Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, CTC2 said:

Never heard of them before today.  Read some articles about them but don't understand who they were pissing off?  Insight?

The people mad about the stones are the same people who hate Harry Potter or Diablo or Star Wars because they promote witchcraft. There's no actual logic or thought behind it 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

[mention=205]fattyflattie[/mention]
FYI, I'm going to use the word gay here because it's easier to type, but when I say gay I'm talking about the whole spectrum, Lesbians, Gays, Transgenders, etc. 
As requested:
1.  Florida Legislature votes on a bill that would make it so that teachers can't talk about their spouses (if their spouse is of the same sex) to their students, nor have pictures of those spouses on their desk, nor can they be a safe space for their gay students, nor can they try to create a space in their classroom that is safe for gay students, nor can they talk about being gay.  The Florida Leg and DeSantis claimed this was scare tactics and that it was just about formal instruction not being allowed to talk about gay people to elementary school children.  But now it has passed, and school districts are trying to adhere to the law and these are exactly what the school districts are saying are no longer ok.  And DeSantis' spokesperson called all people against this bill "groomers," claiming that all of us who rightly called this out for the bigoted nastiness it is as people who are trying to turn kids gay so we can molest them.  
https://www.eqfl.org/statement-equality-florida-condemns-anti-lgbtq-remarks-desantis-spokesperson
2.  Here's Boebert calling "the left" groomers because a pre-school in North Carolina used rainbox colored flash cards
[/url] 3.  Boebert again, talking about the Equality Act, which would make it illegal to fire people because of their sexuality says, 
“We all know that that’s just the Democrats using a play on words. There’s nothing about equality in that act. If anything, it’s supremacy of gays and lesbians and transvestites,”
So not only is she against gays having equal rights, but won't even acknowledge that concept of transgenderism.  
4.  Marjorie Taylor Greene - I'm gonna be honest, too many options to pick from.  Here's a syllabus from GLAAD:
https://www.glaad.org/gap/marjorie-taylor-greene
5.  Back to DeSantis — Vetoed all funding for LGBTQ programs from the $101 billion state budget, including $150,000 for mental health programming to support survivors of the Pulse Massacre and $750,000 to house homeless LGBTQ children, as well as funds for Orlando's LGBTQ Community Center. The veto came during LGBTQ Pride Month and just days before the fifth anniversary of the 2016 mass shooting at the Pulse nightclub, one of the worst in United States history which targeted Central Florida’s LGBTQ and LatinX Communities, claiming the lives of 49 people.
6. Sen. Tommie Tuberville - Lamented Chick-fil-A’s decision to stop giving money to anti-LGBTQ charities: “Isn’t it horrible when liberal activists ruin something good?”
7. VP Mike Pence - supports conversion therapy, believing that since we chose to be gay, we can be shocked/counseled out of being gay, I guess.  Even Trump realized that Mike hates the gays.  He told reporters that Pence wants to hang us all.
8. More Pence - Stated that LGBTQ-inclusive hate crime legislation would “silence” groups that promote so-called conversion therapy: “Finally, pro-homosexual activist groups such as the Human Rights Campaign have stated their belief that an ad campaign by pro-family groups showing that many former homosexual people had found happiness in a heterosexual lifestyle, contributed to the tragic 1998 murder of homosexual college student Matthew Shepard. There is no evidence that his killers even knew about the ads, and Shepard’s killers told ABC’s 20/20 that they were motivated by money and drugs. However, the danger here is that people use a hate crimes bill to silence the freedom of religious leaders to speak out against homosexuality.”
9. Lt. Gov Ken Paxton, Texas - An Austin school dared to talk about the fact gay people exist during pride month.  This aggression will not stand, man!
10. Ken Paxton again - Also is looking for a test case so he can get sodomy laws enforced in Texas again, now that the Roe overturn decision has gotten rid of a right to privacy.  
11.  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas - In his opinion concurring with the majority, claimed that overturning Roe calls into question marriage equality and sodomy bans, signaling that he'd be in favor of overturning both of those if given the chance
12.  Texas Governor Greg Abbott - Issued a recommendation to the Texas state Board of Social Work Examiners that they remove protections for sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability. Following that recommendation, and without an opportunity for public comment, the board voted to adopt the recommendation and consequently Texas social workers can now turn away LGBTQ clients and those with a disability. “There is always a real possibility that trans Texans specifically could be turned away or dissuaded from accessing the medical resources they need. At a time when many in our community require services to make it through an isolating pandemic, attempting to grant providers a license to discriminate is abhorrent,” said Emmett Schelling, Executive Director of the Transgender Education Network of Texas.
I could add a lot more, but I'm going to stop here.  There is a never ending stream of people in power not only saying things but acting on those things who are actively out to make the lives of LGBTQIA+ people worse than it is today.  This is known.  I'm taking you at your word that you just hadn't noticed it before.  I'll fall on the sword here and say that I do not spend nearly as much time here advocating for gay rights as I used to, but I'm happy to start that up again.  
But if you are going to continue to support these people, I want you to understand the absolute cruelty against people who are different that you are supporting.  Condemning those things in a message board means nothing if you continue to vote for them.  
"What about paying for those outstanding loans? I see your point and I agree the GOP is actual scum, but I'm voting for them none the less" - Fatty-the-bleeding-heart-knob/riffle-slobberer, probably
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Oh fuck off with this. The entire board was giddy af that Biden would get to redo the census and Gerrymander it in their favor. Receipts all over the place. You don’t care about gerrymandering, or your teammates don’t anyhow. They care that’s is negatively affecting them at the moment, and that’s it. 

