Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

It used to be we went to the VA you'd see a few WWII guys, and a few Korean guys, they gone.  Now the Vietnam guys are thinning out and the ones that are left are quickly reminding me of the WW2 guys.  Interestingly, I think in the next 10 years the VA is going to vastly improve, primarily because there is going to be a lot less people to care for.  

We have a lot of combat veterans from 2002 through 2022 to look after.  Visiting San Antonio and seeing the number of amputees that stay around for access to the Army medical center is eye opening.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 3

I don’t know how many rounds those barrels are rated for, but over a thousand rounds during this offensive is crazy - they mentioned 90 or more rounds a day.  If I recall correctly, the Paladins only carried around 35 rounds.  Having to reload their full load out three times a day, that is grueling.   

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

We have a lot of combat veterans from 2002 through 2022 to look after.  Visiting San Antonio and seeing the number of amputees that stay around for access to Walter Reed is eye opening.

Small correction, but BAMC is San Antonio.  

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I’d rather have the South Korean version for any number of reasons. 

Honestly, I’m surprised Erdongan agreed to send them. Also, not surprised they haven’t arrived. 

They should send those S-400s they have in storage. That would make me laugh. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

It was a condition of Lend Lease.  When you're done, pay for it, send it back to us, or destroy it.  Lots of option #3 going on.  Plus the Hurricane was obsolete. 

And we trashed literally tons and tons of war material after the war.  So in this case, not really a Russia thing. 

image.png.f1a03fabc4af0f3b9798cb5cff198274.png

My Brit friend is a veteran of the Falklands War 41 years ago. 
He was an RAF Chinook crew chief with a lot of extra electrical & mechanical training, so was a “go-to” guy for most of his service time. 
Anyway, in 1983 he was in Beirut with the allied “peacekeepers” when the 241 US Marines were killed by the terrorist car bomb. 
During the ensuing withdrawal of the western forces, a lot of materiel including heavy trucks were to be left behind & abandoned. Pete and one of his fellow sergeants were caught by their CO trying to sell two of their 4 ton trucks to a Lebanese “businessman”. Lol. 
As an aside note, when Reagan ordered the Battleship New Jersey to shell some of the terrorist encampments with her 16” cannons , some chunks of concrete were blown into Pete’s motor pool compound.

Speaking of left behind armament…. These Thompson SMGs were left on some Pacific island. 

0D848D91-99DD-48A0-985D-080838686093.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Can we finally permaban the piece of shit since he’s been tossed from here a dozen times and keeps returning with the same bullshit?

You want me to block all the ip's on his ISP and ban a couple of hundred people?

Report him if he shows up and I will ban him.

22 minutes ago, blacklab said:

US finally kick you out?

I can honestly say with no irony at all: Sir, this is an Arby’s. 

13 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Have you not seen the American Passport Bros thread?

I brought my sand to this beach, sir. Or more accurately my sand brought me. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

We have a lot of combat veterans from 2002 through 2022 to look after.  Visiting San Antonio and seeing the number of amputees that stay around for access to the Army medical center is eye opening.

Interesting, the Atlanta VA is I'd say 80% Vietnam era, 20% Iraq I thru present, just based on my eyeball (which is far from scientific).  I know in my wife's unit they had 3 hit with IED's and lose feet or legs, so I know that's out there; for whatever reason, perhaps just the general population make up here, we still see a much older crowd when we go.  

I did read that during Vietnam there were approximately 9 million service members, conversely, in Afghanistan and Iraq, from 2001 there 1.9 million service members.   That obviously doesn't count Desert Storm and Grenada era people.  That having been said, areas of population distribution of service members are going to vary radically. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That is one of the dumbest fucking things ever said on this site.  

One of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard, period.  And I’ve taken a handful of college classes at the local community college over the past two years, so I’ve been around 18 and 19 year-olds taking their first philosophy class, so I’ve heard some really stupid shit.  I’ve heard a teenager who was old enough to vote ask a professor why we attacked the Japanese at Pearl Harbor.  Edit and I’m pretty sure the timeline he had in his head had Pearl Harbor taking place during Vietnam. 

Did you correct him and tell him we attacked the Germans at Pearl Harbor?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Air show will be so much deadlier

fify

4 hours ago, TexasEd said:

They aren't sticking around SA for the fat chicks?

6 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I didn't know he was dead. I got to the stupid shit and couldn't go on without a comment. I didn't see that blacklab had already booted his ass until afterwards.

Oh well. He can Fuck Off in the void too.

He's a little like Michael Myers anyway. Even though I think he's dead, there's a good chance that the music will start playing again. Might as well kick the hatchet out of his hand and keep stabbing just to make sure.

• Hook 'Em 3