Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

I like where you are going here, but there are RU troops in breakaway areas of Moldova already, these areas are internationally recognized as Moldova. 

If Romania were to come to the aid of Moldova , or annex them in as you suggest, then theorectically the NATO article kicks in and we're all at war.

I dont think Moldova, a young Republic (1992 iirc), can rely on Romania unfortunately , in the same way UK is not likely to see any state/foreign direct troop involvement.

If done in the near term, you wouldn't need any of that drama.  As things currently stand, Russia really has no way to reinforce or replenish those forces that are in Moldova.  Transnistria is not contiguous to Belarus or anywhere else; it can't be resupplied by sea.  So those 2,500 Russian troops are just stuck there so long as Ukraine continues to hold the Black Sea coast.

That allows Romania a bit of time to go in and clean out that separatist insurgency.  And it's not that the Romanian army is all that great; but they damned sure as shit would take care of 2,500 Russians in short order.  There'd be no need to invoke Article V; there'd be no need for allied action.  The Romanians got this shit.

And what are the Russians going to do about it?  Are they going to war against Romania?  Fuck no--they'd eat shit and call it borscht to their domestic audience.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Don't tell me you don't ogle your son's volunteer trim. If you tell me otherwise, I'm reporting post, banning user. As a matter of fact, where tf are the other photos?

We met the girl in black when we visited in December.  She's even more stunning than a full pic does justice.  I asked the boy why there's not anything going on there, he gave me some bit about how they're just friends, he's not looking for anything like that, relationshipwise, right now.

So, her clearly hasn't matured to the point to realize that you are ALWAYS looking for something like that.  But they'll stay in touch, and maybe one day he'll come to his senses.

31 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Yeah, their supply chain sabotage is their attacks on Russia. Because Ukrainians can pass as Russians, but not vis-a-versa, they can fuck with the infrastructure. 

From an offensive perspective, they need to stop any Russian momentum, continue to erode the Russian efforts to resupply, allow the sanctions to really start to pinch, and prepare to begin retaking territory in the south and east in the Summer, when the ground hardens up. 

Please expound on this.  Why?  

15 hours ago, immamac said:

If Russians allow Putin to use nukes and remain in power that's all we need to know about the Russian people. The fact that their pundits have started normalizing nuclear as an option against a country with no nukes is batshit. 

I work with a Russian that lived in Moscow. He's a good guy and one of the hardest working men I've known. I respect him enough not to ask him about the war because he told me 6 years ago when we met. "Fuck Putin. Russian Army does not give a fuck, they just kill everyone." Seems pretty fucking spot on to me.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Ukranians speak Russian but Russians don't speak anything but Russian.

I understand that.  But the English speak English, and they stick out like a sore thumb over here.  I'm wondering if there is something about Ukrainians speaking Russian that somehow isn't as distinctive?  Everyone has their particular accents. 

1 minute ago, Chad Fuck said:

I understand that.  But the English speak English, and they stick out like a sore thumb over here.  I'm wondering if there is something about Ukrainians speaking Russian that somehow isn't as distinctive?  Everyone has their particular accents. 

Say you are a pro-Russian Ukrainian from the Dombas?

32 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Please expound on this.  Why?  

Russians force everyone to speak Russian.  The Soviet’s Russianized every republic, so basically everyone in a former Russian state can speak Russian, and those in the more close states, like Belorussia or Ukraine can speak it more or less with a minimal accent, especially if they are from the heavily Russian areas. But Russians never learn the reverse. 

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So we have Americans teaching Norwegians how to make migas in Berlin for Ukrainians?

what a time to be alive. NATO FTW. 

In the 90's, we lived in Colorado and routinely made mexican & cajun food for our Au pair's from Germany, Finland, Norway & South Africa.  Good times.

If I wasn't from Texas we never would have left. Couldn't smoke brisket in my grill because the fire kept going out; not enough air. 

Kherson direction, liquidated a column of racists.

A mortar battery from the Transcarpathian Legion Mountain Assault Battalion destroyed a Russian T-72 tank that was maneuvering near a forest plantation and preparing to open fire on our positions. The target is hit by a 120 mm mine.

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

I have been sort of curious about this as well. What are the geopolitical repercussions if Ukraine crosses the board and starts causing havoc there, just like Russia has done in Ukraine? 

What keeps them from sending a somewhat sizable force from Kyiv to say Kursk? I know the advance would be spotted and Russian air assets would be sent out, but at this point Russian air has been ineffective and seem risk adverse on target selection.

