The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

Okay, I took the engagement bait tweet from the australian youtube guy and clicked through to watch his reaction video and the guy is sitting in a room filled decorated with star wars and other toys. If you want to get engagement from an angry fanboy tweet then the original is a work of art, he has just the right combination of hashtags and twitter handles to get results and views and Ryno Raging can enjoy his day for being the most viewed middle aged guy who is acting really angry about a Disney Star Wars episode.

• Haha 2

It was pretty cheesy. Textbook Filoni though. It wasn't as bad as the Martez sisters episodes of Clone Wars. Those are two characters that need an Order 66 put on them really quick. I agree with the other poster who said Lizzo and Jack Black are too Lizzo and Jack Black to the point that it's too distracting. Some unknowns would've been better. I liked the droid bar and the ending. Anyone else get a Boston Dynamics kicking the robot vibe when Din was trying to find the bad battle droid?

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

It was pretty cheesy. Textbook Filoni though. It wasn't as bad as the Martez sisters episodes of Clone Wars. Those are two characters that need an Order 66 put on them really quick. I agree with the other poster who said Lizzo and Jack Black are too Lizzo and Jack Black to the point that it's too distracting. Some unknowns would've been better. I liked the droid bar and the ending. Anyone else get a Boston Dynamics kicking the robot vibe when Din was trying to find the bad battle droid?

Emphatically. First thing that popped into my head.

• Like 1

It definitely feels like The Mandalorian Wars this season. It seems like after the finale of last season they really didn't have a direction to go other than integrating it into all the other Star Wars properties. I don't know that we can blame The Book of Boba Fett getting the best material for the general direction of the show. It just doesn't have any of that space western feel anymore.

Edited by NotActuallyALonghorn

1 hour ago, huge said:

I liked the Law and Order comparison

Whatever. I laughed pretty good a couple of times too.

Fun enough

I liked the Law and Order comparison

Whatever. I laughed pretty good a couple of times too.

Fun enough

I’m gonna go get the papers. Get the papers 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, mdmost said:

Probably Thrawn or someone in his fleet. 

This was my guess after that episode aired.

And yeah with two episodes left, my guess is that both will be solidly focused on setting up the Ashoka show. 

I think it's very possible we get an Ashoka and Sabine appearance and probably a Thrawn reveal in the last episode. I would bet they save the Ezra reveal for the Ashoka show.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I was hoping for Ezra or Thrawn as a lead in to the Ashoka series, but not sure how they get there with the way they are going.

Unfamiliar with thrawn outside of rebels. 

But we do have mandelorian mercenaries contracted to defend an independent planet, we have mandelorians given a large land stake in another independent planet, and we have mandelore itself out there. 

and then we have the off-screen escape/breakout of moff Rodney terry and the seed planted by the x wing pilot exposition of a new empire building. 

• Haha 1

No but Din said the Remnant Imperials don't like Bo for stealing their warship. It was parked on the lawn in the background of the final scene. So it could be elements of Gideon's group but most likely it's Thrawn. 

Edited by mdmost

Yeah, it's gotta be imperials of some sort. The Mandalorians still had their Mandalorian ships and no reason to hide their identity. Plus the imperials would have reason to go after Mandalorians for reasons other than them having a star destroyer. Moff Gideon wouldn't be a crazy reveal as we know he escaped, but if we find out it was Thrawn that orchestrated his escape that would be a pretty big reveal.

It’s starting to feel like they planned all along for “The Mandalorian” to refer to Bo Katan, until we get to a final season and realize it referred to Grogu all along. 

Beskar was in the prisoner ship, so Moff Gideon probably has some sect of loyalists from the time he held the dark saber. Hell, someone (Thrawn or that “rehabilitated” boy haircut lady) might have paid the Nite Owls to liberate him. It could’ve been Gideon or Thrawn that ordered the tie fighter attack on Bo Katan’s family vacation home, but I don’t get the motive at this point. Both of those dudes are hyper-strategic.

Edited by Murfdogg21

15 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

It’s starting to feel like they planned all along for “The Mandalorian” to refer to Bo Katan, until we get to a final season and realize it referred to Grogu all along. 

