Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

16 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So we have no Defense Secretary, no FEMA Director, no Homeland Defense Secretary etc...  but Trump is calling the Prime Minster of Sweden about Kanye's friend?

i'm fine with this.

every minute he spends doing something stupid, like playing golf or watching tv, is a minute he's not "running the country."

make all the calls you want, mr president.  then go catch a quick 18.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

It won’t matter if Trump loses by 15 million actual votes.  Or loses the electoral college.  He will be in the White House in the weeks and months following the election claiming victory, and will have the full and unconditional support of 100% of Republicans, who will all call his loss “bogus” and “fake.”  And no one will do a thing about it.  Everyone will be standing around wringing their hands a year later trying to figure out “whats the right way to go about this.”  

really need to get rid of the lame duck period.  we have airplanes and video conferencing.  no need to have congress hang on for 2 months and the pres for another few weeks after that. 

6 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

We were speculating on Graham and his sudden turn to support all things Trump.  Here's another angle other than the dirty sexual pictures one.  But then, why not both?

https://medium.com/@TheDemCoalition/lindsey-graham-russian-oil-money-a-campaign-finance-scandal-f0ef9442ef2a

There is more in the article. 

We all knew that Dong and Wang figured prominently in Lindsey's kompromat, but I don't think this is quite what anyone expected. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, elfenix said:

really need to get rid of the lame duck period.  we have airplanes and video conferencing.  no need to have congress hang on for 2 months and the pres for another few weeks after that. 

Unfortunately I think you need that time to set up the transition.  If we were talking about a normal president that is.  Can you imagine the "transition" (assuming a peaceful one) to the next admin?  The dotard will probably smear the walls with feces and maybe even burn the whole thing down.  I would fully expect to recreate the government from the ground up.

That's actually something I want to see asked in the debates.  "If you are elected president, how would you go about rebuilding the government entities and structures that the toddler in chief has systematically dismantled?"  This will be the most important function of the next president.  Yeah, healthcare and such, but let's be realistic.  Most of the first term should be spent shoring up the disaster that we currently call the US Government.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Until 1933, Inauguration Day was in March.

Imagine, the lame duck President having basically 4 months to fuck shit up with no repercussions. 

In Canada, power transfers immediately from one PM to the next. 

My idea: States have 30 days to certify the election results and send them to Congress.  Congress certifies the results same day.  Power transfer happens within 24 hours of the certification. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I often disagree with Noam Chomsky, but damn if this isn't a brilliant takedown of Trump, Democrats and Russiagate:

Do we have any hackers that could take over Fox News and broadcast this for one 24 hour period? We would have a political revolution. 

F stupid people

5 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I often disagree with Noam Chomsky, but damn if this isn't a brilliant takedown of Trump, Democrats and Russiagate:

He’s right about everything except Russia.  The Republicans focused on Russia more than the democrats over the last few years.  Trump was driving the narratives the whole time with conspiracy theories and distractions.   Robert Mueller didn’t say a word while Trump couldn’t stop obstructing justice and literally talking and tweeting about obstructing justice.  Chomsky completely ignores this. 

Chomsky appears ignorant of how information warfare works today in an America with open borders on the internet.  He doesn’t understand the battlefield is wherever most people get their information, social media namely.  

Many top people around Trump during the campaign were indicted by Mueller and a few are already doing hard time, including his campaign manager and personal attorney.  Chomsky acts like that shit didn’t happen, which is rather sad considering he’s otherwise spot on. 

What Chomsky also ignores is how corporate power influences elections much in the same way Russia did with Trump.  Russia backed a crazy candidate, which, according to Chomsky in this video, was exactly what the 0.01% were doing down ballot with Republicans for the last 15 years. Putin/Trump exploited a vulnerability the corporate establishment created.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

That's a good topic of conversation.  It's easy to just look at overall approval without breaking down to EV.  

