Phatterson

Hanrahan

On 9/14/2022 at 8:46 AM, South Austin said:

Our shitty 2021 team beat TCU on the road.  Patterson could take the week off before this game and we'd be fine.

Remember that Patterson left TCU because, ironically, our defense was so shitty last year, and things had been mediocre for several years. Our defense is already looking  much better this year. That said, I'm not at all sure that TCU can beat UT this year. Y'all sure looked salty against Bama. 

Regardless of all sub-arguments about which position or what player is still not really showing enough improvement, there isn't much argument about whether the Defense has improved. It has.

The real question is, what or who deserves credit for the improvement?

If it is in fact Patterson, so what? Do we invite PK to go back where he came from and install Patterson as DC? Has PK learned from Patterson and is he now ready to run it on his own, so we thank Gary and wish him well?

Or is it just PK learning the ways of this part of the country and finding better and/or more suitable players?

• Hook 'Em 1

My take on Patterson, at the time he came on board, was that he was hired as a dual-threat coach: first to report to the HC and manage the DC, and second to report to the AD and manage the HC.

If that was - and remains - the overall plan, I think it's time to yake the next step and dump a someone(s) on O and move Sark to OC and install Patterson at HC. Given the current staff, the first and most obvious guy is Milwee - not for any other reason than that we need a spot on O, and the QB assistant doesn't appear to be doing a lot. So, fire Milwee and move Sark to OC / QBs coach. 

Defense? Fuckifino, but the guy coordinating the D doesn't look to be doing that, and doesn't seem to be doing much at whatever position he claims to be coaching. I'ma leave that up to Patterson. Dump Kwiatkowsky and replace him with... ? I'd go for Boom, but it seems that we already tried, and didn't throw enough buckage into the pot. Dump the Kwitter and bring on Patterson's choice. Or don't. The D looked pretty solid versus Bama, so keep 'Kowsky but absolutely stay on top of the motherfucker to run the D the way you want it.

• Drool 1

4 hours ago, Tex Long said:

My take on Patterson, at the time he came on board, was that he was hired as a dual-threat coach: first to report to the HC and manage the DC, and second to report to the AD and manage the HC.

If that was - and remains - the overall plan, I think it's time to yake the next step and dump a someone(s) on O and move Sark to OC and install Patterson at HC. Given the current staff, the first and most obvious guy is Milwee - not for any other reason than that we need a spot on O, and the QB assistant doesn't appear to be doing a lot. So, fire Milwee and move Sark to OC / QBs coach. 

Defense? Fuckifino, but the guy coordinating the D doesn't look to be doing that, and doesn't seem to be doing much at whatever position he claims to be coaching. I'ma leave that up to Patterson. Dump Kwiatkowsky and replace him with... ? I'd go for Boom, but it seems that we already tried, and didn't throw enough buckage into the pot. Dump the Kwitter and bring on Patterson's choice. Or don't. The D looked pretty solid versus Bama, so keep 'Kowsky but absolutely stay on top of the motherfucker to run the D the way you want it.

angry adam sandler GIF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

“Hey, Pete, c'mon in. Have a seat.”

“Hey, Sark. Gary, good to see you.”

“Awright, Pete, I wasn't sure you remembered him. Good.”

“So, Gary, what's your position called, on the staff?”

“Wow, let's see... uh, something like Deputy Assistant to the Head Coach for Unfucking Defensive Things.”

“Right, yeah, that's what I thought, too... Pete, Gary has been keeping me up to date on things that are going on with the D. Some of those things don't seem to be changing, at all.”

“Huh? No, Sark, the D's fine, it's all good.”

“Man, I dunno, it seems like we're having trouble with some areas, like, you know, pass rushes, zone coverages with no defender within five yards of receivers, edge setters who don't set any edges...”

“No, Sark, I'm not sure who could be telling you stuff like that.”

“Pete, it's my own eyes. I asked Gary to help you with that stuff, and he says he's pointed out to you some pretty significant flaws in your game plans, and all you do is say 'yeah, right' and keep on doing the same stupid shit.”

“Sark, listen...”

“No,man, you listen. Here on out, you, me, and Gary are gonna sit down Sunday mornings. We're gonna discuss our next game and the D Plan. If you and Gary disagree, I'll decide who's got a better plan. If we pick Gary's plan, you'll run it. Agreed?”

“Aw, Sark, you know I can't do that. I know what I'm doing, I don't need Gary's so-called 'help', okay?”

“Yeah, Gary thought you'd say something like that. Here's your letter of resignation, just sign that and clean out your office. We're not going to dock you a penny, money's not a problem here, right? Just sign it. Or don't sign it, and you're fired. Pick one.”

“Gary, you're interim DC, you wanna let the team know for me?”

“You got it boss.”

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 11:43 AM, Tex Long said:

“Wow, let's see... uh, something like Deputy Assistant to the Head Coach for Unfucking Defensive Things.”

“Right, yeah, that's what I thought, too... Pete, Gary has been keeping me up to date on things that are going on with the D. Some of those things don't seem to be changing, at all.”

“Man, I dunno, it seems like we're having trouble with some areas, like, you know, pass rushes, zone coverages with no defender within five yards of receivers, edge setters who don't set any edges...”

“Pete, it's my own eyes. I asked Gary to help you with that stuff, and he says he's pointed out to you some pretty significant flaws in your game plans, and all you do is say 'yeah, right' and keep on doing the same stupid shit.”

“Sark, listen...”

“No,man, you listen. Here on out, you, me, and Gary are gonna sit down Sunday mornings. We're gonna discuss our next game and the D Plan. If you and Gary disagree, I'll decide who's got a better plan. If we pick Gary's plan, you'll run it. Agreed?”

“Aw, Sark, you know I can't do that. I know what I'm doing, I don't need Gary's so-called 'help', okay?”

“Yeah, Gary thought you'd say something like that. Here's your letter of resignation, just sign that and clean out your office. We're not going to dock you a penny, money's not a problem here, right? Just sign it. Or don't sign it, and you're fired. Pick one.”

“You got it boss.”

You should write for 9.95ers

On 10/16/2022 at 10:43 AM, Tex Long said:

“Sark, listen...”

“You got it boss.”

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

You should write for 9.95ers

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2022 at 10:27 PM, FrogFan said:

Remember that Patterson left TCU because, ironically, our defense was so shitty last year, and things had been mediocre for several years. Our defense is already looking  much better this year. That said, I'm not at all sure that TCU can beat UT this year. Y'all sure looked salty against Bama. 

Fuck you you jinxing fuck

• Hook 'Em 1