So the real Mandalorian was the kid we had along the way? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Yeah, it's gotta be imperials of some sort. The Mandalorians still had their Mandalorian ships and no reason to hide their identity. Plus the imperials would have reason to go after Mandalorians for reasons other than them having a star destroyer. Moff Gideon wouldn't be a crazy reveal as we know he escaped, but if we find out it was Thrawn that orchestrated his escape that would be a pretty big reveal.

Seems like the Mando mercenaries almost certainly are who busted Moff Gideon out...(there was the line about "we do whatever if the price is right")... and the episode was titled "Hired Guns.".... 

So my guess is that the Mando mercenaries were hired by Thrawn to bust out Gideon and were given the light Imperial cruiser as payment.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Beskar was in the prisoner ship, so Moff Gideon probably has some sect of loyalists from the time he held the dark saber. Hell, someone (Thrawn or that “rehabilitated” boy haircut lady) might have paid the Nite Owls to liberate him. It could’ve been Gideon or Thrawn that ordered the tie fighter attack on Bo Katan’s family vacation home, but I don’t get the motive at this point. Both of those dudes are hyper-strategic.

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Seems like the Mando mercenaries almost certainly are who busted Moff Gideon out...(there was the line about "we do whatever if the price is right")... and the episode was titled "Hired Guns.".... 

So my guess is that the Mando mercenaries were hired by Thrawn to bust out Gideon and were given the light Imperial cruiser as payment.

I wonder if it's that mando's broke Gideon out, or if he's got more dark troopers available on the bench

54 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I wonder if it's that mando's broke Gideon out, or if he's got more dark troopers available on the bench

possible, but in the Clone Wars there were factions of the Mandos that aligned with the Imperials.  

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m hesitant to watch the new episode. I saw spoilers about Lloyd, Black and Lizzo and it deeply pissed me off. I don’t want to feel rage this week.

Talk me off the ledge.

Ignore the cameos, treat the first 90% of the show as a fun Mando 5-0/CSI… and enjoy the payoff

1 hour ago, YChang said:

Ignore the cameos, treat the first 90% of the show as a fun Mando 5-0/CSI… and enjoy the payoff

Did we watch the same episode? 90% of the episode is cameos. This episode sucked. Worst of the series. 

I’d rather watch ice sliders than fucking Lizzo and Jack Black. Jon Favreau please change your phone number and email. You obviously can’t tell people no. 

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Did we watch the same episode? 90% of the episode is cameos. This episode sucked. Worst of the series. 

I’d rather watch ice sliders than fucking Lizzo and Jack Black. Jon Favreau please change your phone number and email. You obviously can’t tell people no. 

Ummm… I guess I don’t let silly things like that outrage me. And you know instead chose to treat the episode as a cheesy homage to cop/detective genre. Not saying it was some brilliant episode or anything. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, YChang said:

Ummm… I guess I don’t let silly things like that outrage me. And you know instead chose to treat the episode as a cheesy homage to cop/detective genre. Not saying it was some brilliant episode or anything. 

Dude come on. Lizzo. Can. Not. Act. Jack Black and Lloyd are washed. and they were given starring roles in an episode. 

Does it matter in an 80 episode arc? Probably not. But not people will remember this as the worst Mandalorian episode. 

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

Dude come on. Lizzo. Can. Not. Act. Jack Black and Lloyd are washed. and they were given starring roles in an episode. 

Does it matter in an 80 episode arc? Probably not. But not people will remember this as the worst Mandalorian episode. 

Oh absolutely! Was just trying to frame it in the most positive way possible. 😀

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t mind jack black, he’s a cool dude and nerd at heart. But adding lizzo and Loyd seemed over board with cameos and at times it took me out of it. All in all the episode was fine tho. I’m glad Bo finally got the dark saber and we can end the “but muh rules!” with her. I bet the last remaining episodes pick up steam and end the season on a high note. 

Everyone in Hollywood wants to be in Star Wars so no surprise when guest stars are known actors. The only downside to me is that I’m left guessing which one will turn out to be the bad guy. You knew that Christopher Lloyd wasn’t only there for a 1-minute scene.

I assume that Favreau is always going to bring his Hollywood friends to guest star.

9 hours ago, YChang said:

We only get 8 episodes every 2 years. Wasting any of them on filler or poorly acted celebrity guest roles is rage worthy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1