Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

also, has it occurred to anyone that he just spent a week chumming with the most murderous people on the planet. Who's to say they didn't slip him something? Remember, Putin brought his own glass.

Kim has been building up a resistance to iocane powder for years 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump’s health has been visibly deteriorating for a while now (months).  His vocabulary has gone to shit and he keeps repeating things.   He has trouble forming complete thoughts and sentences.

Just quoting this again because of its vast stupidity. 

Your post suggests that he once had a functioning vocabulary and that he hasn't always been a Teddy Ruxpin of mindless throwaway talking points. 

Pay attention, Hugo! 

20 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Just quoting this again because of its vast stupidity. 

Your post suggests that he once had a functioning vocabulary and that he hasn't always been a Teddy Ruxpin of mindless throwaway talking points. 

Pay attention, Hugo! 

While true, it’s gotten worse IMO.  But you make an excellent point, his lexicon was always dogshit. 

4 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Victimized white males striving daily to find new social injustices. Foot stomping tantrums and wailing "it's not fair!" This is now a growing portion of new age conservatism. They're as fragile as a freshman at UC Berkeley who hasn't experienced enough life yet to learn how to regulate her political outrage. Nothing is their fault. It's THEM. THEY'RE taking everything. They squandered all their built in advantages and they never got their Congratulations for Being White prize. Their feelings got hurt and now you must hear from them. 

So this is the Airing of Grievances and it ends with the Feats of Strength.

Edited by Biff Tannen
random capitalization, like the dotard
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

The German communists were trounced.  Their tit-for-tat approach provided the Nazis moral cover for their own violence and they served as a useful scapegoat to justify a Nazi crackdown on opposition.  That a communist foreign superpower helped defeat Nazi Germany is mere coincidence. 

"moral cover" only works if the center approves and buys what the fascists are selling. Which, at this point, you and your fellow centrists are.

I have asked you a lot of questions that you've ignored, and it's indicative of how intellectually and morally bereft centrism is. You have nothing to offer other than criticism of the only people bothering to actually fight fascism. You think posting is fighting. You think mocking ANTIFA is politics. You're full of shit.

Yes, the German communists got their fucking asses kicked. Know why? Because no one helped them. No one stood beside them against the Nazis. They tried while people like you mocked them and spoke out against them.

Read the Neimoller poem, imbecile.

What Antifa superpower do you propose will bail us out when the right wing crushes the mob of leftist rock-throwers here?  

The white supremacist protesters aren't crushing ANTIFA. ANTIFA is winning, which is something you should celebrate if you actually oppose the march of white supremacist fascism.

Where is Richard Spencer? Where is Milo? Where is Christopher Cantwell? Where is Gavin McInnes? Where is Baked Alaska? Where is Mike Cernovich? Where is Tiny Tuoese? Where are the fascist celebrities of 2017 and early 18?

Running scared.

Spencer got punched in the face and his star collapsed. Cantwell got pepper sprayed into tears and turned into a Fed informant. Gavin's neighbors hate him and he cries about it constantly. Mike lives in his wife's parents' basement. Baked is making #YangGang videos.

It is NOT the fucking centrists who did any of this. It is the left, it is ANTIFA, it is the misfits and queer communities who gather together in solidarity to actually fight fascism.

And I am not advocating passivity or tolerance of extreme right views.  Far from it.  I’m just saying: don’t be stupid.  You mention one tactic that has proven useful: doxxing white supremacists.  I also advocate peaceful counter-protest.  But violent counter-protest is stupid and counterproductive.  

Not according to the fascists themselves.

But you don't actually care. It's all optics because you're comfortable and you have no moral imagination.

Like literally everything else associated with our triggered snowflake of a President and his administratio, this is poorly thought out, executed, planned, prepared for, whatever.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/03/donald-trump-july-4-event-1397772

The White House and Republican National Committee have spent the last week scrambling to distribute VIP tickets to President Donald Trump’s Fourth of July speech at the Lincoln Memorial.

Now, White House officials and allies are wringing their hands over the risk of the hastily arranged event morphing into Trump’s Inauguration 2.0, in which the size of the crowd and the ensuing media coverage do not meet the president’s own outsized expectations for the event.