It's not the gerrymandering, per se.  It's the fact that the GQP is passing laws to make it easier for GQP-controlled legislatures to overturn the results of elections they don't like.  To actually do what Trump tried to do, and in a way that is going to possibly be completely insulated from legal review.

So, the GQP uses anti-democratic gerrymandering to preserve minority rule.  And, once they have that power, they are abusing it to further enhance and preserve their own power.  

To some extent, that's all in the game, yo.  But what they are currently on-target to do is destroy the American tradition of democratically elected officials.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Yet there are an estimate 8-20m ARs in circulation?  For every 2 guys that owns a pistol and shotgun he got passed down, there’s someone that owns 40.  

This made me realize that oil patch folk must hate Bill Brock. Deciding to stop digging equals failure in your business. Because who keeps drilling when the well’s come in? To the rest of us, “when you’re in a hole, stop digging,” makes sense.

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

The people mad about the stones are the same people who hate Harry Potter or Diablo or Star Wars because they promote witchcraft. There's no actual logic or thought behind it 

Well, other than hating all the witchiness of it.

8 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Black GOP members need AR-15s to protect themselves against all of those Dem klansmen who are coming after them. Good fucking lord. The casualness of murdering people in GOP political ads is astonishing. Actually, it used to be astonishing. Now it’s just Wednesday.

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

And, they have created a cultural environment where pastors and others can openly advocate execution of all homosexuals.  And that's perfectly ok by them.

Texas: https://www.newsweek.com/pastor-gay-people-solution-killings-bible-1714037

Texas again: https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/texas-pastor-says-gay-people-shot-back-head-shocking-sermon-rcna32748

Idaho: https://www.eastidahonews.com/2022/06/ahead-of-pride-month-idaho-pastor-says-lgbtq-people-deserve-death-penalty/

Tennessee, Knoxville no less, and a fucking Sheriff's Deputy: https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/2019/06/12/knox-county-detective-calls-execution-lgbtq-people/1419137001/

At a conference in Iowa attended by Cruz, Jindal, and Huckabee:  

And there's dozens more.

These aren't isolated crackpots (they are crackpots), but they have an audience in their congregation and a lot of like-minded people elsewhere that are all being coddled and encouraged by major elements of the GQP.

