Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

7 minutes ago, achooloco said:

That’s not justifying it as a Christian tho, just a capitalist. So you are a shitty Christian?

but thats not even a capitalist's point of view. its the view of an autocratic / oligarchic economy where a capitalistic economic system is hindered and then captured by autocratic/oligarchic policies ie... through deregulation barriers to entry become higher and the markets become less accessible to anyone other than the largest companies and the effective ruling class. its a death sentence for capitalism. the capitalistic system gives way to a pure oligarchy.

our country has never grown more than when we married capitalism to progressive democracy. effective capitalism requires regulation so that markets are accessible and competition shapes and forms the markets. if we want to get back to what made America a superpower then we have to reject the Republican myth that less regulation leads to a more robust economy and is what capitalism is all about and understand that what they are actually doing is pulling the ladder up behind them under the false premise of capitalism and making sure that no one else can enter the market and compete with them. And then instead we need to embrace progressive democracy coupled with capitalism as the real engine of the American dream, prosperity, and what truly made America into the superpower it is now. And it actually helps grow the economy for everyone not just the largest companies and the ruling class. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Another quarter of above 3% GDP growth. Remember what Obama said we’d never see that again. I have never been wealthier in my life than now. I thank President Trump for the economy and lower taxes. Give me a ballot right now. Trump 2020 MAGA

record deficit spending during a good economy. how odd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Only Trump would quote someone saying something so ridiculous and not use their name.

The thing is, if your local block captain posted unattributed crazy shit like that on your NextDoor feed, he'd be deposed from office and justly, widely derided.  Yet Trump is the president and his enablers can't or won't see this truth and respond accordingly.

I'm feeling generous today.  The problem isn't evil.  It's the cultivation and embrace of anger and resentment, at the expense of personal integrity and civic duty.  Come to think of it, maybe some evil mixed in there too.

15 minutes ago, Nivek said:

The problem with this plan (if it is true) is that the Democratic Party has a poor track record with driving the narrative and hammering home on issues, whereas the republicans are organized and use their propaganda-media outlet to communicate talking points and character assassination effectively.

Couple that with the constant stream of distractions and you have more opportunity to miss than to hit.

Let’s look at Bengazi. That shit was in the news, on the Internet, and harped about in Congress for a very lengthy time. The soldiers killed in Africa barely got 2 weeks. The kids in cages lasted about a month. The republicans have people saying collusion instead of conspiracy. Some Democrats were even afraid to support Pelosi because of effective character assassination by the republicans.

There is only one way to overcome this problem. 

My God the Republicans are a cancerous tumor that might lead to the death of our nation and all they care about is getting theirs, their team winning at any cost, and libtard tears. They don't care about America anymore. When did this happen? Seriously, what the fuck happened?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Another quarter of above 3% GDP growth. Remember what Obama said we’d never see that again. I have never been wealthier in my life than now. I thank President Trump for the economy and lower taxes. Give me a ballot right now. Trump 2020 MAGA

You also admit to blowing dudes for drugs.  That’s some great decision making skill. If felons can’t vote, why the fuck can you?

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He really doesn’t want to get impeached 

I always thought that video demonstrated the contempt of everyone around Trump. Nobody said a word as he walked from the limo to af1.

He likely walked from the White House with that stuck to his foot. Nobody said nothing.

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

trump-toiletpaper.gif?w=780

• Like 1

Just now, Red Five said:

Trump 2020: They’re Alive Aren’t They?

let's not forget that these are the fucking lucky ones. praise god!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/29/immigrant-deaths-us-custody-felipe-gomez-alonzo-jakelin-caal

The deaths of two Guatemalan children in US government custody have sparked outrage and cast a spotlight on the treatment of immigrants detained by authorities.

Felipe Gómez Alonzo, an eight-year-old boy, died on Christmas Eve. US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) subsequently ordered medical checks on every child in its custody. The boy had been moved through at least four holding facilities and suffered from a fever and vomiting.

Weeks earlier, Jakelin Caal, a seven-year-old Guatemalan girl who crossed the border with her father, died less than two days after being apprehended by the border patrol.

The two children are not the only immigrants to die in 2018 in custody, either in CBP facilities or at detention centers run by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (Ice).

In May, a 19-month-old girl, Mariee Juárez, died weeks after being released from a family detention center in Dilley, Texas. Her mother, Yazmin Juárez, who traveled from Guatemala with her daughter, is suing the government, saying poor medical care at the facility led to her daughter’s death.

The baby girl was healthy when she arrived at Dilley but she developed a fever of 104.2F, vomiting and diarrhea while there, according to the complaint. She spent weeks at New Jersey hospitals after the family was released but doctors were unable to save her.