Yeah and that electoral math is being conveniently ignored in the echo chamber that the twitter Democrats love to occupy.  The "send her back" chants may horrify and disgust us, but does it actually hurt Trump in the tipping point states?

Here's another clip that expands on this and how Trump is banking on a Midwest "firewall" of white working class voters that is going to be awfully tough (if not impossible) for the Democrats to break through if the nominee is Warren, Bernie, or Harris.

Nate Cohn chimed in as well.

Edited by Message Board User

Fun!

Fuck this!!!

https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2019/07/trumps-epa-just-made-its-final-decision-not-to-ban-a-pesticide-that-hurts-kids-brains/

Thank god I/most of us have access to organic shit (and hope that it’s truly organic)....these people truly are despicable.

And people who don’t have access organic shit? Well thanks to our wonderful government, they’ll grow up with a fucked up brain.

• Like 1

It's going to take 20 years or more of competent leadership to undo the clusterfuck of Trumps rein.

It might be longer. I said this up thread somewhere but I believe it is going to take a real legitimate pain to change the direction of things - something like an extended financial collapse, a disaster, or war.

We are just too self centered right now.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Trump has said the 4 women have said things about America that are the worst in history. Shameful and awful, terrible things about our country. They hate our country. I'm trying to figure out what they said and why it was so bad. 

He's lying. They're not pro-Trump so that makes them anti-American in his view. 

We're going to have to break the party over country trend. It's not us vs them. It's US. Let's get our shit together and quit flinging shit across the aisles. Until we get dark money out of the equation, it's not going to happen. Corporations want one party in control so they only have to control one party.

• Like 4

Moral of the story: if you call in death threats to a Congressman, you should not give his/her staff your actual name and phone number. 

Well, he is a Trump supporter. Not thinking things through comes with the territory.

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Yeah and that electoral math is being conveniently ignored in the echo chamber that the twitter Democrats love to occupy.  The "send her back" chants may horrify and disgust us, but does it actually hurt Trump in the tipping point states?

Here's another clip that expands on this and how Trump is banking on a Midwest "firewall" of white working class voters that is going to be awfully tough (if not impossible) for the Democrats to break through if the nominee is Warren, Bernie, or Harris.

Nate Cohn chimed in as well.

This shit makes me nervous as hell.  The Dems just keep preaching to the choir.  That choir wasn’t enough to win in 2016 and it won’t win in 2020.    

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Watching this earlier, I was struck by how vocally the crowd cheered when he said "God damn poor." I guess this cowardly sack of bile and high self-regard is just God's Salty Sailor being hard on the least of us and taking the Lord's name in vain.

I was curious how it was received at Free Republic, and it was quite the nasty little civil war over there, complete with apparently some threads and lots of posts being deleted, lots of people angry at Trump, and lots of Trumpkins trying to come up with justifications trying to rationalize away what he said.

After all of the shit with everything else, the multiple adultery, etc., etc., and it's two little words that got some Trumpkins upset.

27 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Did you even watch the video? 

Yes.  Let me be more clear.  Chomsky talks about how the right consolidated the constituencies of the guns rights, abortion, evangelicals, nationalist, which is true.  What he ignores is the Russians specifically targeted these groups while pushing them even harder to the right and consolidating them around Donald Trump.  This is pretty well documented now. Maria Butina, Manafort, IRA.NRA corruption scandal. 

Instead, Chomsky gives the Jared Kushner/Mark Zuckerberg explanation that Russia had no meaningful influence on the election.  

Perhaps Chomsky minimizes the Russian influence to focus more on the corporate power, which is actually a big part of the problem because they knowingly allowed the Russian attack to go on.  Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan out front. 

Once Trump got into power, he paid off the 0.01% with tax cuts and a $1.3 trillion spending bill.  Can’t imagine why he did that...

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

26 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Perhaps Chomsky minimizes the Russian influence to focus more on the corporate power, which is actually a big part of the problem that knowingly allowed the Russian attack to go on.  Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan out front. 

Have you ever read anything written by Chomsky?