Its always harder to advance than hold your ground, but with all of the equipment losses for Russia and new equipment pouring in for the Ukraine, a counter attack into Russia itself would do wonders on relieving some pressure to the south and the propaganda would be amazing…

Putin will probably start lobbing nukes if Ukraine or NATO counties encroach on Russian territory.

Normally it would be strategy to create a distraction, but not if the enemy has nukes and is wiling to use them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, PTINS said:

Russia wants Ukraine to disappear. End of Story.

Pure egotistical driven politics regardless of economics.  Geography and economics dictate that Russia's world class gas reserves go to Europe. Politics said don't do it.

Money wins.

image.png.96f54654e488348a5d0ee1e094db6462.png

Ukraine is the gateway for a lot of Russia gas heading toward Europe. Control of Ukraine = Control of Russia gas to Europe.  Nordstream was supposed to minimize Ukraine's "influence" of Russia gas flow.

image.png.0eb6c35251fbd9081de5dc0e0bd33f24.png

Russia fucked that up, whether they get Ukraine or not. They are the poster child for demand destruction.

Too bad Russian game theory didn't consider, "... what happens if we invade and don't get Ukraine?"  With Sweden, Finland & Ukraine off the table, Russia's "sphere of influence" is going to be down to Belarus. Whopee!!!

image.png.5a7e665cae80cbde81232accb95fb6b0.png

Russia's gas market?

The Russia-China proposed gas pipeline, Piece of Shit Power of Siberia (POS), is a $20 Billion, 2500 mile venture, including 600 miles across Mongolia. Russia's gas influence in Eurasia is nonexistent post 2030. Their market is basically China, which has zero dependence on Russian gas.  Russia's options are drop your price or keep it in the ground.

Ironically, the end game could be Russia's land-locked captive gas will be a cheaper "secondary" supply source for Europe than the new waterborne LNG, and eventually the Russia gas will resume full flow to Europe, but without the Putin-premium. Cheap pipeline gas backs out expensive LNG, and ...

Money wins, again.

Europe thrives with cheap fossil fuels and a strong renewables. 4-D chess.  

How about Ukraine pushes Russia out and then the the three Ukrainian regions with vast natural gas and oil reserves supply Europe!  Those regions are offshore near Crimea, Donbas/Luhansk and near the Moldovan Russian occupied Transdniestria area.  What a strange coincidence!

• Hook 'Em 3

So we have Americans teaching Norwegians how to make migas in Berlin for Ukrainians?
what a time to be alive. NATO FTW. 

GeEVTJ.gif

Hadn’t thought about it that way. And he corrected me as to his team: his team is Norwegian, Dutch, Cypriot, and Egyptian. In Berlin. For Ukrainians. I like that kind of world.
  • Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

A short update from the boy in Berlin, where refugees are continuing to pass through in large numbers.
1 – one of his classmates is a dual Russian/Israeli citizen.  She has been going down to the Hbf regularly to serve as a translator for the local German volunteer groups.  Obviously, she is not a fan of the war or Putin, and has emphasized her Israeli citizenship (and lucky for her to have that option).  He’s gotten the scoop from her on the ongoing situation in order to ascertain the need.
2 – his friend crew was happy to volunteer to work a large assembly line, and are doing so with enthusiasm.  We sent him a couple hundred euros to fund this round, and they have an assembly line set up making a shitload of tacos (looks like potato egg and cheese, migas, and some sort of meat, egg and cheese are on the menu, per the sample photo below -- not sure how many tacos per tray, but he said they'll get out 6 trays of tacos, 3 with meat and 3 vegetarian).  I believe that the plan is to deliver them this evening.  And, if this process goes well, to do so a few more times before he has to leave Berlin in May.  If they’re going to be continuing this effort, we told him we’d work on raising some funds – we even suggested that while cooking makes the money go farther, something as simple as ordering and delivering 100 hot sandwiches would surely be welcome as well.  Will keep y’all posted on that. 
But thought I’d share something good in this thread of war, death, and destruction.

b827929041e1c44f7210a6bed3ce3856.jpg

Should have sprung for the delivery of a Blackstone flat-top griddle!

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I 100% trimmed the photo to omit details of the attractive Norwegian friends.  I also didn't share the photos where they are even more front and center.  Because Surly.

Shadow Operative 2.0 will have her Instagram tracked down by nightfall.

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Yeah, that'll REALLY get the Ukrainians to surrender. Fight 'til the bitter end. Even if you have to bite and claw their eyeballs out.

It's weird because I've been seeing prisoner exchanges referenced every so often on https://liveuamap.com which is a decent aggregator. 

But after Bucha, I figured the reverse has likely been pretty true as well.  There's no love lost on either side here.