A five-month-old girl from Honduras who traveled with the migrant caravan was hospitalized with pneumonia after spending days in a freezing cell at a border facility, her mother told BuzzFeed. The baby survived.

but it's okay. icono will go to church and feel real serious about salvation. despite a history of making such disgusting remarks, he'll talk to his pastor about this, and feel real bad about it, just like when he wanted to go down to the border and shoot immigrants with rubber bullets. 

god forgives. the united states border patrol and ICE do not. 

render unto caesar, immigrants!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-agent-maria-butina-sentenced-i-destroyed-my-own-life

Maria Butina, who admitted to conspiring to act as a covert Russian agent and charmed American conservative leaders with her gun-rights activism, was sentenced to 18 months by a D.C. federal judge on Friday.

Judge Tanya Chutkan’s sentence was what the Justice Department requested for Butina, though she’ll serve closer to nine months thanks to time already served in jail. “The conduct was sophisticated and penetrated deep into U.S. political organizations,” Chutkan said before handing down the stiff sentence.

Butina is a 30-year-old Russian national who came to the U.S. to study at American University in Washington, D.C. and courted gun-rights and conservative activists, especially in the National Rifle Association. She was arrested last July and charged with violating a U.S. law that bars people from acting as foreign agents without telling the attorney general—a charge Justice Department lawyers characterize as “espionage-lite.” Butina pleaded guilty in December and agreed to cooperate with the government.

Just before she was sentenced, Butina made an emotional plea for leniency. Her voice shook as she spoke.

“My parents discovered my arrest on the morning news they watch in their rural house in a Siberian village,” she said. “I love them dearly, but I harmed them morally and financially. They are suffering from all of that. I destroyed my own life as well. I came to the United States not under any orders, but with hope, and now nothing remains but penitence.”

While living in the U.S., Butina communicated with then-Russian Central Bank official Alexander Torshin about her efforts to build relationships with Americans. In one instance, she claimed she had influence over who would become Trump’s secretary of state. In December 2015, she even helped arrange for a delegation of NRA leaders to visit Moscow, where they met with powerful figures in the Russian government.

Butina said she would have registered as a foreign agent with the Justice Department, but she claimed not to have known U.S. law.  

“I deeply regret this crime, not merely because it has harmed me, my beloved friends, and my cherished family, but ironically, it has harmed my attempts to improve the relationships between the two countries,” she said.

Chutkan had none of it.

“This was no simple misunderstanding by an overeager foreign student,” Chutkan said, saying the crime Butina pled guilty to “is serious, and jeopardized this country’s national security.”

Erik Kenerson, the prosecutor handling her case, told Chutkan that Butina was executing a plan to establish contact between the two governments, for the benefit of Russia. The information was “of extreme importance to the Russian Federation,” he said.

“There is no doubt that she was not simply a grad student,” he said.

“Her conduct shows how easy it can be for a foreign government to target Americans in the U.S.,” he added.

One of her lawyers, Alfred Carry, pushed back against Kenerson’s argument.

“Maria is not a spy,” he said. “She’s not intelligence. She’s never been employed by the Russian government. She knows of no secret codes, safehouses, illegals. She has never engaged in covert activity and she has never lied to our government.”

During her time in the U.S., Butina also entered a romantic relationship with Paul Erickson, a longtime conservative-movement insider who helped her befriend people in the NRA. Erickson was indicted this year in South Dakota on charges of several financial crimes, none of which involved Butina or Russia.

The sentence marks the end of a two-year saga that has riveted Washington and embodied tensions between the U.S. and Russia stemming from Moscow’s interference in the 2016 election.

The Justice Department asked for Butina to receive an 18-month sentence. Butina asked the judge to sentence her to the time she has already served.

Butina noted that she has cooperated with federal investigators extensively since entering her guilty plea last December. And she said that in the wake of her plea, her future looks bleak.

“I have three degrees, but now I’m a convicted felon with no job, no money, and no freedom,” she said. “My reputation is ruined, both here in the United States and abroad. And while I know that I am not this evil person who has been depicted in the media, I’m responsible for these consequences.”

Butina will be deported back to Russia after she is released from prison.

“I still hold a whisper in my heart to one day return to this country,” she added, “but I know this wish is only a dream.”

Just like to say we're locking up the wrong person in Butina.  Those NRA fucks that knowingly got played by her and sold this country out should be the ones going to prison.  Butina is a Russian patriot that was doing her job like a good soldier and I'm sure she will be a treated as a hero when she returns to Russia.  I'm glad we caught her and shut down her operation but there's a group of American assholes that are getting off the hook here. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

let's not forget that these are the fucking lucky ones. praise god!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/29/immigrant-deaths-us-custody-felipe-gomez-alonzo-jakelin-caal

but it's okay. icono will go to church and feel real serious about salvation. despite a history of making such disgusting remarks, he'll talk to his pastor about this, and feel real bad about it, just like when he wanted to go down to the border and shoot immigrants with rubber bullets. 

god forgives. the united states border patrol and ICE do not. 

render unto caesar, immigrants!

