Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

44 minutes ago, retread said:

what kind of major announcement occurs at 3PM on a Saturday? 

Weird.

He is manufacturing a national emergency and perverting the powers of presidency in order to **partially fulfill a campaign promise. 

**Mexico ain't paying for it.

Edited by yoladu

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Man, I'm still fucked up from seeing that.  I'd like to not see a repeat.  And he doesn't get the pussy way out.

my curiosity usually gets the better of me on such things, but so many people have said how horrifying and unsettling it is, i have managed to have the discipline to not watch it.

6 minutes ago, yoladu said:

my curiosity usually gets the better of me on such things, but so many people have said how horrifying and unsettling it is, i have managed to have the discipline to not watch it.

It's not that bad, and you may have seen it in cut scenes of a few music videos over the last 30 years.

19 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

He took the job knowing his boss would be a complete dipshit.  That's on him.

That he stayed two years is more evidence that he was only in it for himself.  Fuck him.

Only in it for himself? How? In what way did he benefit?

i think you're severely mischaracterizing his tenure as SecDef and the significance of his resignation. Of him, Kelly, and McMaster, Mattis is the only one who never sold out to Trump. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Continental Op said:
23 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:
Man, I'm still fucked up from seeing that.  I'd like to not see a repeat.  And he doesn't get the pussy way out.

Trump's little fingers probably couldn't pull the trigger.

He can't even operate an umbrella. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I'm not trying to redefine anything. I'm suggesting that we should fight back against the perception that "fiscally conservative" is identical to fiscally responsible.

Are people claiming this to be the case? Are those who say they're "fiscally conservative" implying that it's the same as fiscally responsible?

Investing in securities instead of bonds can be a fiscally responsible investment in the long term, but it's not fiscally conservative.

Isn't it fucking weird how we had one menacing, evil, caravan full of ISIS and MS-13, and that looming threat got nonstop heavy news coverage for several weeks leading up to the midterm election, and then it all just wafted away -- in the words of Warden Norton, "like a fart in the wind" -- just hours after the polls closed?

And now, when the Republicans are getting a beating in the polls for shutting down government, suddenly another caravan just materialized, and there's a crisis that needs dramatic action?

Maybe it's just me.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Isn't it fucking weird how we had one menacing, evil, caravan full of ISIS and MS-13, and that looming threat got nonstop heavy news coverage for several weeks leading up to the midterm election, and then it all just wafted away -- in the words of Warden Norton, "like a fart in the wind" -- just hours after the polls closed?

And now, when the Republicans are getting a beating in the polls for shutting down government, suddenly another caravan just materialized, and there's a crisis that needs dramatic action?

Maybe it's just me.  

It may be just possible that you are on to something here. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Maybe it's just me.  

the revelation of multiple prayer rugs strategically scattered spelling ISIS (in Arabic), that's a game changer. 

I chuckle at the idea of terrorists and drug smugglers deciding it's a good idea to blend in with a caravan, like somehow it's in their best interests to be with a group getting the most fucking attention and the most fucking scrutiny possible. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

At this point I want Trump to go ahead and declare his National Emergency.  Then when president Biden declares a National Emergency to fix health care, election finance, and climate change all you “conservatives” who support this can suck my dick

you are witnessing just another screw fall loose in how our government "works"

it will just get clunkier, more retarded, and more dramatic as time passes. and of course the problems being 'fixed' are all the wrong ones. 

only way is reform but the current POTUS is so awful that just getting him out will give you a fake victory.  oh well. i guess i will sit back and enjoy it.

no nuke weekend. fuck the cold. love yall. hopefully the devils go peacefully. 

14 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

At this point I want Trump to go ahead and declare his National Emergency.  Then when president Biden declares a National Emergency to fix health care, election finance, and climate change all you “conservatives” who support this can suck my dick

graham.gif?w=770

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

My prediction is that he'll toss out some flimsy compromise like reconsidering DACA but up his funding request for $10B.

Which he thinks will make him look both tough and willing to compromise, but which actually makes him look like a giant dumbass since he said no to the same deal at $25B a year ago. 

Trump will let us know he sold California to Russia for a border wall which will be built by the Aras Agalarov construction company for $100B. 

Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, Maxine Waters, Ted Lieu, Dianne Feinstein, and Kamala Harris will be deported to Siberia.

Because of the loss of dem seats, the GOP now has the majority in the house.

#MAGA

Just now, Chooky said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9745919

Meh, it's a lawyerly response and doesn't contradict it.  It says that their description is "not accurate."  Cormier claims to have FBI 302's and other documents backing up the statements from someone "read in" on the investigation.  I expect they'll issue a statement that they stand by the story.

11 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

My guess is Hope Hicks.  Other than Cohen, she's the only one who can dispute it.  Unfortunately for POTUS, suborning perjury doesn't require direct orders.

Edited by Yuk

4 minutes ago, thepop said:

What an odd statement. Not a denial but disputing accuracy of details. Wonder why they released it.

It's definitely saying be wary.  The report is not accurate and there are parts, perhaps major parts, which aren't true.... One of the writers said he was 'rock solid' on his sourcing and verified  the story with multiple sources, but if it proves not to be true, it's a setback if you're against Trump.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Y’all are reading too much into Mueller’s statement.  

Nothing about the buzzfeed article was specifically disputed. 

I'm inclined to agree with this for now. That statement was very carefully crafted to avoid outright denying the major premise, merely the details.

I, too, wonder what their motive was for releasing such a statement.