Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

33 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I also said military brass seems to be disgusted by Trump.  I think he lost their vote by 6 months into his term.

He lost some when he tangled with the Gold Star family, and when he mocked McCain for being a POW.  

And given his past patterns, I fully expect him to really go after McCain tomorrow.  

Hell, I won’t put it past him to blame McCain for the Forrestal fire.  

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

. . . and before anyone feels the need to point it out, that potential shift in votes obviously didn't occur in only 3 states.  I'm just trying to provide a sense of scale.

I would say double your numbers.  We had 2 million active duty in the 1980s and early 90s alone.   Something like 9 million served active, Reserve, and National Guard during Vietnam, and many are still alive (albeit probably voting Trump).  

I think the 2018 midterms showed the way in AZ, MI, PA, and WI, but I do think plenty of those who are serving or have served, who voted for Trump in 2016, will find a reason not to vote for him.

Now with the current active-duty personnel, I don’t think many of the lower ranks will vote.   When I was in during the early/mid-90s, almost everybody I was around did not bother voting.   You had to send off for absentee ballots, and being young people, we had other things on our mind.  It is a lot easier to vote absentee these days thanks to the internet, but I bet plenty still don’t bother with it.  

6 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

He’s not going to handle this news about Hicks cooperating very well. She was his hot little confidant/protege. 

And probably his dream threesome along with Ivanka

This is a direct hit to his ego.  

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

This backs up my hunch:

Brass (and women) dislike Trump more than the enlisted troops.

Like I've said before this is why this weird worship of the military in America is insane. The majority of enlisted are fucking morons. A lot are horrible people who chose military over prison. 

America has become a collection of idiots worshipping other idiots. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, David Dennison said:

In a perfect world, the media would just ignore this clown.

I can’t watch any of it now. I assume there are enough people that do want to watch it or it wouldn’t be on those channels 23.5 hours per day. 

And even non-political news stories like plane crashes or forest fires are all viewed via the political operative lens. “We have early report of a plane going down in ________, let’s go to our team of DC insiders to discuss which party is at fault”

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I can’t watch any of it now. I assume there are enough people that do want to watch it or it wouldn’t be on those channels 23.5 hours per day. 

And even non-political news stories like plane crashes or forest fires are all viewed via the political operative lens. “We have early report of a plane going down in ________, let’s go to our team of DC insiders to discuss which party is at fault”

Speaking of.

MIL was talking to my spouse this past weekend.

MIL said the only reason the Boeing planes were grounded was because the Democrats insisted.  It was entirely their fault, and it all tied into their Green New Deal.

Speaking of.
MIL was talking to my spouse this past weekend.
MIL said the only reason the Boeing planes were grounded was because the Democrats insisted.  It was entirely their fault, and it all tied into their Green New Deal.

Wow. That is some powerful self delusion.

How often does she fly?

40 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Probably 3-4 times a year.

After the phone call, my wife said (paraphrasing) "I always thought of my mom as intelligent. Now, I'm not so sure".

I don't know her, but I can say for sure, just from this one story, she is not intelligent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't know her, but I can say for sure, just from this one story, she is not intelligent.

I told my spouse there were two possibilities:

-She's not intelligent at all

OR

-She's extremely gullible, easily swayed, etc.  It has to be one or the other.

12 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I told my spouse there were two possibilities:

-She's not intelligent at all

OR

-She's extremely gullible, easily swayed, etc.  It has to be one or the other.

I thank my lucky stars that my parents never started a facebook account and never watch Fox News. They despise the dotard and have so far proven immune to the real fake news that circulates. It makes for nice family get togethers. I have friends who aren’t a so lucky and have had to distance themselves from their parents. Sad!

18 hours ago, retread said:

Don Lemon spent a lot of his show last night on whatever imbecilic comments Cheeto made yesterday. I was wondering if CNN/MSNBC would ever just stop covering them and discuss his actual work as president, what little there is. Maybe make a statement that he said something deeply offensive again today,  and then move on to real news.

I know that they won't b/c of ratings, and DOTUS knows that too. He's just a 24/7 troll now who happens to live in the WH.

Excellent point about cable news. They will repeat the type of coverage you describe show after show after show. They beat one story to death and ignore so many others. 

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

After the phone call, my wife said (paraphrasing) "I always thought of my mom as intelligent. Now, I'm not so sure".

intelligence is not the issue.  there's a national level delirium that's causing the problem.  it's an offshoot of faith.  someone can be very intelligent and be blinded by the delirium.

Edited by yaqdum
dough pea
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I thank my lucky stars that my parents never started a facebook account and never watch Fox News. They despise the dotard and have so far proven immune to the real fake news that circulates. It makes for nice family get togethers. I have friends who aren’t a so lucky and have had to distance themselves from their parents. Sad!