He’ll also shower extra hard, trying to scrub the brown away.  Poor bastard.  

• Like 2

A fun game to play from now on is going to be "Trump or Biden?!?" where the contestants guess who said the thing.

"presidential historians think there's very few, probably no other administration where the president and vice president became as personally close"

Trump or Biden!?

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

A fun game to play from now on is going to be "Trump or Biden?!?" where the contestants guess who said the thing.

"presidential historians think there's very few, probably no other administration where the president and vice president became as personally close"

Trump or Biden!?

it's fun so long as you admit that the chosen quotes are of 0.0% importance.

"man, i'm thirsty."

Trump or Biden?  These two politicians are the same!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Trump or Biden!?

No offense but that doesn't seem like a fun game.  The answer would obviously be Trump because this is a Trump thread.  Why would anyone post a Biden quote here?

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Interesting. I follow macroeconomic forecasts and reporting pretty closely and I don't think that ever happened or that you can source a quote anything like that. I think that in part because quarterly GDP growth was over 3% about multiple times during the Obama administration, including growth of 5.2% in Q3 of 2014. 

Of course, as I've said multiple times, the president has almost no impact on quarterly GDP and statements made otherwise are pure suckerbait. Obama deserves credit for managing a holistic policy of holding off a deflationary collapse over a sustained period of risk, and the policy came at an immense price. What the administration is doing now is eating seed corn that we will miss sorely during the next cyclical recession, and is very close to the magic beans bullshit of modern monetary theory embraced by the likes of Sanders and AOC.  Sadly, it suprises me zero that you are bought in on this nonsense, or that you are repeating an imaginary quote. 

The odds that icono's feeble brain can comprehend what you just typed are basically zero. He wont even try to argue. He'll just switch to some other Trump topic hit button issue because he knows he is too fucking stupid to argue economic policy with someone that knows more than your average trumpkin.

36 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Interesting. I follow macroeconomic forecasts and reporting pretty closely and I don't think that ever happened or that you can source a quote anything like that. I think that in part because quarterly GDP growth was over 3% about multiple times during the Obama administration, including growth of 5.2% in Q3 of 2014. 

Of course, as I've said multiple times, the president has almost no impact on quarterly GDP and statements made otherwise are pure suckerbait. Obama deserves credit for managing a holistic policy of holding off a deflationary collapse over a sustained period of risk, and the policy came at an immense price. What the administration is doing now is eating seed corn that we will miss sorely during the next cyclical recession, and is very close to the magic beans bullshit of modern monetary theory embraced by the likes of Sanders and AOC.  Sadly, it suprises me zero that you are bought in on this nonsense, or that you are repeating an imaginary quote. 

the irony is that if trump made a deal where he could be president again and have some quarters show 4-5% growth, but only if it completely destroyed the economy and wrecked the country the second he left office for the next president, no matter the party, and completely fuck over the next generation including his kids/grandkids, he would jump at the chance before you finished explaining it to him.

whenever he leaves office, i expect daily tweets about how much shittier the country is since he left.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

link to this quote from obama?

Just now, henrygandorf said:

the irony is that if trump made a deal where he could be president again and have some quarters show 4-5% growth, but only if it completely destroyed the economy and wrecked the country the second he left office for the next president, no matter the party, and completely fuck over the next generation including his kids/grandkids, he would jump at the chance before you finished explaining it to him.

whenever he leaves office, i expect daily tweets about how much shittier the country is since he left.

Well, he made that deal, in effect, because that's what the combination of the ridiculously excessive corporate tax cut and increased spending were supposed to do, and he has reportedly said that he doesn't care about the debt or the increased deficits because he won't be in office when the bill comes due. But it didn't yield 4-5% growth because he's fighting the fed and the money went to stock buybacks. So now he's trying to stack the fed with hacks. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Well, he made that deal, in effect, because that's what the combination of the ridiculously excessive corporate tax cut and increased spending were supposed to do, and he has reportedly said that he doesn't care about the debt or the increased deficits because he won't be in office when the bill comes due. But it didn't yield 4-5% growth because he's fighting the fed and the money went to stock buybacks. So now he's trying to stack the fed with hacks. 

where's the herman cain gif when you need it?

• Like 1

Dotard and his followers are fucking sick dogs.

You, Dotard supporter reading this...that’s what you are...a rabid, demented, sick dog. I’m actually being disrespectful to rabid demented sick dogs when I compare you to them.