Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Not sure how you cut off a facility like you're talking about, but I can only imagine some stupendous buried Soviet bunker built over the last 70 years that would make a Bond villain blush. I've got to think it likely has its own redundant power supply/communications and is buried a mile underground with all sorts of food storage and shit.

I don't know about all that, but one thing I feel sure it has is a really loooooooong table.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

image.thumb.png.9aff2af0cb3558dc9e1a0b8a775d6838.png

And to be fair, he said is there anyone like a "more successful" Stauffenberg. He did qualify it... Can we have a guy like that guy only but not really that guy?  Lol I laughed.

I should have highlighted RUSSIAN HISTORY vs Russian. Just pointing out the obvious that Von Stauffenberg was from the Fatherland. (And I too thought of the Animal House connection after posting 😁 )

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Everyone has been trying to get him to negotiate.  He won't, short of Ukraine agreeing to disarm and submit to Russian rule.  Macron talked to him for 90 minutes today.

So then disarm and submit to Russian rule, for now. It’s better than everyone dying. This is how WWI started. 

• Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Not sure how you cut off a facility like you're talking about, but I can only imagine some stupendous buried Soviet bunker built over the last 70 years that would make a Bond villain blush. I've got to think it likely has its own redundant power supply/communications and is buried a mile underground with all sorts of food storage and shit.

I just wonder if its enough to just cut him off, use the facility as a de facto prison while he is toppled.  

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Credible source enough for you?

That's literally the same source.

Now, the fact that "Ace of Aces" thinks the AP and the US government are "not credible sources" at this time makes said poster look extremely Sus to me.

Who's payin' you to post here, Ass of Asses?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

So then disarm and submit to Russian rule, for now. It’s better than everyone dying. This is how WWI started. 

You're right. Everyone should disarm and submit to Russian rule so we don't have to worry about any more war from Putin.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Rimbo said:

Now, the fact that "Ace of Aces" thinks the AP and the US government are "not credible sources" at this time makes said poster look extremely Sus to me.

I’m so confused…sigh….

Has there been any reason why the Ukrainians haven't rained down hellfire on that convoy? I realize they lack the air power to do it but overhead shots show a ton of wooded areas around it.   How hard is it to launch a coordinated attack from both sides of the road with Javelins?  They don't need to take out the whole convoy.   Just wreck havoc and take out some of the vehicles, especially toward the front and rear.  

Serious question here:

As a child of the 80s and as scary as some aspects of the Cold War were, like waking up in a cold sweat at the age of 12 after watching "The Day After", there was always some degree of reassurance that Soviet leadership had some sort of intricate decision-making process. It was murky as shit, and I never fully understood it (still don't as I'm not a student of the USSR). But there was always that term Kremlinology that was thrown around that made me feel like there were always ongoing consultations/debates among mysterious committees which led Soviet actions. And, after all, the Russians really did seem to love their children too when it came to nuclear annihilation, which is why we survived it.

In this case, are all decisions made at the whim of a single man? Are there some sort of internal checks and balances like what appeared to be the case in Soviet times? Because, if not, this actually might be more dangerous.

Edit: @956 Worldwide

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

AP literally replied to that tweet saying there was no detectable rise in radiation. We have enough shit to worry about than worrying about radiation poisoning that isn’t happening. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Macanudo said:

Has there been any reason why the Ukrainians haven't rained down hellfire on that convoy? I realize they lack the air power to do it but overhead shots show a ton of wooded areas around it.   How hard is it to launch a coordinated attack from both sides of the road with Javelins?  They don't need to take out the whole convoy.   Just wreck havoc and take out some of the vehicles, especially toward the front and rear.  

I don’t know either! I know they need more javelins and drones and most of the expert say drones are the best way to take that convoy out

5 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

What do you think the purpose of the UN should be?

Not quite sure what you are asking....UN has been in the Soviet and now Russia pockets ( and many other countries not tied to the US or our close allies) for years. I am in no way taking Russia's side on this, but the UN has been and still is a waste of corruption throughout the years and has literally been a thorn in the US side. Should have kicked ALL of those diplomats (many spies) and their diplomatic immunity out of New York and the country years ago. 

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, Constant said:

jennifer-lawrence-thumbs-up.gif

Sure, he'll blink once or twice, look up, and say, "Well why the shit didn't ya SAY so?  Holy shit, no one asked me until now!  Sure!  I'll get right on that!  Meanwhile, can you turn on Jeopardy?  I wanna see if those new hosts are any good.  Thanks!"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

AP literally replied to that tweet saying there was no detectable rise in radiation. We have enough shit to worry about than worrying about radiation poisoning that isn’t happening. 

like the fire in my pants

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Not quite sure what you are asking....UN has been in the Soviet and now Russia pockets ( and many other countries not tied to the US or our close allies) for years. I am in no way taking Russia's side on this, but the UN has been and still is a waste of corruption throughout the years and has literally been a thorn in the US side. Should have kicked ALL of those diplomats (many spies) and their diplomatic immunity out of New York and the country years ago. 

And make them pay their damn parking tickets. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Serious question here:

As a child of the 80s and as scary as some aspects of the Cold War were, like waking up in a cold sweat at the age of 12 after watching "The Day After", there was always some degree of reassurance that Soviet leadership had some sort of intricate decision-making process. It was murky as shit, and I never fully understood it (still don't as I'm not a student of the USSR). But there was always that term Kremlinology that was thrown around that made me feel like there were always ongoing consultations/debates among mysterious committees which led Soviet actions. And, after all, the Russians really did seem to love their children too when it came to nuclear annihilation, which is why we survived it.

In this case, are all decisions made at the whim of a single man? Are there some sort of internal checks and balances like what appeared to be the case in Soviet times? Because, if not, this actually might be more dangerous.

A great question, and I don't have a great answer.  It's entirely unclear, at least at the public level.  I'm sure our intel operations have a good sense of this situation, but they certainly aren't going to tell us, let alone the enemy.  You are correct, to my understanding, that in the Soviet days they had rigorous protocols and safety measures.  Problem is, that was 30 plus years ago.  Could Putin have changed all this, certainly.  

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

The Russians must have a security perimeter pushed far enough out that the Javelins would be out of range. I have no idea the range of a Javelin, but surely some Russian commander does, right? Those vehicles had crews that were issued guns I assume. Maybe not…