It's fucking disgusting.  They are advocating murder and not of actually evil sonsabitches, but people that already have a tough time of it.

I cannot have anything to do with these people.  Fuck my taxes, fuck any other governance-related issues.  These are not good people and I not only cannot vote for them, I must vote against them at every opportunity.

What’s most shocking is how fast it turned and how fast it’s all going backward. But not with words of hate but straight up violence and advocacy of violence.  I don’t pretend to know what it was like being completely ignored by the Reagan admin during the worst of HIV/AIDS I imagine that was an awful time but I will say this seems worse than just about any other time, at least pre-marriage equality you could see progress, I don’t see any now but I do wonder if my trump neighbor wants to kill me. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

@fattyflattie

FYI, I'm going to use the word gay here because it's easier to type, but when I say gay I'm talking about the whole spectrum, Lesbians, Gays, Transgenders, etc. 

As requested:

1.  Florida Legislature votes on a bill that would make it so that teachers can't talk about their spouses (if their spouse is of the same sex) to their students, nor have pictures of those spouses on their desk, nor can they be a safe space for their gay students, nor can they try to create a space in their classroom that is safe for gay students, nor can they talk about being gay.  The Florida Leg and DeSantis claimed this was scare tactics and that it was just about formal instruction not being allowed to talk about gay people to elementary school children.  But now it has passed, and school districts are trying to adhere to the law and these are exactly what the school districts are saying are no longer ok.  And DeSantis' spokesperson called all people against this bill "groomers," claiming that all of us who rightly called this out for the bigoted nastiness it is as people who are trying to turn kids gay so we can molest them.  

https://www.eqfl.org/statement-equality-florida-condemns-anti-lgbtq-remarks-desantis-spokesperson

2.  Here's Boebert calling "the left" groomers because a pre-school in North Carolina used rainbox colored flash cards

3.  Boebert again, talking about the Equality Act, which would make it illegal to fire people because of their sexuality says, 

So not only is she against gays having equal rights, but won't even acknowledge that concept of transgenderism.  

4.  Marjorie Taylor Greene - I'm gonna be honest, too many options to pick from.  Here's a syllabus from GLAAD:

5.  Back to DeSantis — Vetoed all funding for LGBTQ programs from the $101 billion state budget, including $150,000 for mental health programming to support survivors of the Pulse Massacre and $750,000 to house homeless LGBTQ children, as well as funds for Orlando's LGBTQ Community Center. The veto came during LGBTQ Pride Month and just days before the fifth anniversary of the 2016 mass shooting at the Pulse nightclub, one of the worst in United States history which targeted Central Florida’s LGBTQ and LatinX Communities, claiming the lives of 49 people.

6. Sen. Tommie Tuberville - Lamented Chick-fil-A’s decision to stop giving money to anti-LGBTQ charities: “Isn’t it horrible when liberal activists ruin something good?”

7. VP Mike Pence - supports conversion therapy, believing that since we chose to be gay, we can be shocked/counseled out of being gay, I guess.  Even Trump realized that Mike hates the gays.  He told reporters that Pence wants to hang us all.

8. More Pence - Stated that LGBTQ-inclusive hate crime legislation would “silence” groups that promote so-called conversion therapy: “Finally, pro-homosexual activist groups such as the Human Rights Campaign have stated their belief that an ad campaign by pro-family groups showing that many former homosexual people had found happiness in a heterosexual lifestyle, contributed to the tragic 1998 murder of homosexual college student Matthew Shepard. There is no evidence that his killers even knew about the ads, and Shepard’s killers told ABC’s 20/20 that they were motivated by money and drugs. However, the danger here is that people use a hate crimes bill to silence the freedom of religious leaders to speak out against homosexuality.”

9. Lt. Gov Ken Paxton, Texas - An Austin school dared to talk about the fact gay people exist during pride month.  This aggression will not stand, man!