“They started this too late and everyone has plans already,” said Dan Eberhart, a Republican donor and chief executive officer of the drilling services company Canary, LLC. “Everyone will be there in spirit, but in reality, people planned their July 4th activities weeks ago.”

Less than 36 hours before the event, White House aides were crafting Trump’s speech while administration and Republican National Committee officials finalized the guest lists.

A White House official declined to explain the system for handing out tickets or the various tiers of VIP access, except to say the reserved seating area – extending from the steps of the memorial to the middle the reflecting pool — will feature veterans, Trump family and friends and special guests. The First Lady, vice president and second lady, and a number of Cabinet officials are expected to attend as well as several senior White House officials — though the aide stressed this, too, was still coming together.

“They are creating this thing from scratch, and I do not know if anyone knows how it will go off,” said another White House aide. “There are questions about the ticket distribution and who will show up. The weather might be bad. Heads are spinning.”

Spoiler

An informal survey of more than a half dozen Trump donors and allies showed that none plan to attend. Several Republicans close to the White House returned POLITICO’s calls from beaches at least one plane ride away from Washington.

While the Republican National Committee is trying to use Trump’s speech to woo high-end donors, few, if any, seemed to want the tickets because they’d already escaped D.C.

One Republican close to the White House said he has not heard any chatter among the donor class about attending the speech, even if it meant securing top-notch seats before one of Washington’s most majestic memorials. A Republican political operative called the week of July 4 normally a “dead zone for donors.”

“It’s not a very tough ticket to get,” said another Republican close to the White House. “They’re not going to give it away to anyone off the street, but if you have any juice at all, you can probably get the tickets.”

The White House allowed staffers to enter a lottery to receive up to 10 tickets per person — a sign of the administration’s rush to fill up that space on the mall, said a third White House aide.

Staffers typically can enter lotteries for anywhere from two to four tickets to events such as the Easter Egg Roll, but it is unusual for staffers to get offers for tickets in blocks of 10, the aide added.

The Trump event has caused tension throughout Washington during what is a typically a quiet vacation week. Congress is on recess, and many D.C. residents typically use this stretch of time to escape D.C.’s humidity.

Instead military and Pentagon officials spent the last few days privately decrying the use of tankers and military airplanes as part of the president’s speech, fearing it casts the traditionally nonpartisan U.S. military in a political light.

The president’s critics seized on his “Salute to America” program as Trump trying to use federal taxpayer dollars to fund what ultimately may come across as a political rally, hijacking the usual night of fireworks and classical music on the mall.

A White House official stressed Trump’s speech is not a political event – even though the Republican National Committee, which is closely coordinating with the Trump re-election campaign on the 2020 race, was given a block of tickets to distribute.

A spokesperson for the RNC called it “standard practice for the RNC to receive a small number of tickets to events just as the DNC did under Democrat Presidents. This is routine for events like the White House Christmas Open Houses, Garden Tours in spring and fall, etc.”

"The public is welcome to come and celebrate our great country, the greatest democracy, the Constitution, all the amendments,” top White House aide Kellyanne Conway told reporters Tuesday. “I'm not going to allow you to politicize it."

The president has been wanting to put on a 4th of July event since July 2017 when he visited France for a Bastille Day parade and was struck by the display of the French procession that included over 60 airplanes, more than 20 helicopters, horses and soldiers.

Since then, administration officials have tried to water down the president’s desires for a military-focused parade, but they could only do so much – leaving the White House scrambling to put on Thursday’s “Salute to America” event.

Many Trump supporters and donors say the uproar over the president’s speech and his desire to throw a July 4 celebration has been overblown. They view as the president trying to celebrate the military and his pride in America.

“I love that Trump is not afraid to buck convention and put his own twist on these types of events. That’s the essence of America,” said Eberhart, the GOP donor. “My only advice to the president is that he should hold this parade in Phoenix instead of in the swamp of Washington, D.C.”

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So this is the Airing of Grievances and it ends with the Feats of Strength.

When the airing of grievances is complete you must wrestle and defeat the head of the household. Otherwise, festivus will continue. 

