Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

On my phone so can't post the entire article but damn. What a fucking dumbass. 

- asks Yazidi survivor and Nobel Peace Prize winner why they gave it to her

- asks where her dead family is now

- sits there emotionless after she explains they're in mass graves

- asks who the Kurds are battling with

- asks Rohingya genocide survivor where Myanmar is 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7267623/President-Trumps-strange-response-Yazidi-woman-family-killed-ISIS.html

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I get a kick out of the people who think that this (racist attacks on Congresswomen) is some grand strategy by Trump, and that Democrats are playing right into his trap. 

First of all, Trump is an idiot.  His brand of idiocy may be marketable, but that doesn't change its nature.  

Secondly, and more importantly, if this isn't a battle for the hearts and minds of the country that we can win, what's the fucking point.  It's not ground that can be abandoned and still expect to maintain any defense.  

There’s a strategy here but it’s not Trump’s strategy and I’m not sure it’s about winning an election as much as provoking outrage for profit.  Right wing media has been setting the stage for this for months.  Omar, AOC, and Talib have been demonized relentlessly by Rush and Tucker.  Unfortunately, you have to listen to them to notice or follow people that cover their content. 

It’s really sick shit when you think about it. 

There’s a strategy here but it’s not Trump’s strategy and I’m not sure it’s about winning an election as much as provoking outrage for profit.  Right wing media has been setting the stage for this for months.  Omar, AOC, and Talib have been demonized relentlessly by Rush and Tucker.  Unfortunately, you have to listen to them to notice or follow people that cover their content. 
It’s really sick shit when you think about it. 
I'm convinced that this was also Trump's original play... running for office to get attention, lose the election, get a sweet gig bitching about the results (I'm not the first to cover this).

Everything he's doing now is improvising.
  • Like 1

Times Investigation: Trump administration has gutted programs aimed at detecting weapons of mass destruction

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-07-17/times-investigation-homeland-security-gutted-programs-aimed-at-stopping-wmd-terrorism

WASHINGTON — 

The Trump administration has quietly dismantled or cut back multiple programs that were created after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks to help detect and prevent terrorism involving weapons of mass destruction, a Times investigation has found.

The retreat has taken place over the last two years at the Department of Homeland Security, which has primary domestic responsibility for helping authorities identify and block potential chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear threats.

The changes, not previously reported, were made without rigorous review of potential security vulnerabilities, The Times found, undermining government-wide efforts aimed at countering terrorist attacks involving unconventional weapons, known as WMD.

More than 30 current and former Homeland Security employees and contractors voiced concern that the changes — including the cancellation of dozens of training exercises and the departure of scores of scientists and policy experts — have putAmericans at greater risk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retread said:

Enabling assholes like McCarthy and Rush need to nut up and just admit that they agree with it. That it's not just having fun.

Republicans - the politicians and the folks on the streets - are constantly trying to explain what Trump “really meant” with whatever hateful, racist, bigoted, or straight up moronic thing he just said.  What Trump “really meant” was exactly what he said.  More Republicans just need to come out and admit that they agree with the racism and hatred, and love it.  Of course, making those kinds of admissions gets difficult for folks who are fundamentally dishonest.  

• Like 3

I'm sure Trump and Rush/Tucker/Hannity chuckle among themselves during their midnight texting sessions. 

"We can get away with anything! I say whatever I want, then you walk it back, then I say it again a few days later. By then, nobody cares if I say it."

On 7/19/2019 at 11:35 AM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I often disagree with Noam Chomsky, but damn if this isn't a brilliant takedown of Trump, Democrats and Russiagate:

My main criticisms of this:

Chomsky seems to not account for foreign cash political contributions in describing the "elite" who control both parties.  Apart from his minimization of the effect of Russian 'digital' interference, he ignores how much Russian cash may have come in straight through the NRA and Inaugural fund for starters, which apart from buoying campaign efforts, also piles compromise, or blackmail, on top of that.  Oh, and emoluments. 

We haven't heard anything about the investigations into the NRA and Inauguration fund, but Barr could have very well drowned those in the tub by now.

Chomsky also seems to not account for the principle of incrementalism.  Like cancer, the key to survival often amounts to early detection and treatment.  It's being blind to minimize or ignore it.

Beyond that, I agree with everything about the primacy of corporate cash and the need for campaign finance reform.  But contrary to what Noam says, an intense focus and complete fleshing out of what Russia and other nations did in the 2016 election could provide the catapult necessary for real change to occur both legislatively and with enforcement.

Also, that dipshit commentator said Mueller found "no collusion."  Go fucking read page 2 of the Mueller report asshole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retread said:

I'm sure Trump and Rush/Tucker/Hannity chuckle among themselves during their midnight texting sessions. 

"We can get away with anything! I say whatever I want, then you walk it back, then I say it again a few days later. By then, nobody cares if I say it."

Christians getting upset about Trump's naughty words are now ridiculed on FR

https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3764787/posts

Probably on TexAgs as well.

If Obama had said it, they would be losing their fucking minds.

6 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Republicans - the politicians and the folks on the streets - are constantly trying to explain what Trump “really meant” with whatever hateful, racist, bigoted, or straight up moronic thing he just said.  What Trump “really meant” was exactly what he said.  More Republicans just need to come out and admit that they agree with the racism and hatred, and love it.  Of course, making those kinds of admissions gets difficult for folks who are fundamentally dishonest.  

His comment made no reference to race or ethnicity. So yes he meant what he said.

• Fuck You 9

On 6/15/2019 at 5:57 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

We should probably invest in schools that teach kids how to be better citizens, adults too. 

The best school in the world isn't going to teach any kid to be better than the shit level of parenting they have. America is full of whiny spoiled bitches, racists, free loaders, and morons. The #1 thing American kids aspire to be is an attention whore Instagram model or YouTube celebrity. The country is devolving rapidly and is too stupid, arrogant, and entitled to course correct. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

His comment made no reference to race or ethnicity. So yes he meant what he said.

Think of how stupid the average American is. 

Now think of how much more stupid that the average Trump supporter is than that person.  

Now think of someone who is way, way more stupid than that.  

You’re still not approaching Texashammer level stupid at that point.  

• Like 9

Vox did a fairly concise Greatest Hits of Trump's racism recently, but also included some pretty stellar deep tracks.

“Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” Trump at first denied the remarks, but later said in a 1997 Playboy interview that “the stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true.”

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

• Like 2