Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

jesus christ, america is over

No the Republican Party is over.

Unless they somehow become a one party state dictatorship like they have in China, Russia, North Korea, etc. Which believe me, the republicans are thinking about and at this point probably want.  If you want to live in a shithole oppressive country like those, just vote republican next election. And don’t forget the donuts. 

A donut carrying vote for the Republican Party in 2020 is a donut carrying vote for the end of America as we know it. I prefer sugar cake but would rather do without. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fozzz said:

She isn't wrong.

fascism

noun
fas·cism | \ ˈfa-ˌshi-zəm also ˈfa-ˌsi-  \

Definition of fascism

1often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorialleader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
2: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial controlearly instances of army fascism and brutality— J. W. Aldridge
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Unless they somehow become a one party state dictatorship like they have in China, Russia, North Korea, etc. Which believe me, the republicans are thinking about and at this point probably want.  If you want to live in a shithole oppressive country like those, just vote republican next election. And don’t forget the donuts. 

A donut carrying vote for the Republican Party in 2020 is a donut carrying vote for the end of America as we know it. I prefer sugar cake but would rather do without. 

This is a fact people.

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

they want whatever system where they can control everything without the annoying voters getting in the way.

trump has made casual comments about doing away with term limits.  he hates the whole idea of "judges" and thinks that's just a bad system out to make his life harder.  he doesn't pay attention to anything regarding the congress and their role in the checks and balances system.

he's taking it this direction whether it's intentional or not.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

He's gonna get caught in the frenzy eventually and call her a "towelhead" or "sand-nword." The crowd will cheer. He'll deny he said it despite it being on tape. And his approval rating will stay the same or improve. This is america.

There is a 90%+ chance this actually happens.

18 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Unless they somehow become a one party state dictatorship like they have in China, Russia, North Korea, etc. Which believe me, the republicans are thinking about and at this point probably want.

It's absolutely what they want. Party first, no obstructions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Pretty much.  Might as well, what's the phrase, lay back and enjoy it.

Funny story about that.  Last week I was in the office of a young associate.  I look out her window, and there's a big-ass storm rolling in.

ME: Damn--looks like a big storm is rolling in.

HER: Yeah.

ME: That's going to suck for traffic.

HER: Well, it's a rain storm in July--you may as well just sit back and enjoy it.

ME: 😲

HER: What?

ME: 🤨

HER: Why are you looking at me like that?

ME: What year were you born in?

HER: 1992.

ME: Nevermind.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

D_wK7xSX4AE0brd?format=jpg&name=medium

So I posted this on my FB page today with no comment. First response was from a friend, a Trumpkin,  (and a TexasEx at that) who simply replied "Rrrrrright." Gee, it was so difficult to post video of multiple Trumpkin rallies where "lock her up" or "send her back" were chanted, or Trump encouraged his supporters to "knock the crap out of" protesters while promising to pay their legal bills. Or, what the fuck, point out that less than a year ago a rabid Trump supporter sent 14 explosive devices to people critical of Trump? What a preposterous cartoon!

I mean, who the fuck would choose to deny that Trump doesn't use incendiary rhetoric at his rallies to fire up his worshippers? 

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Funny story about that.  Last week I was in the office of a young associate.  I look out her window, and there's a big-ass storm rolling in.

HER: Well, it's a rain storm in July--you may as well just sit back and enjoy it.

I was born the same year, but you should have told her the story of how our last democratic governor was voted in.

49 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

She isn't wrong.

fascism

noun
fas·cism | \ ˈfa-ˌshi-zəm also ˈfa-ˌsi-  \

Definition of fascism

1often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorialleader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
2: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial controlearly instances of army fascism and brutality— J. W. Aldridge

5BFE659A-36D8-490E-9D42-5EEF597D650F_zps

2 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I mean, who the fuck would choose to deny that Trump doesn't use incendiary rhetoric at his rallies to fire up his worshippers? 

The attacks against the Four, and Omar in particular, are egregious enough on their own. If you think about it, his vitriol toward Omar is equally about hatred directed at her constituents.

Implicit in the rallies is that 50% of Americans aren't real Americans, and Trump is not the president of every American.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, retread said:

The attacks against the Four, and Omar in particular, are egregious enough on their own. If you think about it, his vitriol toward Omar is equally about hatred directed at her constituents.

Implicit in the rallies is that 50% of Americans aren't real Americans, and Trump is not the president of every American.

a week ago, if you had told omar herself that she would be singled out and ridiculed/chanted about during a trump rally, she would've laughed at the ridiculousness.

but it's ok because "she started it".

these fucking times.

• Like 1

At these pivotal moments I think it’s important we welcome with open arms those that are just now jumping off the Trump train. 

It does no good to be hateful to people that are coming out of their spells for the right reasons.  We can always make fun of them later once Trump is gone.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:
At these pivotal moments I think it’s important we welcome with open arms those that are just now jumping off the Trump train. 

It does no good to be hateful to people that are coming out of their spells for the right reasons.  We can always make fun of them later once Trump is gone.  

“For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. He agreed to pay them a denarius for the day and sent them into his vineyard.

“About nine in the morning he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’ So they went.

“He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing. About five in the afternoon he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’

“‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.

“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’

“When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’

“The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. ‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’

“But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

“So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

Matthew 20:1-16.

Edited by Ghost of LL

39 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Looks like you missed your opportunity. 

