Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

The title of this thread seems super appropriate to such demands...

Vs having their population slaughtered and cities leveled? It should at least be considered. Russia controls Crimea already and Ukraine doesn’t have any Nazis. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Vs having their population slaughtered and cities leveled? It should at least be considered. Russia controls Crimea already and Ukraine doesn’t have any Nazis. 

I'm pretty sure they consider every legitimately elected government official, including the Jewish president, "Nazis" for purposes of these negotiations.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

The title of this thread seems super appropriate to such demands...

That’s comical and infuriating at the same time. Being part Jewish I hate this bullshit. I also just think it’s comical that other groups seem to FEEL like they don’t have quite the attention they “deserve” at a time that people are fighting for their damn lives. It’s ridiculous! And without going CR those groups can kindly fuck off!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

If these were the real numbers they’d be shocking. 2k casualties in five days and no key goal accomplished. 

And of course, the numbers are higher. What this tells you is they needed a number high enough to be plausible to people who know a family with a dead or wounded soldier. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Heard initially many thought it was a training mission.  Many others thought they really were ousting NAZI's, and would be welcomed as liberators and heroes with little to no actual fighting.  They had no idea of the shit storm they were walking into or the lies fed to them.  

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

I’ve already said this a couple of times: when the Ukrainian farmers don’t plant this spring, shits going to get very real next fall.

There are going to be appalling famines across Africa and the Middle East later this year

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

The Russian soldiers are just kids. They’ve been thrust into a fucking meat grinder by an evil madman. I continue to hope for mass surrender in lieu of mass slaughter. Because I can only imagine how terrified and morally conflicted my own son would be in that situation, and how angry and despondent we would be to see our child sent to war for the sole benefit of some narcissist asshole.

Fuck you, Putin, you miserable pussy. 

Yeah, I'd rather the dead kids be the ones holding guns on foreign soil than those holding toys at home, but I'm not celebrating it either.

The amateur traveler believes that Americans are the ugliest abroad, the semi-pro thinks it’s Russians or Chinese, and the pro knows it’s the English at any destination the working class can afford a ticket to. 

Troof. When my parents were expats, they learned to loathe English tourists rather quickly. Of course, that was back when Chinese and Russians weren’t everywhere.

I don’t know…I used to joke with my Euro friends that if someone is going to stop in a busy doorway and open a map (back when we had maps), you could count on them being German. 

Don’t sleep on the French. Have been surprised how often they are the ones blocking doors and shit.

this chick is hot af

Never said the rooskies aren’t hot. A lot of em are. But they’ll stab you.
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Calmly surround him.  Block his path but make no furtive movements.  Secure both hands quickly, giant rolls of duct tape.  Wrap the hands, then send him back taped to the side of a truck ala. Stevo in Jackass with both still in each hand

#profit

On the Mic with Tim Drake: Episode 31 - Steve-O

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Don’t sleep on the French. Have been surprised how often they are the ones blocking doors and shit.

Obviously never been to a Costco in Frisco, where our lovely, international brethren will run into another at a crowded shelf intersection, block all four paths, and start having a conversation while people back up on all 4 sides.

Also known as "justifiable homicide" 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Texas law enforcement types are super duper smart so anything they say should be taken as gospel truth.

Cops probably had enormous fucking hardons about the prospect of everything falling apart. When the reality ended up being that everyone banded together and helped each other out, because we're social animals and very few people actually want to run off into the woods to play Rambo.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Zonahorn said:

There are going to be appalling famines across Africa and the Middle East later this year

And for anyone wondering why Pakistan pledged to buy oil/gas and also grain, this is why. The top importers of Ukrainian wheat are Turkey, Egypt, Pakistan, Indonesia and Bangladesh. 

Pakistan already is heavily on the Russian side on most things and went ahead and locked in wheat now knowing what is probably coming. 

Do I think on principle that other countries should leave Russia on an economic island, sure. But can I blame Pakistan for making sure they have food to eat this winter, not really.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

And for anyone wondering why Pakistan pledged to buy oil/gas and also grain, this is why. The top importers of Ukrainian wheat are Turkey, Egypt, Pakistan, Indonesia and Bangladesh. 

Pakistan already is heavily on the Russian side on most things and went ahead and locked in wheat now knowing what is probably coming. 

Do I think on principle that other countries should leave Russia on an economic island, sure. But can I blame Pakistan for making sure they have food to eat this winter, not really.

The crisis in Afghanistan is going to be catastrophic

40 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The amateur traveler believes that Americans are the ugliest abroad, the semi-pro thinks it’s Russians or Chinese, and the pro knows it’s the English at any destination the working class can afford a ticket to. 

there are no worse tourists than a working class english family in paris.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Russians have taken more material and manpower losses in a week than we did for the entire Iraq war. Holy shit

If you believe the total casualty reports from the start of the campaign, they have lost more in days that we did in twenty years.  It's a hot mess.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

I love how honest he is too. He mentions about 40 times an episode that he isn't a historian but rather just putting this all together in a way that is fun and easily digestible. I wish more historians would learn from him.

Bill Brands was my high school history teacher while he was working on his PhD. He writes exactly the way he delivered his lectures for HS students.

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

The kind of desperate measures governments like Pakistan are going to resort to when people start starving En masse are going to be horrifying. The world is going to be a dark, scary place

2 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

The kind of desperate measures governments like Pakistan are going to resort to when people start starving En masse are going to be horrifying. The world is going to be a dark, scary place

Gonna be?

• Hook 'Em 1

The crisis in Afghanistan is going to be catastrophic

It is. A rep of the admin was on NPR this morning talking about how the focus is on food aid, and that western countries are urging parties not to supply arms or foment armed resistance against the Taliban for now, to allow for needed aid to be distributed.

This decade is shaping up to be delightful. Only 8 more years to go….
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Counterpoint: Pakistan is completely terrible. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Biden has offered again to get Zelenskyy out. I know millions of us are fan girls (outside of the Harry Styles band boy bullshit that someone has rocking) but will he take it? BBC said they have a path out for him (we will get him out.) fuck. This all coming from AP News. If he stays he will be killed.

4 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

• Hook 'Em 1

I have long believed that Pakistan now is how the world ends. Angry, hot, and not enough water. 

• Hook 'Em 5

46 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Visited Prague in 2018 and the English were the worst.  Proper wankers. 

Dan Carlin's podcast series "Supernova in the East" starts out with that wild story.  His initial premise was what makes a soldier behave like this?  How is such an ideology engendered over decades?  Where did it come from?
Just listened to that whole thing. Was amazing.

War is scary for mankind not just due to the loss of life it entails, but the disease and famine that inadvertently accompanies tends to lead to the violence and war spreading to currently neutral parties.

• Hook 'Em 1

For those wondering how TB-2 drones manage to get over Russian forces.

Saw an account that indicated that apparently a Uke M-29 took down a SU-35?  If so, this is amazing, as the much newer thrut-vectoring 35 outperforms the older 29 in virtually every performance category.  Not sure if verified.

• Hook 'Em 1