47 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Victimized white males striving daily to find new social injustices. Foot stomping tantrums and wailing "it's not fair!" This is now a growing portion of new age conservatism. They're as fragile as a freshman at UC Berkeley who hasn't experienced enough life yet to learn how to regulate her political outrage. Nothing is their fault. It's THEM. THEY'RE taking everything. They squandered all their built in advantages and they never got their Congratulations for Being White prize. Their feelings got hurt and now you must hear from them. 

At last, somebody feels my pain. I can't make innocent race-related bon mots anymore because it might offend somebody. They do the same thing to us! Not fair! 

Just cuz I notice that some black people and women (especially black women!) are kind of dumb, that makes me a racist. Hey! I'm just calling it like I see it! I guess it's not a free country anymore.

Don't get me started on the so-called intellectuals who have plenty of book learnin' but no common sense, no street smarts like me. (The mean streets of Abilene turn a boy into a man in the blink of an eye.) I don't need to be no scientist to see that scientists are full of crap and on the payroll of the libs.

It's the colleges that blame white people for everything. The people who built this country! We're in the wrong? We're the bad guys? Thank dear God that we have somebody to speak for us now!

17 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I hope it turns out the be the rained out rat fuck it deserves to be.

This was my initial thought, but I don't want him to have any excuses.  I mean, I know he'll find one, but "there were expected to be millions in attendance before the rain started" will definitely be something we all have to endure, should the skies open up.

I can't wait for the spin........"Many people are talking about it right now. Well, they're massive demonstrations  well wishers. I looked today, and that really is a million people. A lot of times, people talk about they had 2,000 people but it was really 1,000 or it was 200 at previous firework celebrations. I see it all the time. I see it all the time. But when you look at this political rally celebration they said it was a million people, and that was a million people. That was as big a political ego stroke celebration as I've ever seen. Many people are saying it.

50 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

this Fourth of July celebration in D.C. is a powder keg.  i expect fireworks besides those in the sky.  there is going to be violence.  nobody should be surprised when it happens.  i'm just hoping there aren't casualties.

I'm thinking the same thing. I want there to be vocal protest. When it happens, Trump will say that the protesters are insulting the flag and, therefore, the police, firefighters, and our men in uniform. Trump may very well whip his people up into a fury.

I don't want anybody to die or be seriously hurt. But what would a riot on the Washington Mall on July 4 say to this country?

"Oh noes, it's even more polarizing!" Maybe. Doubtful. The best result would be the awakening of the part of the electorate oblivious to what we talk about everyday on this site.

I never predict nothing, though. I'm so often wrong. A riot might swing another ten percent Trump's way and then where will be?

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Something is up.  We haven’t seen Trump in public for a few days and these recent tweets are most likely staff because they are so unprovocative.  

Trump’s health has been visibly deteriorating for a while now (months).  His vocabulary has gone to shit and he keeps repeating things.   He has trouble forming complete thoughts and sentences.

The dumb shit he’s been saying of late isn’t the work of a healthy functioning adult brain, even for Trump.  We see Ivanka now at arms length of him at all times.  

This guy ain’t making it to the 2020 election.

They need to hire Chooky to be his tweeting double.  

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Welp...I may have to watch now.

He’s an avid Trump supporter and has been hiding in Pennsylvania for two decades, according to some people on Twitter who don’t seem to realize he’s actually dead

He shares a small cottage with Frederick Douglass in Scranton. 

• Like 2

A rousing display of military strength accompanying our dear leader in an audio and visual display of patriotic grandeur, fresh off the hand holding and normalization of the world's most notoriously ruthless and isolated dictatorship. And there's nobody to tell the child "no." I'm sure it's fine. 

On 7/2/2019 at 7:49 AM, Mojo Hand said:

So both campaigns can hire an attorney, who then hires another attorney of a consulting firm, who then pays the Russian troll farms to mangle each side?  Perfectly legal, right?  Russian troll war played out in the twitterverse, facebook, etc.  Or would that not be legal?

12 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

OMG Liberal Redneck is MY PEOPLE!

I think he's the same guy that's been on Real Time with Bill Maher a few times. He cuts straight through the bullshit.