10. Ken Paxton again - Also is looking for a test case so he can get sodomy laws enforced in Texas again, now that the Roe overturn decision has gotten rid of a right to privacy.  

11.  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas - In his opinion concurring with the majority, claimed that overturning Roe calls into question marriage equality and sodomy bans, signaling that he'd be in favor of overturning both of those if given the chance

12.  Texas Governor Greg Abbott - Issued a recommendation to the Texas state Board of Social Work Examiners that they remove protections for sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability. Following that recommendation, and without an opportunity for public comment, the board voted to adopt the recommendation and consequently Texas social workers can now turn away LGBTQ clients and those with a disability. “There is always a real possibility that trans Texans specifically could be turned away or dissuaded from accessing the medical resources they need. At a time when many in our community require services to make it through an isolating pandemic, attempting to grant providers a license to discriminate is abhorrent,” said Emmett Schelling, Executive Director of the Transgender Education Network of Texas.

I could add a lot more, but I'm going to stop here.  There is a never ending stream of people in power not only saying things but acting on those things who are actively out to make the lives of LGBTQIA+ people worse than it is today.  This is known.  I'm taking you at your word that you just hadn't noticed it before.  I'll fall on the sword here and say that I do not spend nearly as much time here advocating for gay rights as I used to, but I'm happy to start that up again.  

But if you are going to continue to support these people, I want you to understand the absolute cruelty against people who are different that you are supporting.  Condemning those things in a message board means nothing if you continue to vote for them.  

Teachers all over Texas.

73e020f56c4a86221823bc32113b4316d2-25-be

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

And, they have created a cultural environment where pastors and others can openly advocate execution of all homosexuals.  And that's perfectly ok by them.

Texas: https://www.newsweek.com/pastor-gay-people-solution-killings-bible-1714037

Texas again: https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/texas-pastor-says-gay-people-shot-back-head-shocking-sermon-rcna32748

Idaho: https://www.eastidahonews.com/2022/06/ahead-of-pride-month-idaho-pastor-says-lgbtq-people-deserve-death-penalty/

Tennessee, Knoxville no less, and a fucking Sheriff's Deputy: https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/2019/06/12/knox-county-detective-calls-execution-lgbtq-people/1419137001/

At a conference in Iowa attended by Cruz, Jindal, and Huckabee:  

And there's dozens more.

These aren't isolated crackpots (they are crackpots), but they have an audience in their congregation and a lot of like-minded people elsewhere that are all being coddled and encouraged by major elements of the GQP.

It's fucking disgusting.  They are advocating murder and not of actually evil sonsabitches, but people that already have a tough time of it.

I cannot have anything to do with these people.  Fuck my taxes, fuck any other governance-related issues.  These are not good people and I not only cannot vote for them, I must vote against them at every opportunity.

Likelihood that Kevin Swanson has sucked strange dick in rest stop bathrooms is 100%

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You know what’s awesome? In 2010, this Jesus statue next to I-75 north of Cincinnati was struck by lightning, burst into flames, and was destroyed.

The-King-of-Kings-statue--005.jpg?width=

Zeus showing Jesus who is boss.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

This is absurd. Republicans believe in the rights of one particular group: Republicans.

Yes. Remember, they want to involuntarily commit people who haven’t committed a crime because that is less of a rights infringement than restrictions and checks for firearms sales. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

Everything the GQP rants against, they ARE.  Every accusation is a confession.  I grew up making fun of corrupt, "papers please" authoritarian governments that rigged the system to ensure that The Party always won, all of that shit...and that's what the GQP is doing all it can to implement.  It's like I'm taking crazy pills.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Everything the GQP rants against, they ARE.  Every accusation is a confession.  I grew up making fun of corrupt, "papers please" authoritarian governments that rigged the system to ensure that The Party always won, all of that shit...and that's what the GQP is doing all it can to implement.  It's like I'm taking crazy pills.

