Tucker Carlson Tonight

atomheartbevo

Fuck that Carlson bullshit. At the same time, why the hell didn't cops arrest the Shaman on site? What the hell were they doing?

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

The family of Brian Sicknick, the US Capitol Police officer who died the day after he was assaulted by pro-Trump rioters during the January 6 attack, has issued a blistering denunciation of Fox News and host Tucker Carlson after the incendiary anchor aired video footage which called into question Sicknick’s condition after his assault. 

The Sicknick family is outraged at the ongoing attack on our family by the unscrupulous and outright sleazy so called 'news network of Fox News who will do the bidding of Trump or any of his sycophant followers, no matter what damage is done to the families of the fallen, the officers who put their lives on the line, and all who suffered on Jan 6th due to the started by Trump and spread by sleaze slinging outlets like Fox,” the family said in a statement.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/jan-6-video-police-officer-capitol-fox-news-b2295758.html

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Fuck that Carlson bullshit. At the same time, why the hell didn't cops arrest the Shaman on site? What the hell were they doing?

Once the mob broke in and was wandering around the capitol, monitoring and deescalating was the only smart game. If he wasn’t actively breaking shit and members were already out of the building— nothing to be gained except prompting more violence. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Satchel said:

The family of Brian Sicknick, the US Capitol Police officer who died the day after he was assaulted by pro-Trump rioters during the January 6 attack, has issued a blistering denunciation of Fox News and host Tucker Carlson after the incendiary anchor aired video footage which called into question Sicknick’s condition after his assault. 

The Sicknick family is outraged at the ongoing attack on our family by the unscrupulous and outright sleazy so called 'news network of Fox News who will do the bidding of Trump or any of his sycophant followers, no matter what damage is done to the families of the fallen, the officers who put their lives on the line, and all who suffered on Jan 6th due to the started by Trump and spread by sleaze slinging outlets like Fox,” the family said in a statement.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/jan-6-video-police-officer-capitol-fox-news-b2295758.html

From the article:

Mr Carlson, who has spent the two years since the pro-Trump riot attacking the House-led probe into the attack and attempting to help Republicans reframe the events of that day as a peaceful protest that has been weaponised by Democrats, was granted exclusive access to Capitol security footage by House Speaker Kevin McCarthy as part of a deal Mr McCarthy made with extremist members in exchange for their support for his speakership bid.

This is good reporting. It’s time for U.S. outlets to start accurately describing MTG, Gosar, Gaetz, etc. as “extremists.” 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Once the mob broke in and was wandering around the capitol, monitoring and deescalating was the only smart game. If he wasn’t actively breaking shit and members were already out of the building— nothing to be gained except prompting more violence. 

Until the National Guard finally showed up. They should have zip tied and given to the police for processing everyone they encountered 

straight from a broke-brained horse's (ass) mouth...

Screenshot_20230307_135831_Message.jpg.989359fe8ea59c3ff105a84858403cd0.jpg

Screenshot_20230307_135531_Message.jpg.dff9197fcb0529edf7ba645a7fa1607f.jpg

not my conversation bc i wouldn't waste my time and i have no connection to this idiot other than he donated sperm that somehow managed to produce an incredible young person who i love dearly.

but bless her heart for still trying to reason with him 🙄 her dad is completely lost.

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Tucker is going with the tried and true Fox News technique of cutting up video and audio to make it fit your narrative

Wait til the AI generated voices and deep fakes start to come out.  Will make all of this seem like child's play.

3 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Maybe they feel like they're losing too many viewers because of the Dominion suit and its associated uncoverings, so they are doubling down on the lying?  

Most of J6 is associated with Trump, and it seems they are distancing themselves from him, so why is it so important to continue to try to influence public opinion on this?   Trying to cover their own complicity, or maybe some of the other players like Hawley, MTG, etc? 

They have no choice.  Their viewers will bail on them for Newsmax or OAN or anyone else that continues to lie to them and lie bigly.

3 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

If I click that twatter link in the Burt post, does that help Fox/Carlson cause if so I am not clicking it. 

Yes.  Don't.

52 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

RINOs.  Every one of them.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yeah, if they had started arresting people, they wouldn't have been able to try to keep peace, both because they would have gone apeshit and they were severely outnumbered.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The immediate reaction by the right to pin it on Antifa is the biggest giveaway that this shit was BAD to every fucking person who was watching in real time.  Funny how nobody seems to remember this.

