Tucker Carlson Tonight

atomheartbevo

Yeah, we focus grouped the tire thing, but it didn't workshop well.  I never posted on this thread because the bitching and moaning about FoxNews personalities was so pedestrian and dramatic to me.  But Tucker Carlson is an enemy of the United States working in concert with the Russian Federation.  And he needs to get dead and in front of his family so they wear that scarlet letter of shame for the rest of their lives.  Again, it's not their fault who their piece of shit father is, but they need to watch him choke out on his own blood so they remember it whenever that little itch in the back of their heads perks up to assume his broadcast mantle.  He needs to fucking die and they need to see it.  His whole audience needs to see it.  Some people have to go, and they have to go violently with shame and regret tattoo'd all across their blood-strewn face.  I don't give as much of a shit about FoxNews as most of you who think it's this propaganda platform that was unfortunately cast upon us by an old, rich Australian.  It's a mirror.  But it's a harmless mirror.  But Tucker is now an enemy of NATO and he should be fucking dead by dawn.  

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

No thread for him? Well he goes here then:

I can remember when he was the darling of Fox News.  He started really losing it around the time that the Tea Party started losing its traction/being folded back into the GOP - I remember he used his show to cover Tea Party stuff when the other shows wouldn't and he would get pissed off.

If he had held it together a little longer, and if Bill O'Reilly hadn't fucked around and harassed somebody, we might not know who two out of these three are - Tucker, Hannity, or Laura Ingraham, since O'Reilly and Beck would take up two hours in the evening.  Beck would have been killing it on Fox News - he would have had the Qanon crowd every night.

I miss his chalkboards.

t-glenn-beck-on-barack-obama-fox-news.jp

maxresdefault.jpg

glenn_beck_tides.png

GLENN_beck.jpg?alias=standard_900x600

Jon Stewart used to mock him - this was one with Beck's intestines

dsgb2-thumb-500x347-13082.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Very abrasive word to see 

We are at a point where that is the distinguishing word.   Nobody wants to say it, but fully 1/3 of the country is on board thinking it.  Edited to say that wasn’t directed at Al, just expressing my frustration with the Fox crowd and their ilk. 

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Obama was the whole package. A community organizer not qualified for the White House. Also, an oligarch.

Black wearing tan suits forgot a U.S. flag pin once and he smoked a cig once a day or something like that. Threat to America.

Edited by troph

On 4/12/2023 at 8:42 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

This is why I rarely visit this thread. Sharpton go hisself a paying job; still can't speak dignified, rich-boy-pussy English. This guy needs to be cuffed around the room.

He invokes Malcolm X whom he says despised white liberals? What do you think his disposition would be towards you, shitstick?

Back when I read Bonfire of the Vanities, long ago, Rev Al was not generally viewed as a serious person.  More pure grifter.  Seeing him the last half dozen years has made me change my mind.  He is right more than most of us can attest.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

True justice would be Tucker having to go out and realize that with all the choices he has made in life the only true “friends” he has are senile geriatrics and gravy seals and once confronted with that eat a bullet.

What a reprehensible soulless creature that dude is.

3 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I have not sunk so low as to search so I have no idea about Bill O’Reilley’s existence after Fox.  If Tucker sinks to that level of anonymity it would be fine by me.

5 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I have not sunk so low as to search so I have no idea about Bill O’Reilley’s existence after Fox.  If Tucker sinks to that level of anonymity it would be fine by me.

It would be nice if he’d take Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham with him. 

• Like 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2023/04/24/tucker-carlson-leaves-fox-news/

In a surprise announcement, Fox News announced Monday that its controversial yet top-rated prime-time host Tucker Carlson is leaving the network.

“Fox News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways,” the network said in a statement. “We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor.”

The apparently hasty parting — Carlson gave no indication he was leaving in his last nightly appearance Friday, and the network was still running promos for his show Monday morning — came less than a week after Fox settled a defamation lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems, which had sued the network for false claims about the 2020 election. Carlson was among several on-air personalities expected to testify.

Carlson’s private messages were among hundreds of internal communications made public in the course of the lawsuit that caused angst and embarrassment for Fox and seemed to heighten the company’s legal jeopardy. Among other comments, Carlson expressed skepticism of the election-fraud claims made on-air by attorneys affiliated with Donald Trump and declared that he “passionately” hates the former president, whose rise to power had been cheered by Fox.

But it was Carlson’s comments about Fox management, as revealed in the Dominion case, that played a role in his departure from Fox, a person familiar with the company’s thinking told The Post.

Spoiler

“Do the executives understand how much credibility and trust we’ve lost with our audience?” Carlson wrote to a colleague in a message a day after Fox, like other media outlets, called the election for Joe Biden. It was a sentiment echoed by others at Fox in the fall of 2020, as even network officials who disbelieved Trump’s election-fraud conspiracy theories fretted that countering them strongly would alienate their conservative viewers.

In another message, Carlson referred to management with an expletive: “Those f-----s are destroying our credibility.” He later wrote: “A combination of incompetent liberals and top leadership with too much pride to back down is what’s happening.”

Carlson, who works from a remote studio in Maine, did not immediately respond to a message asking for comment on his departure.

