Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Walk us through how this returns to normal for Putin…

He goes back to the kremlin and tells everyone he let it happen and he outsmarted him and he plays along and says I realize I need to go do what he says. You act like Russia is a real democracy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Kdub said:

I don't understand the play. Why go through all the trouble just to turn around, and back to business as usual?

I'm guessing he didn't initially set out to try to stage a coup. His group was I'm sure be coming frustrated with being used for cannon fodder and he did this as an attempt to maintain control as well as get Moscow's attention. Not the most well thought out plan but was probably out of a bit of desperation. I'm sure he realized he doesn't have the fire power to get to Moscow or overthrow Putin so he's trying to back out now before (he hopes) it hasn't reached the stage of no return. 

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Putin may or may not be effed. He’s shown an incredible ability to hold control of that cesspool for 23 years. 

This.  The question is not whether he's damaged (he very much is).  The question is whether there's anyone who can take advantage of it.

He's weakened, and certainly in more peril than he's ever been in.  But is there someone who can push him aside?  Beats me.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Putin may or may not be effed. He’s shown an incredible ability to hold control of that cesspool for 23 years. 

What are his options? He held a national televised speech saying the traitors will pay dearly.

Then 12 hours later he agrees to the demands of those traitors (who waltzed through his territory unopposed)?

Again, Putin’s tenuous grasp on power exists purely based on his perceived strength.

It’s clear he is weak and powerless. The jackals that surround him know this.

It’s about to turn into a real shitshow.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

If Pringles is allowed to live, Putin has no power. 

His troops just shot down several of Putin’s helicopters/fighter jets on their way to Moscow.

Putin: ”Hey about that. We’re cool, right? Any chance you can head back and fight that war you said was unjust?”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

He goes back to the kremlin and tells everyone he let it happen and he outsmarted him and he plays along and says I realize I need to go do what he says. You act like Russia is a real democracy. 

I know your hot takes are second only to Helobious but I’m kind of with you here. Vast majority of Russia will have no idea what really played out if they know anything at all. They will be fed some bullshit about how Putin stymied the coup or was working with Wagner and they will accept it at face value.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1