Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

You have to prove a crime before you begin investigating it. Makes perfect sense. 

This.  That's a new kinda stupid.  The problem is -- and let me get this straight -- that a special investigator was appointed to investigate a potential crime....before it had been proven that the subjects of the investigation committed a crime.  That's some top-notch reasoning there, DOTUS.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  That's a new kinda stupid.  The problem is -- and let me get this straight -- that a special investigator was appointed to investigate a potential crime....before it had been proven that the subjects of the investigation committed a crime.  That's some top-notch reasoning there, DOTUS.

tenor.gif?itemid=5958053

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know this is nothing new but you have to appreciate the coordinated obstruction effort by the Trumpublicans and their propaganda machines with the Lisa Page transcript shit.

They have been sitting on her testimony for almost a year (since July) which they could have released at ANY TIME. 

Obviously there was nothing explosive in her testimony otherwise they would have released it then.  But fuck that shit, we will make her testimony explosive when it suits us.   

They have effectively weaponized oversight hearings from when they controlled the House.

Gotta appreciate the slime ball savvy tactics of the party of treason. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

The best people.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/giuliani-ally-we-werent-dangling-a-pardon-to-michael-cohen-we-were-reciting-garth-brooks-lyrics?ref=home

Last week, news reports surfaced that attorney Bob Costello, a longtime friend of Donald Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani, reached out to the president’s ex-fixer Michael Cohen last year with a potentially scandalous suggestion: Trump might consider pardoning Cohen amid growing legal problems owing to his business deals and skirting of campaign finance law.

On Wednesday, however, CNN reported that Costello wrote an April 2018 email to Cohen telling him that he could “sleep well tonight” because he had “friends in high places.”

It seemed, at first blush, possibly like evidence that a pardon—or, at a minimum, a telling wink and nod—had been dangled and that it was Team Trump doing the dangling.

Not so, says Costello. 

In an email to The Daily Beast, Costello said that he was not hinting at a Trump pardon when he talked about sleeping well at night. Instead, he was referencing a song by music star Garth Brooks in an attempt to comfort a “suicidal” Cohen. And, he added, there were documents that could confirm as much.

“To repeat myself, Michael Cohen and his counsel’s interpretation of events is utter nonsense,” Costello said. “This statement: ‘Sleep Well tonight, you have friends in high places’ was a tongue-in-cheek reference to a Garth Brooks song, to a client whose state of mind was highly disturbed and had suggested to us that he was suicidal. We were simply trying to be decent human beings. There is no hidden message.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/433893-samuel-l-jackson-trump-is-ruining-the-planet-and-all-kinds-of

Actor Samuel L. Jackson railed against President Trump in a wide-ranging interview released this week, accusing the president of "ruining the planet" and all "kinds of other shit."

"This motherf---er is like ruining the planet and all kinds of other crazy shit," Jackson said asked about his opposition to Trump in an interview with Esquire released Tuesday.

He also criticized those who might be reluctant to voice their opposition because they are worried about their careers, saying "if you're not saying anything, then you're complicit." 

"And I wouldn't give a f--- if I was a garbageman and I had a Twitter account; I'd tweet that shit out," Jackson said. "I'm not thinking about who I am and what my job is when I do that shit."

Jackson also shared a message to fans who dislike his views on Trump.

"I know how many motherf---ers hate me. 'I'm never going to see a Sam Jackson movie again.' F--- I care?" Jackson said. "If you never went to another movie I did in my life, I'm not going to lose any money. I already cashed that check. F--- you. Burn up my videotapes. I don't give a f---. 'You're an actor. Stick to acting.' 'No, motherf---er. I'm a human being that feels a certain way.' "

"And some of this shit does affect me, because if we don't have health care, shit, and my relatives get sick, they're going to call my rich ass," he continued. "I want them to have health care. I want them to be able to take care of themselves. This is how I feel. And I count to one hundred some days before I hit 'send,' because I know how that shit is."

During the interview, the 70-year-old actor also spoke about growing up during segregation. 

"I don't think I was ever angry about it," Jackson said. "I'm angrier now about it than I was then just because I see these guys and I know these are the same guys: Trump and all those assholes, Mitch McConnell. But they're the same fucking guys. And when I hear their voices, I hear the same voices. Those twangs where they didn't specifically call you 'n-----,' they said 'nigra.' 'The nigras.' "

"There was no doubt about where they stood, that you were never going to be their equal and, if possible, they were going to make sure you never had as much shit as they had," he continued. "And they were worried about the chasteness of their women, and miscegenation, and not having enough of them, there being more of us than there are of them."

Jackson has been a vocal critic of Trump since the president took office.

