not reauthorized.

5 51. Reduce Business Regulations: We believe that the following businesses should be minimally 296 regulated at all levels. 297 Federal Laws: 298 a. Repeal Minimum Wage Law and Prevailing Wage laws. 299 b. Repeal Dodd-Frank. 300 c. Repeal Sarbanes-Oxley. 301 d. Repeal The Lacey Act

e.t.c.  i'm not motivated to go through them all.

5 hours ago, Creasy Bear said:

1) I never compared the June 2020 riots to Jan 6th coup. I said both sides have radical factions that are the absolute worst representations of this country. If you’re unable to admit that then you’re part of the problem.

2) I’ll be sure to take a picture inside when I go in 2 weeks. 

LOL using High and Tight in Deep Ellum as a victim of BLM radicals.

The same High and Tight where a year before one of its employees pistol whipped a black lady outside?

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/felony-charge-filed-in-deep-ellum-beating-caught-on-video/219125/

This is a bit, isn't it?

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, you can't have it both ways.  If you think most Texas Republicans want to secede, you need to pass what you're smoking.

When I say they're fringe lunatics, I mean exactly that -- there was not a lot of mainstream participation in the development of that platform.  That was probably intentional -- disassociate but quietly support much of the platform.  Do I think the average Texas Republican is inherently racist?  Yes.  Do I think they want to put gays back in the closet?  Yes.  Criminalize abortion?  Yes.  I'm not entirely sure about "no gun restrictions whatsoever", but it has some support for sure.  I know without question that a subset -- probably a minority, though -- fully recognize that Biden won the election.

Believe me, I don't see anything good coming out of the codification of all these planks in the platform.  It's a roadmap, and other states will follow.

I guess I missed the parts where Dan Crenshaw, John Cornyn, Ted Cruz and all of the other R politicians at the convention stood in front of their constituents and told them that they thought the platform was batshit crazy. They endorse this shit. You may argue it's tacit endorsement, but staying silent when your brethren are doing crazy shit doesn't absolve them.

• Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

I guess I missed the parts where Dan Crenshaw, John Cornyn, Ted Cruz and all of the other R politicians at the convention stood in front of their constituents and told them that they thought the platform was batshit crazy. They endorse this shit. You may argue it's tacit endorsement, but staying silent when your brethren are doing crazy shit doesn't absolve them.

Exactly. Its all tacitly endorsed. Nary a peep from any of them. Did they not have a chance to speak? are they second class citizens in the Texas GOP? 

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I for one welcome the secession of Texas.  Can you take most of the south with you?  It would be really funny watching what happens.  You think inflation is bad now....LOL.

Does make one wonder how things are different now if the CSA is allowed to remain, in 1862. 

57 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

They were destructive. Who exactly caused the violence, and diverted attention from the protest, is not as clear cut. No one supported the riots. Most people want to talk about what motivated the protest, but, for a certain dishonest and willfully ignorant mindset, the riots are a reason to  avoid the conversation. Which is probably why the riots happened. 

But, yes there were bad actors at the protests. About as many as there are decent people in the shitshow that is the Republican Party. Forgive me if I don’t think about those unicorns. Unlike the rioters, sane Republicans have had no effect on public discourse.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, sidis said:

Looks like MC Fresh linked to the 2020 version while JJ is looking at the 2022 version.  You can't hold back "progress", man ...