The "peaceful protest" was the pivot once the evidence against it being Antifa was too overwhelming to keep up the lie.

Disgraceful, all of them.

It's antifa who got violent on J6, but they want to pardon.....antifa...

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Tucker Carlson is nothing less than a propagandist for Christian fascist patriarchy and conspiracy theory. That's the GQP-MAGA playbook. And 40% or more of this nation is fully on board. 

Carlson spinning January 6 into something it was not—when he knows he's lying— is the exact doublethink from party intellectuals that Orwell warned us about in 1984. Fox News is a 24-hour loop of segments of "Two Minutes of Hate" that Orwell also explained.

We are witnessing the intellectual collapse of a huge swath of America—a full-on descent into an ignorant, fascist, violent, vengeful mob out for blood. What else was January 6 a preview of?

Time's up for apologia, minimizing, denials, or thinking all this magically will go away. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Tucker Carlson is nothing less than a propagandist for Christian fascist patriarchy and conspiracy theory. That's the GQP-MAGA playbook. And 40% or more of this nation is fully on board. 

I think the weirdest part for me, as an agnostic/atheist for pretty much my whole life, is realizing just how many true believers of Christianity there actually are.  I heard all my life how church attendance was continuing to nose dive and how many people didn't identify with any religion, but then since 2016 it's come to light that there are MILLIONS OF THEM.  It's fucking nuts.  How does 40+% of our nation believe in a fucking fairy tale?

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

How does 40+% of our nation believe in a fucking fairy tale?

Well, the starting point is that the vast majority are brainwashed from birth by their parents and preachers. Churches exploit their First Amendment right to spew out endless fact-free faith tales. Then there is the fact that no media institution, university, or corporation will dare challenge religion in America. Brainwashing + no overt challenge = massive cultural power.

You are correct that religious non-belief is steadily rising, but I am not sure it is turning toward atheism, science, evidence, or even secular sanity. The belief in Ancient Aliens might as well be a new religion. Hell, the History Channel devotes entire days and evenings to Ancient Aliens nonsense— for decades! And there is lots of pseudoscience and warmed over New Age-ism out there filling the voids left by the abandonment of traditional religion.

Plus, Jesus has stiff competition from Hollywood's proliferation of superheroes with super-powers. Most will take Batman, Black Panther, and Wonder Woman over Jesus and Joel Osteen any day. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 1

Scroll through that Texags thread above. You will see: 

1) the sheer power of repetitive propaganda and 24/7 media spectacle.

2) the intellectual collapse of a swath of America as illustrated by those on Texags.

3) the abject failure of educational institutions to counter propaganda, alt-fact culture, and conspiracy theory. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, troph said:

Bold move to show some of the violence itself and claim peaceful protest

That's precisely what doublethink is.

Here's the key passage from Orwell's 1984. This is purest summary of Carlson and Fox News. 

"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one’s mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them. The Party intellectual knows in which direction his memories must be altered; he therefore knows that he is playing tricks with reality; but by the exercise of doublethink he also satisfies himself that reality is not violated. The process has to be conscious, or it would not be carried out with sufficient precision, but it also has to be unconscious, or it would bring with it a feeling of falsity and hence of guilt. . . . To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies — all this is indisputably necessary. . . . The lie always one leap ahead of the truth.”

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think the weirdest part for me, as an agnostic/atheist for pretty much my whole life, is realizing just how many true believers of Christianity there actually are.  I heard all my life how church attendance was continuing to nose dive and how many people didn't identify with any religion, but then since 2016 it's come to light that there are MILLIONS OF THEM.  It's fucking nuts.  How does 40+% of our nation believe in a fucking fairy tale?

These people are not true believers of Christianity in any way, shape or form. They don’t subscribe to any of the teachings of Jesus. None.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Can’t wait to see the new Dominion filing showing Fox News is STILL pushing the lie about the 2020 election 

I listened to some discussion on MSNBC in the car tonight.  It seems to be pretty damning.  Like Murdoch is willing to walk away from 1.2 billion just to not perjure himself bad.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BevoAbyss said:

Scroll through that Texags thread above. You will see: 

1) the sheer power of repetitive propaganda and 24/7 media spectacle.

2) the intellectual collapse of a swath of America as illustrated by those on Texags.

3) the abject failure of educational institutions to counter propaganda, alt-fact culture, and conspiracy theory. 