Last year, Jackson took to Twitter to criticize Trump's talk of arming teachers to prevent school shootings.

"Can someone that's been in a Gunfight tell that Muthaf---- that's Never been in a Gunfight, the flaws of his Arm The Teachers plan??!!" Jackson tweeted at the time.

He also emphatically endorsed Rep. Rashida Tlaib's (D-Mich.) call to impeach Trump after she told supporters at an event that "we're going to go in and impeach the motherf---er."

Trump and Jackson also feuded ahead of the 2016 election when Trump claimed that Jackson cheated at golf.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Yes, remove those senators. Fuck the will of the electorate which elected them.  They didn't pass Lou's purity test!

He’s right. Let’s vote them out and replace them with Democrats! 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

1.) Holy fuck, Samuel L. Jackson is 70. Wow. I feel old.

2.) Lou Dobbs looks like Lou Dobbs died five years ago and is being controlled by aliens.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What do you mean, “looks like?”

Lou is a textbook example of imposing either age limits or a dementia test before appearing on national television. Fucker has gone off the rails.

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/433893-samuel-l-jackson-trump-is-ruining-the-planet-and-all-kinds-of

Actor Samuel L. Jackson railed against President Trump in a wide-ranging interview released this week, accusing the president of "ruining the planet" and all "kinds of other shit."

"This motherf---er is like ruining the planet and all kinds of other crazy shit," Jackson said asked about his opposition to Trump in an interview with Esquire released Tuesday.

He also criticized those who might be reluctant to voice their opposition because they are worried about their careers, saying "if you're not saying anything, then you're complicit." 

"And I wouldn't give a f--- if I was a garbageman and I had a Twitter account; I'd tweet that shit out," Jackson said. "I'm not thinking about who I am and what my job is when I do that shit."

Jackson also shared a message to fans who dislike his views on Trump.

"I know how many motherf---ers hate me. 'I'm never going to see a Sam Jackson movie again.' F--- I care?" Jackson said. "If you never went to another movie I did in my life, I'm not going to lose any money. I already cashed that check. F--- you. Burn up my videotapes. I don't give a f---. 'You're an actor. Stick to acting.' 'No, motherf---er. I'm a human being that feels a certain way.' "

"And some of this shit does affect me, because if we don't have health care, shit, and my relatives get sick, they're going to call my rich ass," he continued. "I want them to have health care. I want them to be able to take care of themselves. This is how I feel. And I count to one hundred some days before I hit 'send,' because I know how that shit is."

During the interview, the 70-year-old actor also spoke about growing up during segregation. 

"I don't think I was ever angry about it," Jackson said. "I'm angrier now about it than I was then just because I see these guys and I know these are the same guys: Trump and all those assholes, Mitch McConnell. But they're the same fucking guys. And when I hear their voices, I hear the same voices. Those twangs where they didn't specifically call you 'n-----,' they said 'nigra.' 'The nigras.' "

"There was no doubt about where they stood, that you were never going to be their equal and, if possible, they were going to make sure you never had as much shit as they had," he continued. "And they were worried about the chasteness of their women, and miscegenation, and not having enough of them, there being more of us than there are of them."

Jackson has been a vocal critic of Trump since the president took office.

Last year, Jackson took to Twitter to criticize Trump's talk of arming teachers to prevent school shootings.

"Can someone that's been in a Gunfight tell that Muthaf---- that's Never been in a Gunfight, the flaws of his Arm The Teachers plan??!!" Jackson tweeted at the time.

He also emphatically endorsed Rep. Rashida Tlaib's (D-Mich.) call to impeach Trump after she told supporters at an event that "we're going to go in and impeach the motherf---er."

Trump and Jackson also feuded ahead of the 2016 election when Trump claimed that Jackson cheated at golf.

2ebv46.jpg

7 hours ago, gmr548 said:

1.) Holy fuck, Samuel L. Jackson is 70. Wow. I feel old.

2.) Lou Dobbs looks like Lou Dobbs died five years ago and is being controlled by aliens.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lou Dobbs is (checks notes) only 3 years older than Samuel L. Jackson.

11 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I know this is nothing new but you have to appreciate the coordinated obstruction effort by the Trumpublicans and their propaganda machines with the Lisa Page transcript shit.

They have been sitting on her testimony for almost a year (since July) which they could have released at ANY TIME. 

Obviously there was nothing explosive in her testimony otherwise they would have released it then.  But fuck that shit, we will make her testimony explosive when it suits us.   

They have effectively weaponized oversight hearings from when they controlled the House.

Gotta appreciate the slime ball savvy tactics of the party of treason. 

Do you even Mueller Investigation?  

Treason seems to be the theme of the times...  It's so easy to throw out there.