My mom posted that fake photo of trump helping people in the flood during the North Carolina hurricane with the caption, "I've never seen a president do this!" I said, "Mom, you still haven't. You posted a fake photo and are perpetuating the lie onto other people." She said, "oh well. I still think it's a great photo."

i mean, I just fucking can't anymore. It's just being willfully stupid and I can't support it anymore. It gives me a rotten feeling in my stomach because I don't want to visit her anymore. I do it out of duty as a son, but it makes me fucking miserable. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Trump also compared the plan to “a high school term paper written by a poor student.”

Interestingly enough, as a high school student AOC participated in the Intel International Science & Engineering Fair and placed 2nd in the microbiology division with a project exploring the effects of antioxidants on the lifespan of nematodes.  So, it turns out Donald is right -- except for the "poor student" part (which you'd think he would understand).

23 minutes ago, Jograves said:

My mom posted that fake photo of trump helping people in the flood during the North Carolina hurricane with the caption, "I've never seen a president do this!" I said, "Mom, you still haven't. You posted a fake photo and are perpetuating the lie onto other people." She said, "oh well. I still think it's a great photo."

i mean, I just fucking can't anymore. It's just being willfully stupid and I can't support it anymore. It gives me a rotten feeling in my stomach because I don't want to visit her anymore. I do it out of duty as a son, but it makes me fucking miserable. 

The maddening of the olds is broad and deep.  Last night a friend told me of his mom bemoaing her inability to go to church as an elderly Catholic because it's not safe anymore (using Christchurch as an example of why).  Nevermind that the killer in NZ attacked Muslims and that American white olds' worship has been remained generally unscathed. 

Logans Run is sounding more appealing every day, if we can just do something about the tacky costumes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4xXR90sO1z78tmO3U-Vu

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jograves said:

That's generally the type of response I get from my mom whenever she posts some nonsense on facebook and I point out that it's nonsense. I've been called a buzzkill, by my own mother, on multiple occasions. She's normally intelligent, and now says she can't stand Trump, but she still circulates the same bullshit all the time. It's like it's fun to them to sorta play around with this crap so when it's pointed out that something is nonsense they'll say shit like "oh don't be such a buzzkill," but they clearly really believe this shit when they're discussing it among themselves.

3 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

He's just so dumb.  Putting aside policy, the demeanor, the racism, the authoritarianism (you can get those from other GOPers), I just don't understand why people will still support this guy when he is so fucking dumb.  

They're dumb too and his stupidity validates theirs. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Once again, I think we all know the answer. Yang found everyday Americans to donate to the Trump campaign, and then she reimbursed them. And since the Chinese tech people obviously paid her, it's not hard to draw that line. In other words, foreign nationals were illegally donating to the Trump campaign, and Yang was violating the individual contributions.

Side note: when you're in a picture with Trump and you make his tie length looks normal, you need to learn how to dress.

56 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Logans Run is sounding more appealing every day

At the very least we need to implement an upper limit for voting, and holding office.  I propose 80% of the average life expectancy as the limit.  

There is absolutely no reason an octogenarian should have any say on policies that overwhelmingly effect the younger generations.

53 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

That's generally the type of response I get from my mom whenever she posts some nonsense on facebook and I point out that it's nonsense. I've been called a buzzkill, by my own mother, on multiple occasions. She's normally intelligent, and now says she can't stand Trump, but she still circulates the same bullshit all the time. It's like it's fun to them to sorta play around with this crap so when it's pointed out that something is nonsense they'll say shit like "oh don't be such a buzzkill," but they clearly really believe this shit when they're discussing it among themselves.

I see some of this in real life public discussions where the olds push crazy conspiracy theories (9/11 was inside job type stuff) and I feel like I have a duty to correct which makes me look like the asshole.  

There’s no sense of responsibility regarding their social media posts or political discussions.  It’s like a video game to them, played for entertainment and has no consequences in the real world.  They’ve been demoralized to the point they believe their voice doesn’t matter so who cares if what they say is true or false?   I’m self aware enough to realize the irony of me saying this (because I’m a online posting junkie). 

He's just so dumb.  Putting aside policy, the demeanor, the racism, the authoritarianism (you can get those from other GOPers), I just don't understand why people will still support this guy when he is so fucking dumb.  

Deplorables.

1 hour ago, Jograves said:

My parents have become dumb as fuck. Facebook all day, FWFWFW email stuff. It's sad to watch. When I every so often try to correct them on a fake story, they just in unison "Ohh my gosh, you are SO liberal". "No mom and dad, I'm just trying to explain to you what a tariff is".