Do the AAU people know about Texags? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Tucker is as duplicitous as he is loathsome:

In one text conversation between Carlson and an unknown staffer on Jan. 4, 2021, just days before the riot at the U.S. Capitol, the prime time star wrote, “We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights.”

“I truly can’t wait,” he added.

When the unknown staffer replied that they believed the madness would cool down by mid-February, Carlson decried Trump.

“I hate him passionately,” Carlson said. “I blew up at [former Trump official] Peter Navarro today in frustration. I actually like Peter. But I can’t handle much more of this.”

8 minutes ago, Satchel said:

“I hate him passionately,” Carlson said. “I blew up at [former Trump official] Peter Navarro today in frustration. I actually like Peter. But I can’t handle much more of this.”

gifhaus-funhaus.gif

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

48 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

These people are not true believers of Christianity in any way, shape or form

Question: Does that mean the Euro-Christians who waged a genocidal annihilation of Native/Indigenous Peoples across three continents for centuries were not true believers of Christianity in any way, shape or form?

-- If the answer is they were not, then that can only mean America was never a "true believer" Christian nation to begin with and the religious/conservative/GOP-MAGA foundational assumption about the origins and founding of America is historically and factually incorrect. 

-- If the answer is yes they were, then the "true believer" Christians waged a genocide in helping found America and the violence and racism of GOP-MAGA is line with Christian history.

Which is it? 

The answer is yes they were. All that alleged Christian peace, love, and charity comes only after the bloodbath of colonization, conquest, and conversion. The historical record is clear across centuries on three continents. Violent conquest comes first, peace and charity comes second (if at all).

Edited by BevoAbyss
clarity
  • Hook 'Em 5

47 minutes ago, Satchel said:

These people are not true believers of Christianity in any way, shape or form. They don’t subscribe to any of the teachings of Jesus. None.

I bet that a lot of Trumpers self-identify as Christian because they think it is somehow virtuous and maybe salves their conscience a little bit for being irredeemable.

Of course, there are a lot that attended to some degree or another a fundagelical "church" long before Trump.  Church has always had a large social component and it is fairly well-known that a lot of fundagelicals are predominantly white and hold at least latently white-supremacist beliefs.  And it can be a rural thing, and sometimes a thing for people struggling with life.  in other words, Trumps perfect target audience.

There's hypocrisy of greater and lesser degree in most congregations, of any faith, and people there for the potlucks and to hit on women/men.  The fundagelicals just take the hypocrisy to new levels.

• Hook 'Em 2

True Believers? Huh? The MAGA Christians are no less Christian than the Baptists, Lutherans, Orthodox Catholics, Roman Catholics, Methodist, Mormons, or Church of England. They’re just groups of people promulgating their own version of a story for power. The council of Nicaea decided on the idea of the trinity. Mormons said wear special underwear. Baptist said no dancing. Church of England said divorce is cool. And MAGA says Jesus loves Guns. Guess what, the only right answer is the loudest one. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, BevoAbyss said:

Question: Does that mean the Euro-Christians who waged a genocidal annihilation of Native/Indigenous Peoples across three continents for centuries were not true believers of Christianity in any way, shape or form?

-- If the answer is they were not, then that can only mean America was never a "true believer" Christian nation to begin with and the religious/conservative/GOP-MAGA foundational assumption about the origins and founding of America is historically and factually incorrect. 

-- If the answer is yes they were, then the "true believer" Christians waged a genocide in helping found America and the violence and racism of GOP-MAGA is line with Christian history.

Which is it? 

The answer is yes they were. All that alleged Christian peace, love, and charity comes only after the bloodbath of colonization, conquest, and conversion. The historical record is clear across centuries on three continents. Violent conquest comes first, peace and charity comes second (if at all).

Being Christian can be messy. Even seriously committed Christians continue to battle their own flesh and its non-reigning, extant sin—which is why they still do bad things. This is normally where some deep discussion of nuanced theological terms like sanctification, justification and glorification are bandied about. I’m not sure this is the place for that discussion.

58 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

True Believers? Huh? The MAGA Christians are no less Christian than the Baptists, Lutherans, Orthodox Catholics, Roman Catholics, Methodist, Mormons, or Church of England. They’re just groups of people promulgating their own version of a story for power. The council of Nicaea decided on the idea of the trinity. Mormons said wear special underwear. Baptist said no dancing. Church of England said divorce is cool. And MAGA says Jesus loves Guns. Guess what, the only right answer is the loudest one. 

Mormons aren’t Christians.