• Haha 1

Trump is going to keep up his attacks on these women, keep saying outrageous things about them until most of his supporters, even Lindsay Graham, are going to have to abandon him.  He's going to keep testing and testing and testing and more and more people will be like the lady above who, after 30 years, is leaving the party. It's NOT a winning strategy.  It MIGHT be a winning strategy in a more cunning man than Trump, but he's got no internal governor and the strain is getting to him.  I think Lindsay Graham is being blackmailed, though, and will  defend Trump to the death because of it. That's the only reason I can see that would explain his complete 180-degree about face from the things he was saying about Trump in 2015-16 to the things he's saying now.  The Russians probably have sex tapes/conversations between Lindsay and his boyfriend.   Or it may end up with one of these women getting hurt. Again, I don't see it as a winning strategy. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Trump is going to keep up his attacks on these women, keep saying outrageous things about them until most of his supporters, even Lindsay Graham, are going to have to abandon him.  He's going to keep testing and testing and testing and more and more people will be like the lady above who, after 30 years, is leaving the party. It's NOT a winning strategy.  It MIGHT be a winning strategy in a more cunning man than Trump, but he's got no internal governor and the strain is getting to him.  I think Lindsay Graham is being blackmailed, though, and will  defend Trump to the death because of it. That's the only reason I can see that would explain his complete 180-degree about face from the things he was saying about Trump in 2015-16 to the things he's saying now.  The Russians probably have sex tapes/conversations between Lindsay and his boyfriend.   Or it may end up with one of these women getting hurt. Again, I don't see it as a winning strategy. 

I've been saying this for a year or more.  Something happened during that round of golf.  Could be a penchant for more innocent partners...kind of like Epstein, but same sex.

On the other hand, McConnell is just an evil power hungry villain, through and through. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It will be.

Look at it this way: There was 58% voter turnout last election.  Let's presume that it was the same percentage for folks favoring each candidate.

If Trump loses some of the folks who would have supported him....but gets 90% turnout among those who still support him, he will win.  Enthusiasm and turnout win, not preferences or polls.

If 70% of the people who support the Dem candidate vote, and 90% of the people who support Trump vote, it won't matter that the "support" polls are 55-45 in favor of the Dem.  Those turnouts give us a margin in TRUMP'S FAVOR of 38.5% of voters for the Dem (70% of 55%) being beaten by 40.5% of voters for Trump (90% of 45%). 

He's playing the enthusiasm and turnout game.  It's a good strategy -- look at and listen to these folks, they're willing to kill and die for him.  He will win.  Not because more people WANT him to win, but because the people who want him to win will ALL show up and vote.  With religious fervor. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I think Lindsay Graham is being blackmailed, though, and will  defend Trump to the death because of it. 

Hey Lindsay...its 2019....we already know you’re gay....and no one cares.

Edited by Horn Dog

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Something to smile about for once 

You should definitely visit the Cruz thread and watch a bug go into his mouth. It's really satisfying.

Edited by bolverk
Verbs are necessary

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It will be.

Look at it this way: There was 58% voter turnout last election.  Let's presume that it was the same percentage for folks favoring each candidate.

If Trump loses some of the folks who would have supported him....but gets 90% turnout among those who still support him, he will win.  Enthusiasm and turnout win, not preferences or polls.

If 70% of the people who support the Dem candidate vote, and 90% of the people who support Trump vote, it won't matter that the "support" polls are 55-45 in favor of the Dem.  Those turnouts give us a margin in TRUMP'S FAVOR of 38.5% of voters for the Dem (70% of 55%) being beaten by 40.5% of voters for Trump (90% of 45%). 

He's playing the enthusiasm and turnout game.  It's a good strategy -- look at and listen to these folks, they're willing to kill and die for him.  He will win.  Not because more people WANT him to win, but because the people who want him to win will ALL show up and vote.  With religious fervor. 

Sorry brisket but I respectfully disagree. He only wins if either (1) the dems don’’t turnout which is absolutely not going to happen in 2020, or (2) the republicans cheat their ass off which is certainly possible but won’t be as easy this time.

Admit it, you were wrong about 2018, and at least admit that you certainly could be wrong about 2020. Your a lawyer right? You ain’t gonna tell your client they are 100 percent going to jail or 100 percent getting off, right? 

Personally I put the odds that Trump and the trumpkins go down in 2020 at 70-30. Maybe that’s optimistic, but not unreasonable IMO. What do you think? 

6 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Hey Lindsay...its 2019....we already know you’re gay....and no one cares.

When it comes to guys being blackmailed, Lindsay Graham is one of the most obvious ones I’ve ever seen, even more than trump himself. 

If its because he’s still trying to maintain that he isn’t gay then that’s pathetic. For his sake, I hope the blackmail must be worse than that because otherwise he’s just pathetic. 

7 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Personally I put the odds that Trump and the trumpkins go down in 2020 at 70-30. Maybe that’s optimistic, but not unreasonable IMO. What do you think? 

Like Jack Straw said a few pages back, it won't just be the normal election variables. Trump and co. will be pulling every dirty trick in the book and then some, and the Russians will be interfering in fun, new ways in our election. Trump won't do anything to stop that.

• Like 1

Fuck those fucking fucks.  They happily rode the Trump train all the way to this waypoint.  They enabled it and created it.  They own it.  They can go to hell along with him....
giphy.gif

They were likely polling their constituents and finally came up with a point they couldn’t cross and get re-elected.

11 minutes ago, retread said:

Like Jack Straw said a few pages back, it won't just be the normal election variables. Trump and co. will be pulling every dirty trick in the book and then some, and the Russians will be interfering in fun, new ways in our election. Trump won't do anything to stop that.

I’m not as worried about the Russians this go around.  The way they hijacked our media with the emails was probably the most influential part of the interference.  I feel like the folks in the MSM got a crash course in how they operate over the past three years so they should all be more prepared.  Also, the priority of the Kremlin in 2016 was mostly about stopping Hillary because Putin hated her fucking guts.  

I’m more concerned about the actual votes getting hacked. 

Sad to say, I expect the Republicans to straight up cheat.