I take crazy pills, or at least you assholes would call them that.  they are a god send.  these fuckers are telling one woman she can't have an abortion and they are going to try and tell another she can't take needed medications to be at peace, the red states are flat out looking to establish a full on police state.  so I can assure you, i'm the only one here taking the crazy pills.  but today IDGAF i'm going fishing for jacks and reds tomorrow at 630am and i'll be listening to REK Corpus Christi bay all the way down the highway tonight as the sunsets on my drive down.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

@fattyflattie

As requested:

3.  Boebert again, talking about the Equality Act, which would make it illegal to fire people because of their sexuality says, 

I wonder if fatty ever took the time to look through that list to see if any if those items cross a line for him. You know, as he said he would. He's certainly been active enough on other threads today?

Maybe queer people being targeted for...being queer; being threatened with the specter of state-sponsored executions for...being queer just isn't that important to him. I mean, the destruction of the American republic isn't enough of a line for him, sooo...

Just now, trauma babe said:

I wonder if fatty ever took the time to look through that list to see if any if those items cross a line for him. You know, as he said he would. He's certainly been active enough on other threads today?

Maybe queer people being targeted for...being queer; being threatened with the specter of state-sponsored executions for...being queer just isn't that important to him. I mean, the destruction of the American republic isn't enough of a line for him, sooo...

Fatty's only line a party could cross that would get him to oppose it is supporting public education.

• Haha 1

[mention=205]fattyflattie[/mention]
As requested:
[/url] 3.  Boebert again, talking about the Equality Act, which would make it illegal to fire people because of their sexuality says, 
“We all know that that’s just the Democrats using a play on words. There’s nothing about equality in that act. If anything, it’s supremacy of gays and lesbians and transvestites,”

This is an above average post.

On 7/6/2022 at 10:44 PM, troph said:

What’s most shocking is how fast it turned and how fast it’s all going backward. But not with words of hate but straight up violence and advocacy of violence.  I don’t pretend to know what it was like being completely ignored by the Reagan admin during the worst of HIV/AIDS I imagine that was an awful time but I will say this seems worse than just about any other time, at least pre-marriage equality you could see progress, I don’t see any now but I do wonder if my trump neighbor wants to kill me. 

it's gone from 'threats of violence' to threats of death

We have a daily subscription to that paper. I must have missed that particular piece. Damn, these MAGA types are getting way to comfortable here in this era. Their bullshit businesses (like Truth, or whatever the Trump media company is called). Plus another Trump ripoff company. To Flynn moving here and dragging other big name pieces of shit with him.  Those assholes are constantly putting on events. Now apparently at least a small group of Proud Boys. Fuck.

On 7/6/2022 at 11:12 PM, Jhawkmvp said:

Zeus showing Jesus who is boss.

Looks like Jesus is going to drown in the flood in the picture on the left. I thought originally the statue was on water, but nope, it looks like that church beloved by God has been both flooded and fired.

On 7/7/2022 at 2:39 PM, trauma babe said:

image.png.8aafa8a358f7ae8378a85d6abc092ec5.png

spacer.png

The terrifying Matthew Shepard

10 hours ago, Pancho said:

spacer.png

A tall black man in shiny shoes did this to me.

On October 22, 2008, Todd claimed that she was robbed at knifepoint by a "six-foot-four African American of medium build, dressed in dark clothes wearing shiny shoes" at a Citizens Bank ATM in the Bloomfield neighborhood of Pittsburgh. She also alleged that after the robber saw a McCain bumper sticker on Todd's car, he assaulted her, cut a reversed letter B into her cheek,[4] and told her "you are going to be a Barack supporter."[5]

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I really hope that dumb bitch has a permanent scar

I feel bad for her, because she was just way ahead of her time.  If she had waited about a dozen years to pull that stunt, she'd be making bank on the banquet tour with Rittenhouse.

• Like 4