25 minutes ago, slorch said:

Do you even Mueller Investigation?  

Treason seems to be the theme of the times...  It's so easy to throw out there.

Do you even the findings of the investigation have not yet been released?

In the meantime, the following Trump associates have been charged or jailed:

• Paul Manafort, Trump campaign chairman and long-time Republican advisor
  • Michael Cohen, Trump lawyer and deputy finance chairman of the Republican National Committee
  • Rick Gates, deputy chairman of the Donald Trump Inaugural Committee
  • Michael Flynn, Trump National Security Advisor
  • George Papadapolous, Trump Foreign Policy Advisor
  • Roger Stone, Republican political consultant, lobbyist, and Trump campaign advisor

All the above are alleged to also have had dirty dealings with Russians to support Trump (aka treason). Don't be blind, brother.

I thought you were done defending Trump and his cronies.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Do you even the findings of the investigation have not yet been released?

In the meantime, the following Trump associates have been charged or jailed:

• Paul Manafort, Trump campaign chairman and long-time Republican advisor
  • Michael Cohen, Trump lawyer and deputy finance chairman of the Republican National Committee
  • Rick Gates, deputy chairman of the Donald Trump Inaugural Committee
  • Michael Flynn, Trump National Security Advisor
  • George Papadapolous, Trump Foreign Policy Advisor
  • Roger Stone, Republican political consultant, lobbyist, and Trump campaign advisor

All the above are alleged to also have had dirty dealings with Russians to support Trump (aka treason). Don't be blind, brother.

I thought you were done defending Trump and his cronies.

Questioning the ongoing forever and a year investigation is hardly defending Trump.

You and your ilk are evidently in severe denial that somehow, both sides of a political game are engaged in political shenanigans.

Edited by slorch

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

Questioning the ongoing forever and a year investigation is hardly defending Trump.

and yet, you will vote for him again no matter who the opponent is, and no matter what their positions are

and then say "i don't support him, and BOTH SIDES"

Despite his troubles back in the day, the 80s were a great decade for Trump with a lot of fame and (fake) fortune. In a way he epitomizes the 80s, brash loud materialistic and utterly full of shit. 

Because of this, he's still living in the 80s. Obsessed with television and rehashing tired tropes that should have died with that decade. 

He's an old, out of touch, man, whose self fabricated glory days are long behind him. 

6 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Despite his troubles back in the day, the 80s were a great decade for Trump with a lot of fame and (fake) fortune. In a way he epitomizes the 80s, brash loud materialistic and utterly full of shit. 

Because of this, he's still living in the 80s. Obsessed with television and rehashing tired tropes that should have died with that decade. 

He's an old, out of touch, man, whose self fabricated glory days are long behind him. 

My only regret is that he doesn’t have boneitis.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, slorch said:

Ah, yes,  I love the old "why is Mueller taking so long for a political investigation into nothing" battle cry.

TIL "forever" = 1 year.  You must have been pissed when they investigated Clinton for four "forevers" and spent all that tax money only to find no crimes.  Two "forevers" so far for Mueller and all he's come away with are a bunch of lousy indictments, charges, guilty pleas and prison sentences.

• Like 10
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

Ah, yes,  I love the old "why is Mueller taking so long for a political investigation into nothing" battle cry.

TIL "forever" = 1 year.  You must have been pissed when they investigated Clinton for four "forevers" and spent all that tax money only to find no crimes.  Two "forevers" so far for Mueller and all he's come away with are a bunch of lousy indictments, charges, guilty pleas and prison sentences.

Hell, the anti-Muellers ought to be thrilled over the prospect that with asset forfeiture alone, the investigation is paying for itself.  Manafort has coughed up around $27 million alone, give or take.  The anti-Muellers and the hardcore fiscal "conservatives" are one and the same.

Ken Starr's years long debacle didn't bring in any proceeds, but it's held up as the gold standard of special investigations because Clinton.

• Like 1

Letter Firing Comey Went to Wrong Printer

- excerpt from Kushner Inc. by Vicky Ward:

"In early May 2017, an aide to Gary Cohn, who had an office on the second floor of the West Wing, noticed a document on his printer. It appeared to be a letter from Trump, firing Comey. It also appeared to have been sent to the wrong printer…

Trump was livid about the attention the FBI investigation was attracting, but to fire the head of the FBI while it was investigating him was an extraordinarily risky move. …

Cohn told his aide to take the letter straight to then-White House counsel Donald McGahn, who also had an office on the second floor of the White House (and whose printer it had clearly been meant for). Upon receiving it and realizing it had been printed in the wrong place, McGahn said, “Oh, f!@#!”