Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, lemonlime said:

If a Republican president does this it's not obstruction. A Republican president is not subject to whistleblower statutes, and no one can blow the whistle on a Republican president, since he's the head of the executive.  Tough luck about that treason and all.

signed,

Every single Republican on the face of the planet

fixed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s always been about the liberal tears and the grift. 

Donald Trump doesn't care about "liberal tears".

Donald Trump cares about money and power.  He uses his bases' most primitive instincts against their own best interests to line his pockets.  They, being stupid and gullible, happily play along.

• Like 1

Watching Trump and his minions/supporters, it strikes me we are a lot closer to some form of dictatorship than anybody would comfortably like to admit.

If he was actually intelligent and charismatic, combined with full control of both houses by the Republicans...

• Like 2

Honestly, Trump would probably love to be impeached and removed, if he could get Pence to pardon him (or if he can self-pardon).   He'll avoid the fallout for his terrible policies, which he'll blame on the people who impeached him and his successors, and will make big bucks on the Republican grievance circuit.   The only hitch is the New York investigations. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Counterpoint:  what if TanSuit had done this?

Guilty by being black and Democrat. They're legalizing racism.  

2 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Whatever happened to the less government crowd?  Must be hanging out with the deficit hawk conservatives.  

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

They hate us because of our freedom!

better not hate us too much--our rich cities fund their poor states.  

14 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I wonder what his staff thinks on a daily basis?  Are they fully aware of the farce they are participating in and just think it is how politics works?  Do they have remorse?  Do they understand the implications of what they are helping prop up?  It has to be a surreal world.

"You don't understand. If it wasn't for us, things would be so much worse."

5 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

We live in a cartoon.  Seriously, this is comic book villain stuff.  No one would believe this was reality except we are actually living it.  The ironic part is that is pretty much our biggest threat.  I think a lot of rational people have checked out because this is all so unbelievable.  

06cdb94f-e080-4b9c-996a-d4d0ede343b5_tex

It has been said many times but we are clearly living in Back to the Future II

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Nope said:

You should click through and read the underlying letter. That is not a hyperbole headline.   The letter starts off by tying federal funding to potential security needs like having people that can speak Farsi.  Fine.   Then the letter just takes a hard left and says “I’m sick of you not telling your students about Islamic persecution of Christians and Jews.” It doesn’t tie it to anything federal. It’s wild. 

9 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

The Duke-UNC CMES appears to lack balance as it offers very few, if any, programs focused on the historic discrimination faced by, and current circumstances of, religious minorities in the Middle East, including Christians, Jews, Baha'is, Yadizis, Kurds, Druze, and others. Also, in your activities for elementary and secondary students and teachers, there is a considerable emphasis placed on the understanding the positive aspects of Islam, while there is an absolute absence of any similar focus on the positive aspects of Christianity, Judaism, or any other religion or belief system in the Middle East. This lack of balance of perspectives is troubling and strongly suggests that Duke-UNC CMES is not meeting legal requirement that National Resource Centers ”provide a full understanding of the areas, regions, or countries” in which the modern foreign language taught is commonly used. See 20 U.S.C. 1122(a)(l)(B)(ii) (emphasis added); 34 CFR 656.3(b)(1).

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

So our president promised to release $250 million in funds already approved by Congress if the Ukrainian president agreed to re-open an investigation into Joe Biden's son.

Wonderful.

I mean, it kind of sounds like the President shouldn't do that.

9 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Press pool:  Are you aware of what was in the whistleblower's report?

Trump:  I have no idea.  Haven't read it.  

Press pool:  You haven't read it?

Trump:  It's a joke.  You're a joke.  Everyone who read that report laughed at it. 

Press pool:  So you have read it?

Trump:  We're going to Mars.  We'll stop at the moon on the way and the military is stronger than it has ever been and it was, quite frankly, very weak but it's not anymore and I stopped ISIS and killed the caliphate and billions and billions of dollars and interestingly we're doing very well and doing amazing things and the military is stronger than ever and I can tell you it's unbelievable and our enemies are saying "whoa, we made a big mistake messing with this guy" you know me and what I've done with the military and we've done some amazing things and frankly we're making billions and billions of dollars and titanium is way stronger than steel but we're going to Mars.

Press pool:  What's your favorite color?

Chooky's bit these days -- I like it.  Because if we're all being burned alive in real-time, the least I should get is some laughs outta the deal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Press pool:  Are you aware of what was in the whistleblower's report?

Trump:  I have no idea.  Haven't read it.  

Press pool:  You haven't read it?

Trump:  It's a joke.  You're a joke.  Everyone who read that report laughed at it. 

Press pool:  So you have read it?

Trump:  We're going to Mars.  We'll stop at the moon on the way and the military is stronger than it has ever been and it was, quite frankly, very weak but it's not anymore and I stopped ISIS and killed the caliphate and billions and billions of dollars and interestingly we're doing very well and doing amazing things and the military is stronger than ever and I can tell you it's unbelievable and our enemies are saying "whoa, we made a big mistake messing with this guy" you know me and what I've done with the military and we've done some amazing things and frankly we're making billions and billions of dollars and titanium is way stronger than steel but we're going to Mars.

Press pool:  What's your favorite color?

Umm. Is this a real? I can't tell anymore.

• Like 2