Notably, he was not given a chance to say goodbye to the mammoth audience he had amassed in his years as a primetime host. His executive producer, Justin Wells, is also leaving the network, according to a person familiar with the move.

Fox said that the 8 p.m. time slot, which Carlson has held since April 2017, will be filled on an interim basis by “rotating Fox News personalities until a new host is named.”

Carlson, 53, first made his name in media as a writer for the right-of-center Weekly Standard magazine, also contributing to journals like Esquire and Talk, before finding television fame as the conservative host of CNN’s left-versus-right public-affairs show “Crossfire.” He later hosted a prime-time show on liberal-leaning MSNBC and co-founded the conservative Daily Caller site.

But his rise to power as a broadcasting heavyweight began shortly after the 2016 election, when Fox launched him in a prime-time role. Within a couple years, he eclipsed 9 p.m. host Sean Hannity as the network’s most-watched host — and like Hannity, became an occasional confidante of Trump. In March 2020, he visited the then-president at Mar-a-Lago to warn him that the coronavirus needed to be taken seriously.

In 2022, “Tucker Carlson Tonight” averaged 3.32 million total viewers and received the largest audience in all of cable news with the coveted 25-to-54 age demographic.

His Fox News colleagues were stunned by the departure. “We’re just learning of this like everyone else, total surprise on my end," one staffer told The Post, speaking on condition of anonymity to share private insights into the newsroom.

Another on-air personality added: “This is major. It sends a message that even the guy with the highest ratings of all, by a long shot, doesn’t get to survive this disaster.”

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2023/04/24/tucker-carlson-leaves-fox-news/

Hide contents

“Do the executives understand how much credibility and trust we’ve lost with our audience?” Carlson wrote to a colleague in a message a day after Fox, like other media outlets, called the election for Joe Biden. It was a sentiment echoed by others at Fox in the fall of 2020, as even network officials who disbelieved Trump’s election-fraud conspiracy theories fretted that countering them strongly would alienate their conservative viewers.

In another message, Carlson referred to management with an expletive: “Those f-----s are destroying our credibility.” He later wrote: “A combination of incompetent liberals and top leadership with too much pride to back down is what’s happening.”

Carlson, who works from a remote studio in Maine, did not immediately respond to a message asking for comment on his departure.

Notably, he was not given a chance to say goodbye to the mammoth audience he had amassed in his years as a primetime host. His executive producer, Justin Wells, is also leaving the network, according to a person familiar with the move.

Fox said that the 8 p.m. time slot, which Carlson has held since April 2017, will be filled on an interim basis by “rotating Fox News personalities until a new host is named.”

Carlson, 53, first made his name in media as a writer for the right-of-center Weekly Standard magazine, also contributing to journals like Esquire and Talk, before finding television fame as the conservative host of CNN’s left-versus-right public-affairs show “Crossfire.” He later hosted a prime-time show on liberal-leaning MSNBC and co-founded the conservative Daily Caller site.

But his rise to power as a broadcasting heavyweight began shortly after the 2016 election, when Fox launched him in a prime-time role. Within a couple years, he eclipsed 9 p.m. host Sean Hannity as the network’s most-watched host — and like Hannity, became an occasional confidante of Trump. In March 2020, he visited the then-president at Mar-a-Lago to warn him that the coronavirus needed to be taken seriously.

In 2022, “Tucker Carlson Tonight” averaged 3.32 million total viewers and received the largest audience in all of cable news with the coveted 25-to-54 age demographic.

His Fox News colleagues were stunned by the departure. “We’re just learning of this like everyone else, total surprise on my end," one staffer told The Post, speaking on condition of anonymity to share private insights into the newsroom.

Another on-air personality added: “This is major. It sends a message that even the guy with the highest ratings of all, by a long shot, doesn’t get to survive this disaster.”

This kind of lends credibility to another thought that I had.  It's not so much that Tucker was critical of management or even insubordinate, per se, but that he had accrued so much power at the network that he was kind outside the chain of command.

On 4/14/2023 at 4:15 PM, atomheartbevo said:

I can remember when he was the darling of Fox News.  He started really losing it around the time that the Tea Party started losing its traction/being folded back into the GOP - I remember he used his show to cover Tea Party stuff when the other shows wouldn't and he would get pissed off.

If he had held it together a little longer, and if Bill O'Reilly hadn't fucked around and harassed somebody, we might not know who two out of these three are - Tucker, Hannity, or Laura Ingraham, since O'Reilly and Beck would take up two hours in the evening.  Beck would have been killing it on Fox News - he would have had the Qanon crowd every night.

I miss his chalkboards.

t-glenn-beck-on-barack-obama-fox-news.jp

maxresdefault.jpg

glenn_beck_tides.png

GLENN_beck.jpg?alias=standard_900x600

Jon Stewart used to mock him - this was one with Beck's intestines

dsgb2-thumb-500x347-13082.jpg

We have an older lady in our art club who mainlines Glenn Beck and then reveals his truth to us.

Us: "Yeah, I think we need 50 tents for the show. Which food trucks do we want to..."

She: "Did you know that the Jan. 6th protestors prevented a military coup? And in a year we won't be using dollars."

• Haha 5
  • Rage+1 2