Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Our elected leaders are dictated by gerrymandering and voter suppression which were actions implemented by American politicians. 

You mean the elected leaders now aligned with the Kremlin?   Yeah, maybe we should RETRACE OUR FUCKING STEPS ON HOW WE GOT HERE

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Just a hunch. Basing it on the fact that Trump has been successfully sued for blocking people on Twitter. Twitter is now a record of his official statements as president. Plus, Jack doesn't have the balls to block him. 

Fair enough, I suppose my thought on why they don't ban him is more cynical.  I think it's all about ad revenue.  Twitter is in the eyeballs business, and if nothing else, Trump brings in the views.

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

My grandmother has no problem with the coloreds. Now go help yourself at the candy and nut bowl, grab yourself a delicious nigger toe and sit and visit awhile. 

I remember when my friend's grandfather was so proud of his newfound racial tolerance after he quit using the "n word"  and started calling black folks "darkies."  

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Sorry, but I’m not impressed with Obama’s statement.  We need more Betos right now and less Obamas as far as the rhetoric from our leaders go.  

I think we need both.  Obama can be the boring gravitas guy as a comparison to Trump. The candidates can bring the heat. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

I think we need both.  Obama can be the boring gravitas guy as a comparison to Trump. The candidates can bring the heat. 

We need leadership.  We need Trump named and shamed by those leaders.  Anything short of that is not leadership. 

If this democracy wasn’t so brow beaten, our “leaders” would openly calling for Trump to resign right now. 

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

We need leadership.  We need Trump named and shamed by those leaders.  Anything short of that is not leadership. 

If this democracy wasn’t so brow beaten, our “leaders” would openly calling for Trump to resign right now. 

Good grief...next you'll be blaming Obama.  

• Like 2

Obama gets both locations correct
Shreds the "it won't work!" argument
Brings up white nationalist, racist ideologies, radicalized through the internet
Tolerance and diversity, shades Trump

What a class fucking act. And Hugo hates it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, retread said:

It would be amazing to watch the bumper cars of neurons in his skull trying to read a teleprompter after a weekend of golf.

"May God bless Lee Trevino."

Edit: Nevermind. Trevino is Mexican.

Edited by Foosters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just a hunch. Basing it on the fact that Trump has been successfully sued for blocking people on Twitter. Twitter is now a record of his official statements as president. Plus, Jack doesn't have the balls to block him. 

The distinction is that Trump is President so he has a duty to not violate the 1st Amendment. Twitter is just a company, as other have pointed out. I agree though that he won’t get banned from twitter, but it won’t be litigation fears that cause them to back down.

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Brings up white nationalist, racist ideologies, radicalized through the internet

Hugo is a fucking beating.  

39 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Hey, hold on a second. I mean Hugo's been right about so many things over the past 2 years...

Obama flames Trump and that then becomes the story. Unlike Trump, Obama has the smarts to put out a statement like he did and reinforces just how far we've fallen in the decorum of the president. 

31 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Class act indeed.  He played all the right notes to give everyone the warm and fuzzies.  He identified all the problems and what needs to be done.  He demonstrated what a good president looks like in normal times.  But these are not normal times.   

His trepidation about overreaching or coming off too divisive has always been his weakness.  Sorry if I see it again in this statement.  I’m not going to bash Obama because there’s no point but the lack of intensity and urgency irked me. 

His statement was better than no statement.

Thanks Obama 

35 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

“Trepidation about overreaching or coming off too divisive” are good qualities of reasonable people in general, and especially those who are wielding more power than anyone else in the free world.

I think Obama’s statement was very good.  And while it may be satisfying to see Beto voice people’s raw frustration, of the two I would rather have a President that responds the way Obama did.  Do we want to solve problems, or is it more important to land a sick burn against Dotard and dumb media people?

It’s not about landing sick burns, it’s about setting a tone.  It’s about making Trump and those that enable him uncomfortable to the point they might think twice before they tweet out racist shit. 

I want leaders that speak as if their brother was just murdered by the same hate Trump has been spewing for the last four years.  Americans are now being massacred by the same forces the Trumpublicans have been actively inspiring and giving aid and comfort.  The time for niceties is over. 

JMO

2 hours ago, retread said:

I hope the D nominee can be that person, at least in part. The Ds are going to have to fight as hard as the Rs to make that happen.

By the time the election is in full swing this weekend will be forgotten, I’m afraid. Trump will be back to normal and Fox News will be in full force. I hope I’m wrong, Trump needs to get the hell out. Every complicit Republican needs to be voted out! We need fresh air and total change. 

13 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Trump to visit El Paso on Wednesday - this should go swimmingly.

He'll truck in a bunch of actors and 8chan to fill the crowd and block any protesters from entering. Outside will be a different story.

42 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

By the time the election is in full swing this weekend will be forgotten, I’m afraid. Trump will be back to normal and Fox News will be in full force. I hope I’m wrong, Trump needs to get the hell out. Every complicit Republican needs to be voted out! We need fresh air and total change. 

This will be forgotten by next weekend. He'll say or do something outrageous to distract the media narrative and then get right back to his racist hate speech. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

This will be forgotten by next weekend. He'll say or do something outrageous to distract the media narrative and then get right back to his racist hate speech. 

How many more radicalized white nationalist attacks are we gonna have before November 2020?  Or school shootings? 

5? 10? More? 

How many more asylum kids torn from their families are going to die in our custody?  

We are in uncharted territory.  Trump isn’t going to be able to distract from what’s coming.  It’s a miracle we haven’t had any high profile assassinations yet.   Trump has no idea how bad his Frankenstein’s monster gets.