The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

5 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

This cracks me up. I previously lived in AZ and Kari Lake was just a dumbass anchor reading the news on the local Fox station. She's now the Trump endorsed candidate for governor. She's literally following the Trump reality TV template. She wasn't even the fourth best anchor on Phoenix news. I love to see Brahm Resnik call her out.

6 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

In Scottsdale, when there is a Kari Lake sign, you almost always see this other one, in the same color scheme and similar headshot as below. Someone just recently tore down the one next to me

You could probably do something similar to trumpkin candidates all over the country and it would cause a decent amount of people to not show up to the polls. Doesn’t matter if there’s any truth to it at all. Their smooth brains would just take it as truth and they wouldn’t know what to do. 

I’m serious, I think one of the biggest reasons we got here is that these people aren’t capable of critical thought or reason and just take anything that is stated as fact. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I’m serious, I think one of the biggest reasons we got here is that these people aren’t capable of critical thought or reason and just take anything that is stated as fact. 

We've all seen tons of these interactions, or had them in person: "Why do you believe (insert crazy thing here)?"

"Because I heard someone say it/ I saw it online."

My favorite was when Rudy was being deposed and was asked why he thought some portion of Trump's lies was true, and he responded "I read it on facebook". They asked if he followed up to confirm if it was true or not. He said no. 

9 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So another thing the Texas republicans voted for was repeal of the 16th amendment to the constitution. 

which seems to indicate that they are aware that the constitution isn’t perfect and is allowed to be changed.  

which seems to be a different stance than their view on the 2nd amendment of the same document. 

they also must think they eliminating federal taxes would alleviate their tax burden, when people that can form thoughts could easily see that the result would be the states increasing their taxing to cover for all of the things they now are responsible for since the federal government wouldn’t be able to do them, like education funds, disaster funds, unemployment funds, road building and other infrastructure funds…

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Satchel said:

If, as the story goes, Abbott is only up 5 points with an angry, motivated base in his corner, what explains a purportedly de-energized Democratic electorate chomping at his heels?

This state will always be 45% hairy legged women and liberal fruitcakes thanks to Austin and big hunks of Dallas and Houston.  San Antonio gets a pass because of "Me Terrace."

17 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Vote democrat in response. Losing elections because of their choices is the only way to get them to make different choices. 

That’s not the answer either. The answer is purging the radicals from both parties. There really should be 3-4 parties but that won’t ever gain steam.

• Hook 'Em 1

Today we will see nearly every radical racist republican say something of hoe much Juneteenth means to them and why it’s important to celebrate. 

They are hypocrites who only use Blacks and Black culture as pawns. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So another thing the Texas republicans voted for was repeal of the 16th amendment to the constitution. 

which seems to indicate that they are aware that the constitution isn’t perfect and is allowed to be changed.  

which seems to be a different stance than their view on the 2nd amendment of the same document. 

they also must think they eliminating federal taxes would alleviate their tax burden, when people that can form thoughts could easily see that the result would be the states increasing their taxing to cover for all of the things they now are responsible for since the federal government wouldn’t be able to do them, like education funds, disaster funds, unemployment funds, road building and other infrastructure funds…

The democratic party needs to start pressing republicans on why they want to defund/weaken  our military. 

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Today we will see nearly every radical racist republican say something of hoe much Juneteenth means to them and why it’s important to celebrate. 

They are hypocrites who only use Blacks and Black culture as pawns. 

Maybe the politicians. My elderly neighbor shocked my wife yesterday by casually saying monday is c—n day, and when she didn’t understand he clarified by saying n———r day. 

they’re at church right now praising Jesus.  There’s crucifixes all over their house. 

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe the politicians. My elderly neighbor shocked my wife yesterday by casually saying monday is c—n day, and when she didn’t understand he clarified by saying n———r day. 

they’re at church right now praising Jesus.  There’s crucifixes all over their house. 

We need a lot of these people to just die. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

That’s not the answer either. The answer is purging the radicals from both parties. There really should be 3-4 parties but that won’t ever gain steam.

Agree on your last part. But both sides in the beginning part?  I don’t recall “radical democrats” staging a coup and trying to overthrow the government, failing, and then continuing to pass legislation aimed at disenfranchising millions of voters. 

Did they do that?  Because I don’t recall that. I suppose I could be wrong, so I’m willing to learn. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

This state will always be 45% hairy legged women and liberal fruitcakes thanks to Austin and big hunks of Dallas and Houston.  San Antonio gets a pass because of "Me Terrace."

But Texas has not always been a majority-minority state, which is becoming more so by the day. Voter engagement among non dominants is increasing and will become an important factor in the outcome of future elections in this state.

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Agree on your last part. But both sides in the beginning part?  I don’t recall “radical democrats” staging a coup and trying to overthrow the government, failing, and then continuing to pass legislation aimed at disenfranchising millions of voters. 

Did they do that?  Because I don’t recall that. I suppose I could be wrong, so I’m willing to learn. 

I remember a brick through my barbershop and 3 rocks through my favorite restaurant during June of 2020. I’d chalk that up as radical.

• Fuck You 11

7 hours ago, Creasy Bear said:

The number of left wing "radicals" and their degree of extremism can be described with one word:  tiny.  Fuck off.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

I remember a brick through my barbershop and 3 rocks through my favorite restaurant during June of 2020. I’d chalk that up as radical.

And that is the EXACT SAME THING as trying to overthrow the government!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Creasy Bear said:

In the scheme of social and political protests in this country, rocks thrown through windows in pretty standard stuff. Hunting down the VPOTUS in order to murder him, is not.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Creasy Bear said:

Oh noes, vandalism is definitely on par with an attempt to overthrow democracy.

How on earth can capitalism survive a broken window or two?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Creasy Bear said:

Cool. I’ll give you that and I’m sorry that happened due to “left wing radicals”.  I’m trying to be sincere. Did this make you think the storming of the Capitol on Jan 6th was justified?  I’m sorry if I’m conflating things. 

18 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Opinion: Republicans in Texas just voted to reject democracy

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/19/opinions/texas-gop-convention-obeidallah/index.html

I'm sure this has been posted here or elsewhere, but just more evidence this country has left decency and sanity in the rear view mirror ages ago

At least the Republicans are no longer hiding it though. 

That's the only positive.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

On 6/18/2022 at 8:25 PM, Satchel said:

If, as the story goes, Abbott is only up 5 points with an angry, motivated base in his corner, what explains a purportedly de-energized Democratic electorate chomping at his heels?

Partisanship is entrenched and Democrats have gained among the kind of educated, high turnout voters that tend to make up a disproportionate portion of the electorate relative to the general.

But Abbott will win by more than 5.

12 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

wonder how she feels about MLK Day ?